Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09/08/2003, 07:18 PM
Moved On

Looking for some Chemiclear for cyno algae

Anyone have any they can sell? I have used it in my 65 gallon and withing 2 days it was all gone and the tank is beautiful again. So I want to get some to keep on hand. I only got enough for one dose for the tank from a guy on ebay. Can pick up or if you can send via first class mail in zip lock that would be great to. Thanks all. Karen
Old 09/08/2003, 07:25 PM
Moved On

All Aquatics has some
Old 09/08/2003, 07:57 PM
Moved On

Thanks Gregg, will run up there tomorrow, I was up in that area today but forgot they were there. karen
Old 09/08/2003, 09:04 PM
Moved On

They are not open on monday or tuesaday's.
Old 09/08/2003, 09:31 PM
Moved On

Oh shoot, I forgot , thanks for the reminder, will go on thursday after work. Karen
Old 09/11/2003, 10:01 PM
Registered Member

Hey if Cyno is a bacteria and the chemical kills the cyno, wouldn't it also kill benefical bacteria also?
Old 09/11/2003, 10:30 PM
Moved On

I have used the stuff a few years ago a few times on a reef tank when I was new to this and it worked real well and had not side affects that I could tell. I can usally solve the problems now with out it with water changes and figuring out where it is coming from but some times it is just a new tank syndrome and after one does it doesnt come back some times that is.