Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Capital District Marine Aquarist Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/01/2003, 03:37 PM
Registered Member

2 quick questions???

If I put the zoo's that I just received onto a rock, and put wedding veil over it to hold in place.

1. Will they attach to the rock?

2. How long will it take approximately for them to attach (assuming that they can attach this way)???

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...Mike
Old 06/01/2003, 06:42 PM
Premium Member

You can rest them on a rock where there's not a lot of flow and they should start growing on it. Or you can superglue them to the rock. I super glued some of mine to my overflow box. My best guess for time would be a week or two. If you use super glue, 15 seconds

Be careful about touching them because they can be very poisonous. It's rare that they release the poison, but possible. I read this in Eric Borneman's Aquarium Corals book.

Vin
Old 06/02/2003, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

Glue Question???

What particular super glue can I use?

Can it be something that I find in WalMart or Home Depot, or is it something totally different?

Product name(s) would be very helpful

Thanks...Mike
Old 06/02/2003, 10:47 AM
Registered Member

Any super glue works, but it has to be Gel! Non gel won't work at all, much too runny.
Old 06/02/2003, 10:51 AM
Premium Member

This is the glue I use. Make sure to get the gel in the blue container. I recently got the liquid in the red bottle by accident and it didn't work very well. I get it at wal mart. It's usually near the hardware and paint. You don't want the super glue that's in the stationary section.

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/Locti...id=34&plid=195

There's a lot of different glues that people use. You can do a search on this site to learn more.
Old 06/02/2003, 11:01 AM
Registered Member

Thanks much guys...

Thanks much you guys...

Going to Wal-Mart on my lunch hour to pick this stuff up, and glue down the zoos. I'll be updating my site tomorrow with new pics of everything and a few shots of the tank as a whole.

Water change tonight....Yeahh

Mike