PDA

View Full Version : North Central PA Aquarium Reef Society Feb. Meeting Date and Frag List

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6

nixnutz
12/14/2003, 08:01 PM
Who complained??

Why post a big can of spam when that wasn't even remotely his/our intent?

Private message? If you're certain that your actions were appropriate, why did it have to be a "private" message? Post your reasons as proudly and as publicly as you posted that spam can!!!

If you would have taken the amount of time it took you to create that picture, and looked at our club forum/web-site, you might have noticed that our goals and our projects are quite noble. They in no way threaten the interests of your "comercial" friends. We are a club which is committed to education of children through club sponsored projects and the conservation of the reefs, by responsible hobbyist's propogation (which is the purpose of the swap!). I submit that your actions were innappropriate and deserve to be reported....and that's what I'm going to do, and I'm not afraid to post it where everyone can see it, without obnoxious and insulting pictures.

Rahn A. Richards (full name)
Proud American who is also considerate!

DgenR8
12/14/2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by nixnutz
Who complained??

A member of one of the spammed club forums. When a post is reported, it is not my practice (or any of the staff here) to give up the identity of the reporter.

Why post a big can of spam when that wasn't even remotely his/our intent?

Intent or not, it was spamming of club forums, and is not permitted.

Private message? If you're certain that your actions were appropriate, why did it have to be a "private" message? Post your reasons as proudly and as publicly as you posted that spam can!!!

Because unless I'm called out in public, I prefer to keep private things private. Would you prefer I use this image?
http://ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/spam1.jpg

If you would have taken the amount of time it took you to create that picture, and looked at our club forum/web-site, you might have noticed that our goals and our projects are quite noble.

Search the 'Net, these images are readily available. I didn't spend ANY time creating the image

They in no way threaten the interests of your "comercial" friends. We are a club which is committed to education of children through club sponsored projects and the conservation of the reefs, by responsible hobbyist's propogation (which is the purpose of the swap!).

That's all well and good, keep in mind that your club occupies free space here, and the only thing asked in return is that you obey the rules of this BB

I submit that your actions were innappropriate and deserve to be reported....and that's what I'm going to do, and I'm not afraid to post it where everyone can see it, without obnoxious and insulting pictures.

That's fine, like I said, if you have a problem with the job I do here, or the rules I enforce, take it up with the Administrators of the site.

Rahn A. Richards (full name)
Proud American who is also considerate!

nixnutz
12/14/2003, 08:38 PM
But I'm sure you'll all stick together, so I'm probably wasting my time. Nice to see you're such a clever user of the web. Is this how you spend your time? Stick with the anonymous complaint thing....we know what happened. RULES??? You flamed our entire club and now you're gonna hide behind the rules and your mod title!!!! I hope all your friends think you're really cool 'cause you zapped somebody. The only reason for putting up such graphics is your own personal gain and reputation/notoriety.
I don't think that's why you're supposed to be furthering as a mod.

Rahn

Anemone
12/14/2003, 08:44 PM
If they want to cry about sponsors, what about the "contributing members" in our club? Don't they count as "sponsors"?

No, they don't.

Edit** Sorry, when I wrote the above, I assumed the reference was to members who had contributed to your club, not "Contributing Members" of RC. It has since been pointed out to me what the actual meaning was. Mea culpa

Were their wishes considered when this mod decided the posts were SPAM? Screw him! And if he reads this post and decides I need to be banned for awhile, I'll just go over to RAG where people treat people right.

No, they weren't. Simply put, we have a rule that posting the same message to more than one forum equals spam. When the posts are items for sale (or trade), it becomes commercial spam, and that is anathema to us. Sure, it has something to do with the sponsors who pay for this site, but if it was all about the sponsors, we wouldn't allow you to post these types of things in your club areas, nor would we have the sale and trading forums.

What we do fight against (very, very often) is people starting home businesses and using RC's resources to reach people. Because of this we've had to limit group buys to local only (several people basically began their own businesses offering nationwide "group buys"), and only within the club forums. Because of this we have to continually remove commercial posts from people who "are just hobbyists," but have web sites that take paypal, credit cards, have shopping carts, etc to sell their "hobby." Sorry, at some point we have to draw a line.

We don't cruise the club forums looking for violations. We do respond to complaints.

As far as "screw him," we don't allow you to say that to/about another member, and we (I) won't allow you to say it about a moderator. Maybe DGenR8 feels uncomfortable taking action because it's his performance that has been called into question. I, however, have no problem taking action. Keep the insults and inuendo to yourself.

DGenR8 tried to handle this via PMS, but you chose to bring it here. Discuss the issues all you want, but any further discussion of individuals will result in action being taken.

We have rules we enforce, whether they concern spam or insulting another member. Please try and abide by the rules, or find another board to post on.

Now I wonder if he acted as an individual or if there was a complaint. I'd be willing to bet there was no complaint and he just decided he didn't like it. Sounds like he acted as judge and jury to me.

You'd lose your bet. Again, you are making an inflammatory statement. As far as acting as "judge and jury," that's what the mods are supposed to do.

Again, if you have questions/complaints about how anything is handled, feel free to PM either the involved moderator or JohnL (site owner).

FWIW,
Kevin

Mal3
12/14/2003, 08:49 PM
Larry,

I did not mean to create a problem here.

The reason that I posted the PM is because I am sure others were under the same understanding that I am. I posted our message so as to not misquote you and to inform everyone of what you said is not ok.

What I did was not intended to harm anyone. If RC says we cannot do what I did, then I will not do it. But no one knows it and I did not want others to have a problem. If it is a rule than it is a rule for everyone, right?

I do not want to start a riot. Lets just forget it and go back to having fun. I have enough stress at work and I do not need it here.

I am sorry for the mess.

yellowtruck75
12/14/2003, 08:51 PM
alright lets get off of this and get back to the subject at hand, our meeting and hahahahahha I think it sfunny buit ridiculous

nixnutz
12/14/2003, 08:57 PM
I am real familiar with the tactic of call in your friends for a "friendly witness". I know when the chips are stacked.

Anemone-Do you honestly think the second post on this page was a professional response from a "Law Enforcement" individual? It's flaming and so was the SPAM can. No one here has offered anything commercially.

"What we do fight against (very, very often) is people starting home businesses and using RC's resources to reach people. Because of this we've had to limit group buys to local only (several people basically began their own businesses offering nationwide "group buys"), and only within the club forums. Because of this we have to continually remove commercial posts from people who "are just hobbyists," but have web sites that take paypal, credit cards, have shopping carts, etc to sell their "hobby." Sorry, at some point we have to draw a line."

Tell me where this happened????

See my post here...

http://205.214.82.39/forums/showthread.php?threadid=283935

It's over.

Rahn

CherryCat
12/14/2003, 08:59 PM
well, fizz's site's still down ... :(

jc

ps- this latest bit has been rather entertaining. imagine that, punishment for sharing an event that supports ... oops!! i almost forgot we were moving on ...

nixnutz
12/14/2003, 09:08 PM
CherryCat- LOL I'm going through withdrawal here (need a site fix)...so I'm a little testy.... :mad: Sorry to have sidetracked the whole thing... They win. :D I agree, let's move on.

Fizz-what if we put the site on another server and re-direct from your server to the new one. I have web space for my business and would be willing to offer as the re-direct location. You've done a great job with the site, but if it keeps going down like this, it could be a problem. Especially if it happens right before the swap. LMK.

Everyone else....I apologize for going off. Mal you did NOTHING wrong.

Rahn

yellowtruck75
12/14/2003, 09:18 PM
Nixnutz
I thought it was great to see that little arguement and I have to say I agree with you 100% and lets move on and get more and more excited for this meeting.

nixnutz
12/14/2003, 09:26 PM
I don't know if I can get any more excited!! Well....:rolleye1: I guess I could.

FWIW...those of you who signed up for my Yumas and haven't been "accepted", I fragged the rock and as soon as I can get on the site, I'll adjust it to reflect what I was able to frag....good news for some I guess. :D

C'mon Feb. 8th!!!

Rahn

Tagamet
12/14/2003, 09:59 PM
Jeepers, I get shut out of RC for the day and miss all the fun (lol). It's probably Divine Intervention that I DID miss it (g).
Let's stay focussed on the fun stuff (and avoid getting banned from RC).
Mille, did you see my questions about liquid Nails? My email is "down" so I need to recheck every thread.
Tagamet

nixnutz
12/14/2003, 10:53 PM
Is RC working for you now? There is a suggestion to use "edit options" and select "no" for anything with cookies in your RC profile. Mods said it would be fixed within 24-48 hours.

Rahn

ByTor
12/14/2003, 11:07 PM
SPAM huh??? interesting... Well I guess no cool frags for them........

nixnutz
12/14/2003, 11:12 PM
Hey Tim!

Weren't you a mod at one time?? (Not dredging, just a question.)

Rahn

ByTor
12/14/2003, 11:28 PM
yeah, for a short time on the newbie forum.Long story/short...
"THEY" said I didn't reply enough. Why should I reply to a post the was well answered already. Didn't make much sense to me???

zooqi
12/14/2003, 11:56 PM
hah,, what about this..? :D
Originally posted by 71goalie
any chance you can change your avatar back to your kid??? he was much better to look at!!!! :D :D :D

71goalie
12/14/2003, 11:58 PM
looks GREAT!!!!! :)

thought you missed my comment :D

still looking forward to the meeting!!!

71goalie
12/14/2003, 11:59 PM
we should probably get an email list of all our friends from RC incase our club gets banned, judging from the past few posts!! :)

just kidding - but I saved Fizz's site in my favorites just incase.

bmkindig
12/15/2003, 12:02 AM
hey mo
nice to see your back much nicer pic,but this is from someone thats picture challenged.so i'll shut my mouth now.

zooqi
12/15/2003, 12:26 AM
Brad :)
I'm going through this and it took me 15 minutes to ready what I have missed. It looks like we have some new reefers joining us for the meeting.
Bytor: I guess I have to start posting more or I will get kicked out of NCPARS.

I really miss chating with you guys but I will try to get myself together and get online more often.

beerman0831
12/15/2003, 01:48 AM
1:46am Fizz`s site is back up.

sixpackrt
12/15/2003, 02:09 AM
its not working for me

Ron

millisec
12/15/2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by beerman0831
1:46am Fizz`s site is back up.

