PDA

View Full Version : North Central PA Aquarium Reef Society Feb. Meeting Date and Frag List

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Fizz71
02/05/2004, 11:13 PM
I gotta get a new friggin' host. It's been ridiculous lately. The sad thing is, I can FPT right in..no problems. The FPT must run off a mirror or something. They seem to go in shifts. I know it's not the site's code because even though it's not the most efficient code, it runs just fine most of the time. I also have a friend hosting on there with real basic pages and his runs slow when mine runs slow.

Unfortunetely ASP hosting companies are expensive..I was shopping again today. I'll ***** some more, and see if they have any other servers to move me too. But don't worry guys/gals..I always have backups and if I need to I'll bring MY d*mn server to the swap and people can lookup what they need.

--Fizz

Fizz71
02/05/2004, 11:27 PM
I notice the home page did finally come up after about 3 minutes. If that took 3 minutes..the trade page will never make it past the timeout threshold.

I sent them another semi-nasty email. The last time I complained they said "This won't happen again."...uh huh. It's been happening on and off all week, I'm surprised you folks haven't complained until now..although this is the longest it's been bad and the first time it's done it at night in a while.

I know they're going to tell me that it's the virus that is spreading right now..and it probably is..the server's CPU is probably pegged at 100% usage because it's dealing with nothing but virus emails in and out and in and out...oh well.

--Fizz

CherryCat
02/05/2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Fizz71
... I'm surprised you folks haven't complained until now ...
--Fizz
personally, i do't like to look a gift horse in the mouth ... you've done a terrific job with the site, fizz, and i'm grateful. just didn't want to whine ...

jc

ps- it is terribly annoying, tho!! :eek2:

Mal3
02/05/2004, 11:45 PM
Site is still very slow.

I can get to the home page.

I see we are up to 83 for the swap.

The superglue that I use is the duro quick gel from Walmart. It is two tubes for under $2.

bob124578
02/06/2004, 12:01 AM
After I get these frags home, how the heck am I going to attach rock to rock? I have never had success with reef epoxy or super/crazy glue/gel. What do you folks use? I can attach life to rock -- just not rock to rock.

bmkindig
02/06/2004, 12:34 AM
well guys i'm done for the night,6 hours and nothing just and fyi i have a set of saloman island zoo's free since bugmans not coming and 2 of my ricordia's listed early on(1 light blue and 1 green with purple skirt) free in case i can't change the site in the am.

sixpackrt
02/06/2004, 03:47 AM
guys i still got some zoo's left
go check them out

Ron

sixpackrt
02/06/2004, 03:49 AM
also Fizz's site is running great

Ron

Tagamet
02/06/2004, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by sixpackrt
also the site is running great

Ron

Yep, 4:20 a.m. and all is well!
Tagamet

zooqi
02/06/2004, 04:26 AM
4:24 am and too much coffee today. Long drive from NJ today. Started to snow around 11:45 and it took me forever to get home from Hazelton.

bmkindig
02/06/2004, 05:23 AM
yeah i happen to wake up and found site working... ps thanks fizz i got a few requests back.

back to bed

brad

Fizz71
02/06/2004, 08:08 AM
Well I'm glad it was up for a while..it's acting up again. :(

--Fizz

Mal3
02/06/2004, 08:09 AM
Bob124578 wrote
After I get these frags home, how the heck am I going to attach rock to rock? I have never had success with reef epoxy or super/crazy glue/gel. What do you folks use? I can attach life to rock -- just not rock to rock.

I attach rock to rock with the super glue gel from Wal-Mart. Now we are talking small frag piece of rock to bigger rocks.

First, clean off the frag rock good. Get any slime off.
Then dry it a bit.
Put on a whole bunch of superglue gel. (Possibly a whole tube.
Wait about 10 seconds.
Put it into the tank and press it in place. Hold it there for at least 20-30 seconds. Do not wiggle it.
Release and it will hold and set further on its own.
That is it.

The super glue rocks can come off. It is not real strong; so don't put a lot of pressure on it. In time the coral will grow over it and attach even stronger.

If you want to do bigger rocks, then you may need epoxy. Epoxy does not bind quickly, but is gets strong. It is ugly though, but the coralline algae will grow over it in time.

Mal3
02/06/2004, 08:13 AM
Well, here is hoping this snow gets it over with today. It should be out of here by Sunday.

Fizz71
02/06/2004, 08:17 AM
You can also help it out by finding a crack or slot that matches the rock a little, so that as much of the rock is touching the base as possible. I've also used the stick aquarium epoxy since that fills holes better, but it can be sighlty for a LONG time. I try not to use it if I can get away with it. But I've use quite a bit lately since my live rock has odd shapes and smooth edges. Oh well.

--Fizz

J19M
02/06/2004, 09:33 AM
4:24 am and too much coffee today. Long drive from NJ today. Started to snow around 11:45 and it took me forever to get home from Hazelton.

Yikes! I just took me 2 hours to do a 45 minute drive to work in Hazleton. I should have read this before I left might have just stayed home.

Becareful all!

Fizz71
02/06/2004, 09:38 AM
The site seems to be back to normal again. I've gone in and marked bugman as "not attending" so that his trades no longer appear available and the headcount is reduced.

However..those of you with active requests and trades will STILL see them in your screens, it will just be footnoted that he's not attending. You can remove your request or leave it there and work with him on mailing the frags to you.

Enjoy.

