PDA

View Full Version : North Central PA Aquarium Reef Society Feb. Meeting Date and Frag List

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

nixnutz
12/31/2003, 05:00 PM
Yeah...what milli said. :) That's what I'm planning to do too.

Rahn

Tagamet
12/31/2003, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by nixnutz
Yeah...what milli said. :) That's what I'm planning to do too.
Rahn

Being the rebel that I am, I'm not bringing a penny and trusting that everyone who has committed to buying stuff from me, will in fact, BUY THEM FROM ME! The same as they are counting on me to bring the frags I've posted. Everyone knows that I have very low friends in high places, who will "do his caps" for a 'shroom frag. (jk, kinda)(lol).
All seriousness aside, I'm missing something (not an unusual occurance). Are you (collectively) saying it's necessary to bring enough cash to buy all the frags you're committed to purchase? Obviously, I had planned on bringing some walking around money, but surely I can count on at least the straight trades (coral for coral) to take place. No? I guess it's better straightened out now than on Swapmas Day, but I don't remember there ever being a single problem at any of the 4 or 5 swaps I've attended.
Tagamet

bob124578
12/31/2003, 05:33 PM
Hey, this thread is 21 pages long! I don't read every single comment.

Milli -- why didn't you PM me with that important information about the crabs? I almost missed it!

Anyway, I found it and will take them off -- thanks for the head's-up. I wouldn't want anyone to have a bad one on my account. As far as I'm concerned they're fish food.

Next time, please PM me like you did about my prices. I was able to respond much sooner.

millisec
12/31/2003, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Tagamet
Being the rebel that I am, I'm not bringing a penny and trusting that everyone who has committed to buying stuff from me, will in fact, BUY THEM FROM ME! The same as they are counting on me to bring the frags I've posted. Everyone knows that I have very low friends in high places, who will "do his caps" for a 'shroom frag. (jk, kinda)(lol).
All seriousness aside, I'm missing something (not an unusual occurance). Are you (collectively) saying it's necessary to bring enough cash to buy all the frags you're committed to purchase? Obviously, I had planned on bringing some walking around money, but surely I can count on at least the straight trades (coral for coral) to take place. No? I guess it's better straightened out now than on Swapmas Day, but I don't remember there ever being a single problem at any of the 4 or 5 swaps I've attended.
Tagamet

Yea your just out there alright :lol: Enough cash for everything? No not me. Like I said your counting on mutual trades and you know if you want something from someone and have nothing to trade. Then you need cash. Hehehe... cash, never leave home w/o it. Never know what you might miss.

Bob its no biggie... just a tip for zoosters. A lot of people have them and they are pretty safe except they seem to have a problem distinguishing bubble algae from zoo sometimes :rolleyes: Funny I just finally watched Nemo today for the first time with my daughter and there was a scene around the beginning where a crab mowed the lawn so to speak. Made me think of Emeralds.

nixnutz
12/31/2003, 05:45 PM
Despite this being a small town, there are two mac machines very close by (bad news for some...good for others :) ). I'm bringing a nominal amount of cash (probably all I'll have till then :rolleye1: ) I agree with Tag and milli, things will balance according to the site, but who knows whose gonna show up with extras (madrama and ByTor brought a bunch of extra stuff last time) or who has extras 'cause someone didn't show.

The dollar amounts attached to my corals are for non-traders and comparison purposes for trading. Gives everyone an idea where they stand with their respective trades. I'm not gonna have you pay me for what you want, then hand you back what I owe you for what I want....know what I mean???

creeper-right now I have requested Acropora Yongei ($15) and green millepora ($15) from you and you have requested nothing from me. I plan on giving you $30 for the corals unless you request something from me which would reduce or equal that amount.

If you're concerned that someone won't show, that's a possibility, but it did not happen last time. I would highly reccomend that people continue to sign up for frags which are already full of requests and have reached "0" remaining. This creates a handy "waiting list" in the event there are no-shows. It also let's people know there's more interest in that particular coral so they can post more.

Sorry for the long post...HTH.

Rahn

bob124578
12/31/2003, 05:51 PM
Hey I saw that on Nemo too. I wanna ride that current with the Sea-Turtles!!!! That was so cool. And my neighbor wanted me to rename Big Blue to Dory but I wouldn't have it!

millisec
12/31/2003, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by bob124578
Hey I saw that on Nemo too. I wanna ride that current with the Sea-Turtles!!!! That was so cool. And my neighbor wanted me to rename Big Blue to Dory but I wouldn't have it!

Cool movie... Being a little warped like me my daughters favorite characters were the sharks though :lol: Nothing nemoesque in my tanks right now but I do want a new hippo (or maybe a purple) if I can ever find a nice healthy small one. The general quality of hippo's has been pathetic for some time, probably thanks to Nemo. I bought probably the healthiest of 50 a while back and it was still dead in a day.

Ocean Image
12/31/2003, 06:01 PM
Thanks guys. I appreciate the replies. It was just a thought I had and I wanted to see how things worked. I'm a virgin NCPARS swapper. :D

Nixnuts, that is what I thought too. Good to see that all here are on the level.

Tagamet
12/31/2003, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Creeper
Thanks guys. I appreciate the replies. It was just a thought I had and I wanted to see how things worked. I'm a virgin NCPARS swapper. :D

Nixnuts, that is what I thought too. Good to see that all here are on the level.

I think it was Al Capone that once said "You can get more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone" (heehee, I love that quote). Yeah, this is a great group of guys (oops, I mean people), Creeper. Not to worry. When I committed to some trades in an upstate NY swap, some of the guys voiced a little concern about anyone driving that far. Everything worked out great. This one will too.
Tagamet

millisec
12/31/2003, 07:25 PM
Happy new years people... Time to go play, indulge and embibe profusely :rolleyes: Catch up with you folks later.

Tagamet
12/31/2003, 08:53 PM
Hi all,
I got the Newbie prize done tonight. I ended up using a terra cotta flower pot as the foundation. I chipped the 'shrooms off various pieces of LR and glued the rock chips (with the 'shroom frags attached) to the pot. I think that there are about a dozen 'shrooms on there (I'm too lazy to get off my, er, chair to count them, but I can see 10 from here, so there's probably closer to 14 or 15. It looks a bit pathetic right now, but it has 5 weeks for them to spread out and blossom. I figured that by using a flower pot, the recipient can either keep it intact, or take a hammer to it and have something good to glue or anchor the 'shrooms where they want them placed. After they look a little perkier, I'll take a pic and post it in my gallery.
Tagamet

bugman426
12/31/2003, 10:03 PM
"that which does not kill us, strengthens us"
well i dont know if you heard about the incident at Metpham high school (on long island) where freshman football players had golf balls and pine cones shoved up their rectum by older varsity players. they didnt die and im just wondering how this is going to strenghten them? btw, who said that quote?

on a happier note, if im able to come ill have frags of my avatar available and other very nice colors

happy new year

Tagamet
12/31/2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by bugman426
"that which does not kill us, strengthens us"
well i dont know if you heard about the incident at Metpham high school (on long island) where freshman football players had golf balls and pine cones shoved up their rectum by older varsity players. they didnt die and im just wondering how this is going to strenghten them? btw, who said that quote?

Yes, I heard about the assaults labelled "hazing". I guess I believe in the resiliency of the human condition. Within limits, the younger the person, the more resilient they tend to be. Nothing gets stronger without stress.
BTW, Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche is most often credited with the quote, but I belive that either the Greeks or the Romans actually came up with it ( I simply forget which). I'd have to do some serious searching to pin it down.
HTH,
Tagamet
PS Hope to see you at the swap!

bugman426
01/01/2004, 01:26 AM
if i THINK that ill be able to make it, should i post on the fizzome site?

i dont want to disappoint people though if they expect something from me and i cant show

i could start posting my zoos but i dont know if i should wait or not

what do you all think ?

bmkindig
01/01/2004, 11:09 AM
hey guys
another long term without a post.
y are we even thinking of questioning the $ problem i'm sure you guys have spent as much $ on your tanks as i have so y would someone welch out on a good deal at a frag swap?????if your not sure if you want an item then wait no big deal if you miss a deal there's alway's the next swap and now twice as many people have that iten to trade... just my 2 cents
later
brad

carribeanlovers
01/01/2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by bmkindig
y are we even thinking of questioning the $ problem

I'm finally going to post here.:D I'm a newbie to this swap stuff and my husband and I are very happy that there are items with the option to buy and not just swap. Reason: we don't have stuff to swap with. But, since we can buy we will have stuff for the next swap;) This benifits us and everyone else later. If there wasn't any option to buy things then newbies like us wouldn't be able to participate. I think the way everything is setup is great and I wouldn't change a thing.

beerman0831
01/01/2004, 01:00 PM
There is always thing to buy instead of trade.This will be my second swap and at the last 1 I bought lots of things.This time I have some trades.

nixnutz
01/01/2004, 01:06 PM
You guys been yappin' away!

Creeper-No problem dude....I don't blame ya bein' a little nervous.

milli-AAAAHAHHHHHHAHHAHAH--want a nice greasy pork chop for new year's day? Remember to "bite the horse that bit ya!" :D

Tag-where's a pic of that "shroom pot"? :)

Bugman-I think it's OK for you to post. Maybe include in your description of your items that you're probably gonna make it so people know. Just be sure to post somewhere if your plans change and make sure you give people some notice if they do. JMO... others should chime in here too.

Brad-some were just confused by the system...I think it's been cleared up.

carribeanlovers- :thumbsup: You got it! ByTor's always telling me about having "backups". These swaps provide all of us with a "backup" for our animals in case we have....well...errr...a mishap. (hoping that's not a jinx :rolleye1: )

Happy New Year everybody!!!

