Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/14/2007, 12:43 AM
Registered Member

Question Cooling Fan question

im just wondering what a good....quiet...fan is that i could mount on the side of my tank to blow across the top of the water to keep the temp down that comes from my new halide. I dont really need a big one but im looking for something that is quiet and somewhat inexpensive

How about THIS one???

Thanks

What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing.
-Ron Burgundy-
Old 03/14/2007, 09:44 AM
Registered Member

just run to walmart/target/whatever and get one of the small clip on fans. They're really cheap and they do their job

or you could get that one linked...looks pretty cool to me, i dont see why it would be bad.
Old 03/14/2007, 09:57 AM
------------

Computer stores sell fan's for a good $5. They do the trick perfectly well. But really anything will work.
Old 03/14/2007, 10:11 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
But really anything will work.
haha, about a month ago i had a big huge fan (like the one that has a stand and everything) over my 29. It worked fine but was noisy (big fans always are)....but then i found out that it was just the heater stuck on
Old 03/14/2007, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

I ended up burning up a computer fan pretty quickly. I also found that coralife makes a 3.5" fan for nanos that have more power and are more quiet than most computer fans.

http://www.hellolights.com/cocofankit.html
Old 03/14/2007, 11:56 AM
------------

Heh, yeah before I had a fan installed one day some how my temperature sky rocketed to about 87 degrees.. ahh!! I had a huuuge fan around the house that had that down in minutes..