--Fizz

yellowtruck75
02/06/2004, 09:58 AM
You guys thought it was bad in the snow. I drove from Altoona last night to Selinsgrove in the brunt of the storm (took me at least an extra 90 minutes). I never drove down the middle of route 99 before (couldn't see the lanes). I then I thought the rumbling was my truck until I realized I was offf the road LOL

holeinone1972
02/06/2004, 10:08 AM
Ok we are close in date, if not in distance.

So, here is my next event:

Hey everyone, the next Pittsburgh area frag swap is under development now.

Go here (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2377267#post2377267) to learn all about it.

Rob

FRAG SWAP!!! FRAG SWAP!!! FRAG SWAP !!! FRAG SWAP!!! FRAG SWAP!!!

Rob

Fizz71
02/06/2004, 10:44 AM
Just some interesting notes on some queries I ran on this morning's backup....

On the trade site we have...

130+ registered names.
80 registered adult attendees.
1 registered child..Rahn's kid is going to be quite lonely. :)

For trades we have 356 unique items listed with a total count of 1,189 items. We currently have 610 of those items scheduled to change hands on Sunday. :)

We also have 50 people still sitting with "requests" for items so we aren't done yet!

--Fizz

71goalie
02/06/2004, 11:01 AM
"you've got yourself a great statistician there, does he know much about race car drivers?" - Days of Thunder

Tagamet
02/06/2004, 12:22 PM
Just some interesting notes on some queries I ran on this morning's backup....

On the trade site we have...
130+ registered names.
80 registered adult attendees.
1 registered child..Rahn's kid is going to be quite lonely. :)
For trades we have 356 unique items listed with a total count of 1,189 items. We currently have 610 of those items scheduled to change hands on Sunday. :)
We also have 50 people still sitting with "requests" for items so we aren't done yet!
--Fizz

To quote an old TV show:

"THAT'S INCREDIBLE!"

Great work Fizz et.al.
Tagamet

Fizz71
02/06/2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by 71goalie
"you've got yourself a great statistician there, does he know much about race car drivers?" - Days of Thunder

LOL

Hey wait...what are you trying to insinuate! :)

--Fizz

zooqi
02/06/2004, 12:53 PM
I say,, that is great. 44 more hours and I'm on the highway.

yellowtruck75
02/06/2004, 01:13 PM
Hey Zooqi
Since no one wanted any of my Colt or Xenia I am gonna try to bring some large pieces for the school donations. The colt cuttings I bring might be pretty huge.

J19M
02/06/2004, 01:43 PM
yellowtruck...

I am jealous once again. With I had my tank up for one of those babys. I LOVE your pictures ot them.

yellowtruck75
02/06/2004, 01:45 PM
I added an encrusting gorgonian to my frag list. I got it from Mal at the last meeting.

yellowtruck75
02/06/2004, 01:46 PM
And a nice piece of Sinularia that is mounted and bout 4" tall.

Highntight247
02/06/2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Tagamet
Because they're working.
Tagamet

Exactly.

I'll be traveling with V-10, as he is my next door neighbor, and close friend. I am really looking forward to this meet, as this is my first as well as my first reef tank.

See you all there..

Tagamet
02/06/2004, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by yellowtruck75
Hey Zooqi
Since no one wanted any of my Colt or Xenia I am gonna try to bring some large pieces for the school donations. The colt cuttings I bring might be pretty huge.

Great move! The kids realy do appreciate the donations.
Tagamet

JonK
02/06/2004, 05:42 PM
Yellowtruck: If I can't find the colt I got from Rahn(it went MIA) I'll probably get a frag from you.

Man, this is great. only a couple more days.

Jon

Tagamet
02/06/2004, 07:25 PM
If anyone needs to reach Rahn (nixnutz) directly, please drop me a direct email at:

lgeguzisAToak.kcsd.k12.pa.us

Tagamet

Mal3
02/06/2004, 08:27 PM
Frag site is slow. Anyone else having that problem?

sixpackrt
02/06/2004, 08:38 PM
yes for the last hr

Ron

sixpackrt
02/06/2004, 08:44 PM
i just got back from the dollar store bought 50 containers for 8 bucks for my frags alot better then trying to bag them

Ron

Mal3
02/06/2004, 09:19 PM
The site is better now

zooqi
02/06/2004, 10:01 PM
frag meeting ? what frag meeting ? I'm working on putting a fall frag meeting together starting this week. I can't wait untill Sunday.

Tagamet
02/06/2004, 10:02 PM
i just got back from the dollar store bought 50 containers for 8 bucks for my frags alot better then trying to bag them
Ron

Shoot. I just paid $2/10 at Walmart and bought about as many.
Sigh. Everyone who's buying frags from me, add a dollar (jk)(g).
Tagamet

Tagamet
02/06/2004, 10:03 PM
Oh, BTW, I just broke the 2000 post mark!
Tagamet

Tagamet
02/06/2004, 10:35 PM
I just printed out my list of swaps for Sunday. NINETEEN PAGES !!!
Granted, the pictures take up SOME space, but 19 PAGES. Now that's the mother of all swaps!

BTW, could the people who are trading for the orange Hairy mushrooms please PM me with whatever we'd agreed on? I remember some of them, but given my lousy memory, I don't want to dissapoint anyone. (mumbling "19 pages!"....)

Tagamet

Tagamet
02/06/2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by zooqi
frag meeting ? what frag meeting ? I'm working on putting a fall frag meeting together starting this week. I can't wait untill Sunday.

Fall? What happened to SUMMER??? There's the spring one in April out in Pix-burg, and then you expect us junkies to wait until Fall??? I think NOT. (lol, let's get through Sunday without a massive coronary infarction)
Tagamet

V-10Power
02/06/2004, 11:23 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks for the friendly responses. It's real hard telling everyone in a crowd no petting. It's a tough rule and I'm actually hardest on my family and friends. I admit I sometimes give in for a heal hot chick.

