Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern Colorado Marine Aquarist Society (SCMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/24/2007, 01:31 PM
Registered Member

Macna

Is anyone from the Springs planning on attending MACNA this year?

Old 08/24/2007, 02:09 PM
Finally at 500!

I think ReefKoi is going.
Old 08/24/2007, 02:16 PM
Boomer gave me this

yeah i'll be there
Old 08/24/2007, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by reefkoi
yeah i'll be there
We will have to try and meet. I will be there with my wife Tippie , we will be arriving on Friday around 2:00 pm at the hotel.

Anyone else going?

Old 08/24/2007, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

What is MACNA??
Old 08/24/2007, 04:45 PM
SCMAS Member

Jenn, the initials stand for Marine Aquarium Conference of North America. Here is a link to all the detail...http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...ighlight=macna

And the official site...http://macnaxix.com/
Old 08/24/2007, 05:06 PM
Boomer gave me this

I land at pitt at 2:26 p.m so i'll be at the hotel around 3:30 maybe, pm me your phone number and we can hook up, will you be going the the reception that evening? I will, maybe we can meet up then.
Chris
Old 08/24/2007, 05:47 PM
Registered Member

We will be at the reception as well so see you there. Sent PM with cell phone number.

Old 08/24/2007, 09:44 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Todd. It's hard to stay in loop sometimes
Old 08/25/2007, 02:35 AM
Registered Member

Learning something new about this hobby everyday, still wished I had known about the event sooner probably would have attended there are an impressive number of guest speakers that would be worthy of the trip. There is always next year.... Chris enjoy the trip and come back with some good stuff SCMAS can use. Say hi to Calfo for me buddy, see you next year same time same bat channel.
Old 08/25/2007, 06:03 AM
Registered Member

This will be our third one and they are very much worth it. Next year MACNA will be in Atlanta. The is so much knowledge and interaction with other reefers from all around the country and vendors showing all the latest stuff makes this a one of a kind event.

Old 08/25/2007, 08:54 AM
Boomer gave me this

Will do Shannon, I'm gonna get some video footage and lots of stuff to bring back to show you guys at the meeting the weekend after macna. I'll have Anthony sign my rearend for you also.

David, I'm stopping in Atlanta on the way back to go visit the aquarium this time
Next year will be sweet it ATL. maybe the year after they'll do a california macna, they would need a massive building, there are so much more reefers on the west coast that would attend. I'm kind of glad they haven't done one out there, it's nice not having such a crowded event. LOL
Chris
Old 08/26/2007, 11:49 PM
Registered Member

WooHoo rearend signing, that would be to sweet to meet Anthony maybe next year. Can't wait to see the footage at the meeting. Hmmm 08/09 Atlanta which I've already been to or Cali. I need to save some money, I'll let that be the deciding factor. Nice to see dudes from the DFWMAS looking around at Pikes Peak SCMAS club. Welcome David and thanks for the input. Hey Chris If you can get Calfo to sign a picture of a Perc that would be a heck of a lot more valuable.
Old 08/27/2007, 01:39 AM
is sooing spill chekur

Quote:
Originally posted by reefkoi

maybe the year after they'll do a california macna, they would need a massive building, there are so much more reefers on the west coast that would attend.
Chris
Your thinking about it all wrong Chris! We need to plan on hosting MACNA! We've got to do it before I leave for college, so I'm setting a timetable of 3-4 years. lol

How big of a club does it take to host macna?

Check out my website for info on fragging mushrooms, and the benefits of Vitamin C on soft corals!
Old 08/27/2007, 06:45 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Caleb Kruse
Your thinking about it all wrong Chris! We need to plan on hosting MACNA! We've got to do it before I leave for college, so I'm setting a timetable of 3-4 years. lol

How big of a club does it take to host macna?
Colorado Springs would be perfect location to host a MACNA you guys should look into. It is not the size of the club but the comment to do all the work required. The Dallas club was a host several years ago. I have been to several now the first in Washington DC, then Houston, and now Pittsburgh and next year it will be in Atlanta. I would contact each of those clubs so you can get an idea what it takes to host.

By the way I was born and raised in the Springs and it is always good coming home, still have lots of family there.

Old 08/27/2007, 08:54 AM
Boomer gave me this

Quote:
Originally posted by Rocmtnreef

Hey Chris If you can get Calfo to sign a picture of a Perc that would be a heck of a lot more valuable.
As Anthony would say though after signing it "now it's worthless"
I'll see if I can get you a signed cocktail napkin from the bar