PDA

View Full Version : North Central PA Aquarium Reef Society Feb. Meeting Date and Frag List

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Tagamet
01/28/2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by holeinone1972
Is the frag site very slow all of the sudden, or is it just me?
Rob
I am on cable.

Yeah, it's VERY slow, or slower. Timing out, in fact.
Tagamet

JonK
01/28/2004, 02:20 PM
The site does slow/freeze up at certain times. Fizz says it's his host so there is really nothing he can do. Just have to keep trying. I'm on cable too.

Jon

JonK
01/28/2004, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by J19M
I went here and tried to sign up http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars but I couldnt get it to work. I was thinking of coming but dont even have a tank up yet. Just looking for ideas.

It might be because the site is running very slow right now. Your welcome to come...meet some people in your area and see what's out there for when you set you tank up. I'm in the Lehigh Valley so I would always be pretty close for frags.

Jon

J19M
01/28/2004, 02:24 PM
Thanks. I actually live in Bear Creek just outside of Wilkes-Barre so that is not far at all really. I will try to get in latter again.

carribeanlovers
01/28/2004, 02:37 PM
It was slow for mee too. Seems to be working now:)

holeinone1972
01/28/2004, 03:29 PM
Beerman, I used up the 2 conchs I presently have.

I should have more for the swap. You are #1 on list.

If anyone else wants a fighting conch, request 1, and I hope to have in time for the swap.

Rob

Tagamet
01/28/2004, 03:52 PM
Thanks. I actually live in Bear Creek just outside of Wilkes-Barre so that is not far at all really. I will try to get in latter again.

You do NOT want to miss this swap! Great corals, good food, adequate people (jk). Seriously, a really LARGE sespool of information on reefkeeping, all in one spot. Geez, I out to go into advertising ...
Hope to see you there.
Tagamet

bmkindig
01/28/2004, 03:54 PM
hey rob i know you got my pm but you hear about the black percula's yet.
brad

TomH
01/28/2004, 03:56 PM

ps, If there is something you wish for and do not see it listed on the site currently, please email me as soon as possible, as I hope to get another order or two in before the swap. This goes especially for any items that www.orafarm.com sells, such as black and white false percs.

Rob,

Will you be getting any zoas in from ORA?

Tom

holeinone1972
01/28/2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by TomH
Rob,

Will you be getting any zoas in from ORA?

Tom

I hope. They suck anymore, I used to be able to get as many as I liked. Now 3 is the max for zoo's. Blech

B+W percs should be no issue. I plan on ordering them.

Rob

nixnutz
01/28/2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by godlyme
is there anyway some fellow reefers can scrape me some of their colorfull coraline (sp) algae.. i many have dark /light purple in my tank. i would love to add some more colors.... ive read if u place some scraping through a powerhead it could spread spores and seed the tank plz let me know?
green yellow pink?

Hey godlyme...I got some pink in my tank. I'll scrape some off and have it for you at the swap. I might even be able to find a small live rock with some on it.

Rahn

BTW...for those of you wondering...I didn't get banned. Just keeping a low profile.. :)

JonK
01/28/2004, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by nixnutz
BTW...for those of you wondering...I didn't get banned. Just keeping a low profile.. :)

I was wondering why we only had a few posts in the past couple days. I'm sure you can come out from behind your tank now.:strooper:

First the spam can now this. Are you sure your a reformed activist? :lol:

Jon

BTW, posted a couple more items(1 new one and 1 updated)

nixnutz
01/28/2004, 08:35 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi I'm Rahn and I'm an activist. It's been 1 month since I last protested anything..... :rolleye1:

Thanx Jon. :mad: I think I behaved very well. :D It took everything I had not to comment, but I have realized that commenting here makes you a target, so I kept my mouth shut. I did converse via PM with a mod during it all and, I must say, I respect him even more than I did before. He is a model of what moderators on a forum should be. Thanks again to this particular individual! You knows who you are. (ay?)

Back to the subject... Swap time is 11 days away. Keep your eyes peeled for some more frags. The recent meetings with members and exchanging their frags early, have left me with space and time to MAKE SOME MORE!! :) :)

For those of you that don't know, Milli has been banned from RC. If you would like to know where to find him, PM or email me and I'll get you touch with him.

Can't wait for the 8th!!

Rahn

Tagamet
01/28/2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by nixnutz
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi I'm Rahn and I'm an activist. It's been 1 month since I last protested anything..... :rolleye1:

Rahn

Not really, it just seems that way (lol). I guess I missed all the fireworks. Not altogether a bad thing, I guess. I did catch up with millesec, so I guess I won't lose out on his expertise, or freindship.

On a positive note, my SPS tank really seems to be starting to come around now that I've been adding kalk pretty heavily. Once the CA reactor gets here and dialed in, I'm really hoping that they'll take off in a serious way. BOY, wait until the NEXT swap!(LOL).
Hey, ByTOr, don't sell off all that efflo! Once I get the tank where it presents significantly more promise (and I save up some sheckels), I'll be knocking on your door (g).
Tagamet

nixnutz
01/28/2004, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by Tagamet
Not really, it just seems that way (lol). I guess I missed all the fireworks. Not altogether a bad thing, I guess. I did catch up with millesec, so I guess I won't lose out on his expertise, or freindship.

On a positive note, my SPS tank really seems to be starting to come around now that I've been adding kalk pretty heavily. Once the CA reactor gets here and dialed in, I'm really hoping that they'll take off in a serious way. BOY, wait until the NEXT swap!(LOL).
Hey, ByTOr, don't sell off all that efflo! Once I get the tank where it presents significantly more promise (and I save up some sheckels), I'll be knocking on your door (g).
Tagamet

Be glad you missed the fireworks. The insults and disrespect displayed by both sides was pretty bad.

Glad to hear the tank is doing well. Speaking of the next swap.... :lol: ...I hear Lock Haven is beautiful in April. Maybe we should get through this one first. You and Brad may not survive the assignment I gave you :D .

Don't knock on ByTor's door...just go in and grab it. One time I went to Lock Haven with Brad and...oops...nevermind.

Rahn

carribeanlovers
01/28/2004, 10:41 PM
Would you guys be willing to come down our way for a swap? I might have two places we could hold a meeting.

Tagamet
01/28/2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by carribeanlovers
Would you guys be willing to come down our way for a swap? I might have two places we could hold a meeting.

The location says "Pennsylvania". That qualities!
JMO,
Tagamet

carribeanlovers
01/28/2004, 10:50 PM
That's what I figured but just checking :)

holeinone1972
01/28/2004, 11:02 PM
I will be holding a swap, picnic either end of april or by mid may I hope.

I sure hope some of you will make the trip.

Rob

nixnutz
01/28/2004, 11:06 PM
The location says "Pennsylvania". That qualities!
JMO,
Tagamet

It could say just about any state and tag would make the trip. :lol: He drove four hours for a damsel two weeks ago (g) ...OK, maybe it was more than a damsel... :)

Rob--count me in! I'll meet Tag and we can carpool...right tag?

Rahn

BTW...I posted a new thread for additional swap info:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=308119

Check it out and let me know what I missed.

Rahn

Tagamet
01/28/2004, 11:20 PM
I will be holding a swap, picnic either end of april or by mid may I hope.
I sure hope some of you will make the trip.
Rob

We're lobbying for a Saturday and a key check at the door...
Tagamet

nixnutz
01/28/2004, 11:40 PM
Your PM box is full.

Rahn

Mal3
01/28/2004, 11:42 PM
BTW...I posted a new thread for additional swap info:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showt...threadid=308119

Check it out and let me know what I missed.

Rahn

Rahn, Glad to see you did not get booted. Great Job on the info. We are getting close. We are up to 73 attending and page 41! Wooow

Fizz71
01/28/2004, 11:44 PM
Yeah, it's VERY slow, or slower. Timing out, in fact.
Tagamet

It's part host and part code. The site was done really quick so I didn't get too effecient with the database access. That trades page does an AWFULL lot of accessing the database. Next time around I'll have it broken on pages, so it will APPEAR to be faster because each page will load faster, but in essence it will be slow because it will take longer to hit EVERY page.