More seriously, the reason for not petting working service dogs is two-fold;

1. We don't want the dog to be distracted from his work assisting me. It could be a safety issue in some cirmcumstances such as if Pilgrim were attracted to your call and open gesturing hand he may pull my chair off course where i could collide with something or worse rolling your toes.

2. His payment comes in three forms, verbal praise, petting and sometimes a treat. If I allow everyone to pet him for being cute then my petting is not so important when he does a super job.

If his leather harness is removed then he may be pet as that is his free time and he is often rewarded for special performance(ignoring you).

Cute as he is I don't use him as much as I should for picking up chicks, but this week maybe he'll work for frags.

Just ask and I'd be happy to show you his bag of tricks.

A tease; he knows the National Anthem.

Kirk :)

bmkindig
02/06/2004, 11:46 PM
v-10
that sounds cool a dog that knows that national anthem!
brad

V-10Power
02/07/2004, 12:07 AM
Just curious,

Do buyers need bags or boxes?

I've seen you folks mention tupperware containers, should buyers be prepared with such containers?

Unfortunately my last insulated shipping box was trashed.

First timer....

Kirk

bmkindig
02/07/2004, 12:47 AM
hey kirk
trust me bring a cooler!!!!!!!
brad

zooqi
02/07/2004, 12:52 AM
There are some other meetings within 3-5 hours from here but I decided to have one every year instead of two to give others a chance and diversity is a good thing too. It might take me that long to prepare for the one in Fall.

mind3d
02/07/2004, 07:05 AM
getting close to the 24 hour mark. i'm gettin the shakes... :)

CherryCat
02/07/2004, 07:16 AM
does any one have mini brittle stars in their system that they could part with?? mine haven't come back as well as i had hoped and i'd like to kick start them again. lmk ...

jc

bmkindig
02/07/2004, 11:58 AM
hey
whose counting down not me like i care if there's only 24 hours left
brad

Tagamet
02/07/2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by CherryCat
does any one have mini brittle stars in their system that they could part with?? mine haven't come back as well as i had hoped and i'd like to kick start them again. lmk ...
jc

You mean the tiny ones that stick to the glass? I have some I can collect (if you want to make it worth the effort<g>). Seriously, those I have seen at swaps DO go fast.
LMK,
Tagamet

bmkindig
02/07/2004, 01:59 PM
hey guys
only 22 hours left
but whose counting not me
brad

holeinone1972
02/07/2004, 04:13 PM
oooooopppppssss small catastrophe.

Kensington 83 (Mona in NJ)
beerman0831 (Ken)
nixnutz (Rahn Richards)
sixpackrt (Ron)
JonddK (Jon Kenyon)

I may not have your stomatela snails. I had them already set aside and forgot about them. I do not know if I can collect them in time.

I will try but forgive me if I cannot.

Rob

Fizz71
02/07/2004, 04:51 PM
Are we there yet?

Bob Nell
02/07/2004, 04:52 PM
I've made a last minute decision to attend the swap.
I will be bringing several pieces of red montipora capricornis, green montipora digita, green montipora capricornis, purple tipped tri-color acro, green bali slimer, pink damicornis and pink zenia

Fizz71
02/07/2004, 05:11 PM
For those folks coming on board last minute...(and we've had a couple)...first...welcome...but just to let you know, you'll need to make your own badge when you get there. I printed everything out last night, and I'm out of badge paper.

See you all there.

--Fizz

Fizz71
02/07/2004, 05:12 PM
..and I'm printing out the trades list now..so anybody who adds, accepts, requests, etc. from this point on is on their own!!!

--Fizz

Tagamet
02/07/2004, 05:36 PM
..and I'm printing out the trades list now..so anybody who adds, accepts, requests, etc. from this point on is on their own!!!
--Fizz

WAIT,WAIT! I have a .... (just kidding).
Tagamet

TomH
02/07/2004, 05:45 PM
I was just considering bringing this piece. Its a turbinaria reniformis (I think), aka "scroll coral" When I first got it, the center was starting to necrotize. It got worse, and then recovered, and has seen some good growth in my tank (but the center section didn't grow back). PM me if you're interested.

Tom

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/27818turbinaria.JPG

Tagamet
02/07/2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Bob Nell
I've made a last minute decision to attend the swap.
I will be bringing several pieces of red montipora capricornis, green montipora digita, green montipora capricornis, purple tipped tri-color acro, green bali slimer, pink damicornis and pink zenia

Welcome, Bob!
I'm new to SPS and was wondering what the difference is between a pick pocci and a pink damicornis. When I searched for pics and info, I often find pink pocci damicornis. Is there a diff? I have some pink pocci but if damicornis is different, I might be interested in yours.
TIA,
Tagamet

Mal3
02/07/2004, 07:48 PM
You guys that were looking for containers to put the frag into. This is better than walmart or the dollar store.

I went to the deli stand at the Redners Market and I got 30 of those plastic containers with the snap down lids (like the ones that they sell potato salid in) for $1.50 (5 cents each).

How about that. They are usually open 24 hours if you need them.

Mal3
02/07/2004, 07:55 PM
Only 16 hour to go!!!

Tagamet
02/07/2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Mal3
You guys that were looking for containers to put the frag into. This is better than walmart or the dollar store.
I went to the deli stand at the Redners Market and I got 30 of those plastic containers with the snap down lids (like the ones that they sell potato salid in) for $1.50 (5 cents each).
How about that. They are usually open 24 hours if you need them.

