Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Dallas/Fort Worth Marine Aquarium Society (DFWMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/09/2003, 01:38 AM
Registered Member

Good stores in Big-D

I am going back home to big-D for christmas and wish to know some good stores to visit.
Old 12/09/2003, 02:51 PM
Premium Member

Well, they vary. Here's my .02 for some common ones.

Dallas North Aquarium in Carrollton - Pretty new store, big selection, big $$$

Saltwater Paradise in Irving - New store too, very nice coral setups, big $$ usually too

Aquatic Designs in Plano - Havent' been there myself but it gets good reviews.

Planet Pet in Bedford - Mediochre selection, reasonable pricing, good prices on dry goods. They are remodeling though so they don't have a lot of displays.

You can check out some of our local boards to get more reviews of other places: www.yourreeftank.com, www.dfwmas.com (forum).

HTH. Let us know where you go! The first two are probably the best to go to while visiting.
Old 12/14/2003, 02:28 PM
Registered Member

There is also FIsh Paradise in West Ft. Worth or a new store that is ALL salt in North Richland Hills - FIsh Warehouse.
Old 12/15/2003, 03:25 PM
Registered Member

hey,

do you know a guy that works at a lfs in san diego? I cant remember the name of the place, but I do remember there ad saying something about they used too be wholesale , and I remember that they have like a Huge skimmer for the central plumbed system, but any-ways the guy in there was from the hurst-eulless-bedford area of texas and I was just wondering if maybe u had a slight clue of who I am taling about... guess its a little confusing. but if you do know who I am talkin about please pm me.

thanks, too all a good day!

Hand feeding corals at 5 in the morning: Priceless
Old 12/15/2003, 03:28 PM
Registered Member

The store is Aquatic Warehouse www.aquaticwarehouse.com
not sure who you are refering to though.
Old 12/19/2003, 10:10 AM
Premium Member

Planet Pet is closing

Just head on DFWMAS forum that planet pet is closing its operation. A few members who visited said that there are not many items left.
Old 12/19/2003, 11:01 AM
Premium Member

Wow, well they had some good deals sometimes. We did go in there about a week ago and they had like half the fish supply area gone. I just thought they were remodeling.
Old 12/27/2003, 11:45 PM
Registered Member

I used to live in Dallas and LOVED Dallas North Aquarium!!