Everytime you "request" a frag it completely loads that page again too...so breaking into pages will do that one better as well.

But it is part host too because I run the site on my local server and it's pretty darn quick. So it has alot to do with how much action their server is receiving at the time.

Sorry folks..that's what happens when "quick and dirty" gets heavly used!!! :)

--Fizz

nixnutz
01/28/2004, 11:46 PM
Good to see you on Sunday. How are the frags?

I hope I didn't miss anything over in that other thread. Please let me know if I did.

Rahn

BTW...I'm glad I didn't get booted too....deep breaths.... :lol:

bmkindig
01/28/2004, 11:50 PM
hey rahn
i thought the lock haven trip was a secret!!!
yes after this swap i was thinking of talking the wife into haveing a swap here it will get the philly and nj crew into our mix.and the pittsburg crew can fly into the abe airport (lehigh international)which is like 3 miles away.
brad the tank rapist

nixnutz
01/28/2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by bmkindig
hey rahn
i thought the lock haven trip was a secret!!!
yes after this swap i was thinking of talking the wife into haveing a swap here it will get the philly and nj crew into our mix.and the pittsburg crew can fly into the abe airport (lehigh international)which is like 3 miles away.
brad the tank rapist

Shhh...it is a secret. ;) The get together sounds like a plan. We can all descend on Todd's at once...he'll love that!

How many sponsors do you have in hand? Don't post their names, just give me a number or PM me the specific info.

Rahn

Tagamet
01/29/2004, 12:09 AM

...after this swap i was thinking of talking the wife into haveing a swap .....

Ok, I'll trade you my wife......
But I still won't let you alone with my tanks.
Tagamet

nixnutz
01/29/2004, 12:10 AM
Ok, I'll trade you my wife......
But I still won't let you alone with my tanks.
Tagamet

No he didn't!

Rahn

carribeanlovers
01/29/2004, 12:12 AM
LOL - I guess I can't trade my husband unless someone is a little "funny"

bmkindig
01/29/2004, 12:19 AM
hey tag is she cute???
ooopps sorry ranh i posted in the other thread atfer i made my last post i'll see if i can edit quickly
brad

Tagamet
01/29/2004, 12:22 AM
hey tag is she cute???

brad

Being married to me for 31 years would wear on anyone. Geez, for murder the sentence is only 25 years.....
Tagamet

bmkindig
01/29/2004, 12:24 AM
hey rahn
edited

hey tag now that i'm up to speed on my assignment for the swap it's time for us to come up with an evil plan!!!!
should we start bye raffling off rahn's tanks ssshhhh it's a secret!!
later
brad

bmkindig
01/29/2004, 12:25 AM
tag lol

nixnutz
01/29/2004, 12:33 AM

I guess it depends what you're trading him for. ;)

Rahn

carribeanlovers
01/29/2004, 12:38 AM
:D

Tagamet
01/29/2004, 12:54 AM

As the resident shrink, I find it interesting that it is you who have waded in with the idea of trading the male member (pun intended) of your maritial diad. I was under the impression that you were both involved in the hobby.....

Tagamet

71goalie
01/29/2004, 12:55 AM
thanks to brad (bmkindig) for showing us how to frag, we'll have some frags to offer up on the website. i have 2 Gorgonians, 2 small star polyp colonies, and a red polyp frag. i may also have some mushrooms if i get brave. i'll try and get them up on the site this weekend.

nixnutz
01/29/2004, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by 71goalie
thanks to brad (bmkindig) for showing us how to frag, we'll have some frags to offer up on the website. i have 2 Gorgonians, 2 small star polyp colonies, and a red polyp frag. i may also have some mushrooms if i get brave. i'll try and get them up on the site this weekend.

Good luck Doug! Show no mercy...right Tag? ;)

Rahn

carribeanlovers
01/29/2004, 01:05 AM
tag - we are both in the hobby but I'm running out of stuff to trade LOL :D

Tagamet
01/29/2004, 01:08 AM
tag - we are both in the hobby but I'm running out of stuff to trade LOL :D

Ah, the beauty of renewable resouces...

I'm turning in. It's been a tough 48 hours.

L8R
Tagamet

bmkindig
01/29/2004, 01:16 AM
hey doug
your welcome!
anytime you want your welcome here just tell mrs. k not to wear the dog sweatshirt agian.lol
whats wrong with listing now?your online anyway just hit the my listings button and it will show you a button to hit to list a new trade.peice of cake
thanks for the pics!!! i have new wallpaper on my desktop now guess which 1
be brave with the mushrooms i want 1!!!!!!!the red speckled
hell there's enough on that rock to take the chance anyway,and thats part of the learning.once you've done one the rest is easy hell my wife evenhas started fragging things so she gets thing in her tank that way.
brad

nixnutz
01/29/2004, 01:16 AM
I added two items to the swap site!

Rahn

Mal3
01/29/2004, 06:58 AM
Rahn Thanks for the frags. They are doing ok, except the colt. I tied the colt down on a rock and it got loose and drifted off. Who knows where it is in the tank. I guess it will attach where ever it landed.

Mal

nixnutz
01/29/2004, 10:48 AM
Those things make me crazy! They're really cool when they attach, but they're so dang slippery!!!

Rahn

beerman0831
01/29/2004, 11:07 AM
Hey Brad you have a PM.

bmkindig
01/29/2004, 01:47 PM
no accually ken you have mail
brad

JonK
01/29/2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Mal3
Rahn Thanks for the frags. They are doing ok, except the colt. I tied the colt down on a rock and it got loose and drifted off. Who knows where it is in the tank. I guess it will attach where ever it landed.

Mal

I guess Rahn's colt corals don't like to be stabbed and sewn to a rock. Mine did the same thing. I found it a couple days later behind the huge toadstool leather. It is opening up nicely but I have to look at it from behind the tank. I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I'm trying to get a colt to attach in my tank. Pretty soon I'm going to get out the staple gun.:smokin:

Jon

holeinone1972
01/29/2004, 03:21 PM
Colts, are a pain for this reason. It is like trying to mold snot.

And that is not fun, and I am snot kidding. LOL

I used plastic zip ties before with fair luck. After zipping the snot to a rock, I would pile a few extra rocks around, and after ever, it finally attaches. Usually.

Rob

Tagamet
01/29/2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by JonK
.. I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I'm trying to get a colt to attach in my tank. Pretty soon I'm going to get out the staple gun.:smokin:

Jon

Two words: "Nylon Staples"

Tagamet

yellowtruck75
01/29/2004, 03:35 PM
I have great succes with sewing colt frags to a piece of rubble with fishing line and just sew it several times around the base and after a week or two remove the line.

71goalie
01/29/2004, 09:39 PM
i have a bunch of mushrooms that are ready for fragging, but i can't have them laying around my tank for my sea urchin to pickup. can i get a clear container and poke holes in it to contain the mushrooms?

now i need a frag tank (Tag, just let the 46 go!!! :D )

BobCReef
01/29/2004, 09:53 PM
hey guys. will there be a snow date if the weather is bad. not wishing any bad luck on anybody but...

bob

Tagamet
01/29/2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by BobCReef
hey guys. will there be a snow date if the weather is bad. not wishing any bad luck on anybody but...
bob

Not to worry. The weather doesn't get bad in PA.
Tagamet

Tagamet
01/29/2004, 10:26 PM
i have a bunch of mushrooms that are ready for fragging, but i can't have them laying around my tank for my sea urchin to pickup. can i get a clear container and poke holes in it to contain the mushrooms?
now i need a frag tank (Tag, just let the 46 go!!! :D )

I'm still nursing the elbow wounds in my ribs from you wife. SURE I'll let the 46 go (NOT).

I've used a hang on back filter from a freshwater tank and drilled it with as many 1/4 inch holes as I could manage. I put a quarter inch of crushed gravel in the bottom and hung it on the front of the tank with a power head blowing at the narrow side of the hang on container. This has the advantage of using the system water and lights instead of trying to keep a small tank stable. Once the pieces are attached to even a single grain of gravel, that can be glued to a shell or bigger piece of LR.
There are a couple of tanks on the swap site nobody's claimed (of course , none are as nice as that 46 gallon bowfront.... (lol)
Tagamet

Mal3
01/29/2004, 11:26 PM
I tried using fishing line for my colt and it still got away.

