Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Colorado Rocky Mountain Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/08/2004, 03:46 PM
"Wise men still seek HIM"

Clown to big for Anenome?

I haven't tried keeping an Anenome for 15 years untill now. I'm wondering if y'all think a large Maroon Clown will damage this little Anenome? When the Anenome is small, the clown is bigger than it is....I ask, because the Anenome isn't inflating as much as it was before the clown discovered it. I don't want to see this Anenome die!...
Old 02/08/2004, 04:30 PM
PPP for HETMARC

All I can say is from personal experience, the anemone should adjust and will grow to accomodate the fish. My anemone was very small when my mated Percs started hosting in it and the anemone quickly grew larger (they fed it!) and within a month was large enough to have both of them buried amongst the tentacles! Watch closely. I assume that the anemone will soon let you know that he likes it or he hates it. Sweet picture.
patty
Old 02/08/2004, 05:54 PM

Thats what I'm worried about, if the anenome hates it, then it'll turn into a pile of spooge. I paid alot more for the anenome than the clown & would hate to see it go. Maybe I'll try to trade this Maroon clown in for a smaller model! Thanks Patty!
Old 02/09/2004, 12:13 AM
Registered Member

No need to worry. My GSM is about 3-4 inches and it was hosting in a quarter sized BTA, and a plate sized BTA. The tiny quarter sized anenome grew vary quickly and the clown fed it alot! So there is no need to worry, the clown IMO will make the anenome healthier!
Old 02/09/2004, 01:48 AM
Registered Member

don't worry, they make a nice couple!
Old 02/09/2004, 04:07 PM

Well, today the Anenome is no where to be seen, and the clown can't get to it. The clown acts like it knows the area of where the Anenome is by pacing the area like a nervous father at the maternity ward, but, I just don't see it. Do Anenomes play hard to get?
Old 02/09/2004, 04:14 PM
Registered Member

The anenome will move around the tank until it finds a spot it likes. They can also squish down to almost nothing, so it is probably just behind a rock and trying to find a spot it likes. It will be ok i think!