Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Coral Forums > Corallimorpharians
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08/17/2007, 06:39 PM
Registered Member

How much are Yuma's REALLY worth?

At my LFS i found yuma's for $20 and they are not extreamly colorful, a lot of brown, green and one blue and green. I dont know if it is worth buying them. I am considering buying two of them. They are all very large in size, bigger than an half dollar. Please let me know if you guys think its worth buying. Thanks.
Old 08/17/2007, 06:50 PM
Premium Member

no go online and pick out a nice wysiwyg yuma yull pay25 but there much nices

Jack
Old 08/17/2007, 10:52 PM
Registered Member

i have purchased many yumas and I pay normally form 40 to about 100. But thtey are very colorfull. If they survive, they are so worth it.
Old 08/18/2007, 03:09 AM
Registered Member

Ive seen yuma from as little as 25$ (brown, uninteresting), to 50$ (fairly nice but average), to 100$ for a few stunners.

but really, i dont think you should go by what people say a coral is worth. i dont. I go by looking at a coral and how nice I PERSONALLY think it is. if i think it's worth the dough then ill take it.

for example, i think florida rics are underated but just as gorgeous as yumas... often more so. I find florida rics are more consistent with looks whereas yumas are highly variable on both sides of the spectrum. the difference is that florida rics are rarely over 25$.