Hay, we are up to 75 for the swap. -- Page 43 too!

I think a snow date is a good Idea, just to chase away the snow gods! How about the next Sunday 2/16 if it snows?

71goalie
01/29/2004, 11:30 PM
please don't make it that date - it's the daytona 500!!! (my super bowl) :D

Tagamet
01/29/2004, 11:32 PM
it's the daytona 500!!! :D

Is that an address, or something? (jk!)
Tagamet

Mal3
01/29/2004, 11:36 PM
I guess it depends on when the fire hall is available.

beerman0831
01/30/2004, 01:41 AM
That would have to be a ? answered by Rahn.Hope he knows better than to make it for Daytona week.:)

yellowtruck75
01/30/2004, 07:23 AM
If the meeting had to be scheduled for the Sunday after then count me out. Its the 500 woohoo

Fizz71
01/30/2004, 09:28 AM
It's a frigin' race people....oooh...let's watch the little cars go round and round and hope somebody crashes!!! But I hope they dont get hurt! :) ...I guess I just dont get it. :) ..and before you make any comments..I don't care about the Super Bowl EITHER...except to see if I win any money in the points pool and to eat the homemade chilli from our company's annual chilli cook-off...which I'm smelling right now since my cube is next to the meeting room we hold it in. :)

Hopefully the weather will play nice..but if not..Rahn has to make the descision since the hall's availability is kind of important. :)

--Fizz

(gee...I wonder what kind of comments I'll get from this post. :) )

Bill King
01/30/2004, 10:10 AM
Couldn't agree more Fizz
Go fast turn left......whats so great about that?

JK kinda
Bill

CherryCat
01/30/2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Bill King
Couldn't agree more Fizz
Go fast turn left......whats so great about that?

JK kinda
Bill

is it an actual turn?? i always thought it was more of "fade" in that direction ... ;)

jc

(j/k folks!!)

holeinone1972
01/30/2004, 10:27 AM
No snow! No snow! No snow!

If I see anything white and powdery that day, it better be a controlled substance.

LOL

Ok Just kidding.

No I don't want a rock.

J19M
01/30/2004, 10:28 AM
As long as we are off subject..... I dont like NASCAR because I live right down the road from the Pocono Speedway so for 2 weekends in the summer I cant leave the house with out getting stuck in MAJOR traffic. On the other hand my 3 year old son LOVES to watch it on TV.

Hey to each there own.

Fizz71
01/30/2004, 10:49 AM
To get kind of back on subject...I need to go to TFP today so if anybody needs anything that they don't want shipped (like salt) please let me know before 5pm today and I'll pick it up for you. I already have one 160g salt mix on my "trades" that somebody has requested, but if folks want more..let me know via PM..then I'll buy it and add it to the site...but I don't want to add it to the site just to remove it in 6 hours.

--Fizz

J19M
01/30/2004, 10:56 AM
Is TFP .... That Fish Place?

If so I am jealous that you life close enough to go whenever you please. Then again look how much money I save by not going every week.

yellowtruck75
01/30/2004, 11:00 AM
Fizz71
doesn't salt come in 200 gallon buckets not 160? Or did you take some out LOL:)

Tagamet
01/30/2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by yellowtruck75
Fizz71
doesn't salt come in 200 gallon buckets not 160? Or did you take some out LOL:)

They just recenmtly started packaging it in smaller containers. A lot like the "half gallons" of ice cream that are less than a half gallon.
Tagamet
(AND he took some out *wink*)

Fizz71
01/30/2004, 11:10 AM
I don't remember if Instant Ocean was 200 before or not..it might have only been 180..but I DO know that they reduced the size in the last few months. The largest IO they sell now is 160. The sad thing is that the price didn't change much. They still sell (I think) 200g mix of reef crystals and there are others that sell in 200g amounts..but not IO anymore. :(

--Fizz

yellowtruck75
01/30/2004, 01:08 PM
those bastards

71goalie
01/30/2004, 06:00 PM
packaging...

i have (2) styrofoam boxes that i got when i bought stuff from something fishy. i plan on bringing these to the meeting. are these sufficient to keep the frags in until i get home? how does everyone else transport?

Tagamet
01/30/2004, 06:15 PM
packaging...

i have (2) styrofoam boxes that i got when i bought stuff from something fishy. i plan on bringing these to the meeting. are these sufficient to keep the frags in until i get home? how does everyone else transport? I've used those before but more often an ice chest. Just put the Bags 'O Frags in the chest. They'll be fine for hours.
HTH,
Tagamet

bob124578
01/30/2004, 06:49 PM
Snow dates????? Come on people this is Pennsylvania and you scheduled this for February. I was going to come via rt 61 since I've been to Hawk Mountain Sanctuary and know the drive. It's most of the way there. Anyway, the Interstates will be fine. Please do not reschedule this event. The mere suggestion could create mass chaos. People are already confused! LOL

And if you haven't been, you really should check out the sanctuary. People come from around the world to see it - no lie. http://www.hawkmountain.org/default.shtml

And a word about Bumblebee snails. I have kept them in a very large and very deep sandbed with Certh, Nassarius, Nerite and other snails for over 18 months. I do not find empty shells. They are not predators. If someone has had a different experience, I'd like to hear it. These snails eat dead things and debris. There is not much info about them available but I have personal experience with these snails. :o)

JonK
01/30/2004, 07:49 PM
We don't need a snow date!!! Besides the weather channel website says it's supposed to be sunny that day. I know they can't forecast 2 days in advance but I'm willing to gamble on that one.

Jon

Bill King
01/30/2004, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Fizz71
I don't remember if Instant Ocean was 200 before or not..it might have only been 180..but I DO know that they reduced the size in the last few months. The largest IO they sell now is 160. The sad thing is that the price didn't change much. They still sell (I think) 200g mix of reef crystals and there are others that sell in 200g amounts..but not IO anymore. :(

--Fizz

I just got I/O salt at my regular place in Greensburg. They had some of the 200 gal buckets left. The new bucket contains 160 gal. salt mix, for the same price as the old 200. BUT , there is available a 200 gal "comercial" size, in a box instead of the bucket for the original price. Go figure.
Good luck
Bill

bmkindig
01/30/2004, 10:09 PM
hey guys
i thought we were fragging crazy anyway ,drive in the snow if it comes i know for a fact rahn and tag have!!!!!!!!!!

i have a question here isn't reef crystals made by aquarium systems the same as instant ocean? why would they only change the packing of i.o. ???????????

Mal3
01/30/2004, 11:54 PM
Hay guys, I just found out he news. Nixnutz was banned from RC today. He was not even on the site. I do not know why. I have asked the Mods in another thread. It has something to do with the zoo site and the banning of millsec and some others a few days ago.

I wanted to let you know because of the swap.

CAUTION - - Lets not start anything now. Just keep on fragging and save any discussion for the swap. We do not want to have any problems with RC now.

We will have to rely on Bytor to keep us up to date on the details, since he is the only host of the swap left on RC.

beerman0831
01/30/2004, 11:56 PM
If you need to get a hold of nixnutz just get a hold of me and I will relay the message.And Mal3 I will keep everyone updated.I talk with nix alot on the phone.Any questions just pm me and I will relay them.

Mal3
01/31/2004, 12:03 AM
beerman0831

That is good to know. I was wondering if nixnutz would be updating the to do list for the swap.

Sorry to hear he is banned.

beerman0831
01/31/2004, 12:06 AM
If you want to pm him he is on a new forum.I don`t think it would be in my best intrest to post the name so pm me if you or anyone want to join the new forum.

bmkindig
01/31/2004, 12:07 AM
hey guys
whats going on with people getting banned?
is someone out to get our club?

brad

beerman0831
01/31/2004, 12:09 AM
Seems that way doesn`t it.I`m not sure what happened with nix yet because I just got home from work but I will call him tomorrow and find out.

beerman0831
01/31/2004, 12:12 AM
We also have our own forum for ncpars.Caribbean_Lovers and nix and milli are all on this new forum.

Mal3
01/31/2004, 12:15 AM
Brad - I do not believe this has anything to do with our club.

beerman0831 - I got an email from nix today, and he does not know why he was banned. I asked RC but they are not talking. So lets move on.