Rahn

Tagamet
01/01/2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by carribeanlovers
I'm finally going to post here.:D I'm a newbie to this swap stuff and my husband and I are very happy that there are items with the option to buy and not just swap. Reason: we don't have stuff to swap with. But, since we can buy we will have stuff for the next swap;) This benifits us and everyone else later. If there wasn't any option to buy things then newbies like us wouldn't be able to participate. I think the way everything is setup is great and I wouldn't change a thing.

ditto. This is my 5th swap and at the first 3, I had NOTHING to swap. I'm certain that if I hadn't been to the first swaps, and this was my first one, I'd STILL have nothing to swap! (well, now that brad and rahn stole all my corals, I'm still in trouble). Like beerman and carribean said, these things benefit everyone ESPECAILLY beginners(and I have yet to see anyone burned). I think this part of the thread can rest now.
JMO, YMMV,
Tagamet

bmkindig
01/01/2004, 01:17 PM
carribeanlovers
it's not the way things are setup,i love this setup to (thanks fizz)it's the "following up" on the trade, that people were questioning,if we can't afford and pay for frags then how are we keeping a reef tank is my point.
i know i'm counting on cash from frags to pay for others frags i know that some are for an even trade and thats great,but just to be safe i'm bringing extra $$$$
brad

bmkindig
01/01/2004, 01:35 PM
hey tag
i stole nothing (at least prove it)lol lol

yes i agree i haven't seen anyone get burnt either and this will be my 4 swap unless you count fragging and giving to friend and family then i can't count that hight cause i'd need at least a 3rd hand besides my parents were just up from fla for xmas and i fragged like a mad man and gave them like 15 different things that i hadn't listed yet.
for the newbies i'd suggest getting as much as you and stock your tank with simple stuff the can be fragged and then let let the frags grow and in 3-6 month you'll be fragging to.my 1st swap was in may at zooqi's 1st swap and now look at my selling list.soon i hope to be buying salt and other stuff with frags bygetting credit at the pet store.and i have like 2-3 friends following my lead.so i'm speaking as the guinea pig here.
later
brad

nixnutz
01/01/2004, 01:43 PM
You continue to amaze me! I just checked out the new feature you put on the site. Very cool! For those of you who haven't checked it out yet, go to your "my trades" page. There's a button at the top that says "click for printable report w/ images"...click on that and it gives you a FULL report of all your transactions.

Great job! You realize you'll be doing this for every swap from here on out... :D

Rahn

Tagamet
01/01/2004, 01:45 PM
hey tag
i stole nothing (at least prove it)lol lol

...besides my parents were just up from fla for xmas and i fragged like a mad man and gave them like 15 different things that i hadn't listed yet.

brad

You know sending kidnapped corals across state lines makes it a federal offense! I think our ex-governor, Tom Ridge is down in FLA now. I'll give him a call....
Tagamet

Tagamet
01/01/2004, 01:49 PM
You continue to amaze me! I just checked out the new feature you put on the site. Very cool! .....
Great job! You realize you'll be doing this for every swap from here on out... :D
Rahn

Frankly, I'm more than a little disappointed that only 2 or 3 of us have offered even a token frag of appreciation to Fizz for his work.
Tagamet:(

bmkindig
01/01/2004, 01:58 PM
hey tag
lol
all the more fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!makeing it harder to trace them!!!!lol
brad

bmkindig
01/01/2004, 02:01 PM
hey tag
i was planning on giving my left overs to the school project,not that i don't apreicate fizz's work but i believe it education more.
does that count for anything?
later
brad

Tagamet
01/01/2004, 02:02 PM
hey tag
lol
all the more fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!makeing it harder to trace them!!!!lol
brad

Yeah, you're laughing now, but I can see the look on your poor parent's face when they hear the battering ram on the front door and they are frantically trying to flush the evidence....
Tagamet

Tagamet
01/01/2004, 02:04 PM
hey tag
i was planning on giving my left overs to the school project,not that i don't apreicate fizz's work but i believe it education more.
does that count for anything?
later
brad

You're educating Fizz about how much you do (or do not) appreciate his efforts. I guess that counts as education.
Tagamet

Mal3
01/01/2004, 02:16 PM
I uaually just read, but I will jump in.

Happy New year to all!!

About the money:

IT has not been a problem and will not be one. This is the honor system. If people want to cancel out they should just do it before that day. This stuff is such a great deal, where will you get that elsewhere? Everyone will honor their arrangements, or they will have a problem the next time and no on wants that. I have been to all of the swaps and there have not been any problems. These are great people, and the amount of money is not enough to have problems about. I think we beat this dead horse enough.

Tag, you are right about Fizz. Fizz, thanks for your work and help on this. I was planning on just giving him my frag, but I did not post it because I do not know how to show a free one. I am sure others will do the same.

Mal3
01/01/2004, 02:18 PM
We are up to page 22!!

Tagamet
01/01/2004, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Mal3
We are up to page 22!!

And COUNTING! We still have about 5 weeks left!

Regarding posting free frags, you just list the item like any other and in "cost" put free and in the text explain who it's for (and why).
HTH,
Tagamet

godlyme
01/01/2004, 02:37 PM
how did i miss this...count me in please =)

JonK
01/01/2004, 02:39 PM
I'm pretty sure Fizz has requested frags from most of us. It would be a good gesture to give one of the frags he requested to him for free. JMO

Jon

godlyme
01/01/2004, 02:43 PM
i have a 46 gal bow tank less than a year old and a very cool 3 gal hang on refuge for some cool frags if anyone wants... the 3 gal hang on cost me a bit so would need something = it can grow bugs like no other.... i better get started reading these 22 pages to see what is going on.. and if anyone need to carpool from elmira ny area let me know =)

Tagamet
01/01/2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by JonK
I'm pretty sure Fizz has requested frags from most of us. It would be a good gesture to give one of the frags he requested to him for free. JMO
Jon

I totally agree that this is a good route, but the more public the gesture the better.
JMO
Tagamet

nixnutz
01/01/2004, 02:46 PM
Check out this site:

http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars/default.asp

That's where all the goodies are.

Welcome aboard!!!

Rahn

Tagamet
01/01/2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by godlyme
i have a 46 gal bow tank less than a year old and a very cool 3 gal hang on refuge for some cool frags if anyone wants... the 3 gal hang on cost me a bit so would need something = it can grow bugs like no other.... i better get started reading these 22 pages to see what is going on.. and if anyone need to carpool from elmira ny area let me know =)

WELCOME ABOARD! Rather than read the whole thread, go to:

http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars/login.asp

It's GREAT!
Tagamet

nixnutz
01/01/2004, 02:50 PM
Great minds....LOL

Rahn

JonK
01/01/2004, 02:51 PM
You guys are just waiting to pounce on Godlyme's frags.:lol:

Jon

Tagamet
01/01/2004, 02:53 PM
You guys are just waiting to pounce on Godlyme's frags.:lol:

Jon

Hey, I never said I wasn't trasparent.
Tagamet

millisec
01/01/2004, 03:10 PM
You guys been yappin' away!
milli-AAAAHAHHHHHHAHHAHAH--want a nice greasy pork chop for Happy New Year everybody!!!

Rahn

:lol: found a new top shelf (rare anymore) Hong Kong style Chinese restaurant. I ate what was probably 3 pounds of shrimp, lobster, crab, scallops, chinese veggies and pepper sauce straight from the depths of hell. What I did drink came straight out my pores :lol: That, a late showing of Lord of the Rings and a fair amount of girlfriend and I'm quite refreshed. Well other than needing a fire extinguisher this morning for the dragon *** :rolleyes:

Of course everyone in my tank was lined up this morning glaring at me like we know what you did/ate last night :lol:

Happy New Year

Tagamet
01/01/2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by millisec
:lol: found a new top shelf (rare anymore) Hong Kong style Chinese restaurant. I ate what was probably 3 pounds of shrimp, lobster, crab, scallops, chinese veggies and pepper sauce straight from the depths of hell. What I did drink came straight out my pores :lol: That, a late showing of Lord of the Rings and a fair amount of girlfriend and I'm quite refreshed. Well other than needing a fire extinguisher this morning for the dragon *** :rolleyes:

And this year's winner in the category of "More than I needed to know" goes to.....

nixnutz
01/01/2004, 03:19 PM
I figured you had to be laid up with a hangover. You're usually on-line and when I didn't see you I thought....HANGOVER!!!

Happy New Year to you....I guess the greasy pork chop won't work... :)

Rahn

godlyme
01/01/2004, 03:23 PM
wow that website is awesome... that seems to make everything like 50000% easier that should be the standard for now on =) great job fizz, and thanx everyone for directing me there...

Tagamet
01/01/2004, 04:03 PM
wow that website is awesome... that seems to make everything like 50000% easier that should be the standard for now on =) great job fizz, and thanx everyone for directing me there...

YGPM

Tagamet
01/01/2004, 05:18 PM
Ok, Nix. TNP (either The Newbie Pot, or Tagamet's Newbie Pot) pics are posted in my gallery.
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=20874&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=
and:
http://reefcentral.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=20875&papass=&sort=1&size=medium&thecat=

It''s definitely not much to look at, because I just fragged these poor buggers last night. I think that they'll come around by the time of the swap. If not, it was a nice thought (g).
Tagamet

millisec
01/01/2004, 05:58 PM

Someones a comedian today :lol:

3 rare aptasia!!!! Cost: 25$++ Available: 3 Remaining: 3
Comments: these are 3 of the most beautiful aptasia i have ever seen (drab dull red color)!!! and they reproduce rapidly!!! get them before there are gone.. will make a wonderful addition to anyones tank.....experienced reefers only
Promised to: Requesting: {Add My Name}

millisec
01/01/2004, 06:01 PM
And this year's winner in the category of "More than I needed to know" goes to.....

