Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/25/2007, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

Benefit of CMAS paid member

What is the benefit of becoming a paid member of CMAS? Is it only that you ger more forum? Can't you get the samething at Reef Central...?
Old 12/25/2007, 07:03 PM
Frag-a-holic

You will also get a membership card that will get you 10-20% off at our supporting LFS's, you can attend the meetings(not AA) which usually have a raffle as well as some knowledge to be learned, and you get the honor to be one of the distinguished group that can call themselves CMAS Members!

Save a reef, trade a frag!
Old 12/25/2007, 08:05 PM
OT Hijacker Boob

AA has raffles?
they didn't last night

you mean these threads have topics?
Old 12/25/2007, 08:37 PM
Registered Member

Karen, AA has a raffle for a free case of beer. (just for you)
Old 12/25/2007, 09:45 PM
aka Knucklehead

Aside from the jokes above, here is the CMAS membership information from our website:

CMAS Membership Information

Bob Sosolik - CMAS Membership Chairperson

CMAS is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the preservation and education of marine aquarists and their hobby. For more in-depth history and information read "About CMAS" and "Meetings" (links found on home page). CMAS is supported by (LFS) Local area Fish Stores by giving members discounts on their purchases. These generous merchants are listed under "CMAS supporters" and you are encouraged to patronize them.

How much does a CMAS membership cost and what do I get?

To join our great organization APPLICATION:

„X Regular or Commercial One Year - $20.00/One-year
„X Regular or Commercial Two Year - $30.00/Two-years
„X Student (18 or under) - $8.00/year

Our society is aimed at ALL marine aquarists regardless of experience. You will get to meet and make friends with many knowledgeable people in your hobby at our monthly meetings. You will also receive the following benefits: these web pages, guest speakers, raffles, field trips, discounts from area pet stores, and much more!!!! The majority of our meetings are held at the DeVry University Campus on Swift Road in Addison, IL, which is just off I-355. Please note meeting location on website or email notices.

APPLICATION to join CMAS
To join CMAS, go to the websiteand download APPLICATION. Print out the application. Fill it out and mail it, along with a check made out to CMAS, to the address on the application.

Alternately, you can attend a meeting and fill out an application at the meeting. You can attend most meetings without becoming a member. This is a great way for prospective members to gather information about CMAS. Note that some special meetings (generally field trips) are restricted to members only. This will be noted on the web site. You can still attend these special meetings provided you join the same day of the meeting.

Non-members requesting more information

If you need more information you can e-mail Bob Sosolik at twoslik904@sbcglobal.net. Another option is to attend one of the meetings listed on this web site, ask questions, and receive an application. (Check the web site to make sure it is not a meeting restricted to members only.)

If you are computer-challenged and a friend is reading this to you. Have your friend e-mail your questions and mailing address to Bob Sosolik at twoslik904@sbcglobal.net. You can also mail your questions and address to Bob at the address listed on the APPLICATION. You will be put on a temporary mailing list and receive the next newsletter (a brief one page summary of the web site).

Thankyou for your interest in Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society!

Boyd

Hey, frag that for me, will ya?

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!
Old 12/25/2007, 10:33 PM
Registered Member

You also get this really cool membership card that I always forget at home or forget to take out of my pocket that would have gotten me discounts or free gifts at the sponsers stores had I shown it.

Shawn
Old 12/25/2007, 10:34 PM
Registered Member

...and to think Boyd typed that from memory. OK, maybe not the first line.

Fahad, join and you will soon learn Boyd is the object of many a joke. And he's not too bad as president either. (He paid me for that)
Old 12/25/2007, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

Addison would be OK for me for meetings but what day/times are they most often? I work 2nd shift so that may rule me out.
Old 12/25/2007, 10:40 PM
aka Knucklehead

Quote:
Originally posted by fatmtbiker
Addison would be OK for me for meetings but what day/times are they most often? I work 2nd shift so that may rule me out.
Sorry about that!

We usually have our meetings on the third Saturday of the month. I know that Saturday afternoons are impossible for some, but we tried to come up with a day that people could put into their calendar.

Boyd

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level, and beat you with experience!
Old 12/25/2007, 10:41 PM
Registered Member

Cool Beans. Is the objective mostly "REEF" because I only have a FOWLR with some mushrooms. Would I benefit?
Old 12/25/2007, 10:49 PM
aka Knucklehead

Quote:
Originally posted by fahadahmed
Cool Beans. Is the objective mostly "REEF" because I only have a FOWLR with some mushrooms. Would I benefit?
Yes, you would definitely benefit...... As long as you don't get mixed up with DaveBien!

We should have the paypal payments set up on the CMAS website within the next few weeks and that should help. There will be some exciting web-based things happening for 2008, but I'm just teasing all of those who have been waiting for them!

Have a Happy New Year!

Boyd

Old 12/25/2007, 11:27 PM
Registered Member

Hey!!!!! I resemble that remark!!!!!
Old 12/25/2007, 11:31 PM
Registered Member

I AM WAITING FOR THE PAYPAL TO BECOME A FULL MEMBER TO THE CLUB
Old 12/26/2007, 01:57 AM
barnacle boy

students 8$!!!!!!!!!
doest that include college students? if yes, someone owes me 12 dollars lol i been a college student for as long as i can remember.
Old 12/26/2007, 02:04 AM
aka Knucklehead

Quote:
Originally posted by 69beetle69
I AM WAITING FOR THE PAYPAL TO BECOME A FULL MEMBER TO THE CLUB
PAYPAL will be set up on the site within a few days!

Thanks for your patience!

Boyd

Old 12/26/2007, 04:54 PM
OT Hijacker Boob

do ministers get a discount?

you mean these threads have topics?
Old 12/26/2007, 06:02 PM
aka Knucklehead

Quote:
Originally posted by karenL
do ministers get a discount?

http://members.shaw.ca/cybernana/fun...k/dominick.htm