Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Wisconsin - Fox Valley Reefers Club (FVRC)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/11/2006, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

poor little reefer looking for freebies

Hi I don't have much money but i do have a 29 gal wanna be reef tank and was looking for some handouts. I'm not into the whole sugar coating deal I'll just say it like it is or at least how I think it is anyway.

I have a 29 gallon kit with no modifications or different equipment, about 15 lbs of live rock 1 inch frag of yellow polp's, baby finger leather, 5 mushrooms, and a 1/2 inch by 1/4 inch peice of star polps I think, Oh and hitch hiker feather dusters.

just thought i'd ask you guy's and gal's
Old 07/11/2006, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

oh and two baby marrons from mak056
Old 07/12/2006, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

Why don't you tell us about your system and lighting, I might have some stuff I can offer up, but I'm frag impaired, so it depends on your system, and the few frags I have, and what ever else I can do to help you. I'll offer what I can...

Jason
Old 07/12/2006, 05:17 PM
Registered Member

I have the 1 florecent bulb fixture with the bulb from the kit and a 10 gall light fixture with a 50/50 bulb for my lighting, the AGA heater from the kit, an AGA versa top cover and a hang on the back filter from the kit

Thats it for equipment
Old 07/13/2006, 02:08 PM
Premium Member

I have the following to give away:

Xenia, small toadstool leather, small frags of candycane coral (Caulastrea), a small green Pocillopora (probably needs more light though)

If there's another meeting anytime soon I'd be happy to bring them if I could make it.
Old 07/13/2006, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

I proly could find you a anthelia polyp cluster... maybe something else. But I think we need to encrease your lighting some how...

I'll offer to help drill out your tank and help you put together a fuge, if you go that far... but we'd have to find some glass and junk tank, i'm out of small ones.

If you want to lend a hand at my place with converting my lights over my 40 gal's and converting my 30 reef into a 75 reef, I will donate some displaced lighting and tank supplies. I have been wrapped up with a few other things, if left up to my own devices, it'll take a while to get to it. pm me if your interested, and I'll give you my number....

Jason
Old 07/13/2006, 08:30 PM
Registered Member

I will most likely be attending the September meeting at MAK056 (Mike) place. I would be glad to meet all of you there and wishing it would be sooner. This is very generous of all of you and I hope to be able to repay you all down the line. Thank- You
Lisa
Old 07/14/2006, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

I STAND CORRECTED... THIS IS AWKWARD, BUT I HAD NOT REALIZED YOU WERE UNDERAGE, AND RESPECTFULLY WITHDRAW MY OFFER. I WILL - TIME WILLING, WORK ON MY PROJECTS, AND LET YOU KNOW WHEN I AM DONE. AS I FINISH, I WILL BE HAVING SOME EQUIPTMENT BECOME AVAILABLE, BUT IT GOES QUICK.

BY NO MEANS AM I SUGGESTING ANYTHING INAPPROPRIATE, AND I RESPECTFULLY APOLOGIZE.

JASON
Old 07/14/2006, 04:54 PM
Registered Member

I have a xenia frag all ready to go, and I could give you a brownish polypy thing too... if you and a parent come here to pick it up it is yours! I'm 25 minutes north of Green Bay, just email me if you're interested.
Old 07/16/2006, 12:03 AM
Registered Member

Just to set the record straight I am 18 and the only reason I am wary of going to some ones house from this site is because anyone has acsess to it and there are some realy wierd people out there. Not that I don't trust you guy's but a young woman has to watch out for people with the way the world is.

P.S. this help is greatly appreciated
Old 07/16/2006, 12:10 AM
Registered Member

I totally agree, you can't be too careful. Everyone here has been great at the meetings, but I do applaud you for being cautious, smart girl! you have a pm too, btw.
Old 07/17/2006, 12:04 AM
Registered Member

I don't mean to offend, but if you're leary of going to people's houses (which I totally understand being a woman myself) you might not want to advertise the frag-sitting thing you posted a couple weeks ago. I think you could attract more weirdos that way than by people offering you frags. At least the people offering frags you can look in this forum at meeting threads, the people that are listed that attended meetings you'd be ok with since we have met them in person. Not to say they're normal, we are all reefers after all.
Old 07/17/2006, 08:00 PM
Registered Member

I acctually wasn't really thinking when i made that thread and don't know how to delete it. I forgot I even made it.