Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/17/2006, 11:14 PM
Registered Member

cant find this light..

ok, i'm going to be buying my aunt one of these 3g pico tanks for christmas, but i'd like to basically double the light...so does anyone know where i can find this exact light so that i can put 2 of them on there? I'm having trouble finding it...here is the link to the pico tank, but i'm looking for that clamp on light that is shown and comes with it...

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_...pe.asp?CartId=

Also, the bulbs that come with it....does anyone know if they are available in colors besides the 50/50? Basically i want one that is all 10K daylight, and one that is all 03 actinic...do they make them like that? or are they strictly the 50/50's?

And last....what has everyone got to grow under these lights? Would it even be worth it to double the light? I'm not going for sps or anything (just a small 3 gallon lol) but it would be nice to be able to grow stuff other than shrooms ans zoas liek they say, and maybe an lps coral or 2 also...we'll see.

thanks
Old 12/19/2006, 02:42 PM
Hermit with Featherduster

I am not sure if the light is available by itself or only as a part of the set up but the bulbs are available in daylight and actinic as well as the 50/50s that it comes with. The bulbs are regualr 9 watt PC bulbs.
Old 12/19/2006, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/...ories/ssid/174

This should help