:lol: and back down just about as quick.

sixpackrt
12/15/2003, 02:57 AM
site is back up

Fizz71
12/15/2003, 09:34 AM
Man..I take a 4 day break and all hell breaks loose. It took so long to read this thread I got logged out before I was done. :)

And to answer some questions:
No I'm not too proud to take "thank you" frags..somebody mentioned that....but it's certainly not why I did it. Last meeting I missed out BIG TIME because I didn't follow the thread and make requests since I didn't have anything to trade....So don't anybody think this is a selfless noble act. :)

But anything is welcome, provided I don't already have it. I'm still not going too nuts on SPSs yet though...I want to upgrade my lighting first.

As for moving the site. The advantage of where the site is now, is that I back it up almost daily, and I have instant FTP access to update a file if I need to. I told Rahn in a PM that it's odd, but for some reason even when my site is "down" I can still FTP to it so I don't have too much fear of not having the site available for the meeting. If worse comes to worse I'll bring my laptop, which is a server, and let folks use it. I might just bring it anyway..I just have to be careful since it's company property.

If there is an overall consensus here that the site occasionally being down is causing the shakes from withdrawl to certain members (and you know who your are) and is a general hassle to all I have no problems moving it. I just lose the ability to update quickly unless I have FTP access to it. And also note that it is an ASP site, so it needs to be on an IIS box.

It makes no difference to me...I only benefit from my own use of the site like the rest of you.

--Fizz

Fizz71
12/15/2003, 01:50 PM
BTW...

I added a "Common Trades" section on the bottom of the "My Trades" page. This makes it easier to see items that were promised to you from people you've promised items to. This way you can see what you have to actually "Trade" and not just buy. I also threw page breaks in there..if you print it out in landscape it should make a nice hard copy.

I also added some links on the "Summary" page.

If you folks find yourselves repeating things that could be done easier with different views..please let me know. The Common Trades and Sort By Date features I added were both things that kept irritating me until I eventually coded the change.

--Fizz
NCPARS Frag Meeting (http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars)

nixnutz
12/15/2003, 01:54 PM
:thumbsup: once again...well done! I noticed the changes this morning and thought "he's reading my mind"... :D

Rahn

Tagamet
12/15/2003, 02:07 PM
I noticed the changes this morning and thought "he's reading my mind"... :D ....
Rahn

Talk about fine print! (jk)
Tagamet

Fizz71
12/15/2003, 02:47 PM
If you saw it this morning..you saw it with the bug in it. :) I fixed the bug before I posted the change...but lets just say..if you were millisec..the bug would have confused the heck out of you.

--Fizz

Fizz71
12/15/2003, 03:33 PM
You know...it just dawned on me that there are a whole bunch of people coming to the meeting, but the web site really doesn't give an actual head count. So I added 2 fields to everybody's profile for number of adults and number of children so we can count spouses and rug rats in our total. Hopefully this helps Bytor and others on food amounts.

I defaulted everybody as "1 adult, 0 Children" so if that is true you don't have to change anything in your profile. But if a spouse or child is coming, do us a favor and update it when you get some free time.

And as a pre-emptive answer to the obvious question...At what age do you consider them an "adult"? I guess I'll say for the purpose of this count..if they eat like an adult, then they're an adult. :) And NO..that doesn't mean us big guys should put down 2 adults. :)

You can see the results on the summary page and the profiles page.

--Fizz

Tagamet
12/15/2003, 05:09 PM
Boy, Fizz,
I could have a heck of a good time with this one, but I think I'll try to restrain myself....
Tagamet

millisec
12/15/2003, 05:21 PM
Thanks Fizz... you read my mind. The one thing I had wanted to mention was a per person packing list. The common trade thing does the job. Thanks...

Tagamet
12/15/2003, 05:25 PM
Anyone know why the time listed as the time of each post is coming up 5 hours later than my wrist watch? (and no, my watch isn't 5 hours slow).
Tagamet

Tagamet
12/15/2003, 06:12 PM
Sheesh, I just came back from supper and the time is now adjusted to the correct time. Honest!
Med check time....
Tagamet

ByTor
12/15/2003, 10:04 PM
Tag, time warp meds??? sounds like fun:) you sharing???

Hey Fizz, once again nice work!!! yes it will help greatly!

bmkindig
12/15/2003, 10:05 PM
bmk5373

Tagamet
12/15/2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by ByTor
Tag, time warp meds??? sounds like fun:) you sharing???

Bytor,
Back in the '60's I'd have been able to help you out :cool:

Heck, watching corals grow has about the same effect.

Tagamet

nixnutz
12/15/2003, 10:54 PM
originally posted by tag on swap site

El Cheap-O Brand aquarium stand. Like new, but made of particle board. Beautiful plastic glued on Mahogany veneer! Geniuine artificial Brass handle and hinges! It'd be great for a freshwater tank, but I don't know that I'd trust it full of LR and saltwater. 36 5/8" long, 12 1/2" front to back, 28" tall. Don't let this baby get away!

OMG!!! I gotta have this! I'll give you two pure white sps with invisible polyps and a mated pair of aptasia. If that's not enough, let me know, 'cause I might be able to throw in some ich... ;)

Dude that's too funny.

Rahn

Tagamet
12/15/2003, 11:06 PM
originally posted by tag on swap site

El Cheap-O Brand aquarium stand. Like new, but made of particle board. Beautiful plastic glued on Mahogany veneer! Geniuine artificial Brass handle and hinges! It'd be great for a freshwater tank, but I don't know that I'd trust it full of LR and saltwater. 36 5/8" long, 12 1/2" front to back, 28" tall. Don't let this baby get away!

OMG!!! I gotta have this! I'll give you two pure white sps with invisible polyps and a mated pair of aptasia. If that's not enough, let me know, 'cause I might be able to throw in some ich... ;)
Dude that's too funny.
Rahn

Sorry, Nix, but other than the ich, I already have what you're offering. Boy, just because I post an honest description of the stand, I get mockery! (lol).
Nix, since you're obviously going to miss out on the stand deal, I might give you first dibs on the king sized water bed I have that only has a tiny leak. Think about it - a 200 gallon steady drip for kalk! Well, actually, after last night, I think it's down to about 150 gallons (and counting).
Tagamet
PS The ad for the stand (although slightly humorous) is for real. The waterbed is now empty and replaced by a "traditional" bed. Two nights ago I was sitting in "my" room with the fish and hear "drip, drip, drip". Turns out it was the waterbed trying to join me - leaking through "my room's" ceiling. NOT a good night.

nixnutz
12/15/2003, 11:25 PM
Tag,

You may be onto something there. Initial setup would be a PITA, but Kalk would last forever...well almost.

Seriously, that s*cks about the waterbed...sorry to hear it. As far as the stand, it is quite noble of you to post such a description. (the humor was the visual I got of you formulating the description...it's so you) FWIW, it looks alot like the stand I have under my fuge. It's holding up 29 gallons, 30 pounds of sand and some macro algae right now. (pretty sturdy!!)

Rahn

millisec
12/15/2003, 11:31 PM
Enough chit chat ho's! Dig deep in those tanks and post some frags :lol:

Tagamet
12/15/2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by millisec
Enough chit chat ho's! Dig deep in those tanks and post some frags :lol:

Nix: I guess a "visual" of me would be pretty humorous (g). Oh, BTW, I hear that instead of chili, you're serving SPAM? (evil laugh)

Mille: I'm TRYING to earn some money to spend at the SWAP!
Wanna buy a nice sturdy stand?

Tagamet

millisec
12/15/2003, 11:52 PM
Hehehe... no thanks I'm trying to do w/o Tag. I don't know how I ever survived with my waterbed upstairs for 10 years with dogs, cats and kids. It was so patched up it looked like someone shot it with a shotgun. Gone to the great junkyard in the sky and I actually miss it on cold nights like tonight.

sixpackrt
12/15/2003, 11:55 PM
i got a king size with a canopy top with mirrors

Mal3
12/16/2003, 02:19 AM
Hay you guys,

HOW ABOUT THOSE EAGLES!!!!

(I just had to divert for a moment)

71goalie
12/16/2003, 02:08 PM
do we need "adult" sodas for the meeting?

millisec
12/16/2003, 02:18 PM
do we need "adult" sodas for the meeting?

:lol: But of course... or the proverbial question does a bear **** in the woods.

Tagamet
12/16/2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Mal3
Hay you guys,
HOW ABOUT THOSE EAGLES!!!!
(I just had to divert for a moment)

Darn good thing they started out the game by going deep! Especially with that overrated QB.
Tagamet

71goalie
12/16/2003, 02:33 PM
i'll atleast be contributing a case of yuengling...

Tagamet
12/16/2003, 02:38 PM
i'll atleast be contributing a case of yuengling...

If I get started right away, I could bring a case of Herpes.
Tagamet

71goalie
12/16/2003, 02:50 PM
???????

Are you drinking now!?!?!?!? :)

Tagamet
12/16/2003, 02:59 PM
???????

Are you drinking now!?!?!?!? :)

Actually, I have a tall cold diet Pepsi in hand right now.
Tagamet

nixnutz
12/16/2003, 03:59 PM
There will be a half barrel of Yuengling on-tap at the swap (I'm buying). Feel free to bring more if ya like. Also, our food list right now is 30-60 lbs of ByTor's wings and some Chilli Con Queso from Milli. If anyone wants to bring some food, that would be great. Fire me a PM or email so I can keep track of what we'll have.

Mal- Go eagles!!!....The only team in the NFL that can beat them is....THE EAGLES.. ;)

Rahn

CherryCat
12/16/2003, 04:06 PM
hey, tag ... how come rc is trying to tell me that it's 9:04pm??

Tagamet
12/16/2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by CherryCat
hey, tag ... how come rc is trying to tell me that it's 9:04pm??

I am posting this at 4:22 pm.
Tagamet

71goalie
12/16/2003, 04:29 PM
go to "My RC". Then go to options. You can select "time offset". select "-5 eastern USA...." i think this will fix the problem.

CherryCat
12/16/2003, 05:23 PM
guys,

i meant it as a joke.

my settings are correct, but rc is messed up ...

jc

Tagamet
12/16/2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by CherryCat
guys,
i meant it as a joke.
my settings are correct, but rc is messed up ...
jc

A lot of my clients say that.....

Tagamet

Snookie
12/16/2003, 06:27 PM
I volunteered to bring a case a while back. Will be glad to bring along a case of some microbrew or chip in on the Yuengling. :beer:

millisec
12/16/2003, 06:37 PM
Hey guys... sorry I had to pull the red metallic zoo's :( Thanks to the way they were shipped to me and nearly frozen quite a few were lost. If any survive you know who has them and maybe I can offer some up in the future. They are in intensive care right now and the prognosis is not good :mad2:

Tagamet
12/16/2003, 07:36 PM
Hey guys... sorry I had to pull the red metallic zoo's :( Thanks to the way they were shipped to me and nearly frozen quite a few were lost. If any survive you know who has them and maybe I can offer some up in the future. They are in intensive care right now and the prognosis is not good :mad2:

(Intensive Coral Care Unit). Sorry to hear about the poor critters. What does one do to care for ailing zoos?
Tagamet

millisec
12/16/2003, 08:18 PM
pray mostly :lol: iodine, moderate light and some black powder & plankton to hopefully stimulate them.

nixnutz
12/16/2003, 09:19 PM
Did anyone else notice this at the bottom of a recent post?