Well since Nix brought up the greasy pork chop... I thought I would mention the most spirited new years dragon :lol: No hangover but busy on and off running around and entertaining. I'll be back later for some more rhetorical delight :rolleyes:

Tagamet
01/01/2004, 06:06 PM
Someones a comedian today :lol:
3 rare aptasia!!!! Cost: 25$++ Available: 3 Remaining: 3
Comments: these are 3 of the most beautiful aptasia i have ever seen (drab dull red color)!!! and they reproduce rapidly!!! get them before there are gone.. will make a wonderful addition to anyones tank.....experienced reefers only
Promised to: Requesting: {Add My Name}

I was really lucky! I saw mille's post, rushed to the site, and was the first to the site to request one of the rare Aips! Thanks for the heads up, mille!
Tagamet

nixnutz
01/01/2004, 06:21 PM
Looks good! When those shrooms multiply, you won't even be able to see that pot. Nice job.

Rahn

beerman0831
01/01/2004, 06:22 PM
Hey Nix don`t you have some of those rare aptasia?

Tagamet
01/01/2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by beerman0831
Hey Nix don`t you have some of those rare aptasia?

Shhhh, he was holding those back until the swap! He didn't want to flood the market and lower their price.
Tagamet

bob124578
01/01/2004, 06:38 PM
ok -- the crabs are going back up!

beerman0831
01/01/2004, 06:39 PM
Well I hope I didn`t spoil it for him.

nixnutz
01/01/2004, 06:39 PM
Too many to list! Anyone else want some?

Funny story...I was at LFS yesterday. I don't shop there anymore, but I was in the area and thought I'd check it out. There were three "corals" for sale in their coral tank. Goniapora, a rock that supposedly had polyps on it ( :confused: I didn't see any ) and a beautiful rock with about 20 aiptasia on it. The aiptasia formed a lovely mound that was very similar to the goniapora. The tank did not have a price on it for the aiptasia, so I have to assume they were selling it as goniapora. ByTor....you know the store I'm talking about. THAT"S why I don't shop there anymore.

Rahn

beerman0831
01/01/2004, 06:45 PM
Well if you can buy that rock and sell them for $25 a piece......lol

bugman426
01/01/2004, 07:20 PM
ok, i posted some of the zoos =) enjoy

Tagamet
01/01/2004, 07:30 PM
ok, i posted some of the zoos =) enjoy

So you're coming then? Excellent!
Tagamet

Fizz71
01/01/2004, 07:35 PM
I'm glad you posted your frags bugman...I was just going to recomend you do it..and just leave a note in the description if you have to bail.

And thanks to everybody for offers and thanks..I appreciate it.

As for doing this in the future for US..with the exception of the date being hardcoded in about 5 pages, all it would take is a wipe of the database and the site is ready to go for the next swap..it's totally resuable, so there's not problem with me doing it the next time.

As for folks bailing. I would be totally cool with saying "any trades not completed by Xpm means the deal is off". Then you folks could still trade with the folks that DID make it and are willing to pay/trade. That way nobody has to drag their frags home because they held out for somebody who couldn't make it, and couldn't let anybody know.

I'd say..as a group..we should pick a time and agree on it. Of course anybody who knows in advance that they are going to be late they can just talk to their traders personnaly to arrange a hold.

What do you folks think?

Also...for those of you that linked their images as pages instead of right to the image, I'm going to be editting your entries..that way the new feature I added will look better.

and oh yeah..Happy new year everyone.

--Fizz

bugman426
01/01/2004, 08:05 PM
yea, i made sure to post in every thing that i might not be able to come

worst comes to worst if they really want the frag still, ill just ship it

bugman426
01/01/2004, 08:21 PM
is there a way to know if the people want to trade or pay cash for the frags?

Fizz71
01/01/2004, 08:27 PM
No..but once somebody has asked something of you, you can ask something of them if they've listed it. Then you'll see the common trades in the "My Trades" page.

--Fizz

Fizz71
01/01/2004, 08:31 PM
I guess that is kind of a downside to this system..folks like me who have nothing to trade can step in there before somebody who wants to trade does. Of course you always have the option to wait to accept a request to see if you get a trade before you accept somebody who only has cash. I would say that's totally within your rights to decide who to promise something too. The list of requested people is always in order of the time they requested it..but it doesn't mean you have to follow it.

There's a fine line between being fare..and being in control of your trades so that you get what you want..after all..isn't that what this is all about?

--Fizz

bugman426
01/01/2004, 08:52 PM
uh oh---oh well, so far the frags just went to whomever requested them

milli--i hope we can possibly trade some zoos

71goalie
01/02/2004, 06:03 PM
i don't know about evryone else, but i think it is fare if you have a frag and want to trade it for something else, than that should take presidence over selling it. I personally don't have a problem with that. say for example if i requested something from someone, they could just sit on my request until we get closer to the meeting. this way, it would keep the door open for actual trading over just buying. this would give some incentive for myself to learn how to frag so I'll have stuff to trade. it would really help for me to see how to frag things. maybe we can have a small "workshop" at the meeting to show us newbies how fragging is done. FWIW

bmkindig
01/02/2004, 09:12 PM
hey doug
i'm still waiting for you to tell me when your going to come over to see my tank. and i'll show you how i frag,and give you some of the info i've learned and things i've done to my tank.
later
brad

Ocean Image
01/02/2004, 09:58 PM
71goalie
I know you don't know me, but I'll let you come and help frag all of my corals that I'm taking with me. Especially since your a CAD.

Tagamet
01/02/2004, 10:15 PM
71goalie
I know you don't know me, but I'll let you come and help frag all of my corals that I'm taking with me. Especially since your a CAD.

Hey! Who you calling a CAD? Doug's a nice guy! (I know, I know, jk)
Tagamet

Mal3
01/03/2004, 06:25 AM
I have made up some flyers and I am going to take them to the local fish store to promote the swap. I suggest that you may want to do the same in your areas.

Here is the Word file I am using if you want to copy it.

nixnutz
01/03/2004, 11:36 AM
Looks good. I just dropped off a bunch of flyers yesterday at the Salt Box in Mechanicsburg. The file size is too big to attach, but if anybody wants them, PM me and I'll email you the file.

Rahn

71goalie
01/03/2004, 12:11 PM
brad,
maybe one night this week. the weekends are always murder for us. let me know what nights are good for you.
doug

bmkindig
01/03/2004, 07:57 PM
hey doug,
weekend are usually bad for me to i work 99% of sat and suns unless i request the day off.
that would be cool but i was just teaching another friend of mine how to frag last tonight. so theres not much to frag right now.but i can show you some things,i think tues wed or fri are the best times this week.but if you want to wait a week or 2 things will grow back in. maybe i can hook up up with a frag or 2
later
brad

Tagamet
01/04/2004, 02:25 PM
Hi,
Can you do me a favor and delte the listing for the 58 gallon tank from the swap site. please? I keep getting an error message when I try to delete it myself. A fellow and his girlfriend drove from Cleveland to buy it! The guy had ZERO posts on RC, (Thurge), but he actually showed up with the cash in hand!
TIA,
Tagamet

Tagamet
01/04/2004, 02:52 PM
Your green and silver zoo's look a LOT like the green and lavendar zoos (pic in my gallery). Did you get those from me? Just curious.
Tagamet

millisec
01/04/2004, 06:22 PM
Your green and silver zoo's look a LOT like the green and lavendar zoos (pic in my gallery). Did you get those from me? Just curious.
Tagamet

Hehehe... I got some from you. I love the way colors in zoo's are unpredictable in morphing. Now green, purple, pink. BTW I asked you about hitchhikers before... Those miniature BTA looking things were euphyllia.

http://mysite.verizon.net/millisec99/zo113.jpg

ByTor
01/04/2004, 07:36 PM
Hey guys and gals. I just added a bunch of stuff on the trade site.

sixpackrt
01/04/2004, 07:45 PM
tag they are not the same i got them from mo

Ron

Fizz71
01/04/2004, 08:07 PM
Hi,
Can you do me a favor and delte the listing for the 58 gallon tank from the swap site. please? I keep getting an error message when I try to delete it myself. A fellow and his girlfriend drove from Cleveland to buy it! The guy had ZERO posts on RC, (Thurge), but he actually showed up with the cash in hand!
TIA,
Tagamet

I fixed the bug that wouldn't let you delete it, and deleted the record. (It was trying to delete images that didn't exist).

--Fizz

ByTor
01/04/2004, 08:18 PM
Hey, milli and beltwaybandit. Sorry guys I pulled my requests from you guys. Seems that I'll be breaking down my softy tank.. Thanks anyway...
To all your frag grabbers, seek and ye'shall find 2 sweet corals that are up for grabs!

bmkindig
01/04/2004, 08:28 PM
hey tim
frag grabbers; thats not me don't know who your talking about (lol)
i was looking at your tanks for sale do you know the specs on any of them or pics.i was thinking about the 55 gallon long for $20 not drilled thats the 1 that stuck out for me but i have a small car can i make a special trip for something like that?
later
brad

ByTor
01/04/2004, 08:33 PM
Brad I think a 55 long is 48"L 12"Wand 18"H something like that...

Brad, I see ya looking around the room when ya say that!

bugman426
01/04/2004, 09:33 PM
leave it to me to spend $200+ on a new 55 undrilled and stand just to reliaze i can get it for $60 hehe

millisec
01/04/2004, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by ByTor
Hey, milli and beltwaybandit. Sorry guys I pulled my requests from you guys. Seems that I'll be breaking down my softy tank.. Thanks anyway...
To all your frag grabbers, seek and ye'shall find 2 sweet corals that are up for grabs!

Sweet corals where? :lol: What you got dude? I don't see anything on the site. I'm definitely interested in some stuff from you soft tank your getting rid of. Let me know.

ByTor
01/04/2004, 10:10 PM
mille, it was a coral from you I requested and one from beltway.

I'll have a few frags from that system. Hopefully. That is if they don't all get sold between now and then. To be honest with ya mille. There isn't any thing really special in it. Common leathers and few cool shrooms.

millisec
01/04/2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by ByTor
mille, it was a coral from you I requested and one from beltway.

I'll have a few frags from that system. Hopefully. That is if they don't all get sold between now and then. To be honest with ya mille. There isn't any thing really special in it. Common leathers and few cool shrooms.