I can't wait for the swap.

We are up to 77 for the swap ---- and page 44 too!

beerman0831
01/31/2004, 12:17 AM
Yes I agree lets move on to the swap.Only 6 pages to go to 50 :)

Mal3
01/31/2004, 12:18 AM
beerman0831 - you got PM

beerman0831
01/31/2004, 12:19 AM
Hey Mal your box is full.

beerman0831
01/31/2004, 12:22 AM
Mal I`ll send it to you tomorrow.I have to go to bed now.Your pm box is full.
Ken

Mal3
01/31/2004, 01:50 AM
Ken, I cleaned out my PM box. Send again please

Mal3
01/31/2004, 10:05 AM
We are up to 120 members on our NCPARS site. That is great! What a meeting it would be if we could get all of us together. Possibly, the spring meeting?!

Mal3
01/31/2004, 12:34 PM
When I posted a frag of my avitar (Spaghetti Leather) on the swap site, two prople had requested it but there was only one at the time. I have made another if that person wants it, but I do not remember who it was.

Whoever it was, let me know if you still want it, or I will just put it there for anyone.

beerman0831
01/31/2004, 01:21 PM
Mal you have pm

Mal3
01/31/2004, 04:25 PM
Beerman - Thanks I got the PM

Mal3
01/31/2004, 04:55 PM
I posted some of these

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=24759

JonK
01/31/2004, 05:01 PM
That's a neat leather Mal, I requested one!!

Jon

Mal3
01/31/2004, 05:08 PM
Jon, you got it.

I can make more if I have requests. This leather is really getting large.

JonK
01/31/2004, 06:33 PM
Does anyone have any Stomatella snails for trade? Or does anyone know where they can be purchased. I had a couple when I first set my tank up and I'm trying to get some more.

Thanks,

Jon

beerman0831
01/31/2004, 06:36 PM
No I don`t know where to get them but if you find out let me know because I would like some too.

beerman0831
01/31/2004, 06:36 PM
And most people in this forum have PMs

JonK
01/31/2004, 06:42 PM
Inland Aquatics has them. 2.50 a snail. Unless there are a bunch of people willing to go in and get them shipped it wouldn't be worth it. I was thinking 5 snails to start. Hopefully we can find a local source they are supposed to breed pretty readily in our systems.

Jon

bob124578
01/31/2004, 06:49 PM
holeinone offered them 15 for 15 but sold out. PM him, maybe he can get more.

JonK
01/31/2004, 06:58 PM
Bob,

Thanks!!! I PM'd him. Hopefully he can scrounge up a few more.

Thanks again!!

Jon

bob124578
01/31/2004, 07:01 PM
No problem Jon -- now how do I convince you that Nassarius and Bumblebee's are better? LOL

picassomike
01/31/2004, 08:24 PM
Does anyone have any Stomatella snails for trade?

I got some.Almost all there shells are encrusted with pink coralline.Yes they do breed rapidly,just wish I could get them to quit laying there egg sacks on my front glass.

Mike

Mal3
01/31/2004, 09:04 PM
What is so great about the Stomatella snails?

Mike, you say they reproduce. How often and how fast?

JonK
01/31/2004, 09:35 PM
Mal,

They are neat snails....they are almost slug like with only a little shell on the middle of their bodies. The do reproduce in our tanks that is the main reason I am looking for them. I have those strombus snails from IPSF and they have been reproducing well and I'm looking for these stomatella.

Mike..are we talking about the same snail? I think stomatella broadcast spawn. I have the strombus that lay eggs on the glass in tiny sacs. The larvae develop in the sac and there is no planktonic stage. If you have the stomatella though and Rob from ECC can't get me any I'd like to get them from you.

Thanks,
Jon

_ShotgunShrimp_
01/31/2004, 10:13 PM
well at this point i hope winter lets up for a while.. id really like to make it to this swap!!!!

Tagamet
01/31/2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by _ShotgunShrimp_
well at this point i hope winter lets up for a while.. id really like to make it to this swap!!!!

Your lips to God's ears! (But I still hear we're getting a foot or two of snow Monday into Tuesday (sigh). Plenty of time for it to be cleared before the swap!
Tagamet

Mal3
01/31/2004, 10:24 PM
Jon,

Those snails sound pretty good. I could go for a few of them too.

JonK
01/31/2004, 11:01 PM
Your lips to God's ears! (But I still hear we're getting a foot or two of snow Monday into Tuesday (sigh). Plenty of time for it to be cleared before the swap!
Tagamet

Whatever happened to global warming?? I could use a little of that right now.

yellowtruck75
01/31/2004, 11:10 PM
Hey Tag
I hope we get a foot or so of snow so i can have a 4 day weekend agian :)

Tagamet
01/31/2004, 11:16 PM
Hey Tag
I hope we get a foot or so of snow so i can have a 4 day weekend agian :)

Now they just get added on to my school year, so it's pay me now, or pay me later. There's not enough snow up there (points skyward) to keep me from the swap meet. Period.

Tagamet

Tagamet
01/31/2004, 11:18 PM
Over 10.5 THOUSAND views of this thread alone. Amazing.
Tagamet

Mal3
01/31/2004, 11:39 PM
Tag, That is amazing. I wonder what is the graatest number of views of a thread on RC? (not counting the closed zoo thread) lol

V-10Power
02/01/2004, 12:27 AM
Would someone please post the meeting start and close times.

Many thanks,

Kirk

Tagamet
02/01/2004, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by V-10Power
Would someone please post the meeting start and close times.

Many thanks,
Kirk

noon

JonK
02/01/2004, 10:24 AM
Hey guys,

Rob at ECC is getting me the stomatella snails. Thanks for helping me out. Thanks again Rob.

Jon

beerman0831
02/01/2004, 12:06 PM
Hey Tag you have an email.

Tagamet
02/01/2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by beerman0831
Hey Tag you have an email.

Danke'
Tagamet

Tagamet
02/01/2004, 06:35 PM
GO EAGLES !!!

beerman0831
02/01/2004, 07:36 PM
LMOA .

Tagamet
02/01/2004, 07:59 PM
LMOA .

Laughing My Orifice Away?

sixpackrt
02/01/2004, 10:02 PM
oh boy i miss all the fun when im gone
im sick for a week and all hell breaks loose

Ron

Fizz71
02/01/2004, 10:48 PM
Yes..it's been rediculous on here..I fear some folks at RC are doing a very good job of inadventantly destroying our little group. Atleast everything for the frag swap next sunday is pretty locked up so we all know what's expected of us--that should go just fine.

I'm looking forward to actually KNOWING most of the folks up there this time. The last meeting I went to I didn't know a whole lot of people and there were just too many folks to figure out!

--Fizz

Edit...Welcome to page 46. :)

Mal3
02/01/2004, 11:05 PM
Someone asked the start and end time for the swap. It starts at about noon and goes until we all go home.

Fizz - I read your post on the other thread. I agree with you, but it will not help. We need to have a meeting at the swap about this to discuss what we want to do going forward. It is difficult to do this without all of the members being connected.

I do not think we should discuss it here on RC any more. Send me a PM or an email. I think you have my email address.

Hay we are up to page 46! And 77 attending the swap! Keep it going!

Congrats to the PATS. It was a very good game . Both teams played well and it was a shame one had to loose.

I would have enjoyed the EAGLES winning it better. Oh Well!

Only 7 days left to go!!!

Tagamet
02/02/2004, 12:09 AM

I do not think we should discuss it here on RC any more. Send me a PM or an email. I think you have my email address.

I think it best to either use *direct* email, or wait until the swap to discuss any of this. I don't think it's a good idea to share by RC PM's, other websites, or RC email.
JMO,
Tagamet

zooqi
02/02/2004, 02:01 AM
We are going to have many people at this meeting and is looking good so far. cool.. weather looking good so far....

Fizz71
02/02/2004, 08:15 AM
They've downgraded the lastest "winter emergency" to less than an inch of accumulation near me so the weather is cooperating nicely for now even if the weathermen weren't there for a while. :)

As for the post, I wasn't planning on dignifying the last insulting reply and I'm just going to let it drop. Rahn is trying to work things out with the appropriate people, we'll just have to see what happens. I hope we don't have to take our group elsewhere because I think it will hurt us greatly...or atleast hurt our abillity to grow.

