Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06/22/2007, 03:10 PM
Registered Member

Compatible...?

I do maintenence for an Orthodontist around my area and he wants a "Finding Nemo" theme is his 140 Gallon softy reef tank. Theres only a few corals as i just took on this job and plan on revamping the whole tank as it is what he wants done.

Heres his current tank set-up:

-Royal Gramma (3)
-Foxface
-Bar Goby (5)
-Firefish (2)
-Small Various clean up crew

Live Rock:
Est. 100 LBS

Live Sand

Berlin Style Sump

My Re-Design

-Royal Gramma (2)
-Yellow Tang
-Regal (Hippo) Tang
-Firefish (2)
-Pair Flase Percula Clowns
-Two Cleaner shrimp
-Large Various Clean up crew

I want to remove the Fish not listed in "My Re-Design" and add what is listed there. Is there any obvious errors i made as to compatibilty etc?

Thanks for your time!
Old 06/22/2007, 03:52 PM
Reefer Maniac

looks right to me, ...
Old 06/22/2007, 04:20 PM
Unregistered Member

Nice... that should work nicely! Firefish however are one of those fish that are hit or miss. If they don't chase each other to death they will either jump out, be eaten by bristelworms, or just perish from frailty.
Old 06/22/2007, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by davidryder
Nice... that should work nicely! Firefish however are one of those fish that are hit or miss. If they don't chase each other to death they will either jump out, be eaten by bristelworms, or just perish from frailty.
Yeah i know they are fragile, I plan on keeping the ones already in there in the tank as they have been in there for months and seem to be doing well.

Other opinions?
Also, would i be able to keep the foxface? I never really gave it thought.
Old 06/22/2007, 11:45 PM
Reefer Maniac

you could but there was not one in the movie, but perhaps you coudl convince the the ortho that it is the same thing as a moorish idol,
Old 06/23/2007, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by skeeter-doc
you could but there was not one in the movie, but perhaps you coudl convince the the ortho that it is the same thing as a moorish idol,
Yes i know

Im sure he wouldnt mind what i put in there even if this one fish wasnt in the movie, it would make up for in its beneficial capabilites to the tank. I wanted to make it an exact replica with the volcano and everything but i wouldnt want his Halides to go to waste.