Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/13/2003, 06:01 PM
Registered Member

College Football

I'm afraid to, but I'm starting to believe the Michigan v Oklahoma hype. As far as Notre Dame and Texas go
BOOMER SOONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09/13/2003, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

fsu all the way
Old 09/13/2003, 08:39 PM
Registered Member.

NU

sorry guys but this is the year for the cornhuskers
Old 09/13/2003, 08:50 PM
Aspiring Polymath

Go Blue! I was expecting a win, but a shutout/blowout made my weekend.
Old 09/13/2003, 08:55 PM
possum chauffeur

The Irish got rocked!!!

Michigan has one of the best college defenses I have ever seen.
Old 09/13/2003, 09:58 PM
Registered Member

I agree, Michigan is looking awesome.

A little warning on the Sooners. Never bet the spread..I've seen 2 people lose several thousand dollars the past two weeks. Stoops plays only to win and will always put the second string in when he knows we have the game in hand. He's the only coach I know of that will put the backups in with 10 minutes still left in a game.

This is NOT Nebraska's year but they are certainly working their way back up which is good since we get them on our schedule again beginning next year. I hate the Big 12 North/South thing. It's Tx and OK and then everyone else in the Big 12.

Ohio State is going to pay for those 3 overtimes.
Old 09/13/2003, 10:26 PM
Reeftard. Bonafide.

Quote:
Originally posted by bubbletip
I agree, Michigan is looking awesome.

A little warning on the Sooners. Never bet the spread..I've seen 2 people lose several thousand dollars the past two weeks. Stoops plays only to win and will always put the second string in when he knows we have the game in hand. He's the only coach I know of that will put the backups in with 10 minutes still left in a game.

This is NOT Nebraska's year but they are certainly working their way back up which is good since we get them on our schedule again beginning next year. I hate the Big 12 North/South thing. It's Tx and OK and then everyone else in the Big 12.

Ohio State is going to pay for those 3 overtimes.
Ummmm, it's definitely not Texas.
Reefing Law #22: The more a coral costs, the greater the likelihood it will die in your tank.
Old 09/14/2003, 12:25 AM
Registered Member

If Oklahoma or Michigan blows it (OSU, KSU and Miami will)...watch out for the Hokies.
Old 09/14/2003, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
If Oklahoma or Michigan blows it (OSU, KSU and Miami will)...watch out for the Hokies.
OU has a tough road, Michigan only has Iowa and the Bucks to really be concerned with after Oregon next week (and everyone says OSU can't keep winning, but they find a way ). I'd keep an eye on USC if any of those teams stumble.

"Nature breaks through the eyes of the cat." -Irish Proverb
Old 09/14/2003, 10:07 AM
RC Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by dendronepthya
Go Blue! I was expecting a win, but a shutout/blowout made my weekend.
That made my day. I was looking for a 24-17 or 21-10 type of win. Against WSU ND looked like they had an decent defense.

I would worry more about Colorado than Texas in the Big 12. Texas seems to blow the big games, but colorado is the kind of team that sneaks up on people and suddenly starts playing well at strange times. KSU will fall without Roberson.

Dave
Old 09/14/2003, 10:18 AM
Reeftard. Bonafide.

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolverine
KSU will fall without Roberson.
KSU ... lol. Nobody picks them because aside from the fact they continue to play a seriously patsy non-conference schedule, they simply cannot win the big game when it counts. Snyder may have brought the Mildcats out of the cellar but it's almost worse to see them win but have it never amount to anything.

O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D!
Reefing Law #22: The more a coral costs, the greater the likelihood it will die in your tank.
Old 09/14/2003, 10:42 AM
RC Mod

Quote:
Originally posted by jdsabin1
KSU ... lol. Nobody picks them because aside from the fact they continue to play a seriously patsy non-conference schedule, they simply cannot win the big game when it counts. Snyder may have brought the Mildcats out of the cellar but it's almost worse to see them win but have it never amount to anything.

O-V-E-R-R-A-T-E-D!
Give them credit for consistency. Overrated, beat up on crummy teams, lose to the good ones, start over next season.
I loved yesterday when Terry Bowden said he won't even discuss them until they play a "real team".
Old 09/14/2003, 11:04 AM
Huh???

somebody is feeling big because their Iowa Browneyes, I mean Hawkeyes won the "coveted" Cy-Hawk trophy.

