Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Selling, Trading and Transaction Feedback Forums > Vendor Experiences
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/16/2005, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

REVIEW: Something Fishy - Allentown, PA

Hello,

I took a drive this weekend to "Something Fishy" in Allentown, PA (http://www.toofishy.com), and was very pleasantly surprised. Something Fishy is not your "run of the mill" LFS. They are focused solely on marine systems, and have a huge array of corals from which to choose. Further, their corals are extremely well-priced. They do sell fish, but their diversity lies mainly in their coral selection (at least from what I could see). In visiting their web page, you can order from them directly and I believe that they will custom order corals and fish for folks.

I was also very impressed with their liverock selection. They maintain large containers of varying types of high-quality cured live rock, and if you visit their store, you're permitted to hand-pick your selection.

The people at the store were extremely friendly and helpful. I spoke with Steve and Victoria, both of whom took time away from what they were doing to talk to me about some of the philosophies that are in place for their facility.

They've recently moved to their new facility, and there is still some tanks that are yet to be setup, but the majority of their tanks are setup and full of wonderful little critters for purchase. They also do sell dry goods of all types.

If you're ever in the Allentown, PA area, I highly recommend stopping by Something Fishy. It's a great marine aquarium store run by folks that really care about the quality of their products and aquarium husbandry as a whole.

Right now, they are open on Saturdays and Sundays only, and I believe that they will be open on Saturdays only through the summer. During the rest of the week, they are available via their website.

Just wanted to take a moment to share this with folks.

Deb
Old 05/16/2005, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

CORRECTION: Veronica, not Victoria

Sorry -- I referred to Victoria in my post below, but the woman's name was Veronica.

Doh!