Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07/08/2005, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

Fix for MaxiJets on Wavemaker

Well, if you read my earlier posts today, I was having trouble deciding if Maxijets would be quieter than the Aquaclear I had on my Wavemaster Pro. I broke down and bought 3 new Maxijet 600's (I have a 29 gallon tank) today and found that while they were a little quieter, they still "clicked" a lot when the wavemaker turned them on and off.

I tried the trick of supergluing the impeller to the magnet but it didn't work very well. What ended up working is stuff a little piece of foam (I used the stuff they put around outdoor lines going to an air conditioner condenser) in the two spaces between the magnet and impeller and - poof - the clicking is gone.

Just thought I'd share the info for anyone looking for a similar fix.
Old 07/09/2005, 12:13 AM
Registered Member

That is strange... although im using the natural wave as my wavemaker which is the same maker as maxijets... but i dont have any of your clicks.... I have 6 1200's... I too have aquaclear, and you are right that they are not designed to have too many on and offs...

This is a good fix for the problem.... great find.
Euroreef 6-1
Natural Wave with 5 maxijets