Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/11/2004, 09:50 PM
Lion addict

Hey guys, sorry haven't been around a lot lately. I have been very busy moving into my new house in Ft Collins and am trying to adjust to dial up connection (going from high speed to dial up is NOT fun, trust me ). Anyway, some sad news to report, 2 weeks ago I lost my beloved original Black Ribbon. He was just starting to go Blue and stopped eating a week before and then passed away. Not sure what happened there, was probably something I did (I cried for hours that night ) but I was so busy at the time with getting out of college (he stopped eating the week of finals) and by the time I got home he was basically too far gone but I tried anyway, along with getting ready to move into the new house. But the other 2 Ribbons are doing great. The one I started this thread about is seriously starting to turn Blue so am praying that the changing won't affect him. I am also looking into saving a Blue Ribbon this weekend but will see. Money is kinda tight but I just got a job at the local Petsmart (includes State Line Tack-horsey heaven ) so hopefully I can get him. I'm sorry about not posting pics. This week I am moving my tank (the one with my Black Ribbon) here to Ft Collins and can hopefully post some pics after that. Anyway, just thought I would stop in. I will definitely report if I rescue the Blue, I want to but will have to see. If I don't post by Sunday then that probably means I didn't get him.
Old 06/11/2004, 10:03 PM
Premium Member

Location: 1477 S. Prescott Ave., Clearwater, Florida. Phone: (727) 443-6459
There's been a new change to the photo posting rules here at RC, so the days of personalized responses with photos are a thing of the past.

Somehow it feels like an old friend has died.

Mike
Old 06/11/2004, 11:07 PM
Lion addict

Thanks Mike, for the update on the photos. I have been gone a long time, sheesh! Why did they do that and how are we supposed to post pics now? Anyway, I know the feeling about the "friend". I know it has only been two weeks but I need to find a way to stop the hurt and stop the guilt trip, so I think the best way is to rescue another since I have had such good luck with them. I think that is what my little guy would have wanted-me to save more of his kind (hehe-I've lost it, I am applying human values to fish). I think I am going to try and drive to the fish store tomorrow and get him assuming they still have him. My current Black is doing amazing however. He eats like a little pig, his nose has almost entirely healed after rubbing it so badly in the fish store-he hasn't grown the flares yet however. My little guy helps ease the pain, but not a whole lot. I would rather have 2 happy healthy ones than just the one I have. But I can't do anything about that now. Anyway, I will let you know if I get him, and guess I will have to describe him rather than show pictures.
Old 06/12/2004, 12:06 AM
Premium Member

Location: 1477 S. Prescott Ave., Clearwater, Florida. Phone: (727) 443-6459
You can post photos by putting them in your gallery or paying for an on-line hosting site.

Mike
Old 06/12/2004, 10:41 AM
Premium Member

Thats a real bummer!
Triggeraddict so sorry to read about you losing your first ribbon. Thats gotta be hard.
But you DEFINITELY SHOULD GO GET THAT OTHER EEL TODAY!!
Old 06/12/2004, 11:10 PM
Lion addict

Thanks, I didn't get him today but he is in Denver (I live in Ft Collins which is 1hr and 15 mins away) but tonight am spending the night at my parents and they are only 15 min away from where the Eel is located so might have to hang around for awhile in the morning and pay the store a visit . After all my birthday is in 2 weeks! It was very tough loosing my first Ribbon. I'm still kicking myself for not tunning in sooner to see if there was a problem. Anyway, back to work on plans for getting the other Ribbon
Old 06/15/2004, 07:51 AM
Registered Member

Hey guys over in the photography forum the fish of the week is Eels. there is a great pic of a blue ribbon and i'm sure more and more great eel pics will be submitted.