Last edited by DgenR8 on 12/16/2003 at 03:00 PM

I thought we were over this????

Rahn

Tagamet
12/16/2003, 09:20 PM
Did anyone else notice this at the bottom of a recent post?

Last edited by DgenR8 on 12/16/2003 at 03:00 PM

I thought we were over this????

Rahn

Just let it go.
Tagamet

nixnutz
12/16/2003, 09:28 PM
I did Tag.

Milli-That s***ks about those zos... as dissapointed as you are, I think I might just stick my head in the tank and end it all...:( (g) I'm sure you'll nurse 'em back to health in no time... ;) But the question is, in time for Feb??? Remind you to tell me about the zoos that I got in a recent swap...similar story.

Rahn

Tagamet
12/16/2003, 09:37 PM
mille,
Would they take cyclops-eeze?
Tagamet

millisec
12/16/2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Tagamet
mille,
Would they take cyclops-eeze?
Tagamet

Hmmm... don't know. Funny I was actually looking for some today to try out for other reasons and Hiddenreef did not have any.

Tagamet
12/16/2003, 09:47 PM
Hmmm... don't know. Funny I was actually looking for some today to try out for other reasons and Hiddenreef did not have any.

Give their 800 number a call tomorrow and they'll tell you where to get it locally. You're also within UPS ground one day shipping from them(cheap).HTH,
Tagamet

zooqi
12/17/2003, 02:15 AM
Loyalsock High school will have some frags of the corals that they got from the club that they will be trading too. I helped them and propagated some of them for them and have to check with the person taking care of the tank what they will have. The tank lost the cooling fan and hope we can put a fan on thier tank tomorrow and bring it back to where it was.

bmkindig
12/17/2003, 12:29 PM
hey mo
sorry to her about the fan where did it go? i'm glad there tank is doing well and that they can enjoy our trades.soon we will be able to start with another school project.yeah
later
brad

Fizz71
12/17/2003, 03:15 PM
I added a pair of cookies to the frag site so your username and password are now stored on your PC and sent to the site when you browse to it. No more frigging logins. You can now bookmark any page including the frags sorted by date page and now go right to it. Just don't bookmark the login screen..that one doesn't check the cookies.

If more than one user uses your machine on that site, let me know and I'll add a logout feature, but I figured nobody probably does that so I didn't waste the space. You can always bookmark the login page too since that circumvents the cookies or uncheck the checkbox on the login screen.

Enjoy.

--Fizz

Tagamet
12/17/2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Fizz71
I added a pair of cookies to the frag site so your username and password are now stored on your PC and sent to the site when you browse to it.
Enjoy.

--Fizz

I don't think there is any end to this guy's talents!
Tagamet

Fizz71
12/17/2003, 04:32 PM
That's right...keep kissing my *ss so I keep adding stuff...I know how you guys work. :)

--Fizz

Tagamet
12/17/2003, 04:35 PM
That's right...keep kissing my *ss so I keep adding stuff...I know how you guys work. :)
--Fizz

So much for praise as a "meaningful reinforcer"... (lol)

Tagamet

bmkindig
12/17/2003, 10:16 PM
hey fizz
who's kissing up oxoxoxo
but you 1 only have macro algae listed for trade lol
later
brad

Tagamet
12/17/2003, 10:43 PM
Hi Fizz,
Since tush kissing obviously doesn't float your boat (lol), there should be one of these ready for your tank by the time the swap rolls around if you want it:

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=18866&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

Tagamet

nixnutz
12/17/2003, 10:59 PM
Fragged 'em, did ya? I still haven't seen any like 'em. :thumbsup:

Rahn

Tagamet
12/17/2003, 11:17 PM
Fragged 'em, did ya? I still haven't seen any like 'em. :thumbsup:
Rahn

Thanks, Rahn. I haven't seen any like these either. I waited a few days after the fragging to see how they made out, but things are looking pretty good! When I posted their pic on RC initially, people flooded my PM box wanting frags. I'd rather try keeping them closer to home (read swap attendees).
Tagamet

Fizz71
12/18/2003, 08:31 AM
bmkindig - I only have one item listed to trade, but I have over a dozen things I'm buying. :) My tank is still a bit young to frag/trade. I've never cut anything on purpose EVER. I have some xenia splitting pretty well..2 different species--and my zoos are reproducing nicely, but when you start with only 4 zoos in a colony it's hard to decide when you have enough to frag! So right now I'm just letting everything grow.

Tagamet - Looks very sweet. I'd never say no to something I don't have, especially something I've never seen before. I've seen that photo before and I was wondering if you were ever going to frag them.

I guess I'll eventually reach the point where I'll start fragging stuff off...I'm just new to that whole concept so I'm a bit leary doing it..I'd never even CONSIDERED taking a knife to my tank when I had one going 7 or 8 years ago. I'm afraid I'll mess something up. The last frag swap was the first corals I put in this tank. Amazingly I didn't lose anything..accept the ones that detached at got lost somewhere.

--Fizz

Tagamet
12/18/2003, 09:43 AM

Tagamet - Looks very sweet. I'd never say no to something I don't have, especially something I've never seen before. I've seen that photo before and I was wondering if you were ever going to frag them.
I guess I'll eventually reach the point where I'll start fragging stuff off...I'm just new to that whole concept so I'm a bit leary doing it..I'd never even CONSIDERED taking a knife to my tank when I had one going 7 or 8 years ago. I'm afraid I'll mess something up. The last frag swap was the first corals I put in this tank. Amazingly I didn't lose anything..accept the ones that detached at got lost somewhere.
--Fizz

I, too, took years to get up the nerve to slice and dice a critter. Even then, when I sliced up a 'shroom on it's rock, it HEALED OVER NIGHT! I figured that that was a "sign" to quit messing with Mother Nature, so it was another year before I tried it again. "shrooms are great critters to start on, because they are so durable. I was just very reluctant with these, because I don't think that they are replaceable. Your baby is doing fine though.
Tagamet

bmkindig
12/18/2003, 11:20 AM
hey guys
fizz i was giving you a hard time i realize you probloy put a lot of time putting the website together!
i guess i'm just greedy when it comes to frags.i started with am established saltwater tank(i have 2 tanks now)allthough i've been reefing for 1.5 years now i just setup i'm 1st tank 5 months ago.
anyway the 1st tank had live rock in it,and i stopped at the pet store with my dad i saw i xenia bought it on the spot since i was taking over the house and the tank(they moved to fla.)then i did research on it.started adding cal........ thena sinle orange polyp startinged growing and bugs poppingup everywhere next thing i know i'm hooked.then i meet zooqi. and got some help.then at mo's may meeting my dad happen to be home for a funeraland he got hooked to, but he decided to take the rock my orange polyp was on so i was forced to frag(i had six polyps at this time.) so i'm not afraid to frag my stuff.since the 3 frag meetings i've been to have filled my tank nicely.guess thats y i have so much to offer.i figure if i have enough to made a frag then bye the next meeting i'll have another 1 to trade it saves $10 here $10 there as long as i still some left i know it'll grow!!!!!!!!!
later
brag

bmkindig
12/18/2003, 11:21 AM
oops brad

Tagamet
12/18/2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by bmkindig
oops brad

Freudian slip...
Tagamet

71goalie
12/18/2003, 11:51 AM
holly cow!!! brad, i didn't realize that was YOU!!! I'm pretty sure I first met you at That Fish Place. You were there with your family and you were talking to me about getting chemicals (additives) for your tank & you told me that your tank was originally your fathers. You were very friendly to me since my wife and I were truely newbies when I met you (I think the tank had just cycled and I was starting to stock it.) You were the one who convinced me to get a RO/DI unit. This really is a small world.

Fizz71
12/18/2003, 12:19 PM
I also like frags over buying because I can fit more variety in my tank. You pay $80 for some huge piece of rock with one type of zoo on it..what a waste. I'd rather get 10 different zoos and spread them out. And since they spread on their own, you won't feel so bad trimming them back if you need too since you didn't pay for them anyway.

Right now I have a cool Turbinaria that I don't know what to do with. He only opens up at night so I think my lighting is too much because he's up high..but I have no room at the bottom for a 4" diameter disk that is ceneter mounted. I almost killed my frog spawn trying to make room so far, and it's still not good.

Anyway...frag on people...I'll get there eventually. I may actually have some these two guys to frag by the meeting:

http://www.fizzhome.com/gallery/reef/photos/03_11_26/xenia.jpg

And the xenia in here:
http://www.fizzhome.com/gallery/reef/photos/03_11_26/frags2.jpg

...all of them pulse. The first one is already split to 4 (you can see the one was ready for it when I took the shot) and I expect it to be 8 or 9 by the swap. The second one has recently gotten huge and is ready to split in three. Who knows what they'll look like by february. The second one has awesome green coloring too, the photo doesn't do it justice.

But as you can..I don't really have a "colony" of anything to split yet. Oh well.

--Fizz

Fizz71
12/18/2003, 02:34 PM
It's up..buts it's INCREDIBLY slow and large pages are timing out. I had a friend of mine who also has a site with the same hosting company check his and his is slow too, so it's not the cookie thing messing it up. I complained...again...but by the time they get to the complaint it will probably be fine again and there's nothing I can do about that. I checked their live support through MSN messenger and SURPRISE...it's not logged in. :)

--Fizz

Fizz71
12/18/2003, 02:50 PM
BTW Sanjay...I want to get that last Sarcophyton frag off of you...but I can't get in to sign up for it. Once the site settles down I'll put the request in..but it's the last one so I'm putting myself in line on here...so don't anybody else mess with me! :)

--Fizz

Tagamet
12/18/2003, 03:05 PM
BTW Sanjay...I want to get that last Sarcophyton frag off of you...but I can't get in to sign up for it. Once the site settles down I'll put the request in..but it's the last one so I'm putting myself in line on here...so don't anybody else mess with me! :)
--Fizz

Sanjay is travelling and won't likely get the above message for quite some time. He emailed me last night to get in line for the orange/green hairy 'shroom and mentioned that he'd be away for a while (as in out of the country).
HTH
Tagamet

Fizz71
12/18/2003, 03:14 PM
Ok...well even though the site is down..I could still get to the database so I just put myself on the request list. :)

I put Sanjay down for your shrooms too...I retro'd his request for 8pm last night.