Just kidding of course.....wish that KSU would beef up their schedule a little earlier in the season and not start with these lame teams like Mcneese state. You should hear people talk around Manhattan....."Marshall ain't no pushover!".........whatever
Old 09/14/2003, 11:22 AM
Reeftard. Bonafide.

Quote:
Originally posted by capt. insano
somebody is feeling big because their Iowa Browneyes, I mean Hawkeyes won the "coveted" Cy-Hawk trophy.

Just kidding of course.....wish that KSU would beef up their schedule a little earlier in the season and not start with these lame teams like Mcneese state. You should hear people talk around Manhattan....."Marshall ain't no pushover!".........whatever
Actually, I am a Nebraska transplant so the Huskers are my team. I was cheering for ISU since they're in our conference. Perhaps this is the year that KSU gets over the hump? As long as a Big 12 team wins the 'Fake Div 1 NCAA National Championship' I'm good with that although I don't see any team playing as good as the Michigan Wolverines are right now, albeit it's still very early in the season.
Old 09/14/2003, 12:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Ummmm, it's definitely not Texas.
No it's definately NOT Texas
Old 09/14/2003, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Wolverine
I would worry more about Colorado than Texas in the Big 12. Texas seems to blow the big games, but colorado is the kind of team that sneaks up on people and suddenly starts playing well at strange times.
Texas A&M has a way of doing that also. We'll find out next week when they play Virginia Tech.
Old 09/14/2003, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

yes to admit michigan played some good foot ball and my team fsu played like crap but if they can get it together they might just do it
Old 09/14/2003, 07:39 PM
Registered Member

GO CANES !!!
Old 09/15/2003, 07:44 AM
ETRC Webjourneyman

Crud. Georgia Tech almost pulled one on Florida State. Lost 14-13. On the bright side, I have never seen a true freshman quarterback (Ball) play like Tech's did in the first half.
Old 09/15/2003, 12:36 PM
the cheaper reefer

Quote:
....."Marshall ain't no pushover!".........whatever
If their quaterback could restrain himself from excessive celebration, he might not be wearing that ankle brace, and they wouldn't be a pushover. KSU will still not cover.

Runner..gutsy performance by Tech, don't start sounding like Vandy fans with that moral victory stuff though...

Michigan has looked good but have yet to be tested by a decent team, and won't be until their bowl game. Notre Dame looked good on the scedule early, but really aren't that good. Oregon might be their toughest game all year. Buckeyes will have lost twice by then. They will suffer from their strength of schedule late in the year.

Gator Fans start practicing your Rocky Top, its time for the hillbillie invasion. Oh and remember this name, Cedric Houston. You will be hearing it a lot on Saturday.
Old 09/15/2003, 12:41 PM
the cheaper reefer

Double post, dang server busy crap
Old 09/15/2003, 01:43 PM
Reeftard. Bonafide.

kev - As much as I want the Vols to win, I have a feeling they are going to get trounced playing the Gators. Florida just has too much offensive horsepower and quick strike capability for Tennessee to overcome.

Florida - 38
Tenn - 13

*shrug*
Old 09/15/2003, 02:03 PM
the cheaper reefer

You might be right (i'd say about 30% chance), JD, but Not So Fast, My Friend. The vols are coming off a week to prepare, just like they were in 2001. The attitude poblems are dealt with. The Gators are not as good defensively as they think they are, and they are not emotionally recovered from Miami. They will score some points though, so it will be much closer than that. Ball control. Field goals. Defense. Turnovers. The one question is UT's secondary, have they moved too many guys over to offense?

UT 24
UF 21

congrats on Nebraska avenging last years visit to PSU
Old 09/15/2003, 02:07 PM
ETRC Webjourneyman

Quote:
kev - As much as I want the Vols to win, I have a feeling they are going to get trounced playing the Gators. Florida just has too much offensive horsepower and quick strike capability for Tennessee to overcome.
Most of the people around my office fear this is so. And I certainly hope so. The more they lose the easier it is for me to find an actual employee at Home Depot (think about it for a minute).
Old 09/15/2003, 02:25 PM
the cheaper reefer

You one vely funny guy. Yeah Home Depot employees, deer hunters and roadside trash collectors are all UT Fans. Ha Ha Ha.