Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/19/2004, 08:52 AM
Registered Member

need some coralline

i cant get my coralline to start growing rapidly, was told i need coralline to seed the tank. anyone want to hook me up??
Old 08/19/2004, 09:00 AM
Was Here

You should have Corraline Algea growing on your LR. If you take an old toothbrush and scrub it you'll spread around the spores, but it still takes a while before it's growing all over.
Old 08/19/2004, 08:12 PM
Registered Member

You don't have coralline at all on any of the rock? How long has the tank been set up. My tank is only 3 1/2 months only and I'm getting growth on the glass, returns, and of course have it all over my rock. If you don't have any, I can spare some small rubble to help you out.
Old 08/20/2004, 08:08 AM
Registered Member

i just dont get it, tank has been running for like 5 months. I do have some on my LR but not nearly the amount i should. my calcium and alk are perfect for haveing coralline. if you could help me out that would really be great!!!!

vary nice tank especially after only 3 1/2 months
Old 08/20/2004, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

I only added live sand, a couple of bags, then sand from other's tanks, same for the rock. I bought none uncured. Most of it came from tear downs. I really had a short cycle. I guess I'm lucky, but have had equipment problems since.
Old 08/20/2004, 10:18 PM
Moved On

your lucky!

Clwn
Old 08/20/2004, 10:23 PM
Registered Member

clwnphish, are you saying my tank is not normal for corraline growth? I tried to do it the right way after crashing a completely stocked 55 gal, but I never thought this would happen so fast. In the 55 gal reef, I never had corraline growth on the glass at all.