That would require what we refer to around here as an "urban area".
Thanks though,
Tagamet
T minus 16 hours.....

Tagamet
02/07/2004, 07:59 PM
Hey Beerman. Did we ever come to an agreement on what you wanted to trade me for the orange hairy mushroom?
Tagamet

Mal3
02/07/2004, 08:06 PM
Sanjay, Steven Pro, & Carto

I just selected items from you, so check the site.

Sorry Fizz, but I just got home.

JonK
02/07/2004, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by holeinone1972
oooooopppppssss small catastrophe.

I may not have your stomatela snails. I had them already set aside and forgot about them. I do not know if I can collect them in time.

I will try but forgive me if I cannot.

Rob

Come on Rob, you don't need any sleep tonight.:D

Jon

CherryCat
02/07/2004, 09:45 PM
okay, that's it. i've printed out my list of trades and i'm not even going to peek at the site again. so, please don't list anything really amazing.

see y'all in the morning!!
jc

ps- my wife is glad that tomorrow is here for she will no longer have to hear me say, "arrgh!! fizz's site's down again!!" :smokin:

Tagamet
02/07/2004, 09:49 PM
okay, that's it. i've printed out my list of trades and i'm not even going to peek at the site again. so, please don't list anything really amazing.
see y'all in the morning!!
jc
:smokin:

Did you want some tiny brittle stars? You never replied
Tagamet

PS You ahould SEE what was just posted!

holeinone1972
02/07/2004, 09:54 PM
v-10 power

I have your monti cap, and green candycane accepted, I will bring tomorrow.

Rob
ECC

Fizz71
02/07/2004, 09:55 PM
That's OK mal. I went to print out the trades page and it was 51 pages!!!! Forget it! I'll stop at work on the way up tommorrow and laser print them...that would drain my printer dry.

And the site has been up all day..just god awfully slow. Next time I'll make things PAGES...so there's less waste of db access of stuff you don't read.

--Fizz

CherryCat
02/07/2004, 10:24 PM
tag, sorry, i missed that one. yes, please i would love some tiny stars. :)

Tagamet

PS You ahould SEE what was just posted!
ah, this is where i get to display that self-control the wife-unit claims i lack!! I'll just wait until she's sound asleep and then take a peek!! :smokin:

jc

Tagamet
02/07/2004, 10:27 PM
tag,
ah, this is where i get to display that self-control the wife-unit claims i lack!! I'll just wait until she's sound asleep and then take a peek!! :smokin:
jc

Too late. I bought it.
Tagamet

beerman0831
02/07/2004, 10:31 PM
Just got back from helping Rhan and Bytor setting up at the fire hall.It`s a nice big room.Plenty of seats.

CherryCat
02/07/2004, 10:31 PM
Too late. I bought it.
Tagamet
doh!! :eek:

jc

Fizz71
02/07/2004, 10:34 PM
Good call Mal!! I was looking for something to pack my macro in and I was just about to head out to walmart. I saw your post and went to Redners instead...

Long story short..20x1lb container...$.60...That's $0.03 a piece for me! Cha-ching!

--Fizz

Fizz71
02/07/2004, 10:43 PM
...and for those of you who still need to print out your trade report..the site IS working..just slow. If you had let the site store your password in cookies you can save time and go RIGHT to your trade report page:

http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars/tradereport.asp

..just be patient..it IS running..I just did mine.

--Fizz

beerman0831
02/07/2004, 10:44 PM
I printed out mine just a bit ago.Site is slow but working.

Python73
02/07/2004, 10:49 PM
Everything packed but the corals. See you all around noon. 5 PMASers rolling into town for some serious fragging. :)

S !

Tagamet
02/08/2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by beerman0831
I printed out mine just a bit ago.Site is slow but working.

Still no reply on what you wanted to trade for my orange hairy mushroom. If you aren't interested anymore that really ok, I just need to know SOON.
Thanks,
Tagamet

bmkindig
02/08/2004, 02:01 AM
10 hours left but whose counting not me
brad
wow 2am and all is quite it's like the night before xmas

holeinone1972
02/08/2004, 05:43 AM
5:45 am and I am all packed. See you in 250 miles.

Rob
ECC

ps sorry no stomatellas, but look at the good side, you all have $15 extra to spend on something else.

Rob

sixpackrt
02/08/2004, 06:07 AM
have a save ride

Ron

Fizz71
02/08/2004, 07:07 AM
Gee..the site is running great a 7am. :) I'll have some printouts at the desk of the current state of the site as of RIGHT NOW...since I had to come to work to print this stuff....at 70 some pages a piece in landscape. :)

See you all there.

--Fizz

JonK
02/08/2004, 07:16 AM
Let's get those frags bagged!!!! Woo Hoo!!

bmkindig
02/08/2004, 07:30 AM
frag meeting?????
what's a frag meeting ,when is it,who can come.

brad

beerman0831
02/08/2004, 07:42 AM
Everyone have a safe trip.See ya`s all soon.

mind3d
02/08/2004, 08:25 AM
fizz,
thanx for putting together the website. it was soo helpful, even if it was tempermental :) got a bag of macroalgae put aside for you.

c ya soon guys

Tagamet
02/08/2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by JonK
Let's get those frags bagged!!!! Woo Hoo!!