--Fizz

bmkindig
12/18/2003, 03:39 PM
hey tag yes it was an honest slip but it does look like it fit it that post
hey goalie, i was wondering if that was you i remember giving you my email and recomending r/c to you i don't remember if we wrote the info down or not thou,the reason i thought about it was from being from easton.i meet alot of reefers out and about like that but most i never hear from agian. and thats y i like this club it's the same group of people most of the time.
so did any info i gave you help?
hey fizz as for the turbinaria keep feeding it i feed mine twice/week and my orange 1's come out more frequently i think i got a bad batch of black 1's i've been trying to save them for like 3 months and there getting worse.if you don't have room for them thou i'll take them i was told they don't like alot of light but they do well anywhere in a reef tank,but i could have been lied to
later
brad

71goalie
12/18/2003, 03:49 PM
I would have & wanted to email you, but I forgot your address. I tried one version that I thought was correct, but it bounced back at me. I wasn't even sure this was the site you told me about.

the info you gave me allowed helped to clear up my hair algae problem. my tap water was the whole cause of my problem - too many phosphates.

Fizz71
12/18/2003, 03:58 PM
How do you feed them? I've been trying to target feed cyclop-eeze and brine shrimp, but the polyps retract the milisecond I start to spray from the turkey baster. And it's odd how they start to come out as soon as the last set of whites go off. By midnight they're fully extended. That's why I think it's lighting.

--Fizz

Tagamet
12/18/2003, 04:53 PM
How do you feed them? I've been trying to target feed cyclop-eeze and brine shrimp, but the polyps retract the milisecond I start to spray from the turkey baster. And it's odd how they start to come out as soon as the last set of whites go off. By midnight they're fully extended. That's why I think it's lighting.
--Fizz

So why not feed the tank the cyclops after the lights go out? Don't target feed, just feed the tank.
Tagamet

bmkindig
12/18/2003, 04:54 PM
hey goalie
well you got my name and address now. 1 day well get together and check out what we can steal from each other(lol)just don't miss this next meeting lots for good people and great prices on frags!!!!!!!!!!
hey fizz
i target feed with a baby medince shooter(looks like a needle)i use marine cusine and brine shrimp soak in kent micro-vert and water.i shoot some out at them them going to other things in the tank once they get the"smell"of the food they start opening up more then i feed them good.or you can just wait till the lights go off then feed them, they are nocturnal.trust me it's not the lighting.mine were that way when i got them.but the black 1's are harder to keep.which gets me going.
where did you get the cyclopzee i'm looking for the frozen stuff but can't find any i may try placing an order after xmas off that site that was recomended but $40 per pack seem like a lot.
later
brad

Tagamet
12/18/2003, 05:02 PM
........where did you get the cyclopzee i'm looking for the frozen stuff but can't find any i may try placing an order after xmas off that site that was recomended but $40 per pack seem like a lot.
later
brad

The $40 bag is HUGE, and a very good buy per ounce, but I'd recommend the 3 oz bars. A bar will cost more per ounce, but will last a LONG time. I'm woirried that the 1.6 pound bag will get freezer burn before I can possibly use it all.
JMO,
Tagamet

Tagamet
12/18/2003, 05:12 PM
The swap site is timing out before it can screen the entire page. There's an instruction for you to increase the timeout value, which would help us patient types.
Thanks,
Tagamet

bmkindig
12/18/2003, 06:34 PM
hey tag
does that mean you have some to sell?i heard it lasts a long time?

when will the site be up agian i'm lost haven't seen it up all day long going ttthhoougghh wwwiiiitthhddrrraaawww ggeeettttiiinnnnggggg wweeaaakkk!!!!!!
brad

bmkindig
12/18/2003, 06:35 PM
anyone else not getting emails about new posts?

Tagamet
12/18/2003, 06:39 PM
anyone else not getting emails about new posts?

I'm getting them.
Tagamet

nixnutz
12/18/2003, 09:18 PM
Just got home from the longest day of my life!!! Christmas shopping in Harrisburg....AHHHHHHHH!! The worst part is, all I could think was...."I wonder if anybody's posting anything new for the swap"....started shaking....couldn't focus.....Finally got home and had to go to the kids' christmas concert.....blurry vision...can't think....SPS...zos.... gottafrag....

Tag- Am I unwell???

Fizz-Those zos look familiar and very healthy...I'll take the xenia in the middle in the first pic :D As far as Sanjay's leather...I tried that (posting here 'cause the site was down) when he first posted it and all these frag mongors jumped on and grabbed it before I could :mad2: Fortunately he added more. In your case it's appears creating the site came in handy. If it happens again, can I email you to put me first? (kidding of course)

I agree with Tag on feeding the Turbinaria...feed them at night with the cyclops-eeze. I mix some up with tank water, let it melt and spread it around the water surface with a turkey baster. This might help perk up that frogspawn too. JMO...

Brad-I also agree with Tag on the quantity of cyclops-eeze. I bought two 3 oz bars back in October. I have yet to even put a dent in the first 3oz package. "A little goes a long way"

Tag-Great minds...yada, yada, yada... ;)

OK...I feel better now. I'm off to the swap site to see whasssup!

Rahn

Tagamet
12/18/2003, 09:33 PM
Just got home from the longest day of my life!!! Christmas shopping in Harrisburg....AHHHHHHHH!! The worst part is, all I could think was...."I wonder if anybody's posting anything new for the swap"....started shaking....couldn't focus.....Finally got home and had to go to the kids' christmas concert.....blurry vision...can't think....SPS...zos.... gottafrag....
Tag- Am I unwell???

No more unwell that every other attendee (g).

I agree with Tag on feeding the Turbinaria...feed them at night with the cyclops-eeze. I mix some up with tank water, let it melt and spread it around the water surface with a turkey baster. This might help perk up that frogspawn too. JMO...

Brad-I also agree with Tag on the quantity of cyclops-eeze. I bought two 3 oz bars back in October. I have yet to even put a dent in the first 3oz package. "A little goes a long way"
Tag-Great minds...yada, yada, yada... ;)
OK...I feel better now. I'm off to the swap site to see whasssup!
Rahn

Jeepers. Nix agrees with me twice in one post. Now I'm worried!
Tagamet

nixnutz
12/18/2003, 09:44 PM
Than at least I'm in good company if I am unwell... ;)

I believe that we agree frequently....there's always tomorrow though... :furious: (g)

Rahn

Fizz71
12/19/2003, 08:25 AM
Tag..
Considering the page was timing out before even 1/10th of it was displayed extending the setting won't help...short of extending it to 20min....would YOU wait that long?! They seem to have fixed the problem now. That page is very database intensive, but even NON-database intensive pages were taking forever. I imagine thier server's CPU was pegged by some other process either on purpose or by accident.

Brad..
I got my cyclop-eeze from "The Hidden Reef". I bought 2 tubes MONTHS ago and I still haven't even finished off the first tube.

Rahn..
Whether I trade the xenia or not will all depend on how much they grow in the next month and a half. So you were talking about the white ones, right? I got them from somebody at the last swap..they've been wandering since the day I got them. They attached themselves over night, but haven't stayed still since. As for the zoos...yes all are doing well...although that picture was taken just after they went in, so they've grown since then. :) And as for the site..it does have SOME advantages, but I wouldn't have done it if it looked like others were trying to get in. Nobody's requested that last piece since before Monday, and I didn't want to forget! I don't get on here at nights.

Anyway...all seems well on the site again..I'll keep complaining to them..not that it does any good....but I what should I expect for 20 bucks right?

--Fizz

Fizz71
12/19/2003, 08:33 AM
Oh..and as for the Turbinaria. I'll keep feeding cyclopeeze at night, I just thought it was odd that when I first got the coral, it was out during the day, that's why I thought maybe it was the lighting. This picture was taken 2 days after they were in...during full lighting:

http://www.fizzhome.com/posted/pagoda.jpg

I was feeding cyclopeeze at night anyway..just to try to stimulate the growth of pods since my mandarin has really done a job on them. How often do you think I should be feeding this stuff..and how much? I made thin sheets out of the tube. I've been feeding about a quarter's size once..may be twice..a week.

--Fizz

bmkindig
12/19/2003, 10:43 PM
hey fizz
cool colored tubinaria get it to spawn so i can buy a frag.i feed my tanks 2 twice a week usually right around the time the lights go out. and mine come out almost as soon as i put my hand in the tank.
later
brad

Mal3
12/20/2003, 03:25 AM
picassomike: Mike, are the orange/green zoos on the site really orange and green? Here is the photo attached.
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=18828&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

I am looking for the orange and green zoos. I like the ones in the photo too.

millisec
12/20/2003, 03:46 AM
picassomike: Mike, are the orange/green zoos on the site really orange and green? Here is the photo attached.
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=18828&papass=&sort=1&thecat=500

I am looking for the orange and green zoos. I like the ones in the photo too.

Those solid green and orange dot are bukoo bucks for a nice piece when you can find them. I've been trying for sometime to get my hands on some. I'll take a chance and sure hope they are what I think like these. From his pic I would guess so. If the same feel free to use the pic Mike.

sixpackrt
12/20/2003, 03:49 AM
are the outsides brown?

Ron

millisec
12/20/2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by sixpackrt
are the outsides brown?

Ron

Yea brown tentacle, solid dark green rings and orange dot mouth.

Mal3
12/20/2003, 03:57 AM
Can anyone tell me why I get this error when trying to upload a photo. The file size is 43kb.

/home/rc/public_html/gallery/data/3296/17955Encgor.JPG: File upload error. Cannot find uploaded file.

sixpackrt
12/20/2003, 03:58 AM
i have those

Ron

millisec
12/20/2003, 03:59 AM
Originally posted by sixpackrt
i have those

Ron

Probably from zooqi eh? I think I saw he had them on his site a while back and was gonna ask.

sixpackrt
12/20/2003, 04:11 AM
they have a dark green ring with an orange mouth
under actinics 03's they are bright florescent green ring and florescent orange mouths

Ron

sixpackrt
12/20/2003, 07:06 AM
Yea brown tentacle, solid dark green rings and orange dot mouth.

like this

http://members.aol.com/smoke47756/zoos/zoo4.jpg

nancysnuwave
12/20/2003, 08:30 AM
Can anyone tell me why I get this error when trying to upload a photo. The file size is 43kb.

/home/rc/public_html/gallery/data/3296/17955Encgor.JPG: File upload error. Cannot find uploaded file.