Duh... Ok I knew you dropped the shrooms. I thought you were offering some loot from the softie tank. Nevermind...

Mal3
01/04/2004, 11:18 PM
Does anyone have any PC bulbs that they want to sell or trade.

I need 55/65 watt square pin bulbs, both 10k and 03. I prefer new or slightly used.

If you have any, PM me with what you have.

nixnutz
01/04/2004, 11:21 PM
To those of you getting Pink Fiji Leather frags, here's a teaser:

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/36172fingerfrags.jpg

Fragged these about a month ago. They're all mounted up and ready to go! The one in the pic is about 3" tall... is anyone else gettin' fired up???

Rahn

bmkindig
01/05/2004, 12:09 AM
accually tim i was thinking my sons room!!!!!!

i was bad tonight i just ripped my tank apart to get i fish out now i can see a thing and don't know where my stuff is!!!
brad

nixnutz
01/05/2004, 12:11 AM
Watch your trates...trust me :rolleye1: I did the same thing a few weeks ago. Trates went through the roof!

Rahn

bmkindig
01/05/2004, 12:30 AM
good idea rahn thanks, just run carbon to lower that and do a water change??? or am i wrong? there was a lot of build up in the back i think i need to put a powerhead back there...
i think i found most of my corals now thing are clearing up a little but my frogspawn is still mia and proboly some of my frags that didn't make it to the frag tank
brad

nixnutz
01/05/2004, 12:42 AM
Carbon and water changes-- :thumbsup:

I really stirred up my substrate, so you probably won't have a problem as big as I did. Good luck findinf them all.

Rahn

71goalie
01/05/2004, 11:43 AM
Brad

If you need me to haul the 55 gallon tank from the meeting for you, I can. Just let me know and I'll drive my pickup truck to the meeting instead of the wife's car.

bmkindig
01/05/2004, 06:16 PM
hey guys
i found my frogspawn!!!now i just need some time to arrange things back to a normal position....

goalie
thanks that will help your diffinately going?
maybe we can drive along sidw each other on the way up i have a car full.and a friend of mine is driving up to we can talk to jonk and maybe he'll join the train.we'll see what happens.but i'm going to put my name on that tank now and worry about moving it later.

71goalie
01/05/2004, 06:58 PM
i'll be going unless something major happens.

bmkindig
01/05/2004, 10:01 PM
hey doug
i got the tank approved by tim,i'll have to see which vehicle my friends taking and i'll let you know if i'll need your truck and i'll reward you then.it might not be that day but maybe before or atfer you live close enough i trade with locals all the time!!!!
thanks in advance
brad

Mal3
01/07/2004, 12:56 AM
What is this....!!!!! Are you guys all sick or something? No posts. We are on page 24. Getting close to 50.

Go Eagles!

beerman0831
01/07/2004, 01:18 AM
Only 26 more pages to go.We should get that by then.

71goalie
01/07/2004, 08:41 AM
is there some sort of award for 50???? :)

Fizz71
01/07/2004, 08:54 AM
I had noticed today that somebody had "removed" their request from my only offering as a trade at this swap :)...and had done so after I had already "promised" it to them. Not that removing the promise is a big deal, but I did notice that my count of "remaining" did NOT go back up one.

I have since fixed the code, but if anybody out there had somebody cancel their promised request previously, you may want to check your counts. It should be fine going forward.

--Fizz

godlyme
01/07/2004, 07:20 PM
fizz... you the man

Mal3
01/08/2004, 01:31 AM
Fizz,

I did experience the same thing. Thanks for fixing it.

Mal3
01/08/2004, 01:32 AM
Half way to 50!! Go eagles!!!

JonK
01/08/2004, 03:28 PM
Do you guys think we will have much more people at the swap than have signed up?? I'm just trying to figure out, if I have frags that aren't already spoken for, should I bring the extra ones. I wouldn't want to bag up corals just to bring them back home. What do you guys think, will we have a lot of people that don't sign up??

Jon

carribeanlovers
01/08/2004, 03:37 PM
If I were you, I would bring extra just in case. If no one extra shows up you can always give a heads up to those of us who are there. I'm sure some of us will help out - I know we will.

Fizz71
01/08/2004, 03:50 PM
I don't know what happened to my first reply...so I'll try again.

When I went to the last meeting, the only reason I got ANY frags was leftovers. I never spoke up in the thread since I had nothing to trade...as I've mentioned before..that was my incentive to write that site.

But anyway..I might wind up buying a few things I didn't sign up for if the price is right, the frag looks nice, and I still have money. :)

And since it's public information anyway...We have 5 people who are registered as coming that haven't requested a frag: Bill King, henkelsfamily, jimroth, ronthediver, and yes....ZOOQI! :)

And like you said..we may have attendees that aren't signed up, or even folks that won't know until last minute so they didn't register. So I'd still bring some...if I had any. :)

--Fizz

nixnutz
01/08/2004, 04:06 PM
I agree 100% with Fizz...bring some extras.

I would just like to add that you can also donate some items to the school project if you don't want to take them back home. I'm certain Mo will be there right till the end and if ya got leftovers that you're willing to donate, he'll take them for the project.

Rahn

JonK
01/08/2004, 07:34 PM
Your right guys, I fragged 'em so I might as well bring 'em.

Jon

JonK
01/08/2004, 07:39 PM
Tag,

I might be able to get you one of those mini carpet anemones. I put two in my refuge so I could feed them more frequently. One of them looks like it might be ready to split. I'll keep you updated.

Jon

millisec
01/08/2004, 07:52 PM
Do you guys think we will have much more people at the swap than have signed up?? I'm just trying to figure out, if I have frags that aren't already spoken for, should I bring the extra ones. I wouldn't want to bag up corals just to bring them back home. What do you guys think, will we have a lot of people that don't sign up??

Jon

I would say bring extra stuff... Its frustrating for the late comers and new people when its more like a frag delivery meeting than a swap. Last minute stuff is good. What would we have done for entertainment last time if not for Bytor and Mad Drama frag haggling :lol:

Anyways those swap available frags are good for getting the stragglers to come on over. No reason to come if no frags. I invited someone and got the response why? all the frags are taken already...

Bill King
01/08/2004, 08:08 PM
Someone mentioned my name?
Hey guys, I didn't list bring/want items because this trip is weather related. weekends in Feb. are always good for "freezing rain" events.
I'll be there just to enjoy the excellent company.
If there is anything left after the mad scramble, I'll probably go home with something.
See you all soon,
Bill

JonK
01/08/2004, 08:15 PM
I'm glad I brought this up then. Whatever frags that don't get reserved I'll bring plus I think I might make up some additional frags that I won't list on the frag site, that way the people that don't reserve frags or aren't signed up on the site will have stuff to choose from.

Jon

Tagamet
01/08/2004, 08:27 PM
Tag,

I might be able to get you one of those mini carpet anemones. I put two in my refuge so I could feed them more frequently. One of them looks like it might be ready to split. I'll keep you updated.

Jon

Have you kept one of these in a tank with other corals? I'm a little concerned that it will choose to "relocate" and wipe out another coral. Any input? I really do think that they look cool. Maybe I could keep it in a nano. Keep me posted, ok?
Thanks,
Tagamet

kbaker721
01/08/2004, 09:26 PM
I have never been to a frag swap but would be interested in coming out to it - although I have nothing to swap. I am interested in getting corals, but the few I have are no where near fragging. I just don't know much about the swap or what takes place, etc. This thread is a bit too long to read the whole thing (sorry!). Anyway if I am welcome I would like to join up (as of now - if it changes I will let you know).

ByTor
01/08/2004, 09:44 PM
Kbaker your more than welcome to attend. If you would just sign up on our site. We are try'n to keep some what of a head count..

See ya soon!

Hey Milli, what? was that the highlightof the day??? :) Maybe I'll bring a little efflo frag to tease him with ;)

bmkindig
01/08/2004, 10:38 PM
kbaker
true about not having frags reserved all i have to say is bring a cooler and some spending $ and talk to your fellow reefers the best deals are usually near the end of everyones deals are done and someone bought an extra or the person that asked for it doesn't show.that's when the newbies make ou. just keep reading and use pms and emails to try to make a deal or post what your looking for.
frags run from $5-$50+ depending on what it is most softies are $10 sps frags are more.
later
brad

bugman426
01/09/2004, 06:45 AM
milli-make sure to bring somr frags of that solid orange fill zoo with the grayish skirt!

looks awesome

millisec
01/09/2004, 11:01 AM
milli-make sure to bring somr frags of that solid orange fill zoo with the grayish skirt!

looks awesome

Hehehe... Thats nix's piece I got for him. You'll have to talk to him on that one.

bmkindig
01/09/2004, 11:10 AM
HEY GUYS GOOD NEWS
i got a surprise in the mail today:a $40 gift certificate for the club from wild side pets in state college.(thanks doug and steve)
now we need to decide what to do with it. raffle it off,or donate it to the school or maybe i should keep it for me (haha) input please
later
brad

carribeanlovers
01/09/2004, 02:00 PM
I hope it's ok to put this here -

I am in need of the following:
lighting for 55 gal. tank
filters for 75 and 55 gal tanks
anemone for clownfish
power heads

I will be going to the frag swap if anyone has any of these items.

JonK
01/09/2004, 02:03 PM
Have you kept one of these in a tank with other corals? I'm a little concerned that it will choose to "relocate" and wipe out another coral. Any input? I really do think that they look cool. Maybe I could keep it in a nano. Keep me posted, ok?
Thanks,
Tagamet

Tag,

I have one that moved right next to a Ricordea and they don't seem to bother each other. In the thread that Gary started most people stated that they didn't hurt any corals in their tanks, including SPS. They do move but from my experience once they find a spot they like they won't move anymore. 2 of the 3 I got stayed right where I put them. That's why I was able to pull them out of the tank and put them in the refuge.

