Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Connecticut Area Reef Society (C.T.A.R.S.)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/12/2007, 03:33 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

Angry due to some bs... break down possibly :(

as most of you know I was ripped off recently online after buying a skimmer that was broken. Now i am getting ready to go into a big battle for my son.... and more and more it seems like i will for one not be able to afford the tank(maint. electric? not much lol) and i am running low on lawyer funds so i may be force to sell my beutiful setup with no looks to comming back for a while atleast not until after the battle and divorce is final.... I of course i will have my boy's and dad hold some of my more prized SPS for me as i dont want to leave the hobby for good. All of my equipment is less than 3 months old!!!!! I will know if i have to let my baby go soon but as for now here is the equipment....

Tank Finnex M-tank 30 All in one... includes a refugium, and hydor rotating wave maker!, paid almost 300 after shipping will let go for 200.

Aquactinics TX5 will include bulbs! plus a brand new ATI Procolor bulbs! 350 they are 400 brand new i just bought it about 3 weeks ago.

Tunze 6055 W/ Controller 225 about 2months old

Tunze 9002 Skimmer brand new 110

LiveStock:

-Rock: about 30lbs? alot of it has encrusted SPS on it but i can remove the epoxy with coral. 3lbs

-Fish: Pygmy Hawkfish: very docile he loves perching uner the rocks has never taking a chunk of any of my SPS or Rics or Zoanthids(15 for him/her?), Blue Chromis 2bux eats like a beast!!, Yellow coris wrasse lives well in my BB reef eats frozen food and eats like a champ! 15 for it very beautiful!, i dont know how i will do it but i am going to be keeping my Bluestripe pipe

-Corals!-
-Red Cap ver nice size not a frag! about 3-4" maybe bigger $30
-fully encrusted and now branching blue mille over 3-4"!! $45
-Yellow/Green Mille multi branch $25
-fully encrusted Circuit board(fitch SPS you like the name i gave ya huh ahah) 2" maybe more $20
-some kind of blue acro(got it from earl months ago! slow grower) $15
-Blue formosa multiple branch about 3" $25
-some kind of mille with pink coralites bout 3 branches frag size 1-2" $25
-some kind of mille its yellow/green $15
-Green Digi with orange polyp colony!!! $150 takes the entire colony! frags of this thing sell for 60bux each! 3/4" size!
-i dont know names of zoanthids but i paid like 20bux a frag for 15-20 polyps.... have multiplied since.... 20 each frag disk... diff colors
-superman kind monti(purple body with ornagish, green polyps) rainbow monti? $50
-I am not going to sell my Rics so dont ask haha took me a while to collect the ones i have now so they are going into a frag tank

Ofcourse if someone likes my setup and wants the entire thing with corals and fish(minus my pipe/and prized SPS!! GARF bonsai, A. Plana, A. Tenius, all my ORA stuff, and Prostrata ) then you can PM me and we can work out a deal.... on the entire setup ofcourse and there will be a major discount! Thank you..... again please keep in mind that this is a might sell not solid yet. If it goes then you can be sure to expect me back soon thanks again everyone.
Old 12/12/2007, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

what will you do for the tank and lights?
Old 12/12/2007, 03:43 PM
Turn on Tune In Drop Out

sorry man

An escalator can never break. It can only become stairs. There would never be an "Escalator Temporarily Out of Order" sign, only "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the Convenience."
Old 12/12/2007, 03:44 PM
Registered Member

how big is the colony of the green and orange digi?
sorry hear about everything and i hope everything works out for you, bud.
Old 12/12/2007, 03:53 PM
Registered Member

sorry to here
Old 12/12/2007, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

any pics on the zoos?

pm sent
Old 12/12/2007, 04:04 PM
Enjoying every minute.