As for the game...heh...I heard the patriots won...yippee...although all I keep hearing about is Jackson's boob. Gee...I'm so sorry I missed the game. :)

I was hoping to actually have a frag to trade this time, but my RO overflow incident has damaged the coral I had fragged...it figures..it's the ONLY thing that got damaged by the incident.

I also need to hear from whomever asked me for SD sand..I accidentally deleted the PM when I was housecleaning. I fear it may be one of our dearly departed and I'm having trouble registering on the "alternate" site...could somebody please ask CL if she or somebody else over there still needs sand. If the person is still here please PM me again..I forgot how much was wanted too. I knew I should have put it up on the trade site. Oh well.

--Fizz

Tagamet
02/02/2004, 01:53 PM

...I also need to hear from whomever asked me for SD sand..I accidentally deleted the PM when I was housecleaning. I fear it may be one of our dearly departed and I'm having trouble registering on the "alternate" site...could somebody please ask CL if she or somebody else over there still needs sand...
--Fizz

Fizz, it was CL that needs the Southdown sand.
Tagamet

J19M
02/02/2004, 01:55 PM
No Eagles = No Superbowl. Hasnt been one in a long time for me.

Good halftime entertainment though. See you in 6 days.

Fizz71
02/02/2004, 02:29 PM
Tagamet

I still haven't received my validation email from the site where she's at so I can't get to her...can you ask? or somebody?

I'll either have to wait a bit and try again, or use a different name because I can't even do my name again because 'it already exists'.

--Fizz

Tagamet
02/02/2004, 02:52 PM
Tagamet

They need 6 bags.
Tagamet

Fizz71
02/02/2004, 02:58 PM
Ok.

Thanks.

Tagamet
02/02/2004, 11:06 PM
At a lot of the club's meetings I've visited, they sell chances for a buck a throw and members bring frags or colonies to raffle off. Sometimes they have merchandise as well. They put a plastic cup by each item and people put as many chances as they'd like in the cups of their choice. One ticket is drawn from each cup to determine who wins what. The money then goes to the club for whatever it wants, like speakers, or school projects, whatever. Maybe instead of ALL door prizes, some of the stuff could be handled this way? Personally, I'd still like to see a couple door prizes just for people who take the time to attend. People who bring a spouse ought to get credit for dragging them along (g), but not for simply being prolific (read kids). Kids are their own punishm..., er, reward.
What do others think?
Tagamet

yellowtruck75
02/02/2004, 11:09 PM
sounds like a chinesse auction... good idea Tag

Tagamet
02/02/2004, 11:25 PM
sounds like a chinesse auction... good idea Tag

Thanks, BUT....(lol). Nix kinda "nixed" the idea because he and Mo had talked about it and since the door prizes were already set up the way they were, they would remain that way. The colonies would be raffled off though, and the idea would be discussed as a possibility for the next swap. Nix did suggest that people could still choose to donate frags with the express request that they be raffled off at this meet.
HTH,
Tagamet

bmkindig
02/02/2004, 11:32 PM
hey tag good idea about registering for each prize but selling chance i think can get to be a problem because then who gets the $$$$and will they use it for the club?for example i have a purple tang there cool but i won't like another 1.....
brad

Tagamet
02/02/2004, 11:47 PM
hey tag good idea about registering for each prize but selling chance i think can get to be a problem because then who gets the $$$$and will they use it for the club?for example i have a purple tang there cool but i won't like another 1.....
brad

The money would be handled like all the other clubs handle their money. The club has officers, including a treasurer, and common goals toward which the money is spent i.e. education of the members (speakers), school projects, etc. They also have, dare I say it, DUES. It's not too tough a concept. We could get a copy of any of the club's bylaws and model our club's after those.
Just a thought. We can discuss it prior to too much beer on Sunday.
Tagamet

bmkindig
02/02/2004, 11:53 PM
dues yucks i like the way the club is personally and i don't really want to be handling $ thats not mine. of course i play with $ at work and thats enough for me.
let's keep it free and beg for sponsors for prizes!!!!!!!!!!!
brad

Mal3
02/03/2004, 12:00 AM
I think the raffel is a great idea if we want to raise money.

I do not think we should do raffel prize by prize. How about we have a pool of several prizes. We can sell tickets at $1 each and let the winners pick what they want as their names are picked. First pick, first choice, etc. If we get everyone there to buy one ticket, that is $70 bucks. That will pay for something. People may want to donate items to raffel too. How much do we want to raise?

Another idea is to have dues. Or how about we ask each adult to give a $5 donation for the swap and that counts for the raffel for the door prizes. I think we can all afford $5. We can use the $ for club expenses, meetings or whatever. This may be better than the $1 tickets. If you do not pay the $5, then you are not in the raffel.

However, having money means keeping an account, etc. Do we want to do that?

bmkindig
02/03/2004, 12:07 AM
i'm againist raising $ for the club personally we are doing fine as is and i think it will drive peopleaway from the club. we are focused on donating time not $ and we have all experence levels here which is a great thing to add to the mix of reefers for support and advice!!!!
brad

Mal3
02/03/2004, 12:24 AM
The club is getting bigger. We have 120 members. We are getting beyond having meetings at people's houses. We are going to need to use places like the fire hall, etc. They usually want $ for rent. It gets old asking people to give free meeting places and the food too. It is enough that they give their time. Providing food and drinks for 75 people is costly.

I think we can all chip in for the meeting expenses. Having a little money is not a big deal and I think it would be good to have some club money to pay these costs. A door prize raffle is an easy way to accomplish this. I can see a meeting costing $200 to 350. If everyone pays $5, (70 * 5 = $350), that takes care of the food this time, and leaves some $ for the next meeting. Many people will win prizes for the money too.

A pretty good deal, after all.

I would like to hear what some other think.

Tagamet
02/03/2004, 12:30 AM
The club is getting bigger. We have 120 members. We are getting beyond having meetings at people's houses. We are going to need to use places like the fire hall, etc. They usually want $ for rent. It gets old asking people to give free meeting places and the food too. It is enough that they give their time. Providing food and drinks for 75 people is costly.
I think we can all chip in for the meeting expenses. Having a little money is not a big deal and I think it would be good to have some club money to pay these costs. A door prize raffle is an easy way to accomplish this. I can see a meeting costing $200 to 350. If everyone pays $5, (70 * 5 = $350), that takes care of the food this time, and leaves some $ for the next meeting. Many people will win prizes for the money too.
We could keep it in a paypal account.
A pretty good deal, after all.

I would like to hear what some other think.

Exactly.

Tagamet

bmkindig
02/03/2004, 12:31 AM
if we our talking about needed cash for the club to stay together i think people will leave the club(someelse chime in here)
and i think these meeting get so big because there well planned and there is like 3 months noice prior to the meeting. if it's the size or amout of people coming then maybe the solution is to have meetings more often with less notice.
brad

Tagamet
02/03/2004, 12:37 AM
if we our talking about needed cash for the club to stay together i think people will leave the club(someelse chime in here)
and i think these meeting get so big because there well planned and there is like 3 months noice prior to the meeting. if it's the size or amout of people coming then maybe the solution is to have meetings more often with less notice.
brad

Sorry, but this makes little or no sense to me. Having large, well run meetings and having fund raisers are not mutually exclusive activities. I seriously doubt that ANYONE would miss the swap it there were raffles there. Or even, God forbid, there was a $5 tab.
Tagamet

Tagamet
02/03/2004, 12:38 AM
'Night all.
Tagamet

bmkindig
02/03/2004, 12:42 AM
just my 2 cents
brad

Python73
02/03/2004, 12:49 AM
If you'll excuse 2 cents from the peanut gallery... organized meeting are a VERY good thing. The club having a board and a bank account is simply evolution at work. Raffles rule, EVERYONE likes them. I've never been to a fish event that had a raffle of any kind (even freshwater!) and not tossed down a ten spot. That money helps your clubs, which means that money helps your members.

