Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/12/2005, 09:51 PM
Registered Member

Live Rock For Sale

Hi guys,

I have roughly 22-25 lbs of live rock for sale. It's very mature, lots of purple. Many of the pieces have sponges, xenia and all have Neomeris annulata. I'd like to get rid of it all as I'm tearing down that tank. $65 for all.

Thanks

Just the rocks, not the hammer coral or button polyps in foreground.

Old 12/13/2005, 01:10 AM
Registered Member

got PM
Old 12/13/2005, 10:28 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by delusions
got PM
delusions, are you taking it all or are you willing to part w/a couple of peices?
Old 12/13/2005, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by delusions
got PM
delusions PM'd you back.

BTW- I need to mention, I'm not 100% flat worm free. Not much, but I do see them from time to time.
Old 12/14/2005, 02:20 AM
Premium Member

For the newbies - flatworm can easily be eradicated with Flatworm Exit (about $13 - $20 per bottle). Anyway - I don't want to turn this into the pros and cons of FWE.

Rich - are you looking for some live rocks? I have a tub out in the garage filled with LR. I don't know how "live" it is in this cold water. There's a pump running in it with water circulation, but no heater. Anyway - if you need some, let me know. Price = free for you. Let me know how much you need and approximate size.

Minh

Quote:
Originally posted by TCC
delusions PM'd you back.

BTW- I need to mention, I'm not 100% flat worm free. Not much, but I do see them from time to time.
Old 12/15/2005, 06:05 PM
Registered Member

Hey Minh, Is your rock flatworm free? I might have to come by and see what they look like (not too huge I hope)
Old 12/15/2005, 10:57 PM
Premium Member

Yes - they are FW free. I'll just bring some tomorrow and you are welcome to help yourself to whatever you want. Like I said the "live" part could be questionable because of the recent temperature.
Old 12/16/2005, 12:18 AM
Registered Member

Hey! No cuts about the flatworms my friends! I made "full disclosure!" I woulda treated the tank before this, but my dang order of FWE has been on backorder from Marine Depot since Nov 6!

Tough crowd!
Old 12/16/2005, 01:08 AM
Premium Member

TCC - do you want me to bring you some FWE? How big is your tank? I think I have a partially (mostly) used bottle at work that you are welcomed to. Price = free. I don't know how much is left and how many gallon of water it will treat. I have it at work to treat my nano tank, so I never really cared that there was very little.

I also have an almost new bottle at home. I think I used maybe 10 drops from it to dip some frags from the frag swap. If you want, you can have it, and replace it later when your new bottle comes in.

Just let me know and I can bring it to the meeting.

Minh
Old 12/16/2005, 09:19 AM
Registered Member

Sweeeeet Minh, thanks. You know if you fancy anything in my tank I'll give you a piece anytime.
Old 12/16/2005, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

ahhh, Minh you are so very sweet! Thank you for your very kind and generous offer. I really do appreciate it.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to the meeting this month. I really wish I could, it sounds like a great party! If that dang order from Marine Depot doesn't come in by next month, I may take you up on it at the January meeting!

thanks again.

Quote:
Originally posted by mn95616
TCC - do you want me to bring you some FWE? How big is your tank? I think I have a partially (mostly) used bottle at work that you are welcomed to. Price = free. I don't know how much is left and how many gallon of water it will treat. I have it at work to treat my nano tank, so I never really cared that there was very little.

I also have an almost new bottle at home. I think I used maybe 10 drops from it to dip some frags from the frag swap. If you want, you can have it, and replace it later when your new bottle comes in.

Just let me know and I can bring it to the meeting.

Minh
Old 12/17/2005, 10:44 PM
have fun with it!~)

Quote:
Originally posted by TCC
If that dang order from Marine Depot doesn't come in by next month, I may take you up on it at the January meeting!
i have read some posts that habib (salifert) will not be sending any FE into the usa until feb. 2006. fwiw!~)
!~)
Old 12/18/2005, 12:45 AM
Premium Member

I wonder what's up with that. TCC - if you can't wait, let me know and I can drop it in the mail for you.

Minh

Quote:
Originally posted by sagitariuscbc
i have read some posts that habib (salifert) will not be sending any FE into the usa until feb. 2006. fwiw!~)
!~)
Old 12/28/2005, 01:55 PM
have fun with it!~)

flat worm exit

I have a unused bottle for purchase if you're interested. the bottle is $15 LMK if this is of any interest to you. last time I bought it I was very determined to rid my tank of flat worms so I bought a few bottles.

Shawn!~)

Quote:
Originally posted by TC
Hey! No cuts about the flatworms my friends! I made "full disclosure!" I would have treated the tank before this, but my dang order of FWE has been on backorder from Marine Depot since Nov 6!

Tough crowd!

Last edited by sagitariuscbc; 12/28/2005 at 02:44 PM.
Old 12/28/2005, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

Shawn/Minh,

Thank you both for your kind offers. (sorry, I lost track of this thread). It is so nice to be in a club with so many kind and generous people!

The rock is gone, so I'm ok for now. In addition, I did receive my back-ordered FWE about a week ago! I guess they got the shipment in earlier than expected.

Thanks again, I really appreciate you guys!