Man that blows.
Old 12/12/2007, 06:54 PM
Registered Member

i've seen your tank and its great! sorry to here this man!
Old 12/12/2007, 07:01 PM
Registered Member

Wow, bad times, sorry to hear it.
Old 12/12/2007, 07:35 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

thanks everyone.... i will let everyone know the vertic soon.... thanks again.
Old 12/12/2007, 08:17 PM
Registered Member

That sucks, if you want to set up a smaller tank, I've got some laying around here.
Dawn
Old 12/12/2007, 09:58 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

Quote:
Originally posted by dmarie120
That sucks, if you want to set up a smaller tank, I've got some laying around here.
Dawn
Thanks

and everyone interested in the pics here are some....

the tank...

the light

some zoas

green digi with orange polyps
Old 12/12/2007, 09:59 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

just to tease you guys(NOT FOR SALE! haha)

thats just what i actually have i dont really have a camera so cant really show you guys any other pics
Old 12/12/2007, 10:13 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

ohhhh yea and i have some RPE as well!! over 100 polyps on the colony! they have a tint of redish pink in the centers but they are currently under PC lighting so the color is not great.... but under the right lighting they will become pinkish red in the center.... atleast it is what they kind of looked like when i had them in my 120SPS cube

sorry for the bright pic, it is unfortunately the only one i have if you look closely you can see the pinkish red in the centers....

i also have pic of the chesterfieldensis when i first aquired it, it was a wild colonly and has been very very sensitive, I fragged it a while back and kept a small frag that grew into a mini colony so far... not the same color right now though as int he summer the heatwave made it turn yellow bc of the heat my dad has a frag and it has come back to its original color it was in my tank as well but an alk spike made alot of my SPS brown, currently they are all turning back to their original colors though

the chester i have has already been claimed if i do go forward with this thanks everyone

thanks again everyone...
Old 12/12/2007, 10:15 PM
Registered Member

That sux. Sorry man.

That tank is looking awesome too.
Old 12/12/2007, 10:19 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

thanks vince hopefully i can come back within a few months.... xmas, divorce, custody.... oh man what a mess lol.... and on top of that ripped off aghhh what a mess lol..... i will still see everyone at the meeting though i will make sure i bring some sps for the raffle
Old 12/12/2007, 10:54 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

ok in effort to keep my tank i am going to try to sell my 2 other nano's 1 both are softy tanks...

-14G Biocube has a pair of clowns percs, 1 large brain, green frogspawn has like 3 heads... expands very nicely! a few rics, some zoanthids, hermits, snails, cleaner shrimp, xenia, and 10-15lbs of rock, i have a rock of people eaters in there as well but i am going to have to frag that thing up bc it is worth ummm a ton! lol paid about 150 for the tank plus the live stock..... 250 for it with all livestock all setup ready to go

-8G biocube well established tank over 8months has a neon goby, and a cleaner shrimp long with hermits and snails, there is a frogspawn in there as well 2 heads large!, zoanthids, xenia, star polyps, and a ric or two. 175 takes the entire setup all set and ready to go.

I will help pack them up and if you live close enough i will even help set it up! both of these tanks are perfect for office, or college! i would really like to keep my main sps tank but if i cant sell these other nanos then i will def have to break er down thanks
Old 12/13/2007, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

rich, is the finnex for sale still? or do u mean ur selling those 2 nanos now so u can keep the finnex? i will definetly take it. i was about to order a new one of the site today but for some reason there credit card payment program wasnt working.
Old 12/13/2007, 02:27 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

hmmm if you can give me just 2 or 3 days i will let you know for sure bud, i know i offered it to you a while back first..... I am currently trying to sell some of my RPE if i can sell enough i might not have to sell the tank. I have a couple of frags sold of the RPE so far so we shal see. I will keep ya posted. Thanks.
Old 12/13/2007, 03:07 PM
Registered Member

no problem, definetly let me no though. i would be saving 145 bucks. also, u would be selling it with the stock skimmer and all the other stuff it came with like the fuge light right?
Old 12/13/2007, 03:15 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

no i never bought the skimmer when i bought it i only got the tank, i did not need the skimmer since i had a better one i can however provide you with a fuge light
Old 12/13/2007, 04:36 PM
CT Area Reef Society

i'll represent you in court! i work for frags too!!!
Old 12/13/2007, 04:44 PM
LOOKING FOR MONTI 'S

You still selling the digi and the monti ?
Old 12/13/2007, 04:50 PM
B-Boy AZTEC

i might have a buyer for one of the tanks and i have a couple of buyers for the RPE's i will let you know if things change. Thanks
Old 12/13/2007, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

rich, let me think about it then. i'm was hoping it was with the stock skimmer it comes with. on his website it comes with the skimmer for 300 bucks. lemme shop around for a skimmer see if i can find a good deal. thanks