Just as I was about to start bagging frags, I dropped a ballast on my bare foot. It only hit my big toe, but that's now black. When my eyes clear, I'll get back to bagging, but if anyone is still reading this, let people know I'll be a lttle late.
Tagamet

godlyme
02/08/2004, 09:52 AM
got out of work late...damn sick people cant just leave em =( im on my way now but may be a few late

sixpackrt
02/08/2004, 09:54 AM
lol tag

im leaving now

see you when i get there

Ron

Tagamet
02/08/2004, 09:57 AM
lol tag
Ron

You must be hilarious at funerals. Please let Rahn know.
Tagamet

JonK
02/08/2004, 10:14 AM
Just as I was about to start bagging frags, I dropped a ballast on my bare foot. It only hit my big toe, but that's now black. When my eyes clear, I'll get back to bagging, but if anyone is still reading this, let people know I'll be a lttle late.
Tagamet

I know how you feel Tag. I dropped a piece of plywood on my big toe a couple years ago. I needed x-rays and stuff. Nothing was broken but it was bleeding so much inside that the pain was excruciating. The blood was building up causing lots of pressure so they ended up burning a hole thru my toenail into the skin of my toe so the blood could come gushing out. What fun that was.

Jon

Tagamet
02/08/2004, 10:20 AM
I know how you feel Tag. I dropped a piece of plywood on my big toe a couple years ago. I needed x-rays and stuff. Nothing was broken but it was bleeding so much inside that the pain was excruciating. The blood was building up causing lots of pressure so they ended up burning a hole thru my toenail into the skin of my toe so the blood could come gushing out. What fun that was.
Jon

Thanks Jon,
Let's hope this is not the case. The nail's just black right now. I've had HALF a big toe nail removed once. You're right. NOT fun.
Back to chipping and baggin!
Tagamet

71goalie
02/08/2004, 10:29 AM
we're running late also. please let everyone know we are coming and will hopefully be there by around 12:30

yellowtruck75
02/08/2004, 10:50 AM
reedercontracting
I hope you got the message I sent you before you left about not being able to catch the yellow tang.

JonK
02/08/2004, 05:58 PM
That's all I have to say is Wow!!!! Great job guys, Rahn, Tim everyone that was involved in setting this thing up and getting it together. And just think, it can only get bigger and better from here. Thanks again guys, I'm still acclimating all my stuff. It's hard to believe it's over already but I look forward to the next one.

Jon

beerman0831
02/08/2004, 06:22 PM
Awesome swap.All frags are doing great and some are starting to open already.Thanks everyone.Now when is the next one.:)

CherryCat
02/08/2004, 06:30 PM
just finished putting all the bags/containers (25!!) in the tank to float. gonna be a long night acclimating!! :D

as jon said "wow!!" i cannot wait for the next one!!

cheers!!
jc

Tagamet
02/08/2004, 06:56 PM
just finished putting all the bags/containers (25!!) in the tank to float. gonna be a long night acclimating!! :D
as jon said "wow!!" i cannot wait for the next one!!
cheers!!
jc

Thanks to EVERYONE for a fantastic SWAP! Especially both of the hosts and MO.
My whole foot is now oifficially swollen, so I'm off the the ER for X-rays. (new meaning to "film at 11")
Tagamet

Goalie: Remember, no wishing on the tank. (wink)

beerman0831
02/08/2004, 07:28 PM
Well I hope your toe is ok Tag but look on the bright side,you made the swap!

Corals and More
02/08/2004, 07:44 PM
We had a great time too! It was nice to finally meet everyone in person and all of you were very nice too. We can't wait until the next swap also.
Kelly & Rich

TomH
02/08/2004, 08:01 PM
Thanks to Rahn, Tim, Kevin and Mo for a job well done!

Everything is in the tank and looking great -- Guess I'll be seeing some of you again in P'bgh in a few months.

Tom

sixpackrt
02/08/2004, 08:17 PM
i had a blast every thing is in my tank and doing great
cant wait untill the next one

Ron

yellowtruck75
02/08/2004, 08:26 PM
Great swap guys, I love all the frags I got from everyone

reedercontracting
02/08/2004, 08:34 PM
Yes it was a great swap! We want to thank everyone for such a wonderful time. Everyone made us feel welcomed. Bytor thank you for letting us see your beautiful tanks, all we can say is WOW!!!! I wish our tank will look that nice some day. So guys who is going to host the next one? I was excited for this one to come but now we are sad because it is over. But where and when it will be we will be there.

Highntight247
02/08/2004, 08:42 PM
Great swap, thanks to everyone for the great welcome! We had a great time, too bad we had to leave early for the 2 hour drive home, it was well worth the trip!

Thank you to everyone I bought frags from, they look great in my tank!!

Highntight247
02/08/2004, 08:43 PM
V-10 and I look forward to the next meet..

bob124578
02/08/2004, 08:59 PM
I am SO sorry for making everyone wait. Please accept my apology.

When we first got there we were overwhelmed and I truely thought 3PM would be the middle of the event.

On the long drive home it occured to me that some of you may have been waiting just for my stuff. I don't think I offered a single sorry -- but not because I'm rude -- I was caught up in the moment there.

And I don't blame anyone for not waiting. Thanks to those of you who did -- I hope you think it was worth the wait!

I want to thanks everyone who gave me frag as well. I foolishly thought they looked small but that is because I have no experience with corals. Everything I got is AWESOME and looks great in the tank! Special Thanks to Tag and Jonddk -- GREAT STUFF! The Green Leather is so cool.

Thank you -- and Sorry again!

Totlxtc
02/08/2004, 09:19 PM
I agree, this was a great Frag Swap, especially since it was my first. :) I had a blast and was nice to see some faces to the names. Hope to see some of you again at the Pittsburgh swap.

CherryCat
02/08/2004, 10:15 PM
Tagamet
tag,

i apologize, but i completely forgot to get the stars from you!! :(

sorry!!
jc

ps- i hope the foot isn't too bad ...