You could try, for grins, making it smaller...might be just an transient 'congestion' error on RC's end.

I think I would just upload some smaller, other file file from a different location/different name to help nail down the question.

Hope that helps.

Chris

JonK
12/20/2003, 05:15 PM
Posted a new frag up on Fizz's site. Brown Star Polyps with white centers. Only 2 available.

Jon

71goalie
12/20/2003, 08:01 PM
FWIW -

This is my 100th post!!!!!!!

I just had to do it!!!!!

beerman0831
12/20/2003, 08:03 PM
Congrats on the 100th post

Tagamet
12/20/2003, 08:31 PM
FWIW -
This is my 100th post!!!!!!!
I just had to do it!!!!!

Congrats! You've won a year's supply of calendars from That Fish Place!(heehee)
Tagamet

nixnutz
12/21/2003, 12:21 AM
Well done 71goalie!! Now we have to get you a custom avatar. You like mine?
<-----------------

I stole....I mean aquired it from ByTor :D I'll go browse his gallery and see what else he's got....we'll get ya hooked up... :lol: You don't mind Tim, do ya?? BTW ..I tell everyone it's mine... ;)

Rahn

Tagamet
12/21/2003, 12:29 AM
I just posted a few teal 'shrooms to the swap site. Check out the pic in my RC gallery. I think they are exceedingly pretty.
Tagamet

nixnutz
12/21/2003, 12:40 AM
Looks good!! I was checking out the rest of your gallery...you gonna frag those green skirt, lavender zoos? :) NICE!!!

Rahn

zooqi
12/21/2003, 01:13 AM
you guys are fraging like crazy. I need to put my frags together if I have any. Is getting close and I can't wait untill the meeting. I have told many people about this meeting too.

bmkindig
12/21/2003, 02:42 AM
hey mo
you better show!!!!!are you bringing corals or just frags.
hell for the fact is anyone going to have corals for sale,my tanks filling up with frags and i'd like to get some nice hard corals in the tank.maybe even a show peice.
later
brad

71goalie
12/21/2003, 09:56 AM
thanks nix - your avatar is nice. i need to upgrade my lighting in my tank so i can keep stuff like that.

ByTor
12/21/2003, 02:03 PM
Nix, ya know the longer you use my efflo pic. The longer the wait you'll have till you get a frag of it... :eek:

Boy! you guys and these zoans......... LOL I think the day of the swap when I show up with a few of what you guys never seen. Things might get ugly... :twitch:

Ya just gotta love surprises!

picassomike
12/21/2003, 02:04 PM
Mal-yes they are actually orange and green.

Mike

Mal3
12/21/2003, 02:15 PM
I Just had to see what this new Avitar looks like

Mal3
12/21/2003, 02:17 PM
Thanks mike, because the photo looks more brown and reds with a lime green center

millisec
12/21/2003, 04:06 PM
Boy! you guys and these zoans......... LOL I think the day of the swap when I show up with a few of what you guys never seen. Things might get ugly... :twitch:

Ya just gotta love surprises!

:lol: More like you guys and the SPS... We don't want no stinking surprises just coughem up and lets see what you got. Did you get my PM?? Got zoo? :eek1:

nixnutz
12/21/2003, 06:32 PM
:thumbsup: Lokks great dude!!!

ByTor-Dang It!!! I wish I would've known that when I was up there...I woulda changed it before I left here! :rolleye1:

Rahn

Tagamet
12/21/2003, 06:44 PM
I got a new avatar in your honor!
Tagamet

nixnutz
12/21/2003, 07:15 PM
Stop it! I'm trying to behave here.... :rolleyes:

Rahn

ByTor
12/21/2003, 07:17 PM
LMAO!!! Tag!!!

Relax Milli...take a deep breath! and Relax..........:) got your PM. I'll have a few for the swap.

Looking good! Mal.

ByTor
12/21/2003, 07:19 PM
Nix,
yeah......Surrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeee ya are!
We all know how your type is, think your "above the law"

nixnutz
12/21/2003, 07:32 PM
LA LA LA LA LA....I don't hear you....LA LA LA LA LA

Rahn

millisec
12/21/2003, 08:22 PM
You children are just incorrigible instigators :lol: But of course Bytor I am relaxed just persistant :rolleyes: But in your honor I think I'll **** the neighbors off, fire up my Marshall, and burn through a few Rush riffs to unwind and maybe even ride the train to Bangkok :lol: I'm older than you might think an I actually saw them on their very first US tour of dives like Sylvan Beach pavilion in Baycliff Texas in mid 70's. Talk about pit of the earth. Be real nice and I might cough up some original circa 76-77 or so original 2112 concert photos from Houston music hall by yours truly. :smokin: You know back when they actually played music.

DgenR8
12/21/2003, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Tagamet
I got a new avatar in your honor!
Tagamet

I kinda like it, not to mention Bytor's new sig. Goes along well with reef Central's policy in both cases.
I'm impressed by your level of maturity.

nixnutz
12/21/2003, 08:58 PM
Hey Larry!

Welcome back. As you can see, we're just a bunch of ball-busting, fun-lovin', reef addicts like the most of the rest of the board. Are you gonna make the frag swap? You are invited if you're interested. Here's the link if ya missed it:

http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars/default.asp

Hope to see you there!

Rahn

DgenR8
12/21/2003, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the invite Rahn,
It's a little far from home, but I've been known to drive more than a few hours for frags. ;)
I'll have to see what the calendar looks like as that weekend gets closer :)

nixnutz
12/21/2003, 09:33 PM
:thumbsup: Cool! The more the merrier I say. Be sure to check out the site. There's some great frags still up for grabs and I know there's more to come!! C-YA!

Rahn

ByTor
12/21/2003, 09:37 PM
Hey Milli,
I would really like to see your RUSH pics! My first time was the Permanent Waves tour 1980 and I haven't missed a tour since.
I was hooked from the first time I heard Fly by Night. I was just a 10yr. old pup then but was "Burning for Buddy" a few years by then. The kit now has a good inch or two of dust on it :(

Did ya hear they are planning a 30th year annivers. tour in 2004.
I can't wait! I caught them twice on the "Vapor Trails" tour.

ByTor
12/21/2003, 09:43 PM
Some FFT

"Vital Signs"

Unstable condition
A symptom of life
In mental and environmental change
Atmospheric disturbance
The feverish flux
Of human interface and interchange

The impulse is pure
Sometimes our circuits get shorted
By external interference
Signals get crossed
And the balance distorted
By internal incoherence

A tired mind become a shape-shifter
Everybody need a mood lifter
Everybody need reverse polarity
Everybody got mixed feelings
About the function and the form
Everybody got to deviate from the norm

An ounce of perception
A pound of obscure
Process information at half speed
Pause, rewind, replay
Warm memory chip
Random sample, hold the one you need

Leave out the fiction
The fact is, this friction
Will only be worn by persistence
Leave out conditions
Courageous convictions
Will drag the dream into existence

A tired mind become a shape-shifter
Everybody need a soft filter
Everybody need reverse polarity
Everybody got mixed feelings
About the function and the form
Everybody got to elevate from the norm...

Lyrics by Neil Peart

ByTor
12/21/2003, 09:48 PM
Larry,
there was a dude from Long Island who bought my 240gal a while back. He did the drive in under 3 hrs. one way. It is basically all highway miles.

Hope you can make it.

DgenR8
12/21/2003, 09:56 PM
Funny story:
Back when I was keeping fresh water Oscars and the like, I talked my wife into driving 10 hrs round trip with me to Cooperstown to get crayfish for food! I couldn't find anywhere closer that sold them as bait. Of course once you figured the cost of gas, wear and tear, etc. I should have just bought them from the LFS :rolleyes:
I've always liked driving, and 3 hrs. is nothin' :D I just might take 'ya up on it.

ByTor
12/21/2003, 10:03 PM
Wow! just for fish food! But hey, it was a day out with the wife.

Ya have any cool corals to trade?

nixnutz
12/21/2003, 10:05 PM
The address for the swap is buried somewhere on this thread, so here it is again for Larry and any others who wanna be reminded of how to get here:

Hegins Fire Co. Hall
720 E. Chestnut St.
Hegins, PA 17938

Go to mapquest.com on the "driving directions" page and enter the above address as the destination and your address as the starting point. It will give you driving directions, total mileage and estimated travel time. Like ByTor said, It's almost all highway, so the mileage will be a better indicator of "actual driving time".... ;)

Rahn

millisec
12/21/2003, 10:10 PM
Hey Milli,
I would really like to see your RUSH pics! My first time was the Permanent Waves tour 1980 and I haven't missed a tour since.
I was hooked from the first time I heard Fly by Night. I was just a 10yr. old pup then but was "Burning for Buddy" a few years by then. The kit now has a good inch or two of dust on it :(

Did ya hear they are planning a 30th year annivers. tour in 2004.
I can't wait! I caught them twice on the "Vapor Trails" tour.

Well damn... smoked a tube and had to settle for banging on my Ovation and butchering the trees :lol: Still no match for Lifeson, Geddy I could handle.

I saw them 3 or 4 times in Houston and twice in Seattle 80-81 (including all the worlds a stage tour) but that was the last. 30 year tour I might catch. Ouch that makes me feel freakin old. I used to play bass back in those days and even though I've been playing guitar for a few years I've had this strange yearning to go out replace my black ric I sold years ago. I'll see if I can't dig up my flashback collection of pics. I have one of Bonham just before he died that will make your skin crawl. Alone on the kit and a halo over his head from the lights :eek:

CherryCat
12/22/2003, 09:37 AM
permanent waves,

natural science:

1. tide pools:

... a simple kind mirror
to reflect upon our own.
all the busy little creatures
chasing out their destinies.
living in their pools,
they soon forget about
the sea...

reefguyinpa
12/22/2003, 09:42 AM
Wow bytor thanks for the flashback!!:)

beerman0831
12/22/2003, 01:22 PM
I posted some new frag for sale or trade

Fizz71
12/22/2003, 04:33 PM
I put a link to MapQuest on the summary page on the frag site...could somebody who DOESN'T use MapQuest check it out..I'm not sure if I have cookies that make it work for me (like required registrations or something like that..I know one of them have it)...It looks good to me.

--Fizz
http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars/

Ocean Image
12/22/2003, 04:58 PM
WOW, this is a long thread!! Anyway, hi guys/gals. I will be attending and I was curious if anyone could give me an update on the last 20 pages :D. I have my NCPARS trade/sale "account" up and running, great idea. I will post a few more coral frags as we get closer to the date.