Jon

millisec
01/09/2004, 03:48 PM
Tag,

I have one that moved right next to a Ricordea and they don't seem to bother each other. In the thread that Gary started most people stated that they didn't hurt any corals in their tanks, including SPS. They do move but from my experience once they find a spot they like they won't move anymore. 2 of the 3 I got stayed right where I put them. That's why I was able to pull them out of the tank and put them in the refuge.

Jon

If you have another?? I'm interested. LMK

bmkindig
01/09/2004, 03:53 PM
hey guys
i'm looking for a rose bta and some show sized corals
brad

JonK
01/09/2004, 04:40 PM
If you have another?? I'm interested. LMK

Milli,

I'll see what I can do. I have 3 that were received on Sept 11th through a priority mail trade. I thought I would have had a few splits by now but no such luck. Hopefully with them in the fuge and more frequent feeding I can get them to clone.

Jon

JonK
01/09/2004, 04:45 PM
hey guys
i'm looking for a rose bta
brad

Brad,

If you don't get one and my RBTA gives me a couple more clones I'll let you know. It sucks cause because my first clone died. I'm not sure what happend but it would never take food and eventually perished. Luckily, it split again 3 weeks ago and this one seems well and is taking food. When I'm up to like 4 of them I'll start trading and selling them.

Jon

bmkindig
01/09/2004, 04:53 PM
jon
cool i was just going to email you about them. does craig have anything up yet i saw the thing on the floor getting ready to be used. is that thing a sump or what?you can't really see anything in it and i have had the time to talk to him lately the wife has been keeping me away.lol
brad

bmkindig
01/09/2004, 04:56 PM
hey mal what size soda bottle are you talking about for your greenwater,a 2 liter or like a 20 oz.i just realized i'm almost out.
brad

JonK
01/09/2004, 05:01 PM
Brad.

The bottom part is basically the sump area. I guess Craig said they would keep live rock in there and the filter media and stuff. I think he said it would still be a month or even longer until they actually start getting corals and stuff in. I know he said they still have to polish the upper portion of it. It's the same thing they have down at Shear Heaven with the multiple tiers and like 6 separate "tanks" per level. You know what I'm talking about.

Jon

Tagamet
01/09/2004, 05:20 PM
Yes, then, I'd be very interested in the mini carpet you have. Please hang onto one for me. Hopefully between the two of us, by the next swap there'll be quite a few more to pass around. Let me know what you want to trade for it, or how many presidents I need to kill.
Thanks again,
Tagamet
PS Where's the store you and brad are discussing?

millisec
01/09/2004, 05:54 PM
I'm getting a RBTA at the PARC meeting on Monday. I'm gonna put a little effort into propagation and hopefully there will be more plentiful and a bit less money than usual.

JonK
01/09/2004, 10:07 PM
Tag,

The store we are talking about is American Aquarium in Orefield. It's on Rt. 309, 10 minutes North of Rt. 22. They mostly just carry fish but they are starting to setup a coral section.

Jon

Tagamet
01/09/2004, 10:37 PM
Tag,
The store we are talking about is American Aquarium in Orefield. It's on Rt. 309, 10 minutes North of Rt. 22. They mostly just carry fish but they are starting to setup a coral section.
Jon

Do they have a website? I'm hungry to buy some fish for the 120 SPS tank. Are their prices resoanble (as in not like Saltwater Heaven)?
Thanks
Tagamet

Malcolm_C
01/09/2004, 10:44 PM
Tag,

is this in Montgomery county, if so what township.

Mal3
01/10/2004, 12:32 AM
Brad

RE: Greenwater The size bottle I am talking about is a 20 oz. I can provide more if I have it. I was feeding rotifers daily, but I am not doing that now. I expect that I will have more greenwater for the swap. If you want bigger, let me know.

Tagamet
01/10/2004, 01:42 AM
Do they have a website? I'm hungry to buy some fish for the 120 SPS tank. Are their prices resoanble (as in not like Saltwater Heaven)?
Thanks
Tagamet

Do they have a good selection of fish? Worth a 2 hour drive?

Tagamet

JonK
01/10/2004, 07:25 AM
Do they have a good selection of fish? Worth a 2 hour drive?

Tagamet

Tag,

They don't have a website. They get some good fish in but they are usually sold out within a couple days of getting the order. (At least sold out of the nice fish) They get Butterflys and Large Angels and the common ones such as clowns, damsels and gobies. It all depends what the supplier brings them. I don't know if I would say it's worth a 2 hour drive and you end up being disappointed. If your looking for something specific I could keep an eye open and let you know if they get it. They will also do special orders if it's something they won't stock. Personally, I have a hard time driving 2 hours even if it's something I want to do. I guess that's because I drive for a living. If your in the area and you checking places out there is also a place on Rt. 145 in Allentown called Shear Heaven. They have a full saltwater setup including corals. And on the weekends there is a place that's open in Northampton called Something Fishy, he only stocks saltwater corals and fish.

Jon

JonK
01/10/2004, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by Mad_drama

It's in Lehigh County, probably about 15 minutes from the Lehigh Valley exit of the Northeast Extension.

Jon

JonK
01/10/2004, 07:29 AM
I'm getting a RBTA at the PARC meeting on Monday. I'm gonna put a little effort into propagation and hopefully there will be more plentiful and a bit less money than usual.

Milli,

Are you going to force splits(ie. slicing) or are you going to just let it clone on it's own?

Tagamet
01/10/2004, 09:24 AM
Tag,

They don't have a website. They get some good fish in but they are usually sold out within a couple days of getting the order. (At least sold out of the nice fish) They get Butterflys and Large Angels and the common ones such as clowns, damsels and gobies. It all depends what the supplier brings them. I don't know if I would say it's worth a 2 hour drive and you end up being disappointed. If your looking for something specific I could keep an eye open and let you know if they get it. They will also do special orders if it's something they won't stock. Personally, I have a hard time driving 2 hours even if it's something I want to do. I guess that's because I drive for a living. If your in the area and you checking places out there is also a place on Rt. 145 in Allentown called Shear Heaven. They have a full saltwater setup including corals. And on the weekends there is a place that's open in Northampton called Something Fishy, he only stocks saltwater corals and fish.
Jon

Excellent. I was thinking about doing a road trip today (Saturday) to look. I'll look for phone numbers and call ahead though.
Thanks again,
Tagamet

Tagamet
01/10/2004, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Mad_drama
Tag,

I'm considering fish for the SPS 120. I know your tanks are much bigger, but which do you like that are not to aggressive (or eat SPS!)
Tagamet

bmkindig
01/10/2004, 10:02 AM
hey guys
thanks for watching my back here jon!
tag here is a few phone # for you
american aquarium is 610-395-6085 the managers name is craig and the owners name is lee they get there saltwater deliveries on tuesdays around 2-3pm
something fishy 610-502-9760 the owners name is todd it's just him and his wife there only open from 10-4 on sat and sun but they do have a website and do ship corals there dry good prices are comparable to that fish place. www.toofishy.com
shear heaven 610-438-0031 they have a good selection but depending on who waits on you there depends on what kind of service you getand there corals are a little overpriced but bytor said that 1 time he got some good trades down there and that he was there xenia supplier i don't have enough frags that are big enough to sell as full sized corals yet but i hope to soon have one of these places help me out
brad

bmkindig
01/10/2004, 10:03 AM
oops tag
todd did start carring sps corals.

CherryCat
01/10/2004, 10:24 AM
i have bought stuff from todd before (toofishy.com), even before he moved to the place. it's been over a year since i last visited his place. that being said ... like any other lfs, it's hit-or-miss. mostly, he has some really nice stuff, although i sometimes found his prices a tad on the high side. he always had a fairly decent selection of corals, sps/lps/softies/'shrooms/zoos. his fish selection was always a little weak.

hth
jc

bmkindig
01/10/2004, 10:34 AM
hey cherrycat
i've heard that to about hit or miss but i have had any problems finding stuff there.
if you say there prices are high where are you buying corals at there probolay the cheapest place i know of and the best thing is it's like 5 miles from my house.
brad

Mal3
01/10/2004, 11:42 AM
I just wanted to jump in regarding the LFS. I have probably been to most every lfs within a 2 hour drive of Reading. The best prices for dry goods is That fish place. The best prices for livestock in something fishy, hands down. I purchased 3" hippo tangs at todds place for $22. Granted Todds place is small, but he is 100% saltwater. You can't beat his price/value for the dollar. Especially when he has sales. His dry goods prices are a close second to TFP, but he is not cheaper.

Shear Heaven in Allentown is good, but prices are higher. They get some things in that Todd does not. I like Todds better.

There is the hidden reef in Phila. Pretty big saltwater selection.
http://www.thehiddenreef.com/

If you want a large selection, the aquarium center just off of the Baltamore Beltway has a great selection. Larger than TFP. Prices are higher, but they have special deals and a in house discount card that lets you get 10% off any purchase, including sales. Check it out.
http://www.aquariumcenter.com/

There are quite a few places near Baltimore. Here is a website to look up pet stores.
http://fins.actwin.com/dir/stores.php?c=1&r=33
http://fins.actwin.com/dir/index.php

If you want to purchase online, you can order from saltwaterfish.com. I like it because you only have to order $75 to get free shipping. I have purchased from them a few times and had good results. They have a 6 day guarantee and honor it, no hassle. I have had very nice shippments from them. Any losses I have had they have replaced free on the next order.

That is all I can think of now.

Oh, I forgot, there is a nice size place in Wilmington DL, 2302 Concord Pike. PH 302-658-TANK. It is Fishman Aquarium Center. It is on the left side going through Wilmington just past the concord malls. IT is about the size of the hidden reef.