Bill King
02/08/2004, 10:50 PM
Altoona crew is home safe. Thanks everyone. Job well done!
Yellowtruck....you won a door prize....a xenia I donated....I'll make sure you get another one. Just let me know.
Bill

Ocean Image
02/08/2004, 11:09 PM
I had a great day. You North Central guys are hard core!! Amazing job....the website, the thread, the food, the beer, the people, the coral. It was like frag heaven. Thank you and I hope to see many of you again.

Chris

GarSrtn
02/08/2004, 11:16 PM
Very awesome swap. Many thanks to those who bought my stuff, and brought in frags, snails, etc. for me.

A special thanks to Rob of East Coast Clams, zooqi, godlyme, and nixnutz for helping me surprise my wife. She is very happy with her Valentine's rose. Thank you.

ByTor. Wow, and thank you.

reefguyinpa
02/08/2004, 11:40 PM
How do I say this?
Thank You
Thank You
Thank You!!!
You guys know how to get it done!!
Thaks for lettin me attend!!
Jim

Fizz71
02/09/2004, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by Bill King
Yellowtruck....you won a door prize....a xenia I donated....I'll make sure you get another one. Just let me know.
Bill

And thanks for leaving early Yellowtruck..I think your xenia is in my tank..next to his cousins. :)

Thanks for a great swap everybody..and great food too even though my whimpy tastbuds could only handle 5 of Bytors wings.

For anybody that's interested I distributed 87 badges and saw atleast 3 people not wearing any so I'd say our final count came to about 90+ people.

Happy glueing everybody. :)

--Fizz

Python73
02/09/2004, 12:26 AM
Great swap guys. I especially like the orgainization, starting with the website through the name tags and the designated spots. Food was excellent, raffle was nicely done, door prizes were fun.

I'd give you a 10 out of ten but I DID spend 9 frigging hours on the road because you live in the boonies, and I had to eat dinner in the BF Diner with Bubba the trucker, so 9.5. :)

S !

sixpackrt
02/09/2004, 12:36 AM
lol only took me 45 min's to get home im only 75 miles away
i came home had dinner on the table waiting for me
my girlfriends son enjoyed himself he couldnt wait to get home and tell his mom what sanjay gave him these are my corals
again thanks sanjay and every one else i got corals off of

Ron

zooqi
02/09/2004, 04:05 AM
Thanks to Fizz, Nixnutz, Bytor for the super nice frag market :D . Thanks to those who drove all the way to make this the best meeting I have attended ever. Thanks also to Fred who helped (crack) drill the tank. I guess we found out which way is the best and hammer is not the best way. Nixnutz drill bits were the best and faster and a tape inside the tank would''ve made it better cut. I really don't know what to say about the whole thing except it was a super nice meeting and I enjoyed it big time and nice to meet everybody else. Sorry time went by fast and did not get a chance to talk to everybody longer but more swaps to come. I also would like to thank those who donated some $ to the fire company and those who bought the tickets to the raffle. With your support we will be working on more for the club. Now I gotta go and setup a tank to put my corals away :D

Mal3
02/09/2004, 04:55 AM
WOW!!!!!!
That's all I have to say is Wow!!!! Great job guys, Rahn, Tim everyone that was involved in setting this thing up and getting it together. And just think, it can only get bigger and better from here. Thanks again guys, I'm still acclimating all my stuff. It's hard to believe it's over already but I look forward to the next one.

Jon
_________

Ditto. What a great swap. Thanks to Fizz, Bytor (Lisa)sssssss, Rahn, and everyone else. First class job. cially the cook. If you guys did not have any of the soup, you were really missing out.

Can't wait until the next one.

Great Job Every AND THANKS

zooqi
02/09/2004, 05:19 AM
Soup,, I guess I missed that .....Food was great and thanks to those who brought them and helped setting up and cleaning. It is nice that members do that and that is another credit to our team. Great group and as Sanjay said " We got good people here"
I was going to have some more stuff for the raffle and went to get them from the store but I forgot that today was Sunday and they open late. Fred (tank cracker :D that is the first time that a tank cracks for him with this methods, I've seen him drill a tank like that and he said that he will try to do it at the meeting. Maybee he was using my junk drill and not the one he has at home and it was kinda shaky but after all he drilled two other holes ) I went to a store to buy stuff but they were close. Later I talked to the guy who was going to open the store and he told me that he did not bring his keys and they had to open at 12:30 pm instead of 11:00 and could not wait untill then to leave.

zooqi
02/09/2004, 05:21 AM
yellowtruck75: I got something for you that you won for the door prize and you did not pick it up. Thanks for your donation to the high school.

Rick Maley
02/09/2004, 06:29 AM
Thanks for a great swap meet , sorry I couldn't have stayed longer. RickM

nancysnuwave
02/09/2004, 07:12 AM
Great swap guys, I love all the frags I got from everyone

Yup. Me too!

Great organization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

holeinone1972
02/09/2004, 08:55 AM
Thanks everyone for your support, and a special thanks to those who went above and beyond with many hours of extra effort.

Great time, great swap.

Rob
ECC

godlyme
02/09/2004, 10:51 AM
python you are hilarious

"I'd give you a 10 out of ten but I DID spend 9 frigging hours on the road because you live in the boonies, and I had to eat dinner in the BF Diner with Bubba the trucker, so 9.5. "

thank you everyone for the frags!!! AND very special thanx to garsrtn's VERY HELPFULL daughter for helping me shop for my corals :D it was nice seeing everyone.. someone really hooked me up with a cool zoo rock...i was shocked this mournin :D

Fizz71
02/09/2004, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by godlyme
someone really hooked me up with a cool zoo rock...i was shocked this mournin :D

Did you win one of the raffle zoos? They looked like some nice colonies. I finnaly got everything in yesterday just in time for the lights to go out. :( The only thing that's open so far is the half of the huge colony of yellow polyps.

