Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > The Lounge
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/18/2007, 07:45 PM
Simply Complicated

Angry Stupid pen, stupid clothes, stupid boys! More than 5 lines

ARGH!!! STUPID STUPID STUPID

Here is my rant for the week. As some of you know I have gotten a part time night job to keep up with my son's hospital bills from the staph infection surgery. Stupid bills also since I'm on a rant!

I've been burning the candle at both ends now for months. I WILL NOT let my duties as a mother and wife in anyway go by the way side. There fore I am doing everything as I always do just later at night or earlier in the morning depending on how you look at it.

I had to get a load of dress clothes done so that hubby has golf clothes for Sunday because I'm going to be in and out and had to make sure the BOYS had what they needed. Last night at 3 am I take the clothes from the washer to the dryer, turn it on and go clean the kitchen. Dryer goes off I open it and find the entire load of permanent press COVERED in black ink. My favorite clothes were in there also. It's 3:45am and I'm standing there with my mouth wide open. I pulled out all the clothes and just shook my head then I went to bed.

Seems that my son (THIS TIME) left a bic pen in his khaki shorts and it came apart in the dryer. At 6:20 am when hubby went to the laundry room to get his clothes I hear......WHAT THE BLEEP BLEEP and BLEEP is this BLEEP?! I get up go in and explain that an ink pen was washed and dried and it ruined the clothes.

He promptly stated "You'll just have to check the pockets before you wash clothes" Be and my lack of sleep charming self that I was promptly state "So the Eagles are coming to town", got my coffee and went outside.

Later he said he would make sure from now on he took the sharpies out of his pockets and will tell the boy to check his pockets and apologized for his out burst.
Old 12/18/2007, 07:56 PM
Cancer Sucks

Twice now, my wife has washed pens with my permanent press. They came from HER pockets though. One time was a whole load of new shirts fresh out of the boxes getting thier first wash, and she threw in a pair of her pants. I just had to laugh and reassure her it was OK; It was just nice to have my laundry done!

And I'm glad that I didn't over react. This last weekend I did several loads and didn't separate her new red semi-formal dress from the company Christmas party...

She now has a lot of pink socks and shirts.

Sorry Aliie.
Hope you don't have to work so hard for too long.

"There either is or there isn't life out there. Both possibilites are frightening."
(someone help me out - who said this?)
Old 12/18/2007, 08:04 PM
Registered Member

aweee I feel your pain- this has happened to me b/f also. I refuse to check pockets and everyone in this house knows it!!! If I happen to find something in somebody's pocket, well it will sit b/c I will NOT remove it ... I figure if I'm washing it then they can at least clean out their pockets ...

glad hubby apologized to you, did it make ya feel a bit better?

Christy...

so...what are you wearing...?

panties...?

lace panties...?

that's what I'm wearing - ScubaDave and the telemarketer...

Life can be short, just like me... Live it to the fullest!!! Family is always there for you NO matter what, just like a "true friend" would be... A cheat is a cheat, and are always busted...
Old 12/18/2007, 08:08 PM
Premium Member

my mrs policy is something like, if you dont want it washed dont put it in the laundry...

then she promptly picks up the stuff i didnt put in the laundry yet and washes it...
Old 12/18/2007, 09:04 PM
Registered Member

Allie, since you're working outside the home now, both boys need to pitch in and help. They are both old enough and there's no reason for you to be doing it all. If the hubby complains, quit your job and tell him to get another one.

Oh shut up, and kiss my fairy wrasse. ~Gawain1974~

silly girls make stuff hard ~drauka99~
Old 12/18/2007, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

my daughter kept leaving pens, crayons, markers....and a list of other things in her pockets too. so one day, i cut all of the pockets out. no more problems!
Old 12/18/2007, 09:10 PM
Moved In

Quote:
Originally posted by crp
Allie, since you're working outside the home now, both boys need to pitch in and help. They are both old enough and there's no reason for you to be doing it all. If the hubby complains, quit your job and tell him to get another one.
I totally agree with this. I never made my darlings do anything, but then I was home all day I had the time.

Powertripping~is that a song or a dance?

