Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/26/2007, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

Magnificent foxface

I have my name on a waiting list for one at one of our largest suppliers here in Canada called J&L Aquatics. From what I have seen they look like this: http://saltcorner.com/sections/zoo/f...Smagnifica.htm

But now i'm scared that I will end up with this since it also is titled as a magnificent foxface: http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...catid=2287&N=0

Perhaps these are both the same fish but in juvi and adult forum?
Old 06/26/2007, 07:39 PM
4 8 15 16 23 42

The first one is what they look like. I own one and my LFS brings them in every 2 weeks.. I've also got quite a few friends who have them and I've never seen one that matches the second.

Beware that they will become spotted quite a bit when they are scared and then they are mostly black. But they are a very interesting fish, definately a great personality.

FWIW, mine is an adult, 9".
Old 06/26/2007, 08:02 PM
I think I love my tank

The one pictured at liveaquaria is definitely an oddball. Mine is not quite as dark as the first one pictured, more gray than black. I notice mine will go camo not only when threatened but as a regular occurrence when the lights go out and he goes to bed in his cave. Just a warning: The first couple of weeks he was super skittish but he is starting to settle in now. I can practically hand feed him. Though that would not be a good idea!
I could not be happier with him. Great fish!
Longnose Hawkfish
Magnificent Rabbitfish
Diamond Goby
Blond Naso Tang
Bluechin Trigger

I got the poo on me.
Old 06/26/2007, 08:47 PM
Registered Member

I'm so glad that you asked this question! We are planning on a magnificent foxface for our FOWLR, and the picture on liveaquaria kind of threw us off...

Anna
Old 06/26/2007, 10:24 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the quick replys.

Yes that photo on liveaquaria really throws a monkey wrench into the thoughts of someone wanting one doesn't it. So I guess it's safe to say that I will be 99% sure that I will not receive the one in the second photo?