Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Bay Area - Reefers (BAR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/19/2007, 03:23 AM
Registered Member

FREE: 55 gallon with stand

Hey guys,
I have a pretty darn old 55 gallon with stand that id like to give away. The tank is glass and is scratched up a bit but would be great for use as a sump, as the last time it was filled (about 2 years ago) it did not leak. If you cleaned both up and gave the stand a nice coat of paint, it would be perfect for use as a garage setup or quarantine. The catch is, you have to take the stand too

I also have a pretty banged up 60 acrylic that id like to "sell" (i will use the money to make a donation.) The tank is scratched up and has a 1.5" hole in the top left corner. It comes with one of Angelos stands and is pretty basic. Its simlar to an all glass stand but, IMO, is better constructed and has a 2" lip aroud it. It is black and has a bit of water damage but was holding up well the last time it was setup. The canopy (i think 8-10") is in really good shape as well. I would like $40.00 for this setup and like i said, i intend on donating the money, most likely to a Katrina fund.

Would love to get this out sometime this week before Thanksgiving. BTW, i am in the Oakland area.
Old 11/19/2007, 11:22 AM
Resident physicist.

Wow, no YGPM 8 hours later?

Ok, I'll throw my YGPM into the hat
Old 11/19/2007, 11:23 AM
Semi Reefing Vet

LOL mike...

" Charles V "
Old 11/19/2007, 01:04 PM
Registered Member

Mike - you got PM

I guess there isnt much of a market for used/scratched tanks
Old 11/19/2007, 01:52 PM
Premium Member

LOL- That's why I have a few of them in my backyard now.
Old 11/19/2007, 03:38 PM
Resident physicist.

Hey there's always a use for sumps/refugiums! However then you have to worry about size requirements.
Old 11/19/2007, 03:43 PM
Premium Member

I have a 80 gallon sump right now and then still had extra tanks so I setup a 18g refuge just for Cheato to grow, and still have extra tanks. LOL