RC Lounge~Humor Questionable ~Enter At Own Risk!
Old 12/18/2007, 09:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dc
I totally agree with this. I never made my darlings do anything, but then I was home all day I had the time.
I brought my son home from the hospital and handed him to my hubby and said the boy needs to be changed. Hubby responded that HIS father NEVER changed a diaper and he wasn't going to either. Yeah well, I didn't marry HIS father, change the kid.

Never a question after that. Hubby cooks, cleans, does laundry, grocery shops, etc., sometimes better than me.

Old 12/18/2007, 09:18 PM
Simply Complicated

Quote:
Originally posted by Satori
And I'm glad that I didn't over react. This last weekend I did several loads and didn't separate her new red semi-formal dress from the company Christmas party...
She now has a lot of pink socks and shirts.
Sorry Aliie.
Hope you don't have to work so hard for too long.
Does she like pink? Glad you didn't over react, you just got forgiven got the linky thing Hopefully only for about 6 mos and then I may just quit both jobs

Quote:
Originally posted by TheBimbo
I refuse to check pockets ... I figure if I'm washing it then they can at least clean out their pockets ...
glad hubby apologized to you, did it make ya feel a bit better?
Christy...
I refuse too! I think the same way you do about the pockets.
Sort of made me feel better, sort made me wonder if he just didn't want to do his own laundry.

Quote:
Originally posted by Altpers0na
my mrs policy is something like, if you dont want it washed dont put it in the laundry...

then she promptly picks up the stuff i didnt put in the laundry yet and washes it...
I say I'm not washing it unless it's in the laundry and then go pick up the clothes anyway.
Old 12/18/2007, 09:24 PM
Simply Complicated

Quote:
Originally posted by crp
They are feeding themselves now as long as I have it made before I go to work or they go out.

I don't like the thought of them doing laundry even more than me finding pens in the dryer. God only knows what would happen to our clothes then.

Hubby isn't complaining and better not. He works hard Carrie and really can't do much more. I have more time and a less strenuous job.

Quote:
Originally posted by shawnkfl
my daughter kept leaving pens, crayons, markers....and a list of other things in her pockets too. so one day, i cut all of the pockets out. no more problems!

Hummmm, now there is an idea.

Quote:
Originally posted by dc
I've been doing everything for them for years, they are use to me waiting on them hand and foot. It might cause a tare in the space time continum if I stop now. I like the way things work and want to try to keep it that way. I was just blowing off steam about the pen.
Old 12/18/2007, 09:25 PM
Registered Member

said it before gonna say it again.......

silly girls make stuff hard.............

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 12/18/2007, 09:27 PM
Simply Complicated

Quote:
Originally posted by drauka99
said it before gonna say it again.......

silly girls make stuff hard.............
Oh I'm gonna come back from IMAC with a whole lotta quotes from my roomey!!
Old 12/18/2007, 09:27 PM
Dino - Victim of Women

Quote:
Originally posted by Aliie
I say I'm not washing it unless it's in the laundry and then go pick up the clothes anyway.
Why? Mom I assume picks up dad's clothes but she doesn't bother with me or my brother's. In the morning she'll tell us she's going to do laundry that day and make sure all our clothes are in the laundry room. That's it, end of story. If the clothes don't get into the laundry room its our problem . And you can bet both me and my brother know how to run the washer and dryer.

"And who could have ever guess that Dino is apparently the smartest man on the planet?" - jgoodrich71
Old 12/18/2007, 09:28 PM
Cancer Sucks

Quote:
I don't like the thought of them doing laundry even more than me finding pens in the dryer. God only knows what would happen to our clothes then.
A red party dress might not get separated out from a load of whites!

"There either is or there isn't life out there. Both possibilites are frightening."
(someone help me out - who said this?)
Old 12/18/2007, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Satori
A red party dress might not get separated out from a load of whites!
I like pink

Old 12/18/2007, 09:31 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Oh I'm gonna come back from IMAC with a whole lotta quotes from my roomey!!
i have my moments

“The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything.” - Friedrich Nietzsche
Old 12/18/2007, 09:56 PM
Registered Member

Just a little helpful hint - rubbing alcohol will take out ball point pen out of material.
Old 12/18/2007, 10:21 PM
On "The List"

FLASHBACK 1969:
little Bart age 10:
"Mom, you didn't wash my clothes & I need clean jeans for school"