Anyone who wouldn't kick in a $5 bill to come to an event like you are having really needs to rethink being in a very expensive hobby. And I'll back that up with my own $5 to the fire hall when I get there.

MTC.

By the way Tag et al... myself, Steve Pro and Adam Cesnales will be at the swap, if you want to grill us for some club info. Steve and Adam are the real resource, just adding myself to the list for self-esteem reasons. :)

Mal3
02/03/2004, 12:49 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

brad
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brad - We are talking about a little money to pay for the costs to have meetings, not to stay together. This is not a cheep hobby. Why would any of us leave the club over $5. That is less than the cost of a Frag! Come on Brad. No, the idea is not to get smaller either. The goal it to have fun, swap stuff and do it cheeper that the LFS so we can all do this hobby without going broke. I just think it is unfair to expect a member to have 75 people at their house for a meeting, feed them, and pay for it all.

Well ---- Unless you want to do it. (LOL) We can all come to your house. (LOL)

Mal3
02/03/2004, 12:51 AM
Well, this topic should chew up the last three pages. (LOL)

GO EAGLES!! (now I am really loosing it) LOL

Oh, Go Janet Jackson too!!

Fizz71
02/03/2004, 01:13 AM
Hey Mal..just keep in mind that news of my site has hit several other organizations so we have alot of people who logged in just to check it out. I don't think we can say all 120 are members.

As for the drawings...we could just do something like take $5 at the door to pay for the hall, then each person gets 10 tickets for any door prizes. I think it is a VERY good idea to let people pick the prizes they want to be a part of...I know it's too late for tommorrow, but next time. There are some things being raffled that I would rather see go to somebody else because I either already have it, or it's not it my "plan" like the purple tang. You don't want softie folks winning acros and acro folks winning big leathers! :)

Anyway..time for bed..

--Fizz

Tagamet
02/03/2004, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Python73

By the way Tag et al... myself, Steve Pro and Adam Cesnales will be at the swap, if you want to grill us for some club info. Steve and Adam are the real resource, just adding myself to the list for self-esteem reasons. :)

Thanks for the voice of experience, Sam. Great to hear that the terrible trio will be attending! I want all of you guy's SPS! (well as many as I can afford -- I guess that comes down to one each (g).
Thanks for making the long trek. We enjoy doing the same!
Tagamet

J19M
02/03/2004, 09:31 AM
I would be more than happy to chip in $5. As far as door prizes you can handle that any way you want but I would be quite disapointed winning something alive because I dont even have my tank up yet.

Just my 1 1/2 cents

J19M
02/03/2004, 12:00 PM
I started this thread about my new set up if you have any ideas please help out a newb.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=311455

Thanks.

beerman0831
02/03/2004, 12:03 PM
Link wont work.

Tagamet
02/03/2004, 12:03 PM
I'm really sorry I openned this can of worms about money issues. Like most of my screw-ups it was well intentioned, but not well thought out. Having slept on it (or tossed and turned on it), I feel very strongly that we should leave things as they were two days ago. Just erase any thought of "pay at the door" or "dues" or anything else fiscal. We'll have a great opportunity to talk all this through at the swap. Let's just all get back to dreaming about our new frags and the great get-together coming up!
Thanks,
Tagamet

Tagamet
02/03/2004, 12:08 PM
Link wont work.

You not only have to cut and paste it into the browser, you have to make sure the thread id matches, but you CAN get there from here.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.phps=&threadid=311455

HTH,
Tagamet

Tagamet
02/03/2004, 12:10 PM
You not only have to cut and paste it into the browser, you have to make sure the thread id matches, but you CAN get there from here.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.phps=&threadid=311455

HTH,
Tagamet

Akkkk, my link doesn't work but using his original one does if treated as I said above.
Tagamet
If all else fails, do a search based on his handle.
Tagamet

J19M
02/03/2004, 12:17 PM
Opps sorry about the the link. Not so Computer Savie here.

Thanks for fixing it.

Fizz71
02/03/2004, 12:23 PM
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=311455

Amatuers. :)

J19M
02/03/2004, 12:24 PM
oh ya total amature. Thanks

Tagamet
02/03/2004, 12:25 PM
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=311455

Amatuers. :)

LOL, so true. But, hey, I GOT there! I posted a response about the newB tank. Can you say the same? (heehee)
Tagamet

JonK
02/03/2004, 01:53 PM
J19M: There is a store up on Rt. 209 called One Fish, Two Fish. It's by Hilltop Drive In. I think it's Chesnuthill or Brodheadsville. Is that store actually up and running? I drive by it every Tues while making my deliveries and I don't think I've ever seen it open. If it is open do they carry anything for us reefers?

I'm open to the idea of having "dues" as part of the club and holding raffles. It would be great to get some cash together to get someone like Anthony Calfo to do presentations or something. JMO

Jon

J19M
02/03/2004, 01:55 PM
I actually live in Bear Creek so I dont get out to Broadheadsville too often. If it is open let me know I would love to go there and see.

JonK
02/03/2004, 02:08 PM
I'll have to try and find their phone number. Whenever I drive by it never looks open so I'm not even sure they are in business. If I hear anything I'll let you know. Thanks.

Jon

J19M
02/03/2004, 02:56 PM
ShotgunShrimp How much you want for your pump? PM or email me.

Thanks,

Jack

J19M
02/03/2004, 05:28 PM
Glad this snow is here today and not Suday. I am at about 8 inches and still falling hard.

Python73
02/03/2004, 05:33 PM
Ha! We are coming in the Expedition even if it snows a foot. On that note, I started posting my frags to the Fizzpage, but here is a page with all the pics up if you are curious.

http://users.zoominternet.net/~python73/ncparsindex.htm

S !

ByTor
02/03/2004, 07:23 PM
Hey guys, I have a bunch of you requesting this Acro http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/554/711jwsunknown.jpg

You will definately need to keep this under MH's 250 w min.

mind3d, didn't you get a frag of this at the last swap?

as for 71goalie and walter I'll see what I can frag for ya. I really only want to take 4 frags from this coral. We'll see what happens.

Tagamet
02/03/2004, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by ByTor
Hey guys, I have a bunch of you requesting this Acro http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/554/711jwsunknown.jpg

Simply gorgeous.

Tagamet

CherryCat
02/03/2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by ByTor

wow!!

jc

bmkindig
02/03/2004, 08:13 PM
hey tag
glad to see you woke up!!!!!
1)rahn said that we got the fire hall for free.
2)there is noone that is designated to a special chain of command i don't want say that one person be in charge of cash handling.or such big choices
3)there our plenty of people bringing food and stuff
4)do you charge friends and family to come over for a xmas/birthday party.
5)why should we charge poeple for a prize we didn't pay for!!!!!!
6)something like this should have been talked about months ago not days!!!

anyone else see my point!!!!!!!!!!
we can talk out details at the meet if others want this!!!!

thanks guys
brad

Tagamet
02/03/2004, 08:30 PM
I'm really sorry I openned this can of worms about money issues. Like most of my screw-ups it was well intentioned, but not well thought out. Having slept on it (or tossed and turned on it), I feel very strongly that we should leave things as they were two days ago. Just erase any thought of "pay at the door" or "dues" or anything else fiscal. We'll have a great opportunity to talk all this through at the swap. Let's just all get back to dreaming about our new frags and the great get-together coming up!
Thanks,
Tagamet

I posted this this morning. Did you miss it?
See you all Sunday.
Tagamet

bmkindig
02/03/2004, 08:44 PM
hey tag that is what i was replying to!!!!!
i just read it shortly before i posted that (that when i got home from work.
brad

Tagamet
02/03/2004, 08:49 PM
hey tag that is what i was replying to!!!!!
i just read it shortly before i posted that (that when i got home from work.
brad

If that reply is "waiting until the swap to talk about it" I'm the Pope.

Tagamet

bmkindig
02/03/2004, 09:11 PM
no tag lol
sorry
i got to learn have to attach stuff.
i was referring to the "can of worms" post when you woke up andthought about it
brad

Fizz71
02/03/2004, 10:44 PM
LOL, so true. But, hey, I GOT there! I posted a response about the newB tank. Can you say the same? (heehee)
Tagamet

I was just SO impressed by your response that I was just too awe-struck to put a response together. Ok..I didn't actually read it...but I was heading out the door to a meeting and had just stopped in for a "quicke". :)

--Fizz

Tagamet
02/03/2004, 10:54 PM
...but I was heading out the door to a meeting and had just stopped in for a "quicke". :)
--Fizz

I'm not going to touch that one....

