Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Seahorses & Pipefish
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/31/2003, 11:59 AM
Moved On

Stressing my horses?

Well I am curious a couple times a week I will stick my hand in the tank and a couple of my horses will come hitch on to my fingers, does this stress them? They have come very accustomed to me and I was just wondering if this is ok. I believe it is cuz it is voluntary on their part but maybe they dont know better, anyway give me some of your opinions. Thanks
Old 08/31/2003, 05:18 PM
Registered Member

Hi Alguy344,
Congratulations on bonding with your horses.
A number of my Mustangs do this and it never fails to thrill me no matter how many times they do it. Enjoy.
Old 09/01/2003, 08:06 PM
Registered Member

Hi: This news is apprediated, I really was afraid that putting my hands in the tank would harm my seahorse. But George like's to hold onto my finger or the baster. Sure glad it won't harm him in any way. I alway's wash in water good befor I do this.
Old 09/02/2003, 10:03 AM
Registered Member

Hi Dapet,
You make a very good point about washing. We never want to introduce anything into our tanks, such as soap,lotion or perfumes. Just scrubbing hands and arms with water .

George sounds like a real sweetie.
Old 09/04/2003, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

Thank's Jenny:
Good job you have, I worked for a attorney for seven year's. At 70 just mess around. Do craft show's and two seahorse tank's. A male lulu besides George in a 55 gal. Will get mates when I can. Texas is a great place. Take care of the horses (six tank's wow.