Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is the biggest *****?
fox face 2 18.18%
Euphyllia ancora(hammer or anchor coral) 2 18.18%
volitan lion 3 27.27%
caulestrea (candy cane or trumpet coral) 1 9.09%
gold rim tang (believe it or not, this guy is a contender in my book) 2 18.18%
fire worm (bristle worm on steroids) 3 27.27%
urchin-Echinothrix calamaris?(similar to long spine) 6 54.55%
carpet anemone(haddoni for example) 3 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07/01/2007, 12:28 AM
Moved On

OT: Who is the biggest pr!ck?

Pick your favorite! Or least favorite...... Which will mess you up the most! I've been stung by all of these guys except a lionfish and they're all pricks! The most recent was the foxface, which leaves me left to get stung by a lion. Can't wait! I know what hurt the most and what made me sick the longest. You're turn!

Last edited by desjardiniidj; 07/01/2007 at 01:17 AM.
Old 07/01/2007, 01:19 AM
Moved On

Anthony Calfo, he has little mans disease.
Old 07/01/2007, 01:20 AM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by redvipe2010
Old 07/01/2007, 01:34 AM
Pufferkrazy!

Oops, wrong thread!

Last edited by Pufferpunk; 07/01/2007 at 01:49 AM.
Old 07/01/2007, 02:59 AM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by Pufferpunk
Oops, wrong thread!

No, right thread, go ahead, say it, hear I'll help you!

"LITTLE MAN'S DISEASE!" There, feel better?
Old 07/01/2007, 07:29 AM
OT Slaughter House

Quote:
Originally posted by redvipe2010
I'm bummed you said it before me!
Old 07/01/2007, 08:16 AM
Registered Member

I'm loving this thread. It really proves just how foolish you all are. Anthony Calfo is now getting personal attacks for simply stating the truth in his interaction with puffer?What a joke. Revhtree and DaveBien asked to stop the personal attacks on Jeni in her rediculous defense of selling those frags too early. I complied. I take no joy in ripping on people. Now we have a thread attacking the man's height and labeling him s the biggest pr!ck. What a class group of people.

Why does the CMAS group defend a member that frags for profit, sells before they heal, and does not take the advice of a more experienced hobbyist? For that matter, why does CMAS defend a member that sells $250 pencil eraser sized frags of a "watermelon" coral that is not allowed for local sale? Why did the CMAS group rip civicss when he tried to sell his tank for a profit? Are we only allowed to write good things about locals on these boards, but we can rip on others? I know very few of you but have liked you, but I am gradually losing respect for the group.
Old 07/01/2007, 08:40 AM
Moved On

ghostman-Dude. This thread had nothing to do with Calfo. I had just been stung by a foxface 2-3 days ago. I thought the title would get alot of people to check it out.
You have to include yourself on that 3rd party comment. That is exactly what you are doing. Hijacking threads happens. I don't care if they bring up Calfo. You complaining what people have to say on a public forum makes no sense. Also, the condescending "classy group of people" comment gets you bonus points when you are trying to make your point.

4th party people kill me. They say they are not gonna get involved then they open up their big mouth anyways. They say they don't want to be involved with the subject but complain about everybody else that does. You guys don't have to be affraid. This is a public forum in a free country. I do get a laugh when they contradict themselves in the same sentence though.......

As far as your 2nd paragraph........
Posting that on my thread is a riot! If you have read any of MY responses, I do not support any of those peoples actions. I'm sure I have given away more coral than most people own. I don't have people hack up corals for me to make a profit. I don't sell coral you can't see for $250. Some support these people and that is a downfall of this hobby, IMO. Also, with Calfo, I was on his side of that little debate. I was not on his side with the way he handled things. He did it to himself........
Take it easy, D.J.
Old 07/01/2007, 08:52 AM
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by Pufferpunk
Oops, wrong thread!
No problem.
It would be best to talk about your original comment in person anyways. It may be hard though since "you don't know who I am", regardless of the dozen times we have met.
Old 07/01/2007, 09:35 AM
CMAS Member!

Do not label all in the CMAS form!!! Hypocritical statements make me laugh. O' BTW this is not CMAS, it's a public forum.

Back on topic....Sorry DJ I have none of these, so I can't comment.
Carl
Old 07/01/2007, 10:02 AM
Registered Member

desjardiniidj...
where did your foxface get ya? you didnt say much more than you know what one you think is the worst.
I got a light poke from a lion years ago. Nothing like I have read about though, just a little swollen and warm.
I feel fireworm effects for a few days, swelling and itching.
bristle worms just suck like having insulation fibers suck in ya- duct tape and vineger take care of it.
no effect from Euphyllias- I feel em stick to me, but no sting or rash.
no effect from anemones *yet- never played with a carpet.
didnt know caulestrea was able to sting/*****

My personal worst ****** was getting slammed into a whole army of urchins while doing a rather loco drift dive in Mexico.
I think my body is still rejecting some of those spines after 5 years.
I have gotten poked by the Diadema setosums? in my tank a few times when movng frags and stuff..before I got rid of em.
Urchins have been my worst exp. I dont like needles.
Old 07/01/2007, 10:11 AM
Premium Member

Ouchy! Sorry you got tagged Des-j.

I'm not sure what got me once, but I was not feeling well after an aquascaping and cleaning attempt. Huge headache and nausea that wouldn't go away with aspirin.

I want to hear your story so I know what to do if it ever happens to me!
Old 07/01/2007, 10:12 AM
CMAS Member!

Wow...You defiantly got some experience. I think all stings or needle have different affects on people and some are worse sue to allergens and such.
Old 07/01/2007, 10:51 AM
Frag-a-holic

I thought this was a worst thing to have in your tank thread. My bad. I voted for the urchin, simply because they like to knock everything over, and I dont like to attach anything.

Save a reef, trade a frag!
Old 07/01/2007, 12:00 PM
Pufferkrazy!

Quote:
Originally posted by desjardiniidj
No problem.
It would be best to talk about your original comment in person anyways. It may be hard though since "you don't know who I am", regardless of the dozen times we have met.
I'm sure I do know who you are in person but with all these different names folks pick to go by here, I forget who's who. Why not talk this all out in PM or better yet, in person. I see you live in Crystal Lake, let's meet at the Fragapalooza (I'm afraid you'd still have to introduce yourself though)? I'm still curious. I really try not to do the wong thing by folks. Even willing to apologize, just to keep peace. That's how I've stayed married 15+ years. Even after 9 years of recovery, I can still think like an addict though. I do apologize for that.

Worst thing by far, was diving in a swarm of box jellyfish. I know no one keeps them in their tanks but boy was that harsh! Got me above my upper lip & on my neck.
Old 07/01/2007, 05:16 PM
RC Staff
American

desjardiniidj and redvipe2010,
Tell me by email why this thread shouldn't earn you both a ticket to bannsville.

my username@ReefCentral.com

"The significant problems we face cannot be solved

at the same level of thinking we were at when we

created them." Albert Einstein

I'm pretty sure it's Mike's fault.....