Thanks. Chris

nixnutz
12/22/2003, 05:19 PM
Double check the info you put into Mapquest. The address is 720, but mapquest is showing 520-523 which is 2 blocks west of the actual location.

The actual location is the northeast corner of the intersection of Route 125 and chestnut St. I'm gonna try to attach a file which shows the actual location..

Rahn

Fizz71
12/22/2003, 05:46 PM
You can see by the url that it uses that I did in fact give it 720. If I get a chance tommorrow I'll see if I can do it by lat/lon. I know one of the sites use it.

Thanks.

--Fizz

Fizz71
12/23/2003, 09:18 AM
Double check the info you put into Mapquest. The address is 720, but mapquest is showing 520-523 which is 2 blocks west of the actual location.

The actual location is the northeast corner of the intersection of Route 125 and chestnut St. I'm gonna try to attach a file which shows the actual location..

Ok. Yahoo! maps wins..they got it right the first time. The site's been updated with the new directions.

--Fizz
NCPARS Frag Site (http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars)

nixnutz
12/23/2003, 10:00 AM
You got it dude!! Those of you that will be coming off of Interstate 81, you will be coming in from the right side of the map on route 25 heading west. Turn left onto route 125 south and the Fire Company hall is 30 ft. after the turn on the left. Great job once again Fizz!!! :thumbsup:

If it will help, I'll get a picture of the Fire hall to post so you got an idea of what you're all looking for. LMK

Rahn

Fizz71
12/23/2003, 10:03 AM
We can do that if you want. Send it to my Yahoo! email account, or post a link somewhere and I'll copy it.

--Fizz

nixnutz
12/23/2003, 10:05 AM
I'll take care of it this weekend and send it to ya.

Rahn

bob124578
12/23/2003, 04:17 PM
If I have any problems finding the place I'm just going to set a fire and follow them back.

JonK
12/23/2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by bob124578
If I have any problems finding the place I'm just going to set a fire and follow them back.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :smokin:

Mal3
12/24/2003, 07:37 PM
Merry Christmas to all and happy new year too.

millisec
12/24/2003, 08:46 PM
Oh yea its Christmas Eve :lol: Merry Christmas to all of you and hope Santa brings lots of frags or a least that new starfire :rolleyes:

Tagamet
12/24/2003, 08:53 PM
Merry Christmas to all and happy new year too.

DITTO!

Taga*Christmas*Met

nixnutz
12/25/2003, 11:07 AM
Check the swap site. Santa paid a visit! ;)

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!
Rahn

JonK
12/25/2003, 11:44 AM
I'm there nixnuts...that's a great idea too!!! I think I'll have to roll the old sleigh up to the frag site as well.

Jon

nixnutz
12/25/2003, 11:53 AM
Thanks. Just in the holiday spirit I guess...LOL. I wanted to do it last night at midnight, but I was too tired after wrapping. :rolleye1:

Rahn

nixnutz
12/25/2003, 06:01 PM
Looks like Santa's paying a visit to JonK, Mal3, and Tag. Let me know your preference of SPS, polyps, or leather. I'll take all your existing trades into account in picking a frag just for you.

Tag-Great idea for the newbies!!! I've been getting alot of responses form people saying they're new to the hobby or that they have nothing to trade, so your offer will definately help someone out.

Rahn

JonK
12/26/2003, 02:42 PM
Rahn, I would like to give up my free frag to someone that is just starting out or with little to trade. Your have a great idea and I will be following your lead.

Jon

Tagamet
12/26/2003, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by JonK
Rahn, I would like to give up my free frag to someone that is just starting out or with little to trade. Your have a great idea and I will be following your lead.
Jon

Classy move, JonK. I'll follow your lead that was following Rahn's lead? Anyway, I'll let Rahn find a newbie recieient for "my" Christmas gift from him, too.
Maybe we could have a contest to see who's "most Virginal"? No, that doesn't work. Virginal is an absolute, so you can't be "kinda" virginal, or "Most" virginal. Help, this hole I'm diggin is getting awfully deep. Well, you know what I mean!!!!
Tagamet :eek2:

JonK
12/26/2003, 04:05 PM
Tag,

I think Rahn started, then you followed Rahn, then I followed you for giving it to a newbie, then you followed me by giving up your free frag, then I am following Rahn for posting merry x-mas frags, then.......Oh crap, I think we are walking around in circles again.:)

Jon

Tagamet
12/26/2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by JonK
Tag,

I think Rahn started, then you followed Rahn, then I followed you for giving it to a newbie, then you followed me by giving up your free frag, then I am following Rahn for posting merry x-mas frags, then.......Oh crap, I think we are walking around in circles again.:)
Jon

Yeah, I was getting that "circular" sense too. But don't knock it. I make a living with loopy people (g).
It's starting to sound a little like the movie "Pay it forward". Very sad movie, but a very good moral.
Tagamet

ByTor
12/26/2003, 08:40 PM
A day late and always a dollar short, But.....

Merry Christmas! everyone!

Nix and Tag :thumbsup:

I was planning on offering up 5 different small colonies as door prizes. For the rookies... ;)

I have a few small colonies of green pocillipora. The one has been grwoing on my back glass for a good year or so, and is prolly 4 or 5 inches across by now...

A colony of Red Sea pom pom xenia, and elongata xenia.

A good sized branch of my blue tipped stag.

Some of my green sinularia and my colt...

Tagamet
12/26/2003, 10:09 PM
I was planning on offering up 5 different small colonies as door prizes. For the rookies... ;)

This will be my first time at this swap, so does that make me a rookie? (lol).
Tagamet

ByTor
12/26/2003, 10:22 PM
Tag,
your something else! LOL You know what I meant and mean...
oh and BTW didn't I once fill a coller for ya??? ;) and speaking of which, how are the doing? What do ya have the MH's up to a day now?

Tagamet
12/26/2003, 10:52 PM
Tag,
your something else! LOL You know what I meant and mean...
oh and BTW didn't I once fill a coller for ya??? ;) and speaking of which, how are the doing? What do ya have the MH's up to a day now?

Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm not *technically* a rooklie (lol), my skills just look like 'em.
The MH's are up to 7 hours now and coming up on another half hour bump. Some of the frags you gave me are doing great, some so-so and 2 or 3 just flat bleached out in the first week. The ones that are doing well are REALLY doing well. The so-so's are just kinda like they were when I brought them home, except have encrusted their epoxy base or crevice where they were placed. It's really weird not being able to rearrange things the way I was used to doing with the softies.
The two things that seemed to have helped most are adding 3 liters of saturated kalk water after lights out and increasing the current. I'm still working on getting a system set up to drip kalk 24/7 for top off. That should be done this weekend. I was waiting for my family Dr. to get me some disgarded IV stuff, like the thumb wheel IV line adjusters to regulate a drip line and some wide bore tubing (used in colinoscopies) that won't be so prone to clogging with kalk. I'd tried hanging 4 of the frags to sway in the current (ala Calfo) and they all have done well, so I added another big powerhead to the 120, in hopes that the extra current will help all of the attached frags, too.
I'm really hoping we get the CA reator group buy off the ground. I'd at least like to get a Neilson reactor, or even better a CA reactor. As always, little steps for little feet....
Thanks again,
Tagamet
PS I definitely remember the cooler you filled (duh). That's PART of why I'm trying to "pass it forward". SOME day I hope I'll be able to be passing forward the SPS (and I did save you a teal 'shroom and an orange and green hairy 'shroom, if you want them)

nixnutz
12/26/2003, 11:47 PM
JonK and Tag...that's cool with me. I'm not exactly sure how to implement this, though. Here's what I'm thinking:

Have people fill out their raffle slips when they arrive (just like at mo's). Ask for the following information:

Name _____________________
RC Userid __________________
Hobby experience: ___yrs. __mos.
Distance travelled to swap:______miles
Number of previous NCPARS swaps attended: ___

Give three door prizes: (1) for "newbie" (least hobby experience), (1) FOR "dedicated reefer" (greatest distance travelled) and (1) for "first timer" (drawn from only those who are attending an NCPARS swap for the first time). Then draw the remaining door prizes for all attendees.

So far we've got:

(1) frag from JonK (his Merry Christmas Frag)
(2) Frags from Tag (Mushroom rock & M.C. Frag)
(2) frags from me (I'll kick in two more for the door prizes)
(5) colonies from ByTor ( I've seen those pocillipora colonies and they ROCK!)
(3) sponsor donations that I'm aware of...

That's 13 prizes already and you know there will be more. This way we're not excluding our dedicated members, but we are promoting new membership and rewarding our friends from the other clubs who are travelling long distances. What do you guys think???

Rahn

Tagamet
12/27/2003, 12:02 AM
Nix,
Given some of the characters that show up at NCPARS swaps, I'd add a place on the registration that could be checked - "Witness protection program" (heehee)
Seriously, it looks good.
Tagamet

nixnutz
12/27/2003, 12:22 AM
Witness protection??? ___yes ___no :uzi:

I wasn't gonna tell anyone about your status in the program Tag, but since you mentioned it... :lol:

JonK-Go back to the swap site and sign up for your x-mas frag again. It's yours to donate to the prize pool. :)

ByTor- I bought those hole saws. We gonna offer tank drilling at the swap?

Rahn

Tagamet
12/27/2003, 12:28 AM
Witness protection??? ___yes ___no :uzi:

I wasn't gonna tell anyone about your status in the program Tag, but since you mentioned it... :lol:

Rahn

Quiet, or I'll send Louie the Lip to visit you.....

Guido, er, I mean Tagamet

bmkindig
12/27/2003, 01:54 AM
hey guys,
someone has really gone off the deep end here i've been quite the last few days and trying to caught up wowowow

xmas eve we had some minor vandalizm done on the property between 10:30 and midnight so i was in a bad mood wrapping gifts and putting presents out.then.........
about 3:30 xmas morning my my wife and i were finishing up,i grabbed a handful of stuff to take upstairs and i hear the locked front door turning, i get really angry and start running to the front door to kick some butt only to get i had 1 of the best xmas presents ever,my parents walk in the front door from fla.them drove up for xmas,i was in shock.
i wasn't exspecting them and only had a few gifts that were going to be mailed out.so i've been busy fragging.things to put in my dads tank that he just started like 7 months ago,and he hasn't had the $ to fill it up since he hardly touches the computer he doesn't know if there's any frag swaps near him.they live in jacksonville,fla. so i did a search and i think i found 2 near where they are in jan and feb.
anyway that's were my xmas frags have gone.i've fragged thing that i haven't even thought of fragging yet just for my dad,even though it might only be 1 or 2 polyps or whatever,i can't not swap with family....
i wish he could come to the next meeting. hell he was at zooqi's 1st 1 but they were home for a funeral and a birthday party that week.
later
brad

carribeanlovers
12/27/2003, 02:31 AM
Hi,
I'm new to this so bear with me:) Tagamet told me about this SWAP meeting and I think we will come and check it out. But I got one question - what time does it start? (I hope that didn't make me sound dumb):worried:

nixnutz
12/27/2003, 02:38 AM
First off...Welcome!

