Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Richmond Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11/12/2007, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

Cool OT: The Car Thread

So I noticed the car talk in the Honda repair thread and Pearson's avatar and such so I'd like to have a new post your car thread. I'm new but there's always a handful of gearheads in a group.

I have no money to mod my car any more since I moved out to go to college, but the passion is still there. My car's my daily driver and while it isn't too practical, she can get pretty good gas mileage when babied.

1998 Nissan 240sx

JIC Magic FLTA-2 14 way adjustable coilovers
Custco front and rear strut bars
Whiteline swaybars
Cold Air Intake
I have no money for engine mods =( She's a slow one in a straight line.

1984 Honda Nighthawk 700s

On the day I bought it. Cell phone picture, sorry. My car is also featured there. This thing is fast. It was a good deal and its cheap on insurance. 3 second 0-60 time and 60mpg.

Now show me yours! Maybe we can organize a RRC track day or something at http://www.gforcekarts.com/ before a club meeting

3 gal. Pico
10 gal. Nano
20 gal. FW
Old 11/13/2007, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

This WAS my baby. An 05 SRT-4 ACR edition. One of 1100 produced. I sold her in April of this year. Attracted the wrong kind of attention on the street and was, at the time, THE most expensive non exotic car you could insure. I was paying $320 a month in insurance with a clean record.

This is what I drive now. it's not nearly as fast, but still fun, and doesn't scare the kids when we go for a drive

There are a number of car guys on here. Angel of course with his CRX, and Rick has a really sweet classic Firebird. There's another guy on here occasionally with a wicked A4, and Brandon used to have a nice S2000. There are probably some others as well.
Frogspawn
Kenya Tree (large)
Button Polyps
Xenia
GSP/PSP
Richmond Tricolor
Unknown Blue Tip Acro
Torch
Anthelia
Old 11/13/2007, 11:44 AM
Premium Member

Re: OT: The Car Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by Coleman4i
. . .she can get pretty good gas mileage when babied.
Yeah. But who does that?
Old 11/13/2007, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

Re: Re: OT: The Car Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by rick s
Yeah. But who does that?
Rick that smile is only lightin it up in three gears ,you can do better than that!
Old 11/13/2007, 06:30 PM
Registered Member

Here are my babies. I own an 88 Honda CRX with the JDM b16 swap and all kinds of goodies inside and out. But I am selling it on Craig's list right now.

So i can dump my money on this. My 92 Nissan 240sx (love the front end conversion on yours Coleman4i) with some cosmetic looks right now. My favorite is the JDM Kouki tailight conversion on her now. Planning on a motor swap and a front end conversion next year!

Frags
California Tort
Brown digi
Orange Cap on Frag Mag
Old 11/13/2007, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

Volk LE37Ts, Koni Yellows, KG/MM springs, Spoon x-brace, Spoon carbon intake, Spoon cooling mods, HKS exhaust

04 WRX wagon (no pics). Gutted up-pipe, front and rear sways, STi wagon springs, stage 1 reflash
Old 11/13/2007, 07:06 PM
Registered Member

Brandon, I thought you got rid of the S2000?
Frogspawn
Kenya Tree (large)
Button Polyps
Xenia
GSP/PSP
Richmond Tricolor
Unknown Blue Tip Acro
Torch
Anthelia
Old 11/13/2007, 07:06 PM
Premium Member

Brandon,

That's the one you used to have, correct? Isn't it time for another one?
Old 11/13/2007, 07:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by phurst
Brandon, I thought you got rid of the S2000?
Unfortunately yes Once I get all my debt remaining from grad school squared away, I'm considering getting another....or maybe an M coupe
Old 11/13/2007, 10:08 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
[/IMG]
love the front end conversion on yours Coleman4i
Cosmetically, other than lowering, it is completely stock. They only built 3000 with the front end like mine in the US. They are called Kouki Silvia's in Japan. It's basically the same S14 from 95-96 but with a few minor changes. I get that a lot though. Plenty of people see the car in Fast and Furious, Initial D, Formula D, or whatever and think it's a turbo JDM car. But nope... just 2.4 litres of Nissan truck motor fury. Before you get that motor you should take care of the stock suspension. It's alright for the power it has stock but the body roll and dive is crazy when you start adding power and track racing. Also.. take into consideration turbocharging the KA24DE. It doesn't have the near 8k redline of the SR20 but the torque makes up for it.

I'm going to turbo my stock motor because it only has 15k miles on it. They also come with valve sprayers which are usually only for turbo motors. Oddly enough, Nissan threw them in for whatever reason and they come in handy with unbuilt blocks during the initial power build.

Nice S2k. It's a shame that you had to sell it. My dad had a 2001 and he would let me take it out every few weeks.... it was so much fun. That car could just be driven like a go-kart! Only thing I didn't like was when I had to have the top up and I had the radio playing, my left leg would muffle the front speakers. With the top down and the engine screaming, that problem was a mere inconvenience.

3 gal. Pico
10 gal. Nano
20 gal. FW

Last edited by Coleman4i; 11/13/2007 at 10:14 PM.
Old 11/15/2007, 07:55 PM
Registered Member

brandon you seen the new crs2k's? i think we might have one comming in! well put it right beside the mugen civic that isnt selling lol
Old 11/15/2007, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

A Mugen Civic where and how much?

Frags
California Tort
Brown digi
Orange Cap on Frag Mag
Old 11/15/2007, 09:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by coseal
brandon you seen the new crs2k's? i think we might have one comming in! well put it right beside the mugen civic that isnt selling lol
Nobody wants a $30k civic, who would've thought
Old 11/16/2007, 08:27 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by mr294
Nobody wants a $30k civic, who would've thought
Especially when for a little more, you can get the twin turbo, 3 liter, straight 6 deliciousness of the new 135i. Put that Mugen to shame all day long.
Frogspawn
Kenya Tree (large)
Button Polyps
Xenia
GSP/PSP
Richmond Tricolor
Unknown Blue Tip Acro
Torch
Anthelia
Old 11/16/2007, 08:54 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by phurst
Especially when for a little more, you can get the twin turbo, 3 liter, straight 6 deliciousness of the new 135i. Put that Mugen to shame all day long.
I can't wait to drive one The 335 is a blast!
Old 11/16/2007, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

actually its 34,995! gotta remember that market adjustment lol they have some up north going for 38+ angel its a limited edition model i think 1000 unit production only comes in blue has mugen body kit , mugen full stainless exhaust, mugen wheels, mugen suspension pretty nice setup but..... 30k for a civic is a little unreal! and yes i am loyal to the brand that pays my bills but for that kinda money id be at the lexus dealer buyin a is350!

Last edited by coseal; 11/16/2007 at 08:28 PM.
Old 11/17/2007, 01:41 AM
Registered Member

Ouch steep but I am sure worth every penny if you are a JDM fanatic. For 8k more I'll buy the 2003 M3 Beamer sitting at Priority Toyota here in Colonial Heights. But since I don't even have 8k I'll stick with my Nissan! Anyone looking for a suped up CRX? 5k and it's yours. For club members i'll let it go for $4,995! LOL

Frags
California Tort
Brown digi
Orange Cap on Frag Mag