Tagamet

Fizz71
02/03/2004, 10:56 PM
I hear you hear that alot?! :) JK I did reply since I had some time..I'm surprised he didn't have more responses.

--Fizz

J19M
02/03/2004, 10:59 PM
Thanks for the input guys. The more I "learn" the more I get confused!

Tagamet
02/03/2004, 11:22 PM
Thanks for the input guys. The more I "learn" the more I get confused!

That's actually comforting (I know, not to you). If you thought that you understood all this, you'd almost certainly be mistaken.(g)
Tagamet

Mal3
02/03/2004, 11:25 PM
J19M - We all felt that way when we started, and some of us still do!

zooqi
02/04/2004, 12:39 AM
We will be having a raffle at the meeting this coming Sunday
RAFFLE (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=311973)

Cool,,,

CherryCat
02/04/2004, 09:22 AM
i just added a couple of things to the site ...

jc

Fizz71
02/04/2004, 09:38 AM
We broke the 80 attendee mark today. And this post will probably take us to page 49..that should make Mal happy. :)

--Fizz

Edit...darn....almost.

J19M
02/04/2004, 09:42 AM
Ok 80 People.. I guess we will all need name tags. Will they have our RC names, Real names, or both?

I would advise both so I half a chance figurin out who everyone is.

Tagamet
02/04/2004, 09:45 AM
Ok 80 People.. I guess we will all need name tags. Will they have our RC names, Real names, or both?

I would advise both so I half a chance figurin out who everyone is.

If like the other swaps, they'll have both and after the last one, these will probably require a retinal scan (jk).
Tag(amet)

J19M
02/04/2004, 09:47 AM
You scared me. I didnt have my coffee and read that as Rectal.

Much better the second time I read it.

Tagamet
02/04/2004, 09:50 AM
You scared me. I didnt have my coffee and read that as Rectal.

Much better the second time I read it.

LOL, you mean I misspelled Rectal????

Tagamet

zooqi
02/04/2004, 09:59 AM
We usually have tags and those whol attend write thier name or RC name on it and put it on their shirt. Those who have RC then we put RC name and those who don't then they put the name they want people to know them for.

Hosts
R U Guys bringing the stickers..Is the best to get the plain sticker which makes it easy to read and color does not matter but stickness matters.

Fizz71
02/04/2004, 10:01 AM
Already done...(well...typed up but not printed)...they have your RC name, first name as registered on the frag site (or your preferred nick name) AND your RC avatar if you have one...and if you changed it recently, tough!. And for obvious reasons, yours won't be dancing Jack! :)

I bought the pin-on badges..It was the cheapest of the computer printout tags so don't anybody b*tch to me about holes in your clothes..you want fancy..give me $100, otherwise, wear a t-shirt. :) ...but I'll also have sticker tags for the significant or insignificant others that are registered but I don't have names for...as well as for walk-ins.

I'll also have a sign for each RC person that is trading that should be hanging on the wall somewhere when you get there. This way people trading with you can find you and also give you a place to stash your booty. Those who are buying only can just find a space that's left over.

When you walk in the door I'll have a table setup with the tags on it, sorted by your first names. I'll also have a printout or 2 of the trades page as of that morning sitting on the table or hanging somewhere...please leave them there. If you want your own copy, you're better of using that special button on the MyTrades page. If you don't have a printer, go buy one..just kidding..you can PM me.

See you there!

--Fizz

J19M
02/04/2004, 10:10 AM
Wow! Now that is what I call organized. Jeeze even my wife would be proud of that.

beerman0831
02/04/2004, 11:04 AM
Great job Fizz.

Tagamet
02/04/2004, 11:26 AM
Wow! Now that is what I call organized. Jeeze even my wife would be proud of that.

Now that's high praise!
Tagamet

godlyme
02/04/2004, 11:40 AM
sorry to bug everyone...but was still wondering if anyone had any coraline (sp) algae they could scrape? thanx once again anything is better than nothing

Tagamet
02/04/2004, 11:52 AM
sorry to bug everyone...but was still wondering if anyone had any coraline (sp) algae they could scrape? thanx once again anything is better than nothing

I wasn't ignoring your post, but you had specifically asked for colors *other than* purple. I've got plenty of purple on my 240's glass, some of which needs to be transferred to my "new" 120. If you want some of the purple, I can include it in one of the containers of stuff you're getting for the bowfront tank. If others DO have other colors, I'd be interested, too.
LMK,
Tagamet

bmkindig
02/04/2004, 12:16 PM
yeah we've been making fizz work his but off to get organized.
thanks fizz

ps fizz i don't have a functioning printer at this monent but i did buy 1 i'm waiting for a part tech support said the cable is bad i still think it's my antquie
brad

Fizz71
02/04/2004, 12:20 PM
Just PM me if anybody needs me to print it out. I think my ink supply is OK for a few. As for organization...I'm anal and I just want everything to go smooth, so I help out where I can.

--Fizz

71goalie
02/04/2004, 12:34 PM
i have a question. if i have stuff listed on the frag site and no one has requested it, should i still bring it?

nancysnuwave
02/04/2004, 12:36 PM
i have a question. if i have stuff listed on the frag site and no one has requested it, should i still bring it?

DITTO

Fizz71
02/04/2004, 12:49 PM
That was asked earlier and I would say the average answer is YES. Since there are some that might not have signed up for things, walkins, or other stragglers that may come along. At the last frag swap I was signed up for NOTHING so EVERYTHING I brought home was "extra".

I know depending how other trades go I might be interested in some stuff I never signed up for.

--Fizz

Tagamet
02/04/2004, 01:50 PM
That was asked earlier and I would say the average answer is YES. Since there are some that might not have signed up for things, walkins, or other stragglers that may come along. At the last frag swap I was signed up for NOTHING so EVERYTHING I brought home was "extra".

I know depending how other trades go I might be interested in some stuff I never signed up for.
--Fizz

While I think the odds are very good that any extra frags will be gobbled up, there may be some corals that would "protest" being uprooted, transported, and returned to your tank - and some wouldn't. For example, many of my pompom xenias are cheek to jowl on a basketball size rock. I'll be chipping them off and will basically be pretty much ruining that rock anyway. Chipping a few extras won't make much difference. I'd feel the same about 'Shrooms, because they are durable and can be tossed back in the tank pretty much anywhere. If I had an acropora colony (which I don't - yet), I'd definitely hesitate to break too many frags off, that were not already spoken for.
Since no one has requested my El CheapO brand aquarium stand, or the UV sterilizer, I wasn't planning on lugging them along.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Tagamet:D

yellowtruck75
02/04/2004, 02:19 PM
Same with me Tag I don't know about cutting more of my colt that was requested although those that did will get a huge chunk of it enough to be considered a colony in it self. With my xenia although there were no requests I will probly still bring some since they are growing on indivual rocks.

holeinone1972
02/04/2004, 03:39 PM
Just added a few killer frags. Pink birdsnest, and a GREEN BIRDSNEST.

A few others, and more to come.

bmkindig
02/04/2004, 04:38 PM
hey guys time to just the site i also just added stuff.
brad

godlyme
02/04/2004, 05:29 PM
ps also does anyone feel like splitting an order of bugs? i would love to add some mysis shrimp to my tank or other critters like the green pods but dont wanna pay that much..anyone feel like splitting? pm me =)

bmkindig
02/04/2004, 06:17 PM
godlyme you got pm
brad

TomH
02/04/2004, 07:12 PM
and a GREEN BIRDSNEST.

Wow~~!!!

That didn't take long to go, either (someone's got quick fingers!).

holeinone1972
02/04/2004, 07:34 PM
I kept one for me. I was real hesitant to even put it up, as I have never seen one before.

Very cool.

Rob

Tagamet
02/04/2004, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by TomH
Wow~~!!!

That didn't take long to go, either (someone's got quick fingers!).

