Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona - Fish & Reef Aquarium Group (FRAG)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/27/2007, 01:47 PM
Registered Member

Angry NO TANK Back to ground zero

HI everyone and thanks Jeff for the company but we went to Tempe to get that tank only to come home empty handed. The guy told me he said 275 not 100. I told him I had the email and that was the reason I was buying it for a good deal and that I did not have that much to spend.
So back to ground zero no tank no nothing so here we go again ha. It was worth it to meet Jeff another nice reef caregiver and what was meant to happen did I suppose but I did not get the tank and removed the photos from my gallery so I have nada lol.
thank you all and I am searching again for a way to start that I can afford so if anyone knows anyone that will take payments let me know.
thanks
Ron and Kathy
Old 12/27/2007, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

Lame, I hate it when people do that. Tell you one price just to get you out there, then jack it up and hope that you'll do it anyway since you want it and made the trip...must have been a car salesman

People do that when buying things too...I've had stuff on craigslist before where we agree on a price, they show up and offer me half and try to get me to let it go for that little because they are there and I want it gone...I tell them to go home

But that's pretty lame for him to say 100 in an email and then screw you like that. Oh well, that's Phoenix for you
Old 12/27/2007, 04:31 PM
Registered Member

That is Life in the big city

He claimes he never told me that, the only good thing was that I offered to pay him for it first and we did not break the tank down and all he looked at me and said what is this and I said the hundred you said and he said he never said that he said 275, I told him thanks but I did not drive there for it knowing his price other than the hundred, and on top of that it was not even a 45 it was a 30 gallon! I just said sorry but I wont buy it and we left it at that and Jeff and me had a talk and a nice drive so I am looking to find someone that can work on payments with me on a setup possibly.
thanks again
Ron and Kathy
Old 12/28/2007, 12:58 PM
Registered Member

Bummer, like the saying goes things happen for a reason, have you checked into possibly getting a tank at a store like Petsmart, they may have the no interest financing, I know Ebay has stuff like that and theres a guy locally that sells tanks on Ebay. : ) Hang in there it will be worth the wait.
Old 12/28/2007, 07:51 PM
Premium Member

Ron, sorry to hear about this. I'm not sure if this is in the size you are wanting, but I have a complete 70 gallon Oceanic setup that needs nothing but a buyer--I've posted it here a few times, but with no luck so far. It's a high end tank and stand (wood grain trim, cherry stand), 250 watt hamilton metal halide pendant, deep sand bed, 50+ pounds of rock (currently in water in a trash can with circulating water--does not need to be recured), skimmer, powerheads, heater, etc... PM me if interested.
This may be smaller than what you want, but here was the thread:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1185940
Old 12/28/2007, 08:51 PM
Mushroom King

Dang, Dog you still haven't sold that bad boy yet

Dam these Mushrooms why must I love shrooms so much. If only I could grow somthing else >:)

"Ya I shot ya....What you gonna do about it ??" Cupid
Old 12/28/2007, 10:53 PM
Premium Member

I haven't tried to sell this yet. I would like $150 for it. 40 Gallon Tank, Stand, some Live Rock & a HOB Skimmer that will need a pump.

Old 12/29/2007, 03:55 AM
Mushroom King

Quote:
Originally posted by ArizonaReefer
I haven't tried to sell this yet. I would like $150 for it. 40 Gallon Tank, Stand, some Live Rock & a HOB Skimmer that will need a pump.

There ya guys go badda-bing.

Dam these Mushrooms why must I love shrooms so much. If only I could grow somthing else >:)

"Ya I shot ya....What you gonna do about it ??" Cupid
Old 12/29/2007, 08:25 AM
Ruger dog

good deal
Old 12/29/2007, 09:15 AM
Registered Member

hate to do this but i want that tank.....
Old 12/29/2007, 09:55 AM
Registered Member

I have a 70 gal tennecor center overflow $100
I also have a lot of used equipment that I am sorting through.
Old 12/29/2007, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bajabum

I also have a lot of used equipment that I am sorting through.
If you find you have any lights for a 36" tank, drop me a line