Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Connecticut Area Reef Society (C.T.A.R.S.)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/19/2003, 10:04 PM
Not bad, drawn that way

Next Meeting - May 31st 2:00 Cheshire, CT

Life has been pretty hectic for me these last few weeks but I at least wanted to get a quick post out about the next meeting.

Schedule is for May 31st (the Saturday after Memorial Day weekend) at my house in Cheshire. I thought 2:00 might be a good time to start.

Let me know if you plan to come and I'll attempt to keep the thread updated.

I'll email directions to all paid members and anyone else who says their coming and gives me an email address (PM's or emails are fine).

I'll provide a few snacks and drinks, but donations will also be welcome.

Happy Easter everyone. Catch you all later.

Mickey
Old 04/20/2003, 05:05 AM
Registered Member

Looking forward to it! As of right now I have nothing planned...and tax season is over. Hope to make it and looking forward to having one at your place.
Old 04/20/2003, 07:15 AM
Acro-Nut

Sent you a PM............
Old 04/20/2003, 08:05 AM
ichthus <><

Mike and I plan to be there. Maybe Egan can come too. Are we doing any trades or raffles?
Old 04/20/2003, 09:56 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation

i plan on attending also, i PM'd you
Old 04/20/2003, 07:34 PM
Not bad, drawn that way

Meeting Update

Here's the list of attendees as of 04/20/2003:

1. ThingsReef (Bill)
2. PNCStod (Paul) plus wife and 1 yr.old son
3. Ladymagicka (Danielle)
4. Minh, Mike and Egan
Old 04/21/2003, 08:15 AM
Huh ?

I should be there as well.
Old 04/21/2003, 10:16 AM

Count me in
Old 04/21/2003, 11:22 AM
Registered Member

Next Meeting

I won't be there ..will be away but i will be thinking of you all trading and having a great time. See you next month if your looking for a park J.B. Williams in Glastonbury Ct. is a great place for a party it has a Kitchen and a covered grilling area. Its right off Rt. 2 exit 9 http://www.nelsap.org/ct/jbwilliams.html
Fishgal

Last edited by fishgal53; 04/21/2003 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04/21/2003, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

J.B. Williams in Glastonbury Ct. is booked almost every weekend in the summer if you are interested call this # 652-7678 and its $75.00
Old 04/21/2003, 01:38 PM
Registered Member

I would like to try to be there, but I am not all that positive that I will make it. At some point, this kid is going to pop out and seeing as how I've never done this before, I may still be sticking close to home at that point. Due date is next Wed., but this one doesn't seem to be in any rush to come out and play yet - probably waiting for the weather to get nicer, I know I would. I will have to let you know as the meeting gets closer. At least I have more time to watch my tank!
Old 04/21/2003, 03:25 PM
ichthus <><

Leslie, I think you should come anyways. I've delivered tons of babies, and I've always wanted to do a home birth. What, no go? Oh well, maybe on your second baby when you're old hat at the whole labor and delivery thing. Maybe you'll deliver beforehand and can bring your child with you. that would be way cool.
Old 04/21/2003, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

Mickey, sent you a PM, I'm planning on attending...looking forward to meeting you all...see you there...Jason
Old 04/21/2003, 04:45 PM
Registered Member

Minh delivering Leslie's baby at the meeting

That would be the all time best reef meeting. I can't stop laughing thinking about it. I can hear it now, "Quick, somebody boil some Kalkwasser, Leslie's about to give birth!!"
Old 04/21/2003, 05:38 PM

I have the massage end of things covered...lol... Leslie seems like the thing to do
Old 04/21/2003, 07:25 PM
Premium Member

This kind of sucks. I've been wanting to hook up with you guys for a meeting, but you keep scheduling them when I can't make it. The weekend of the 31st I'll be in Chicago. Maybe next time...

-Todd
Old 04/21/2003, 08:08 PM
Not bad, drawn that way

Leslie:

Try to come. They won't let this baby be more than 2 weeks late so by then it will be two or three weeks old. More than old enough to come out.

It's been a long time since mine were babies and I'd love to hold her or him.

Mickey
Old 04/21/2003, 09:55 PM
ichthus <><

Well, Todd, maybe just for you, we can have an in-between get together just for the heck of it. How about VN food in E Hartford? Mike and I are always up for that.

And as for delivering babies. First, the first child is always the hardest and longest. I've labored with women for over 48 hours, and it's not fun for her or me. Second, when the baby actually comes, it's just like a quarterback catching the ball after the HUT is called. Just don't fumble! Mickey is right though. If you are due in a few days, the longest the doctors will go before they induce you is 42 weeks.
Old 04/22/2003, 01:11 PM
Registered Member

Tell me more about the club and meetings....I live in Cheshire and would love to hook up with other area reefers.....
Old 04/22/2003, 02:09 PM
Registered Member

You guys keep me laughing like this and the kid will be here in NO time! And my husband did play a lot of football so there shouldn't be any fumbles

I'll try to make it, all the family should be gone and I know I will want to be getting out and about
Old 04/22/2003, 06:22 PM
Registered Member

Count me in.
Old 04/22/2003, 08:34 PM
Not bad, drawn that way

Wetone -
We are just a group of people, varied backgrounds, but all very interested in reefs. Some have been involved for years and some are new. Our meetings are an opportunity to get together, talk, share stories, ask questions, compare notes, etc. Occasionally we have a speaker and we would love to do more of that if more members will speak up and volunteer. We just started meeting at people's houses.

The next meeting is at my house in Cheshire so it should be very easy for you. It's on Saturday, May 31st at 2:00. I'll send directions out once I get around to writing them.

Hope to see you then.

Mickey
Old 04/22/2003, 09:06 PM
Reef Addict

Talking

Im there... should I bring clean towels? Just in case Minh needs them...
Old 04/22/2003, 10:18 PM
Premium Member

In between get-together sounds good to me. What does VN stand for? Vietnamese? If so, I'd have to say that I've never tried it before, but if it's anything like Thai, Korean, Japanese or Chinese I'd likely become a fan pretty quickly!

Hopefully I'll be able to make the next full blown meeting. The only downside is the distance -- anyone in the club hail from down Stamford way? I'm in the process of building a house in Monroe right now (which includes my dream tank), so at least when I move the meetings will be closer.

-Todd
Old 04/23/2003, 06:42 AM
Registered Member

Yup, VN = Vietnamese...I've never had the food either, but since Minh lives so close, I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before I do.

I use to live down in Norwalk, I'm guessing from Stamford it should only take you between an 1 to 1 1/2 hrs to get to Cheshire, probably head up Rt 8 if I remember correctly...