SMACK!
Mom: : "if you can't pick your clothes up off of your bedroom floor & put them in the hamper, I'm not washing them"

She then grabbed me by my left ear(she's right handed) & marched me down to the laundry room in the basement

Irate Mom: "this is the washer, this is the setting you use, this is how much soap to use...
this is the dryer, you're not allowed to use it unless there is snow on the ground

your laundry is your job, NOT MINE "

so for the better part of the last 40 years, Bart has done his own laundry

HEY! I lost it first ~CRP

There is no "Brain" in "Brian." ~Beerguy
Old 12/18/2007, 10:28 PM
Registered Member

Smooth move Bart

Old 12/18/2007, 10:29 PM
Simply Complicated

Quote:
Originally posted by dragonladylea
Just a little helpful hint - rubbing alcohol will take out ball point pen out of material.
I'll give that a try, thank you. I haven't thrown the clothes away ywt in hopes that I might be able to save the golf clothes.

BART, I would love to do that but at the same time I still feel like it's my job and don't want to slack off on my home duties just because I've picked up a few shifts at night.
If desparate hubby will start a load or dry a load. The boy would rather wear dirty jeans he's worn for 3 days.

I supose I'm just making it hard for the woman who marries my son but I keep saying when he graduates high school he'll have to do his own laundry.
Old 12/18/2007, 10:30 PM
On "The List"

Quote:
Originally posted by crp
Smooth move Bart

yes, yes it was

it prepared me for a life with incompetent wash women

since they don't have my laundry to do, they can get me a beer & a sammich!

HEY! I lost it first ~CRP

There is no "Brain" in "Brian." ~Beerguy
Old 12/18/2007, 10:38 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BigSkyBart
FLASHBACK 1969:
little Bart age 10:
"Mom, you didn't wash my clothes & I need clean jeans for school"

SMACK!
Mom: : "if you can't pick your clothes up off of your bedroom floor & put them in the hamper, I'm not washing them"

She then grabbed me by my left ear(she's right handed) & marched me down to the laundry room in the basement

Irate Mom: "this is the washer, this is the setting you use, this is how much soap to use...
this is the dryer, you're not allowed to use it unless there is snow on the ground

your laundry is your job, NOT MINE "

so for the better part of the last 40 years, Bart has done his own laundry

hmmm sounds like about the same as my flashback to 1990 or so. although I then got to do everyones clothes from then on

Old 12/19/2007, 06:44 AM
Simply Complicated

Quote:
Originally posted by BigSkyBart
yes, yes it was

it prepared me for a life with incompetent wash women

since they don't have my laundry to do, they can get me a beer & a sammich!
So your mom got you a sammich & a beer? Hummm, not sure I believe that one
Old 12/19/2007, 07:03 AM
Medieval French Monkey

Allie, get down off that cross, someone else needs the wood for a fire.

Seriously, stop being a martyr--make those boys get off their dead butts and do some laundry and make some dinner. Making them be responsible and pick up some of the slack doesn't make you a bad mother; in fact, their future wives will say that it made you a better mom. I remember when my ex's mother proudly proclaimed that her little boy never had to lift a finger while he was growing up. I nearly reached across the table and smacked her silly.

Seriously, my mother seriously injured her back when I was a kid, and she spent months at a time bedridden. My dad worked a full time job and ran the family farm, so my brothers and I picked up the slack. I was too young to run a tractor (thank God, I hated getting dirty on that thing), so as the youngest, I did the housework. I remember arguing with my grandmother that she wasn't folding the towels correctly. So, by the age of 10, I knew how to do all household tasks, and I turned out just fine.

Ok, maybe I'm not the best example.
Old 12/19/2007, 07:17 AM
Simply Complicated

Quote:
Originally posted by Gawain1974
[B]Allie, get down off that cross, someone else needs the wood for a fire.
OUCH !!

Quote:
Originally posted by Gawain1974
I remember when my ex's mother proudly proclaimed that her little boy never had to lift a finger while he was growing up. I nearly reached across the table and smacked her silly.

Ok, maybe I'm not the best example.

I would have loved to seen that.

You are a fine example of a ................... good housekeeper
BTW, the boys are my hubby and 15 yr old son. Can you imagine the mess in the kitchen I'd come home to and the wrinkles in the clothes!