That's what I get for taking a nap after work.... (SIGH)
Tagamet

Totlxtc
02/04/2004, 07:42 PM

I can bring a container for you. Not sure what all colors i have or how they compare to your purple. Colors i know for sure of range from a pinkish to red to dark purple. I'll break off some of all colors i can find.

Rick Maley
02/04/2004, 07:51 PM
Are there any reef stores worth checking out on my way home I'll be traveling on route 81? Can't wait for the meet. RickM

godlyme
02/04/2004, 08:36 PM
"I can bring a container for you. Not sure what all colors i have or how they compare to your purple. Colors i know for sure of range from a pinkish to red to dark purple. I'll break off some of all colors i can find."

Totlxtc that would be awesome thank you very much =)

Tagamet
02/04/2004, 08:40 PM
"I can bring a container for you. Not sure what all colors i have or how they compare to your purple. Colors i know for sure of range from a pinkish to red to dark purple. I'll break off some of all colors i can find."

Totlxtc that would be awesome thank you very much =)

You need to change that signature (g)

Tagamet

godlyme
02/04/2004, 08:58 PM
what signature?:rolleye1:

Tagamet
02/04/2004, 09:04 PM
what signature?:rolleye1:

LOL, my mistake.
Tagamet

Tagamet
02/04/2004, 09:06 PM
LOL, my mistake.
Tagamet

BTW, we've GOT to be getting really close to page #50!
Tagamet

V-10Power
02/04/2004, 09:22 PM
Everyone! Please.

I'm eager to make the trip up north and I've invited a couple local reefers to come along. I've been following the threads since Bytor had mentioned the club and proposed swap meeting to me months ago.

I travel with a service dog (working dog) who assists me.

I respectfully ask that you please resist all urges to pet him.

For freebies, Pilgrim might show you some of his stuff!

Step right up and say hello, but please ignore Pilgrim.

Thanks,

Kirk Simon

bmkindig
02/04/2004, 09:56 PM
v-10 thanks for the advance warning,
i have notice your getting alot of stuff from me and i guess this makes me glad the kids aren't coming to make your life any harder.

holeinone1972
02/04/2004, 10:20 PM
Always wondered why you are not supposed to pay any attention to service dogs?

Rob

Tagamet
02/04/2004, 10:24 PM
Always wondered why you are not supposed to pay any attention to service dogs?
Rob

Because they're working.
Tagamet

holeinone1972
02/04/2004, 10:29 PM
I understand that, but what I mean is does petting them turn off their desire to contimue to work?

Imagine how much work we would get done if we were left alone.

Does this mean I can't pet any cute women I may meet at work?

OOOps I work from home, I guess my wife won't mind. LOL

Adam
02/04/2004, 11:06 PM
Hi all,

Wow!!! It looks like this is going to be a great event.

I just listed a ton of stuff here:

http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars/default.asp

I will only be bringing some of the things if they are requested on the site above, so if you want something, please request it. I have always gotten good feedback from folks and try to be conservative in how I describe animals.

See you all at the swap!

Adam

Tagamet
02/04/2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by Adam
Hi all,
Wow!!! It looks like this is going to be a great event.
I just listed a ton of stuff here:
http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars/default.asp
I will only be bringing some of the things if they are requested on the site above, so if you want something, please request it. I have always gotten good feedback from folks and try to be conservative in how I describe animals.
See you all at the swap!
Adam

Hi Adam,
Great to hear that you'll be coming to the shindig. It should be a real HOOT. I placed a request for a couple of your SPS on the site, so now I can sing your praises (g).
I've gotten several critters from Adam in the past (huh, when else?), and he definitely has nice animals to offer! Adam, browse my gallery and offerings on the swap site to see it there's anything that interests you.
See you Sunday!
Tagamet

Mal3
02/05/2004, 12:03 AM
It looks like things are really cooking here!

Fizz - Thanks for a great job.

It looks like we are going to have a great event.

Mal3
02/05/2004, 12:11 AM
82 People coming -- Wooow

11713 views of this site

And 50 pages of posts!!!!!!!!

I knew we would make it.

Tagamet
02/05/2004, 12:13 AM
82 People coming -- Wooow
11713 views of this site
And 50 pages of posts!!!!!!!!
I knew we would make it.

AND 3 full days for more posts!
Tagamet

godlyme
02/05/2004, 12:41 AM
im thinking about setting up a small eggcrate shelf in my tank off to one of the sides anybody have any pieces they can spare or sell?? or even ideas maybe? thanx

Mal3
02/05/2004, 01:22 AM
Godlyme - What I did was use 1/2 inch PVC pipe and elbows to make a frame and put the egg crate on it. I made a hook at the top with 90-degree PVC as part of the frame and hung it in the tank.

You can also check www.garf.org. They have some neat ideas for making frag racks.

godlyme
02/05/2004, 07:46 AM
wow mal a hook is a way better idea than standing up from the bottom on legs....thanx never thought of that

Tagamet
02/05/2004, 07:54 AM
im thinking about setting up a small eggcrate shelf in my tank off to one of the sides anybody have any pieces they can spare or sell?? or even ideas maybe? thanx

I've got a couple of pieces you can just have. What size do you need?
Tagamet

J19M
02/05/2004, 09:31 AM
My Cheap alternative to eggcrate for small pieces is to take a milkcrate to the table saw. If you only need small pieces you can try that.

Adam
02/05/2004, 12:29 PM
Tag,

I will check out your listings. I will put in a request there if I see anything I want.

Thanks for the plug!

Adam

Tagamet
02/05/2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Adam
Tag,
I will check out your listings. I will put in a request there if I see anything I want.
Thanks for the plug!
Adam

Hey, those plugs don't come cheap (g). Seriously though, they don't go to the undeserving. Heck, more ofteh than not, they don't even go to the deserving!
See you Sunday,
LMK after browsing the gallery.
Tagamet

yellowtruck75
02/05/2004, 01:26 PM
I know this has been asked a million times but I am going to Lowes tomorrow and I need to know what type of superglue to get for my new SPS frags. Anyone know the brand name?

Fizz71
02/05/2004, 01:31 PM
I don't think it matters. Just get a gel. I get loctite from walmart.

--Fizz

TomH
02/05/2004, 02:45 PM
I use thick cyanoacrylate from a hobby store (ZAP! brand).

Tagamet
02/05/2004, 03:00 PM
I know this has been asked a million times but I am going to Lowes tomorrow and I need to know what type of superglue to get for my new SPS frags. Anyone know the brand name?

That's been asked a million times ! (jk). I like loctite, too. I did try the thick glue from a hobby store in Williamsport. Although it didn't work well for me, Mo used the same thing from the same store and liked it. Go figure. The way it was packaged, the store owner mixed it up, so it may just have been inconsistent batches (or differences in skill between Mo and me). Both hypotheses work.
HTH,
Tagamet

JonK
02/05/2004, 04:26 PM
I just updated a couple frags: 3 more frags of red star polyps and 2 more red zoos.

Jon

J19M
02/05/2004, 04:52 PM
This is starting to hurt me. Lookin at all the cool frags and tank not ready to put them in.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

JonK
02/05/2004, 06:15 PM
I just want to let everyone know. Mike (bugman426) is not going to be able to make the swap. If you have requested an item from him he is willing to ship it to you.

Jon

bmkindig
02/05/2004, 08:24 PM
anyone else not able to log on to fizzes site?
been trying for like 2 hours!!!!!
brad

JonK
02/05/2004, 08:30 PM
It's running real slow right now.

bmkindig
02/05/2004, 08:33 PM
no luck here must be my slow dail up pc
brad

TomH
02/05/2004, 08:53 PM
no luck here must be my slow dail up pc
brad

Nope, its not loading on my broadband connection either.

Tom

ByTor
02/05/2004, 08:58 PM
Getting closer!

Hey Kirk, glad to see that your going to make the drive... This is going to be a great event!

bmkindig
02/05/2004, 09:00 PM
glad it's not just me!!!!!!
i heard some of my stuff is back up for grabs and it bothers me not knowing!!!!!

post ### 550

brad

bmkindig
02/05/2004, 10:08 PM
anyone been on fizzes site in the last 3 hours i can't get on
brad