Go Eagles!!!! We are on page 26.

bmkindig
01/10/2004, 01:36 PM
hey mal
i agree on most of that but check out todds site a little closer then look at the same thing on tfp's website alot of his dry goods are cheaper like the mag 12 i got for $80 tfp list's it for $99.99
bye the way i was there this morning and he has 10% off all livestock this weekend but i walked out empty handed (i was looking for something to frag)
brad

Tagamet
01/10/2004, 03:35 PM
Wow, great info guys! Thanks a lot! I just crawled out from a crawl space behind a wall in our house, trying to thaw out a frozen pipe. NOT a happy camper, but now with all this info, I'm all better.(g)
I have to go make some phone calls!
Tagamet

JonK
01/10/2004, 03:45 PM
To those of you getting Pink Fiji Leather frags, here's a teaser:

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/36172fingerfrags.jpg

Fragged these about a month ago. They're all mounted up and ready to go! The one in the pic is about 3" tall... is anyone else gettin' fired up???

Rahn

Can't wait for a frag of that!!:eek1:

Jon

nixnutz
01/10/2004, 04:49 PM
:thumbsup: Glad you like it. C'mon Feb. 8th!!!

Rahn

bmkindig
01/11/2004, 03:13 AM
hey
did someone say it's feb. 8!!!
i better get my frags ready i have a meeting to go to!!!!!!!!!

hey tag
it's about time you crawl out from that rock. i was accully waiting for a responce from you b-4 i went to work
brad

Tagamet
01/11/2004, 03:29 AM

hey tag
it's about time you crawl out from that rock. i was accully waiting for a responce from you b-4 i went to work
brad

A response about what? I did say thanks for all the leads on LFS's. I ended up making about a 5 hour round trip to american aquarium. I called ahead and knew that they only had few fish left (deliveries on Tuesdays), but they had a candy cane goby that sounded nice. I didn't end up getting that, but did get a female Genicanthus melanospilus (Swallowtail angel) and a lawnmower blenny. They both ate while I was there. The guys running the shop seem nice and the store is immaculate. Like most (all?) LFS owners they didn't have completely accurate info, but unlike many, they were ok with saying they didn't know something. Their prices were pretty good on most of the fish (not when gas money is factored in, but that's not their fault). Given the drive, they kncked a few dollars off the price of both fish, which was nice of them. They also have plans to expand the saltwater section and start offering LR.
Well, it's almost 3:30, so I better get back to my last hour or so of browsing RC. Thanks for all the leads,
Tagamet

JonK
01/11/2004, 07:53 AM
Tag,

Good to hear you found some fish you wanted. Craig and Lee are good guys, that is one of the biggest reasons I shop their store. Although there is not much that I need as far as equipment is concerned, and I'm maxed out on my fish bioload. I still pick up whatever I can from them(food and supplements). I should have PM'd you, I would have brought down your frags. I'm only 5 minutes from the store.

Jon

Tagamet
01/11/2004, 11:34 AM
Tag,

Good to hear you found some fish you wanted. Craig and Lee are good guys, that is one of the biggest reasons I shop their store. Although there is not much that I need as far as equipment is concerned, and I'm maxed out on my fish bioload. I still pick up whatever I can from them(food and supplements). I should have PM'd you, I would have brought down your frags. I'm only 5 minutes from the store.
Jon
Yes, they are nice guys, and YES it would have been good to swap frags while I was in the ares (rats).

Tagamet

Mal3
01/11/2004, 08:20 PM
Eagles, Eagles, Eagles, GO GO.

Fly Eagles Fly - - - - Way to Go!!!

JonK
01/11/2004, 08:21 PM
What a game!!!! Go Birds!!!!!!

Tagamet
01/11/2004, 08:22 PM
Eagles, Eagles, Eagles, GO GO.

Fly Eagles Fly - - - - Way to Go!!!

Boy, that took all of two minutes for you to post (lol). Yeah, go Eagles.

Tagamet

bmkindig
01/11/2004, 11:16 PM
hey tag
yeah i saw you said thanks but at the time i saw you had just posted and then i hadn't heard back from you right away and you were still online.but like jon said i would have meet you down there. craig and lee are both great guys and i work like 5-10 mins up the road just north of route 22.and i live like 15-20 mins away from there. they just need either a 2nd supplier or a bigger 1 because they sell out right away, but they will order you stuff.
later
brad

Fizz71
01/12/2004, 10:13 AM
I added a small feature to the "Trades" page. By default, items that are listed with an "Available" count of 0 (or less than 0) are now hidden. Either of the "All trades" buttons at the top will take you to the pages you're use to...just incase you want to get in line for something that is not available right now.

There is still plenty for grabs up there, so check it out. Somebody made a post earlier about there "being nothing left"...I don't know what they were smoking :)..I'll admit some of the rarer stuff is taken, but there's still plenty up there.

Enjoy.

--Fizz

Tagamet
01/12/2004, 11:34 AM
hey tag
yeah i saw you said thanks but at the time i saw you had just posted and then i hadn't heard back from you right away and you were still online.....
brad

I leave my computer on 24/7 (so the saltwater doesn't condense in it) and sometimes I'm logged in at reefcentral when I'm in Philly, or in a crawl space behind my wall. Please don't think that I'm ignoring people or messages just because it says I'm on line. I know I should log off RC, but I doubt that I'm using up a lot of bandwidth, when I'm just AFK.
Tagamet

71goalie
01/12/2004, 12:45 PM
some people are just really "thin-skinned" :D

Fizz71
01/12/2004, 03:55 PM
I'm curious...is anybody here NOT using Microsoft Internet Explorer? And if you're using AOL, you're using Microsoft Internet Explorer.

I only ask because the frag site was written for IE and doesn't look right in netscape...there's actually some things missing because IE is more fogiving of little mistakes than Netscape is.

--Fizz

JonK
01/12/2004, 05:15 PM
I have a Kenya tree that just dropped like 6 frags over the past couple days. Is that normal?? I thought maybe 1 or 2 branches but 6?? And man do those things attach quick, I'll have a kenya tree tank soon.

Jon

bmkindig
01/12/2004, 05:53 PM
a kenya tree for jon kenya lol

Tagamet
01/12/2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Fizz71
I'm curious...is anybody here NOT using Microsoft Internet Explorer? And if you're using AOL, you're using Microsoft Internet Explorer.

--Fizz

From the response (silence) I guess we all use IE.
Tagamet

JonK
01/12/2004, 07:10 PM
Kenyon trees.....exclusive corals grown out of Jon Kenyon's Kenyon tree coral tank. One of a kind.....$50 per frag. :lol:

Maybe this is my chance to get a coral named after me.

Jon

Tagamet
01/12/2004, 07:14 PM
Kenyon trees.....exclusive corals grown out of Jon Kenyon's Kenyon tree coral tank. One of a kind.....$50 per frag. :lol:

Jon

Hmmmm, wouldn't that be SIX of a kind? At that price it'd pay for your CA reactor (lol)
Tagamet

JonK
01/12/2004, 07:21 PM
Hmmmm, wouldn't that be SIX of a kind? At that price it'd pay for your CA reactor (lol)
Tagamet

Sounds good Tag, you want one?? I got 5 more guys. I take paypal too.:bum:

Jon

Tagamet
01/12/2004, 07:29 PM
Sounds good Tag, you want one?? I got 5 more guys. I take paypal too.:bum:
Jon

I'm trying to cut down (lol). Besides, I'm putting my $ into a CA reactor. THEN you'll see these SPS take off!
Tagamet

JonK
01/12/2004, 07:37 PM
I'm trying to cut down (lol). Besides, I'm putting my $ into a CA reactor. THEN you'll see these SPS take off!
Tagamet

I only have one Acro in my tank...I never thought it would survive let alone start growing...but I'm sure compared to most people's tanks it is growing slow. Don't worry, I'm still trying to get my money together for the Kalk reactor.

Jon

Mal3
01/12/2004, 11:55 PM
Have any of you guys heard from Zooqi? He started this crazy stuff, and now he has fallen off the earth, so to speak.

Hay Mo, where are those frags???

Tagamet
01/13/2004, 12:02 AM
Have any of you guys heard from Zooqi? He started this crazy stuff, and now he has fallen off the earth, so to speak.

Hay Mo, where are those frags???

The last I heard from him, he was about to receive a huge shipment of LR, so maybe he was standing in the wrong place when it arrived. If so, that rock is going to take some extra curing.

Tagamet

Mal3
01/13/2004, 12:03 AM
Fizz,

I have a question. I checked the box to remember my password at log in. Why do I still have to put it in the log in and password each time you go to the site? Just wondering?

emull
01/13/2004, 12:15 AM
Check how long your history is set up to remember for, if your history is set up for only 1 day it loses your history after you log off I think it will forget your password. By the way Mal 3 thank you for your offer to for help in finding work but it gets a little complicated for me as i am a union member.

emull
01/13/2004, 12:18 AM
sorry I did not see that the question was directed to someone else butting out:hammer: :wave: :blown: :wavehand:

millisec
01/13/2004, 12:24 AM
Fizz,

I have a question. I checked the box to remember my password at log in. Why do I still have to put it in the log in and password each time you go to the site? Just wondering?

Probably using the wrong link. If you logged in before you should be able to goto and bookmark this link. Default instead of login asp.

wee-reefer
01/13/2004, 01:28 AM
Hi guys,

Well it's official. I will not be able to come to the frag swap (sorry nix) My sister n law has something stupid planned, she said she was having a baby. Ruining my plans yet again. Jen

carribeanlovers
01/13/2004, 06:32 AM
Mal3 - I'm butting in about the password thing.
It could be one of two things. If you delete your cookies then any page you save a password on will not be remembered when you go back in. Also, if you bookmark the sign in page and not the page that comes up after you sign in then the password won't be remembered (this happened to me until I found out).
If neither of these is causing the problem then Fizz will have to help out. :)

Mal3
01/13/2004, 06:50 AM
Thanks for the help

carribeanlovers
01/13/2004, 06:57 AM
Your welcome

Fizz71
01/13/2004, 09:21 AM
I'll add one more potential issue: Some browser "privay settings" disable the use of cookies all together because cookies are one of the things that advertisers use to learn about you. RC is guilty of this...everytime you bring up a page in here it's doing something with Amazon.com. I don't know what it's doing, because I have my browser blocking all 3rd party cookies which means if I'm on RC..amazon gets crap..but if I'm on Amazon, then Amazon can use cookies. My browser will only allow cookies on the site I'm on.

