Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > East Tennessee Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/05/2005, 05:10 PM
28" Rainbow Trout

Penductor mods

Is there a mod that will decrease the power of penductors? I've already drilled them out to ? about 1/8" bigger than originally bought . My problem is I cant point the penductors at any corals or the flow kills what it's touching. I love them for the added flow but I have a BB tank so I have to suspend everything possible and I have LOTS of buildup on my rocks within 6" ring of every coral. Not a good idea as the corals grow.

If I drill them again 1/8" bigger will that add to the flow? At what point do I reach diminishing effects? At what point do I ruin the penductors's ability to draw in additional water to push thru the cone? Has anyone made a mod that would split the flow to 20,33,45*? Thinking that even if it reduces the efficiency it would allow for a more spread flow that my sps can survive.

I've done a couple searches but haven't seen much about this problem. Any ideas?