Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Greater Minnesota Reef Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/13/2005, 05:50 PM
Registered Member

New to GMRS

Hey everyone! My name is Kelly and I've been reefing for nearly two years and I just found this. I go to Northland College in Ashland, WI and right now I have a 20L that has been running since the beginning of september. Here's a link to my thread of my tank on nano-reef.com. I really want to come to the duluth meet but I will be in Houghton on that day at a car race. Hopefully next month

and if there is anyone that does sps in Duluth, I'm totally willing to buy/trade some frags sometime next month and pretty much every chance I get after that

Here are some pics,

Old 10/13/2005, 06:26 PM
Registered Member

Welcome to the GMRS. There are a couple of people in the club that are into fuzzy sticks you might be able to get some frags from them.

Mark
Old 10/13/2005, 06:34 PM
Registered Member

Fuzzy sticks...

Not all are sticks...

Old 10/13/2005, 08:08 PM
Registered Member

There are a lot of good folks in the duluth area that share the passion. Send a PM to Fahz
Old 10/13/2005, 09:44 PM
Premium Member

Welcome to the forum. Both Fahz and I have a pretty good selection of sps. Next time you make it to Duluth, let one of us know. We live pretty close to each other. Too bad you can't make it to the next meeting. Maybe November.

Steve
Old 10/13/2005, 10:05 PM
Premium Member

Welcome Kelly be happy to have you join our group. Raven 567 and I are the SPS guys I guess. Be happy to give you the tour and fix you up anytime. My SPS tank is overgrowing fast so frags are plentiful.

Fahz
Old 10/13/2005, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

Welcome to the club!

If you need any weeds to help fill your tank there's a few of us others (non sps folk) that can help you out. Mushrooms, xenia, anthelia to name a few.

Glad to meet you.
Stacey
Old 10/13/2005, 10:54 PM
Registered Member

Welcome!
Old 10/13/2005, 10:56 PM
Registered Member

Wow!!! I had no idea that there were this many people in Duluth that cared so much about salt water fish. I'm actually going to be in Duluth this weekend for a subaru meet and would love to get to know some of you better. I will only have time on Sunday so if anyone wants to do anything or hang out or just talk about coral and whatnot, e-mail me and I can give you my cell or we can just schedule to meet somewhere. I don't get notified when there are pm's and I check me e-mail constantly, so that'd be best. Nice to hear from all of you and I'm soooo glad there are more people around that are into saltwater
Old 10/14/2005, 05:23 PM
Registered Member

For the record, I'm not from Duluth You have more around you then I have around me, that's for dang sure!