Anyway...If your IE browser is pretty recent, go to :
Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy and check out the slider bar on the left. I set mine to "Medium" but it looks like anything but "Block All Cookies" will work. So "Medium High" and "High" are also OK.

Some of the other folks are correct too: Don't bookmark the login screen. The only people who would have done this are the folks that were using the system before cookies were turned on..which is like......most of us. :) I did post a message though, but I guess SOMEBODY didn't read it. :)

As for the history..that should be fine unless you've explicitly requested to delete all cookies. I don't think history affects cookies..I've never tested it, but it shouldn't. A cookie actually has it's own expiration date on it which I can control. I have it set to expire if you don't use the site for 30 days.

Cookie are one of those great ideas somebody came up with, that somebody else then abused..just like email. I'm guessing you always have to log into RC too..don't you?!

--Fizz

nixnutz
01/13/2004, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by wee-reefer
Hi guys,

Well it's official. I will not be able to come to the frag swap (sorry nix) My sister n law has something stupid planned, she said she was having a baby. Ruining my plans yet again. Jen

The nerve of her! :lol: Oh well... Maybe we'll see ya sometime. Beerman and I will have to make a trip to Pittsburgh for the tank.

Rahn

JonK
01/13/2004, 03:52 PM

Did you get your Rose??

Jon

Ocean Image
01/13/2004, 04:59 PM
Did you get your Rose??

Jon

Milli, what was that guy asking for the other rose. They looked nice.

millisec
01/13/2004, 05:24 PM
Milli, what was that guy asking for the other rose. They looked nice.

He was supposed to have traded someone that did not show for the other. Someone bought it I think. I gave him $50 and a ric. Prices are going up. Walt got away with trading a new mag 7 last time.

It just finished eating but heres a peek at color.

http://mysite.verizon.net/millisec99/a2.jpg

beerman0831
01/13/2004, 05:38 PM
Nice looking milli.Wish it was there on Sunday so I could have seen it in person.And by the way when it clones let me know.:)

bmkindig
01/13/2004, 05:58 PM
hey guys
who's got the clones i'm still looking for 1 i can't even find 1 i'm willing to travel up to 2 hours give or take for 1 they look so cool...
that and another black percula clown.
brad

JonK
01/13/2004, 06:42 PM
That's a good looking Rose BTA milli.

millisec
01/13/2004, 08:23 PM
hey guys
who's got the clones i'm still looking for 1 i can't even find 1 i'm willing to travel up to 2 hours give or take for 1 they look so cool...
that and another black percula clown.
brad

The hidden reef gets them once in a while. They had a few in last ORA shipment of black ocellaris. I want some true black percula's though or one of the odd variations.

I should'nt ***** about the RBTA price. I think Mac is getting $120 for that size and the couple big pink ones at the reef have been $200. The guy I got this one from said his drops 1-2 a month in clones. Just gotta fatten this one up and get it splitting. This RBTA has a very nice color but the only thing that makes it 4/5 star is lacking in base color (unless it changes). I still want one with a colored base.

JonK
01/13/2004, 08:30 PM
This RBTA has a very nice color but the only thing that makes it 4/5 star is lacking in base color (unless it changes). I still want one with a colored base.

Milli,

What color is the base of your RBTA? The one I got is red tentacles with a green base. Although the red in your RBTA looks to be a little darker than mine.

Jon

millisec
01/13/2004, 08:43 PM
Milli,

What color is the base of your RBTA? The one I got is red tentacles with a green base. Although the red in your RBTA looks to be a little darker than mine.

Jon

You can see it in the pic above. Pretty accurate colors. Brownish is best description. It does have hints of green and could turn. Actually though I forgot about green. When referring to ones with base color I was talking about orange and red base ones I have seen.

The tentacle color is pretty accurate too. Electric pink/orange/red with pink tips. Basically the color of my pink Yuma that bit the dust.

Man does it ever light up under actinic only...

bmkindig
01/14/2004, 01:19 AM
hey milli
so what the trick to getting a bta to split if this guy is having 1-2 per month my dad has had saltwater tanks has long has i can remember and never had an anemone split, of course i started him in reefing and i'm the family expert on that and my skills aren't the best but i'm haveing great luck so far.
i have 2 bta's and neither of them are splittingand i've even started adding selcon once a week.
as for the perculas i guess i need to come up to philly,maybe i'll drop you an email and you can meet me there.or i can stop bye and see your reef.
thanks
brad

CherryCat
01/14/2004, 08:45 AM
about three years ago i got a green bta, which happily split after a couple of months. i gave away the clone to a friend. the original bta never split again, and grew to be about 8"-10" in diameter. i sold it last spring.

the clone i gave away is continually splitting, though, and hasn't grown much more thant the original 2"-3" diameter. reefguyinpa can give more info on it, as it and all its numerous clones reside in his tank.

jc

yellowtruck75
01/14/2004, 01:07 PM
what do you guys feed your BTAs?

carribeanlovers
01/14/2004, 01:12 PM
24 days until the swap

:celeb3: :celeb1: :celeb2:

Tagamet
01/14/2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by yellowtruck75

Mine used to eat cocktail shrimp and silversides.
Tagamet

holeinone1972
01/14/2004, 01:31 PM

Frozen mysis, and plankton frozen food.

The clones I have do great with none also. I do not feed them on a schedule just whenever I feel like it. I would have more clones if I fed more often though.

Rob

millisec
01/14/2004, 01:45 PM
hey milli
so what the trick to getting a bta to split if this guy is having 1-2 per month my dad has had saltwater tanks has long has i can remember and never had an anemone split, of course i started him in reefing and i'm the family expert on that and my skills aren't the best but i'm haveing great luck so far.
i have 2 bta's and neither of them are splittingand i've even started adding selcon once a week.
as for the perculas i guess i need to come up to philly,maybe i'll drop you an email and you can meet me there.or i can stop bye and see your reef.
thanks
brad

For the clowns I would call the hiddenreef or a store/someone that orders from ORA and special order. The reef has only had them a couple times I've seen and they get a big ORA shipment of clowns every few weeks.

Not really a RBTA expert but based on past experience with other anemones (right down to aiptasia) they grow best with the obvious good water conditions and fed very well. Mines getting just frozen food right now soaked in selcon. Maybe later some live feeder fish. And about that 1-2 clones a month... I don't know but he probably has his mother and additional clones growing and splitting to make that number. I'm probably gonna keep at least the first couple clones and try and get a little BTA farm going. I'm supposed to get a green BTA at the swap too.

BTW anybody know the native clown fish for a RBTA?

holeinone1972
01/14/2004, 01:56 PM
There are lots of tricks to getting your roses to split. Rapidly changing your salinity and feeding alot along with good lighting are some of the best. The others are top secret. LOL

I traded one clone to a guy from our Pittsburgh club, and his has not split yet in a year. But my half has yielded 3 more clones for me.

It is alot easier to do in a contained environment for roses only. You would not want to do this in your reef. This is alos why the clone has not split for my buddy. His reef is very stable.

Rob

bmkindig
01/14/2004, 02:06 PM
maybe ia point my tanks is really stable maybe i;ll try 1 in my wifes tank
thanks
brad

CherryCat
01/14/2004, 02:25 PM
pretty much anything, although mine was partial to chunks of shrimp. it didn't like scallops, either. go figure.

jc

reefguyinpa
01/14/2004, 02:29 PM
Same thing as I feed my fish...homemade chum! I have tons of JC's BTAs in my tank. He gave me one and it has split over a dozen times. These are the BTAs I am bringing to the swap.
Jim

CherryCat
01/14/2004, 02:40 PM

...snip...
BTW anybody know the native clown fish for a RBTA?
the rose is just a color form of entacmaea quadricolor, or e. quad, or bta.

in her book, clownfishes, joyce wilkerson lists the following clown species as "naturally" hosted by e. quads:

amphiprion akindynos
a. allardi
a. bicinctus
a. chrysopterus
a. clarkii
a. ephippium
a. frenatus
a. mccullochi
a. melanopus
a. omanensis
a. rubrocinctus
a. tricinctus
a. ocellaris (only in captivity)
and premmas biaculeatus

you will almost certainly have good luck with p. biaculeatus (maroon clown) as it is the only natural host for this fish.

hth,
jc

millisec
01/14/2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by CherryCat
the rose is just a color form of entacmaea quadricolor, or e. quad, or bta.

in her book, clownfishes, joyce wilkerson lists the following clown species as "naturally" hosted by e. quads:

amphiprion akindynos
a. allardi
a. bicinctus
a. chrysopterus
a. clarkii
a. ephippium
a. frenatus
a. mccullochi
a. melanopus
a. omanensis
a. rubrocinctus
a. tricinctus
a. ocellaris (only in captivity)
and premmas biaculeatus

you will almost certainly have good luck with p. biaculeatus (maroon clown) as it is the only natural host for this fish.

hth,
jc

Thanks... looks like just about anything. I would probably only consider a maroon or some form of percula anyway. At some point or another I've tried most and skunks never did it for me and the various forms of "tomato" like clowns are just nasty SOB's ranking right up there with velvet damsels IMO. Gonna be tough until I get more anemones and tank space... I want a yellow stripe maroon and my daughter wants percula's (orange of course and I also want black) :rolleyes:

yellowtruck75
01/14/2004, 03:15 PM
stupid question
When you feed your RBTA what keeps it from eat your clown at the same time or grabing other small fish like my lawnmower blenny?

yellowtruck75
01/14/2004, 03:16 PM
or a slow swimming copperband?

millisec
01/14/2004, 03:38 PM
Yellowtruck... anemones eat by paralyzing fish and then swallowing them. Clowns are immune to most (not Atlantic anemones) and other fish well they are supposed to know better. Anemones can and will eat fish if given the opportunity.