It starts at 12:00 noon and goes till ?????? (not dumb at all...we just never really posted a time yet.) See ya there!!

Rahn

carribeanlovers
12/27/2003, 02:40 AM
Thanks - looking forward to it

ByTor
12/27/2003, 04:08 AM
Tag, that's good to hear. As long as they are encrusting, no worries! Flow is a good thing! As long as your getting kalk in you shouldn't have to be chasing numbers. Just watch the alk, and hopefully there's no nitrates to talk about...
I hear ya Tag and I'm with ya on the "passit on" :)

Nix, looks like a plan for the door prizes...We'll offer tank drilling after we are finished with our tanks.

Mal3
12/27/2003, 01:19 PM
Certainly, we are an active group. We have put up 18 pages in a month. I predict that this thread will be over 50 pages by swap time. Anyone taking bets?

Tagamet
12/27/2003, 01:51 PM
Certainly, we are an active group. We have put up 18 pages in a month. I predict that this thread will be over 50 pages by swap time. Anyone taking bets?

You'd need to give long odds, but I think it would already be 50 pages if we didn't have Fizz's site!
Tagamet

Mal3
12/27/2003, 02:08 PM
I just posted this one. I only have one. It needs current and strong light and some hard corals and such do not get along with it. I have a hammer and frogspawn with it and they are fine. Acros do not get along with it. Please be sure you have the right conditions for it if interested.

millisec
12/28/2003, 09:40 PM
I put up another color of zoo and one special ricordia. :eek1: Happy hunting :lol: I hope to get a few more one of a kind things up this week.

yellowtruck75
12/28/2003, 10:31 PM
Can some one tell me the URL for the frag site agian I only have it bookmarket on my school computer and I am lost without it at home. Thanks:)

nixnutz
12/28/2003, 10:34 PM
Ask and you shall receive...

http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars/default.asp

Happy hunting!

Rahn

millisec
12/28/2003, 10:41 PM
BTW I think I said it before but in keeping in line with all the Santa wannabes :lol: I'll have some frags for the school and at least something for a door prize.

millisec
12/28/2003, 10:48 PM
Oh yea... theres a couple varieties of blue zoo's up on the site.

nixnutz
12/28/2003, 10:53 PM
Just picked up some new zos today....Some blue ones with yellow skirts :eek2: Very cool! Check the gallery. I'll be posting in the zoo pics thread in a bit.

Rahn

teaser....

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/36172newzoos4.jpg

millisec
12/28/2003, 10:58 PM
Dog :lol: Those green/oranges at top are some of my favorites.

nixnutz
12/28/2003, 11:04 PM
Are they melev's greens??....similar??? As soon as I saw them, I immediately thought of your Melev's. I'm at your site now for comparison.

Rahn

millisec
12/28/2003, 11:08 PM
No not Melev's which have purplish center (and some look a likes with no center color)... but exceptionally nice color.

nixnutz
12/28/2003, 11:17 PM
I'll just have to wait for yours to grow... :D Unless of course you'd like to send me yours for a better comparison??? :lol: There's a better pic of those on the zoo pic thread now....check 'em out. Have you got any of these green oranges?? LMK.

Rahn

Fizz71
12/28/2003, 11:29 PM
I'm gonna need a freakin' loan to pay for all these frags. :) It's a good thing I get my tax return really early. But I need the color, so it's worth it...my tank is too brown right now.

--Fizz

yellowtruck75
12/29/2003, 12:36 PM
Good news guys. My girlfriend actually listened to me this year for Christmas and I got my 3-250 watt MHs. I can't wait to get them hooked up and get some fresh frags from the meeting:)

millisec
12/29/2003, 12:40 PM
I'm gonna need a freakin' loan to pay for all these frags. :) It's a good thing I get my tax return really early. But I need the color, so it's worth it...my tank is too brown right now.

--Fizz

Welllll... RC is finally back from the dead. Anyway what I was gonna say was (before so rudely interupted) is that I've upped my gratuity. Now your getting the Bytors and the tricolor ricordia on the house :eek1: So less you gotta pay for frags.

BTW just a comment to all about my stuff. Theres a $$ figure for each item for reference. Anything can be cash or suitable trade. No exact size on zoo frags but generally shooting for $10 size. They won't be more for what I listed but they could be less if frags are smaller than expected. I have also lowered prices on a couple things people already bought. Just trying to ballpark it and offer decent stuff at decent prices.

Fizz71
12/29/2003, 01:02 PM
Yeah...I sent you a PM "thank you". And BTW..I don't think the site was ever "down". It just had a dns problem. You could get to it the whole time at this address:

http://205.214.82.39/
..I have it bookmarked incase it happens again. :)

Unfortunetely that trick doesn't seem to work with my site's IP when I get the "DNS Not Found" issues from them.

--Fizz

nancysnuwave
12/29/2003, 01:13 PM
It just had a dns problem.

Glad you confirmed that.. since I was able to get there via IP but not by name resolution, I was concerned that the local internet police were at work.. (at work).

bugman426
12/29/2003, 02:38 PM
gahh i have like 30 frags of zoos i could bring but its a 4 hour drive =( you need to have one in ny

Fizz71
12/29/2003, 02:44 PM
It wouldn't be called "North Central PA Aquarium Reef Society" then, would it! :)

C'mon. Make the drive....I've driven further for day trips skiing, not to mention the numerous trips to broadway for a 3 hour show!

--Fizz

bugman426
12/29/2003, 03:01 PM
true, but considering i have school the next day, i wouldnt get home till 10, assuming it ended around 6

millisec
12/29/2003, 03:13 PM
Yeah...I sent you a PM "thank you". And BTW..I don't think the site was ever "down". It just had a dns problem. You could get to it the whole time at this address:

http://205.214.82.39/
..I have it bookmarked incase it happens again. :)

Unfortunetely that trick doesn't seem to work with my site's IP when I get the "DNS Not Found" issues from them.

--Fizz

Your welcome... someones gotta take care of us hacks :lol: I'd trade really nice frags for a damn job. :mad2:

Hmmm... did not even check IP since no emails were going out either from RC that I saw. Just figured temporarily toast.

Fizz71
12/29/2003, 03:28 PM
That brings up a good point...have we even discussed times yet?

Bugman..if you say..."trade must be completed by 4pm" or whatever..I don't think anybody would throw stones at you. :) Especially if you have some frags of that colony in your avatar! :)

Hey Jim..is it really that bad in Philly? The only reason I'm still at my current employer is because I don't want to drive to philly for a decent paying job. I know the business is tough right now, but I didn't think it was that bad in major cities. Do you have any certs? I know my department "down-sized" just about everybody that doesn't have a specialty or certs like an MCSD.

--Fizz

Fizz71
12/29/2003, 03:28 PM
..and oh yeah...no emails probably came out, because nobody knew to use the IP. :)

nixnutz
12/29/2003, 03:49 PM
I was thinking noon to start. Maybe 11:00am...whatever suits everyone. We have the hall all day till the wee hours of the morning if we want. Let me know what you think and we can set an exact time for start. Please consider that ByTor, beerman and I need some time in the am to set up, cook chicken and oh...yeah...bag up our frags :) LMK.

Rahn

Fizz71
12/29/2003, 04:45 PM
Well if you don't have enough locals to help out, and you need some more help, let me know. I'm about 1:45 away from you, so I could be there by 10am if you need the help. I'm only bringing macro as of right now, so I don't have a whole lot to do that morning. :)

--Fizz

nixnutz
12/29/2003, 04:55 PM
You got PM.

Rahn

bugman426
12/29/2003, 11:52 PM
heehee

id love to frag these, but i already have 2 frags promised to people from trades gone wrong, and they know who they are:

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/3504018new.jpg

:)

millisec
12/30/2003, 12:00 AM
I'll probably try and get there a bit early too... Just depends on getting my *** out of bed, packing up and hitting the road for looks like 118 miles. Heh... Yahoo says 2.5 hours. Probably a bit quicker than that especially on a Sunday morning :rolleyes:

nixnutz
12/30/2003, 12:36 AM
Bugman- ;) How are the frags doin'??

Milli- I'll get ya a real time estimate on the 11th... Beerman and I did the Hidden Reef in about an hour and 40 minutes. You gonna be ready for that bi-color angel by then? He really needs a better home.

Rahn

millisec
12/30/2003, 01:48 AM
Bugman- ;) How are the frags doin'??

Milli- I'll get ya a real time estimate on the 11th... Beerman and I did the Hidden Reef in about an hour and 40 minutes. You gonna be ready for that bi-color angel by then? He really needs a better home.

Rahn

Yea my prop tank needs a muncher desparately. Thats where he will start out. Reef is probably 10 minutes from here.

Mal3
12/30/2003, 02:59 AM
millisec Your pm box if full. I could not reply there.

Thanks, I will take you up on the blues, but pass on the tonga blue.

Nyxll
12/30/2003, 03:20 AM
Well ... At 1st I definately wasn't going .... now im probably not going ... but thinking about it..... maybe by next week ill come to my senses & give in on the 6 hour car ride. If I do come I have a bunch of sauce for the chicken wings, well the hot and extremely hot ones at least. I also have a decent frag bring list if I do decide to come but I dont wanna post it yet cause im still not sure.

Greg

bugman426
12/30/2003, 10:03 AM
frags..i havent fragged it yet, gonna wait as long as possible before i frag it, but rest assured itll be 15 + polyps

Mike

nixnutz
12/30/2003, 11:09 AM
I meant the ones I sent you...LOL

Rahn

millisec
12/30/2003, 12:21 PM
millisec Your pm box if full. I could not reply there.

Thanks, I will take you up on the blues, but pass on the tonga blue.

Yea I saw that this morning... PIA. Cleaned up though as I see several tried to PM me.

BTW my email is millisec99@verizon.net

bugman426
12/30/2003, 12:29 PM
ohhh lol--i think its doing good, but only like 2-3 polyps are open out of about 7--they are turning brown so i think they are dying and then they open a lil the next day--ill never understand

bob124578
12/30/2003, 09:26 PM
Hey everybody,

I'm the dude selling the bugs and gorgonians -- anyway a quick question.

I've sold a few things to some guy out your way and he mentioned that he was JUST starting out reefing and asked what I thought he should start out with.

