Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/20/2005, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

I just saved my anemone, it was awesome

So I get up this morning and my flouresent green BTA (with purple tips) wasn't looking so hot, so I wait until the lights turn on and it is only getting worse, its mouth was starting to expand it was shrunk up, etc, I really thought it was going to die and I was really bummed because it is an awesome anemone. So I test my water and my PH and alkalinity is way way low, I went to the LFS and they told me to use the Kent Marine super buffer dkh, so I used it and I couldn't believe how the anemone responded, within an hour it was back close to full health. I couldn't believe how fast the turn around was. Anyway, just wanted to share, I am stoked.
Old 05/20/2005, 07:50 PM
Registered Member

Some times i notice my BTA shrivels up. But it always seems to look good within an hour or 2.
Old 05/20/2005, 08:22 PM
Moved On

in my friends tank thats how my rbta is looking 24/7. really feel bad i have to leave it with him/
Old 05/23/2005, 01:44 AM
Registered Member

yea i know how you feel. my one friend always buys polys, coral, and other inverts. that just end up dead in a week or 2. i would take them off his hands but i dont want his bristle worms ending up in my tank.
Old 05/23/2005, 02:11 AM
Sharkbait, OO-HA-HA

Re: I just saved my anemone, it was awesome

Quote:
Originally posted by cital
So I get up this morning and my flouresent green BTA (with purple tips) wasn't looking so hot, so I wait until the lights turn on and it is only getting worse, its mouth was starting to expand it was shrunk up, etc, I really thought it was going to die and I was really bummed because it is an awesome anemone. So I test my water and my PH and alkalinity is way way low, I went to the LFS and they told me to use the Kent Marine super buffer dkh, so I used it and I couldn't believe how the anemone responded, within an hour it was back close to full health. I couldn't believe how fast the turn around was. Anyway, just wanted to share, I am stoked.
More then likely it was just taking a dump They will completely shrivel up like that from time to time.
Old 05/23/2005, 03:13 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mrreuben
i would take them off his hands but i dont want his bristle worms ending up in my tank.
Yes you do. Bristle worms are good scavengers.
I've never seen one do any harm other than get in a tug-of-war with an amphipod and a sexy shrimp over some pellet food. That was pretty amusing to watch. Heh.