--Fizz

godlyme
02/09/2004, 11:56 AM
actually no i didnt win any of the raffle zoos =(

i did get so many zoos from people im not sure who gave me this one (especially since chris's daughter ran around and bought stuff for me....
it has alot of bright ornage and cool green zoos on the frag rock.. who ever did give me this one was very generous its beautiful =)

JonK
02/09/2004, 01:33 PM
bob124578: Glad you like the Green Leather. It's a fast grower so you will be making frags in no time.

I've written everything down while I was putting it in the tank and I'm still in shock at how much stuff I got yesterday. Everything is beautiful and doing great. I still need to glue the SPS frags I got and sew down a few leathers. Thanks again to everyone who I received frags from and I hope the frags I gave out are doing well.

Jon

Sanjay
02/09/2004, 03:04 PM
Great meeting everyone. Thanks to all who did a wonderful job organizing it.

Lets make the next one even bigger !!!

sanjay.

yellowtruck75
02/09/2004, 03:09 PM
Where do you get those small tube like bags for SPS frags?

Corals and More
02/09/2004, 03:18 PM

I was wondering the same thing

Kelly

V-10Power
02/09/2004, 05:32 PM
I would like to thank EVERYONE who attended the swap meet.

Bytor, Nix, Rahn, Zooqi, Fizz, you guys did a great job from concept to clean-up.

Many thanks to all the traders/sellers who provided me with many, great fairly priced frags.

I intend to take good care of them and hopefully grow them out so that I may be able to share them with others at the next meet.

I'm sure my friend who was unwilling to make the trip (2 1/2 hours) will kick himself when he sees all the nice stuff I got.

I hope I will see all of you and more at the next meeting!

Thanks SO MUCH!

Kirk & Pilgrim :smokin:

Sanjay
02/09/2004, 06:14 PM

I got them here:
http://www.associatedbag.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=AssociatedBagCatalog&class=BGC&parent=BGC%5F1111%5FBL36&category%5Fname=OBL106&product%5Fid=28%2D5%2D515++++++++++++++++++++++

sanjay.

Mona NJ
02/09/2004, 11:35 PM
I just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone! It was the first swap I have been too, and I was really impressed with everything. It was more than worth the 4hr drive.I bought so many things for my tank, it really looks AWESOME! I honestly would have like to stay later than I did,I apologize for being in such a rush (husbands nieces baby shower in Atlantic City NJ) missed that. I'm in the dog house now.......

I did manage to keep the $$$ amount from my husband (sshhh)thanks for the help.;)lol but since he made the drive, I had to part with about 6 frags for his tank........and the huge mushroom....

thank you to everyone I bought frags/corals from.

Special thank you to Fizz/Kevin for the styrofoam container and for your help.

Special thank you to Nixnutz/Rahn for the welcome directions and the .........better than Mapquest!!!!
Special thank you to Terry for helping us out:)

Tagamet/Bob124578 sorry I had to leave so early

Mona in NJ
aka Kensington 83

bmkindig
02/10/2004, 12:07 AM
hey guys
i got the next swap see my thread
brad

tnyr5
02/10/2004, 06:08 PM
my thanks to holeinone for the green seriatopora it's gorgeous. :-)

holeinone1972
02/10/2004, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by tnyr5
my thanks to holeinone for the green seriatopora it's gorgeous. :-)

Gladly. I have about 10 people already on a waiting list.
Rob

tnyr5
02/10/2004, 09:35 PM
hehe kool,
i have a beautiful coral coming in that might be available for fragging if it does well. A green encrusting monti with blue polyps

Tagamet
02/10/2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by tnyr5
hehe kool,
i have a beautiful coral coming in that might be available for fragging if it does well. A green encrusting monti with blue polyps

Please put me on the waiting list, tnyr5.
Thanks,
Tagamet

PS I see Mt. Carmel. I was raised in Ashland, and now live a half hour north of Penn State.

mind3d
02/10/2004, 10:38 PM
what an awesome frag fest. the organization was first rate. you guys deserve alot of credit for pulling this off. nixnutz, bytor, fizz, zooqi... i tip my hat. thanx. got some great lookin frags too :)

Mal3
02/12/2004, 10:56 PM
I think it is a good idea if everyone checks this out. Brad is wanting to organize another swap.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2409850#post2409850

JonK
02/14/2004, 07:27 AM
Hey guys,

I know I gave out a few frags of red star polyps. The colony on my main rockwork that wasn't involved in being fragged and the two small pieces of rock that were left from fragging spawned yesterday. Last year on 1/28/03 they spawned so it took a little over a year for it to happen again. I was just curious if any of you noticed if any of the frags happened to spawn as well. Thanks!!

Jon

Mal3
02/15/2004, 02:18 AM
Jon,

What do you mean by spawned? I thought that is what the fish do!

Mal3
02/15/2004, 02:22 AM
Hi everyone.

We had a great swap. I brought someone with me that was there for the first time. He had some good suggestions and feedback for us. You can all read it for yourself.

"My suggestions for the next swap meet are to have the traders stand behind the tables with the corals available for sale infront of them on the table. More like a yardsale setup. Also toward the end of the day, maybe the host could anounce what individuals have for sale to encourage the sale or trade. Finally, I don't think it is unreasonable to charge a cover charge of say, $5 to cover the expenses of food, beer, and hall. I would have had no problem or argument paying something small like that. That takes the burden off the host. It definitly was a cool day and I look forward to the next one. "

JonK
02/15/2004, 06:46 AM
Jon,

What do you mean by spawned? I thought that is what the fish do!

