Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Responsible Reefkeeping
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/30/2005, 04:49 PM
Registered Member

IMO (In My Opinion)

I was just thinking today about somethings that bother me, so this thread is IMO. I think everyone should read it.

I was in a gas station parking lot. There is a Korean Church right next to where I was parked. There were about 5 brown Finch's moving about on the steps of the church and I started thinking. When our days began here on Earth, we had to adapt to the animals. The Sabre Toothed Cat was the top land-dwelling predator, therefor, in order to survive, we had to learn to kill it. In the jungles of India, we had to wear a mask on the back of our head in order to keep the tigers from attacking the humans. We had to learn to wear camoflauge in Africa that way we could blend into the surroundings and not be attacked by any predators. And now look, who is adapting now? Animals have to adapt to our living because we're the "top predator". We can kill anything, build anything, and destroy anything. There are probably species going extinct that we don't even know about. We're breeding animals for us, we're breeding multiple species together to make a better outcome for us, such as Mules. We are breeding animals using artificial insemenation. We're learning what chemicals kill animals and what kill humans. We're trying to play God. Hunting of Deer and other various grazers began because of their over population and eating habits. But look at us. How many children are without homes and are dying in Africa and Asia? Are we just going to go and kill them too? Look how we are killing the Earth by cutting down her tree's, digging up her oil, and polluting her atmosphere. Should we be hunted too? Millions of deer, buffalo, and goats of the like have been hunted just because they produce a little more than others and they like to graze on farmers produce. Oh well! They're animals, that's what they do. If they could read Do NOT Trespass, I'm sure they wouldn't. But they can't, they see food as food. I see people walking around with fur coats made of baby animals, purses and shoes made of alligator hide, rugs made of Zebra and bear. Do we think we can do whatever we want to do? Humans are beginning to make me disgusted to be one myself. I think it's better off the dinosaurs became extinct long before us, because we would've found a way to kill them too. The Bible was right after all, there is going to be a destruction of the Earth, and it won't be of "natural causes". We're killing the Earth, each other, and every inhabitant that exists on it today. God isn't going to kill us, we're going to kill us, and everything else with it!

I did not write this to offend anyone, it is just my personal beliefs that I wanted to share with you all....

Sincerely,
Travis
Old 07/30/2005, 05:03 PM
Registered Member

I Am 918734987% behind you. It is true. Many people do tests on animals. And claim it to be important. Well. Important is a relative term. I just sometimes sit and wonder what it would have been like if we where the animals that were being killed.
Old 07/31/2005, 12:18 AM
Registered Member

Kinda like Planet Of The Apes I imagine. But think about how well animals adapt and evolve. How intricate they are. How a cuttlefish can change it's color at any second. How a clown fish can change it's sex so it can mate. How a bear can go 4 months with only living off of it's own fat. How a deer can still run through a forest with 4-5 gunshot wounds tattered through its body. They're stronger, they're smarter, they're more evolved, they're hardier, and they've been here longer. I think if the animals did take over, we'd be screwed. I have a feeling we're in for a rude awakening.....

(Chants ABC's Survivor theme song in the background)
Old 07/31/2005, 11:29 AM
Registered Member

The worst of all is. We all have the power to stop this. It is just a matter of will.
Old 07/31/2005, 01:12 PM
Premium Member

I think we are animals. If it wasn't us it would be them. I do believe we should be taking better care of the planet though, at least until we find another one.
Old 07/31/2005, 10:02 PM
Ancient Eskimo Legend

Political post....closed.

"The wind blew, the detritus flew and then they came two by two."