Well, you know where I'm going with this one.... Does he need to be a registered RC and/or NCPARS member to qualify for the freebies? I think he'll go but he'll be buying since he has no corals. Are you guys going to save a few things -- off the website for late comers? Since he doesn't know a whole lot about corals he wouldn't know what to reserve. What should I tell him?

Maybe you guys could add to your descriptions "good for starters" for those appropriate.

bmkindig
12/30/2003, 10:05 PM
hey bob,
i just had the same problem and i live in the lehigh valley i just reserved some stuff under my registered name.
i can't speak for everyone.but i would say to do the same and email or pm the person on the situation.

hey fizz,
is there a way to sign on a guest on your site.
also just a thought but have you thought about adding some differant colors to the site if it's going to be a preminate fixure to ncpars

later
brad

Tagamet
12/30/2003, 10:24 PM

is there a way to sign on a guest on your site.
also just a thought but have you thought about adding some differant colors to the site if it's going to be a preminate fixure to ncpars
later
brad

What's wrong with the colors?
Tagamet
PS What happened to all my corals????

nixnutz
12/30/2003, 10:39 PM
JonK and Tag...that's cool with me. I'm not exactly sure how to implement this, though. Here's what I'm thinking:

Have people fill out their raffle slips when they arrive (just like at mo's). Ask for the following information:

Name _____________________
RC Userid __________________
Hobby experience: ___yrs. __mos.
Distance travelled to swap:______miles
Number of previous NCPARS swaps attended: ___

Give three door prizes: (1) for "newbie" (least hobby experience), (1) FOR "dedicated reefer" (greatest distance travelled) and (1) for "first timer" (drawn from only those who are attending an NCPARS swap for the first time). Then draw the remaining door prizes for all attendees.

So far we've got:

(1) frag from JonK (his Merry Christmas Frag)
(2) Frags from Tag (Mushroom rock & M.C. Frag)
(2) frags from me (I'll kick in two more for the door prizes)
(5) colonies from ByTor ( I've seen those pocillipora colonies and they ROCK!)
(3) sponsor donations that I'm aware of...

That's 13 prizes already and you know there will be more. This way we're not excluding our dedicated members, but we are promoting new membership and rewarding our friends from the other clubs who are travelling long distances. What do you guys think???

Rahn

The above post was posted a few days ago, but kinda got lost. That is what I was thinking with respect to the door prizes. I definately want to take care of some of the new members and help them get off to a good start.

There will definately be more stuff posted. I have a few things I still haven't posted, because I don't want to exclude the late-comers. Also, mo is bringing (at least) a bunch of zos and he hasn't listed anything yet. Point is, there will be more stuff available.

What to tell your friend. Tell him we all said HEY!! and welcome to the gang. I will adjust my listings to reflect what is a good starter. If your friend sees something he likes, have him sign up for the coral and contact the person offering it with any questions. If your friend changes his mind after he talks to the "seller", he can cancel the request or have the seller deny the request.

OK...sorry for the long post everyone. HTH

Rahn

nixnutz
12/30/2003, 10:42 PM
WELCOME BACK!!! How was the trip??? Don't worry about your corals...they're fine.. ;)

Rahn

Tagamet
12/30/2003, 10:58 PM
WELCOME BACK!!! How was the trip??? Don't worry about your corals...they're fine.. ;)
Rahn

Did you ever see the commercial where the neighbor kidnaps the concrete squirrel??? (lol). I think it's for Verizon.

It'll take a couple of days to unwind from city driving. I was a teenager before my home town even had a stop sign! (exactly one stop sign) Two miles away in the big city (Ashland) they had a few redlights (exactly 3). Where I live now, (for the last 29 years), there are almost a dozen traffic lights. Needless to say, bumper to bumper, with 6 rows of cars occupying 5 lanes, is not my cup of tea. My reefs look especially peaceful tonight. Maybe that's because all the corals are gone.....

Tagamet

nixnutz
12/30/2003, 11:13 PM
Now who would do such a thing??? :rolleye1:

Rahn

<-----------Like the new avatar??? ByTor??? I'm counting the days!!!

bugman426
12/30/2003, 11:19 PM
ohh--seeing those zoos makes me want to come already--how are you packing the corals to bring there? if i go and bring zoos i dont want them dying

bob124578
12/30/2003, 11:19 PM
6 rows of cars occupying 5 lanes!! I hope that wasn't you I gave the finger too on I-95 yesterday, Tag.

If so, I'm sorry (and stay to the right buddy!)

Anyway, Happy New Year from South Philly where the Mummers have taken me hostage!

Tagamet
12/30/2003, 11:25 PM
6 rows of cars occupying 5 lanes!! I hope that wasn't you I gave the finger too on I-95 yesterday, Tag.

No problem, I just figured it was half a peace sign.
Tagamet

PS I LOVE the Mummers!

bmkindig
12/30/2003, 11:52 PM
hey tag
what do you mean your corals are gone!!!!

as for colors theres nothing wrong with it buti was thinking it needed some new life to it and maybe a way to sign up a guest, i guess that's cause i'm bringing a friend.

hey rahn
when am i getting my share?
later
brad

nixnutz
12/30/2003, 11:58 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: @ Bob-That was me you gave the finger and I WAS in the right lane.... :mad: QUIT TAILGATING!! Making a trip to philly next weekend (1/11) wanna get together and grab a cheese steak??

Bugman-Use a cooler with a heat pack if necessary.

Tag-look what happens when you come back. This place has been pretty dead without you.

Brad-SSSHHHHHHH!!!! He doesn't know where they are yet.

Rahn

Tagamet
12/31/2003, 12:08 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by nixnutz
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bugman-Use a cooler with a heat pack if necessary.

Or buy a Jeep with heated seats.

Tag-look what happens when you come back. This place has been pretty dead without you.

I must admit, I didn't miss much (lol)

Brad-SSSHHHHHHH!!!! He doesn't know where they are yet.
Rahn

Too late. He tried to sell me his half of my corals (but the prices were pretty good).

Tagamet

bmkindig
12/31/2003, 12:15 AM
me and my big mouth agian i need to eat something before a type before i eat my foot or someone else's
brad

Tagamet
12/31/2003, 12:18 AM
me and my big mouth agian i need to eat something before a type before i eat my foot or someone else's
brad

:lol: @Brad

Coincidentally, the one show we went to see in NY was called "Wicked"

Tagamet

Fizz71
12/31/2003, 12:34 AM
bmkindig - The colors are all in a style sheet. I change a few settings in one location and the whole site (in theory) should change. The sh*t brown I used is just there because that's the colors of the site I stole it from (another intranet site I'm writing). I'll probably change it to blues later, but it's not on my high priority list right now. :)

As for signing up as a guest...why bother...just register as something..it's free. Heck...somebody registered as "test". You can register and mark yourself as "not coming".

I forced registration so I didn't have to write extra code for view only people...remember..the key to the site this time around was get it up fast! My free time is limited..especially right now with the holidays.

--Fizz

nixnutz
12/31/2003, 12:36 AM
You got PM...

Rahn

bmkindig
12/31/2003, 12:43 AM
hey fizz
thats ok it was just a thought, i was trying to register my friend but i failed since i have the password stored.i'll try agian when i talk to him agian
tag
i'm better now eating a few soft preztelsmmmmmmmmm
later
brad

millisec
12/31/2003, 01:34 AM

Anyway, Happy New Year from South Philly where the Mummers have taken me hostage!

Hey dude... just a note about the emerald crabs that so many places sell as reef safe. Not really reef safe. Good for bubble algae (wish I could use them) but VERY bad news for zoo lovers. Melev, Travis Staut and others can tell horror stories where they mowed down and obliterated whole colonies of zoo's.

Fizz71
12/31/2003, 07:53 AM
To get around the stored password, use this address:
http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars/login.asp

..that will force you to the login page. If you keep the "remember me" checked it will now use the new one you log in as, if you don't check it..it will ask you the next time again (in other words it removes the stored password from your machine).

--Fizz

Fizz71
12/31/2003, 03:05 PM
I added a page to the site that you can access from your "My Trades" page...that is..once the site is working again...my host is acting up yet again!

Anyway...It will give you a printable list of your trades, requests, etc including images. The images will only work if the link provided by the user was an actual image, and not a URL to a web page.

And before you ask..the reason I don't display the images on the site normally (and link to them instead) is because of the time it takes to download some of these images out there. I resized them for the printable report, but the way re-sizing works in the web world is that it actualy still downloads the full image, then shrinks it...so you aren't saving any bandwidth.

I reccommend you folks print that puppy out before you come to the swap. I'd do it for you, but folks like milisec have a 25 friggin' pages. :)

--Fizz

millisec
12/31/2003, 03:31 PM
Damn is that all? Guess I better get busy and post some more stuff :lol: Speaking of which the clock is ticking. I know some people are holding out. Start posting some more stuff. Hehehe... can't wait to see if zooqi posts his stuff online. Gonna be kinda of hard to pick it otherwise since he has to transport bagged stuff this time.

Anybody seen hide or hair of zooqi man? Is he still on planet earth :lol:

Tagamet
12/31/2003, 04:05 PM
Anybody seen hide or hair of zooqi man? Is he still on planet earth :lol:

Was he ever?

Tagamet

Fizz71
12/31/2003, 04:07 PM
Ouch.

Tagamet
12/31/2003, 04:14 PM
Ouch.

JUST KIDDING!!!!! (lol)
Tagamet

Ocean Image
12/31/2003, 04:16 PM
I have a general question about the swap. Is everyone planning on doing cash exchanges as a rule of thumb? I notice that most (and I followed suit) have posted $ for their frags. I can see a few possible problems occurring. I guess what I am trying to say is that it would be a good idea to not rely on the payment from others as purchase money for your "trades". Phew, glad I got that off my chest.

millisec
12/31/2003, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Creeper
I have a general question about the swap. Is everyone planning on doing cash exchanges as a rule of thumb? I notice that most (and I followed suit) have posted $ for their frags. I can see a few possible problems occurring. I guess what I am trying to say is that it would be a good idea to not rely on the payment from others as purchase money for your "trades". Phew, glad I got that off my chest.

I tried to clear that up earlier at least in regards to me. I've listed a dollar value as a value of the item whether cash or trade. And your right about not counting your chickens before they are hatched :lol: Then again most of us have mutual trades going on to balance the books and if someone signs up for something with a dollar value and they have no trades to offer... then I would assume cash. Pretty much the same thing at the last swap (w/o the swap site) and it worked out pretty well for everyone.

I'll definitely bring cash though for unexpected things like the treasure trove of stuff zooqi had last time and other last minute goodies.