Mal,

I guess its pretty much the same thing, corals will release sperm and eggs. They use cues from the environment and release at the same time. It seems the red star polyps I have are female as it releases eggs. This is the only coral in my tank that I have ever noticed doing this. Check out this link...this guy got video of his montipora cap spawning...it's pretty neat.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=317863

Jon

Fizz71
02/15/2004, 12:11 PM
Hi everyone.

We had a great swap. I brought someone with me that was there for the first time. He had some good suggestions and feedback for us. You can all read it for yourself.

"My suggestions for the next swap meet are to have the traders stand behind the tables with the corals available for sale infront of them on the table. More like a yardsale setup. Also toward the end of the day, maybe the host could anounce what individuals have for sale to encourage the sale or trade. Finally, I don't think it is unreasonable to charge a cover charge of say, $5 to cover the expenses of food, beer, and hall. I would have had no problem or argument paying something small like that. That takes the burden off the host. It definitly was a cool day and I look forward to the next one. "

I doubt anybody would mind paying $5 at the door..accept maybe the PLCB...It's illegal to charge money at the door of an event and serve free alcohol (unless the place has a liquor license). :) Been there..done that...PLCB closed down a party I was at..even though all the money was going to a kids charity..they took it ALL.

Anyway..the table idea is definetely a good one. We'll have to see who sets up the next one.

--Fizz

Tagamet
02/15/2004, 01:27 PM
I hung my "Tagamet" place marker on the wall near my computer, as a reminder of a great swap, and all your efforts.
Thanks again,
Tagamet

JonK
02/15/2004, 01:29 PM
Hey Tag,

How is that mini carpet doing for you?

Jon

Tagamet
02/15/2004, 01:37 PM
Hey Tag,
How is that mini carpet doing for you?
Jon

Thanks for asking, but I'll let you know, if and when I can find it. I know where I PUT it, I just don't know where it IS. I'm sure it's fine and just found a place that it's comfy. I have a LOT of stuff in that 8 foot long tank, and he's just a little fellow, so it's too worrisome.
Tagamet.

JonK
02/15/2004, 02:44 PM
I was afraid it was going to take a walk on you. The funny thing with mine is the 2 I put in my refuge to feed more didn't split. The one that was in the main tank split two times already and I don't feed it. Now I put the other 2 back in the main tank and they both split. Maybe the trick is not feeding them. Let me know if it turns up. At least that toadstool can't walk away.

Jon

Tagamet
02/15/2004, 02:51 PM
The funny thing with mine is the 2 I put in my refuge to feed more didn't split. The one that was in the main tank split two times already and I don't feed it. Now I put the other 2 back in the main tank and they both split. Maybe the trick is not feeding them....
Jon

One theory is that they can split when they are stressed, too. Kinda a survival tactic. At least that would fit the no feeding=split pattern. I'm definitely ignorant when it comes to anemones, and have never bought one, unless they came with a system "package". I just got this mini one more like a ricordea than an anemone. Time will tell, I guess.
Thanks,
Tagamet

Fizz71
02/15/2004, 05:25 PM
I hung my "Tagamet" place marker on the wall near my computer, as a reminder of a great swap, and all your efforts.
Thanks again,
Tagamet

:)

You're welcome...and your yellow polyps are doing great..the mushroom is coming along too, but not much to see yet.

So far the only thing that didn't survive the swap was a zoo colony that came detached and disappeared. I put some photos up in a new thread.

--Fizz

Tagamet
02/15/2004, 05:33 PM
:)
You're welcome...and your yellow polyps are doing great..the mushroom is coming along too, but not much to see yet....
--Fizz

Sounds good. If it's any consolation, the single orange 'shroom I kept is exactly the size of yours. They'll be ok.
Tagamet

Python73
02/15/2004, 06:35 PM
Seriously guys... 57 pages? Start a new thread. Or several. Either way, I'm done with this leviathan.

Peace out.

S !

Tagamet
02/15/2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Python73
Seriously guys... 57 pages? Start a new thread. Or several. Either way, I'm done with this leviathan.
Peace out.
S !

LOL, typical ADHD Pittsburgher. We NCPARS'ers can only keep one thread straight at a time (g).

Tagamet

JonK
02/15/2004, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Python73

Peace out.

S !

The blasto I got from you is doing great!!! It loves cyclop eeze.
We are going to keep dragging you back in here.

Jon

Mal3
03/04/2004, 07:44 AM
Hi Everyone.

The new frag site is up and ready for your information for the next swap on May 15. Post your information to

http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars/default.asp

We are up to 26 attedees already!

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=315930&perpage=25&pagenumber=4

and

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=321898

Tagamet
03/04/2004, 08:25 AM
Hi Everyone.

The new frag site is up and ready for your information for the next swap on May 15.

What swap?
TOF

bmkindig
03/04/2004, 07:04 PM
hey tag,
even with the frag site will you remember what frags to bring.maybe you won't reconize the lock haven corals i'll be trying sell...... or will you be able to read the map??

brad

Tagamet
03/04/2004, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by bmkindig
hey tag,
even with the frag site will you remember what frags to bring.maybe you won't reconize the lock haven corals i'll be trying sell...... or will you be able to read the map??
brad

You'll be sorry when you've convinced me not to attend.
Tagamet

71goalie
03/05/2004, 01:05 AM
i see you updated your current tank to list my wife's 46 bowfront!!! :D