Speaking of feeding... the damnedest thing. I fed mine just a little while ago and some jumbo pacific nassarius came out of the sand like roaches and literally attacked the RBTA and took most of the food away. The RBTA was not happy and I guess the nassarius are immune because they jumped right in there. I threw one snail about 12" away and he was back in seconds.

http://mysite.verizon.net/millisec99/a4.jpg

yellowtruck75
01/14/2004, 03:43 PM
Anyone coming from Pittsburgh or the area that could pick up a Rose BTA and a clown from Rob at East Coast Clams for me? That is if I decide to purchase the item (leaning towards it right now)

Mal3
01/14/2004, 10:00 PM
I feed my RBTA and anemone’s krill, or silversides. I feed them two to three times a week and they eat every time I give it to them. In fact the RBTA is a vulture. It grabs the food very quickly.

yellowtruck75
01/14/2004, 10:04 PM
So no one from Pittsburgh is making the hike to this meeting?

Mal3
01/14/2004, 10:13 PM
Thanks... looks like just about anything. I would probably only consider a maroon or some form of percula anyway. At some point or another I've tried most and skunks never did it for me and the various forms of "tomato" like clowns are just nasty SOB's ranking right up there with velvet damsels IMO. Gonna be tough until I get more anemones and tank space... I want a yellow stripe maroon and my daughter wants percula's (orange of course and I also want black)

Milli,

I do not recommend a percula with a BTA. I had two pair of percula's with different BTA's and they would not go to the BTA. They did go to other anemone, but not the BTA. My son had the same experience as I in his tank in Denver.

Did anyone have a different experience?

CherryCat
01/14/2004, 10:16 PM
my a. ocellaris wudn't go near my bta ...

jc

Mal3
01/14/2004, 10:30 PM
By the way, we have to be breaking some thread recrod here with the length of this thread

nixnutz
01/14/2004, 11:03 PM
By the way, we have to be breaking some thread recrod here with the length of this thread

We got a ways to go to catch up to this one...146 pages and going strong...LOL...one of my and milli's favorites:

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=2250888#post2250888

Rahn

Fizz71
01/15/2004, 12:05 PM
WOOHOO!!! We hit 60 registered attendees on the frag site for the Frag Meeting. That includes children as well, but stilll...60 is pretty darn good. Zooqi estiamted 75 at the last one..I wonder if we'll top that in the time we have left.

I wonder how many folks we have coming that haven't registered on the site?!

--Fizz

bmkindig
01/15/2004, 12:12 PM
true fizz i would hope by the number of registered people not coming that everyone is registered coming or not but 1 never knows
brad

Fizz71
01/15/2004, 12:17 PM
Yeah...how about the 'eh? 43 "lurkers" registered. :)

--Fizz

BobCReef
01/15/2004, 09:26 PM
Hi, i plan to attend with Mad_drama but will not be bringing anything if that is ok.

bob

sixpackrt
01/15/2004, 10:03 PM
yes you can come all are welcome

Ron

Tagamet
01/15/2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by BobCReef
Hi, i plan to attend with Mad_drama but will not be bringing anything if that is ok.
bob

Welcome aboard. If we'd let Rahn in the door, we'll take anybody (g)
Tagamet

Mal3
01/16/2004, 12:53 AM
Hi Bob,

Yes, of course you are welcome! The more the better. Bring your friends! You can register on our site, and pick your frags.

http://www.fizzhome.com/ncpars/login.asp

carribeanlovers
01/16/2004, 12:57 AM
I may have missed this info. but here it goes:

Has there been an actual start time for the swap?

Mal3
01/16/2004, 01:07 AM
The start time is 12:00 noon.

carribeanlovers
01/16/2004, 01:12 AM
ok that's what I thought - thanks :)

bmkindig
01/16/2004, 03:36 AM
hey
i think someone else mentioned 11:00 for those that had a long drive if they and get there early it's ok
brad

Fizz71
01/16/2004, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by BobCReef

Hey Bob...I see Mad still only has 1 listed as his headcount. Please register on the site or have Mad add you to his name so that we can keep an accurate head count.

That goes for any other "lurkers" out there that are thinking about coming. The frag swap is free and open to all..the swap site is free to use as well. Please help Rahn and ByTor with an accurate headcount for food by letting us know you're coming. You don't have to sign up to buy or trade anything, just make sure you register on the site as attending.

Thanks.

--Fizz

Bill King
01/16/2004, 11:05 AM
since I can no longer access the site......(because I forgot my password) I know, I know......I'm old!
There will be two heads with me.
Bill

Tagamet
01/16/2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Bill King
since I can no longer access the site......(because I forgot my password) I know, I know......I'm old!
There will be two heads with me.
Bill

I've got a very special therapy couch for people like you....

Tagamet

Bill King
01/16/2004, 04:55 PM
Thanks Tag

He did ask for a "head count"!

would that couch be in front of your tank?
See you soon,
Bill

JonK
01/16/2004, 05:42 PM
Hey guys,

I had long and short polyped toadstool leathers on my trade lists. One of the frags got infected and it spread to all the frags since they weren't healed yet. This only affected the toadstool leathers, I have fragged again but they won't be ready for the swap and I only made 2 frags of each leather. If they do alright I'll bring them to the swap but they probably won't be mounted or listed on the swap page.

Jon

holeinone1972
01/16/2004, 06:01 PM
Well I can't stand it any longer.

I am going to TRY to come. I have to see if anyone else will get blisters with me from the long ride.

Just a maybe for now......

Rob
ECC

bmkindig
01/16/2004, 06:25 PM
wowowo go rob
then maybe some of us will place an order.
brad

beerman0831
01/16/2004, 06:27 PM
i know if you are coming I want to place an order

yellowtruck75
01/16/2004, 07:53 PM
hey Rob if you decide to come I got first dibs on a rose and a black clown since I inquired first:0 the rest of you are just bandwagoners :)

beerman0831
01/16/2004, 07:55 PM
LOL

CherryCat
01/16/2004, 08:20 PM
i admit it!! i'm jumping on the bandwagon!! :bounce1: bring on the roses!!

jc

Tagamet
01/16/2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by holeinone1972
Well I can't stand it any longer.

I am going to TRY to come. I have to see if anyone else will get blisters with me from the long ride.
Just a maybe for now......
Rob
ECC

You know pixburgh reefer would love to buddy you down! Besides, I can hear the "cha ching" of the cash register with all your sales...

Tagamet

holeinone1972
01/16/2004, 09:27 PM
"cha ching" or not, that is a long ride......................

We will see! I always try and come, but holy cow this is a real road trip............

LOL

I sent a message to our whole group here in the burg, and we will see if anyone else wants the torment.

Rob

Tagamet
01/16/2004, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by holeinone1972
"cha ching" or not, that is a long ride......................

We will see! I always try and come, but holy cow this is a real road trip............
LOL
I sent a message to our whole group here in the burg, and we will see if anyone else wants the torment.
Rob

Monty the Python was talking about it a long time ago. He said that maybe your club would want to make it a road trip (g). The more, the merrier! We need you "westerners" to drive out to our end of the state, once in a while!

Tagamet

Mal3
01/16/2004, 10:47 PM
We are up to 30 already!

yellowtruck75
01/16/2004, 11:15 PM
Come on Pittsburgh is not that long of a trip I made it this summer for a swap :)

When it comes to cheap frags distance is no factor :)

bmkindig
01/16/2004, 11:31 PM
hey rob
you need to rent a bus.

hey yellow
i'm not on the band wagon you are theres a thread in here somewhere to prove it but it's long buried i'll try to find it and give it a bump.

brad

JonK
01/17/2004, 09:32 AM
Brad: Did Todd down at Something Fishy stop selling fish? I've been checking his site and he never has any fish listed. I haven't driven down but I was looking for a Coral Beauty.

Jon

71goalie
01/17/2004, 11:21 AM
Jon - i noticed he doesn't list his fish on his website. the last time i was there (month or two ago), he had all kinds of fish - cardinals, different types of angels, tangs, etc. i think his stock changes too quickly for him to put them on his site.

71goalie
01/17/2004, 11:24 AM
By the way - he is having a buy 2 get 1 free sale!!

Tagamet
01/17/2004, 11:26 AM
Brad: Did Todd down at Something Fishy stop selling fish? I've been checking his site and he never has any fish listed. I haven't driven down but I was looking for a Coral Beauty.

Jon

Hi,
I can't find the something phishy phone # and other dealer's info you guys had posted for me. Can you either point mt to the thread, of re send it? Thanks a lot. I NEED to buy a fish, and when I called I think they said that they were gettting a BIG order in last week.
Thanks!
Tagamet

JonK
01/17/2004, 11:35 AM
I just called, he has 2 Coral Beauty Angelfish in stock but she said they are really busy. Tag, the site is toofishy.com and the phone number is 610-502-9760. If you run down PM me, maybe I can meet you down there.

Jon

71goalie
01/17/2004, 11:36 AM
something fishy - www.toofishy.com

Tagamet
01/17/2004, 11:40 AM
I just called, he has 2 Coral Beauty Angelfish in stock but she said they are really busy. Tag, the site is toofishy.com and the phone number is 610-502-9760. If you run down PM me, maybe I can meet you down there.

Jon

Thanks to you and goalie. I'll check it out.
Tagamet

yellowtruck75
01/17/2004, 11:43 AM
WHere is Somthing Fishy at? Do they have a nice store?

71goalie
01/17/2004, 11:51 AM
it is a garage behind the guy's house. i know, it's a garage, but the tanks are huge and nicely kept. and the guy is very nice to talk with if he has the time. even helps you pick stuff out, which is nice for us newbies.

directions are on his website - airport road in allentown

Tagamet
01/17/2004, 11:51 AM
I'm On the way to something phisy. Won't get there till close to closing so gotta hussle.
Thanks,
Tagamet