Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Vermont Marine Aquarists (VMA)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/27/2004, 01:58 PM
Shake and bake!

Smile Robusta delivery... Dial-up beware

Well, I thought I'd take some pictures of the process...

This is when I first received the package, opened it up.

Bag leaked... Wet newspaper floating around with the coral... Smelled a little funny and was definitely VERY stressed.

This is a picture of my acclimation procedure... It worked VERY well. I siphoned through the 1/4" line and adjusted the valve so I was getting a steady drip. I made the drip rapid, because I knew the water quality inside the bag was horrible after shipment.

This is a picture of it in my tank... I didn't epoxy it yet, because I'm not sure where I want it. The lights are off, but I'm TRYING REALLY HARD not to turn them on to see how it looks!!!!

Here is a fuller picture of the tank to get an idea of how BIG it is

Sorry Brad and Tom... It didn't break in shipment, so it doesn't look like there are going to be any frags of it available immediately But I promise not to keep it ALL to myself...

Let me know how it looks. It's definitely stressed, but I don't think it's dying. I did see a few polyps extend out as soon as I placed it in the tank. I've got my fingers crossed the broken bags don't cause a big problem.

Old 08/27/2004, 02:00 PM
Shake and bake!

OH MY GOD

Sorry for the HUMONGOUS pictures... I need to edit these
Old 08/27/2004, 02:34 PM
This function is disabled

looks good

T

"Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits."
Old 08/28/2004, 04:29 PM
Premium Member

Very nice. That colt is huge!!
Old 08/29/2004, 07:17 PM
Premium Member

Hows the stag doing now?
Old 08/29/2004, 10:12 PM
Shake and bake!

Well the polyps were out and extended pretty nicely... Not getting a whole lot of color out of it yet unfortunately. Doesn't look like the one in the picture much, but I'm sure it's still pretty stressed and will need a while to color up right... That and I think they run their corals under Radiums which I'm sure has something to do with the color shift thus far.

All in all, tank looks GREAT! It's never been healthier. Blew a bunch of money on a 51" widescreen TV, so no more tank toys for a while. Good thing everything looks healthy now! Have to put the calcium reactor plan on the back burner for a while, unless I can find a good cheap used one.
Old 08/29/2004, 10:24 PM
Shake and bake!

You'll have to see it at the next meeting... I'm hoping it's still on for this Thursday?