Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Marine Aquarists Roundtable of Sacramento (MARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/26/2007, 04:32 PM
espyesitis sufferer

Radiant Wrasse and Seagrass Wrasse at...

...YourReef. Just a heads up, as I think some people were looking for Radiants. The Seagrass, I hear, eats those zoo-eating nudibranchs
Old 01/26/2007, 04:38 PM
never an expert

Just a note the seagrass are spastic fish. I had one for a few weeks, and it pulled things off my frag rack and was always stirring up the sand. Cool fish, but just right for my 30g.

I never want to be an expert, I just want to know all the stuff they know. Then I can decide for myself if it is valid information.
Old 01/26/2007, 04:56 PM
espyesitis sufferer

I remember that thread you had, John. Did you get it for nudi-eating purposes?
Old 01/26/2007, 06:47 PM
Registered Member

Some one better grab the radiant wrasse! I love mine, my fav for sure.
Old 01/26/2007, 07:16 PM
never an expert

I did, and now Xia has it. Moreover I have not seen a nudi since.

I never want to be an expert, I just want to know all the stuff they know. Then I can decide for myself if it is valid information.
Old 01/26/2007, 08:52 PM
My tank is too full

I love my radiant as well.

To thine own self be true
Old 01/26/2007, 10:06 PM
Dolphins at Seaworld

Sadly it went carpet surfing, since I didn't complete my canopy yet. It looked over the rocks real slowly, so it was promising, but I never saw it eat any of my nudis. A totally cool fish that burrows. At CRS I saw one hiding among the xenia. How much for them Karl?
Old 01/27/2007, 12:36 AM
My tank is too full

Here's a pic of my radiant when I first got him.

Old 01/27/2007, 02:00 AM
Premium Member

two fish that we would love to have... hopefully once our tank is finally up and operational (and we finish the top for it) they will have some more in. The radiant wrasse was one of the fish where the pictres that I had seen simply didn't do it justice !!
Old 01/27/2007, 05:11 AM
Registered Member

I almost bought a radiant today. I chose the Exquisit instead. I bought the Red Eye Wrasse the day before yesterday. I was going to go with the Radiant but i havent done any research on the lil buggers at all. Do they play well with others. Will they enjoy other Wrasses in the tank. Will they eat my reef. Is $49 a good price for a 4 inch Radiant? Full plumage...maroonish and beautiful! Healthy as hell too. Please say yes to all my ?s so i can go buy that lil bugger tomorrow! THanks...Sorry for the hijack!

EDIT! I hope they wont eat my reef!

I Golf, I Party, I Work, in that order!
Old 01/27/2007, 02:10 PM
My tank is too full

Quote:
Originally posted by pcurry18
I almost bought a radiant today. I chose the Exquisit instead. I bought the Red Eye Wrasse the day before yesterday. I was going to go with the Radiant but i havent done any research on the lil buggers at all. Do they play well with others. Will they enjoy other Wrasses in the tank. Will they eat my reef. Is $49 a good price for a 4 inch Radiant? Full plumage...maroonish and beautiful! Healthy as hell too. Please say yes to all my ?s so i can go buy that lil bugger tomorrow! THanks...Sorry for the hijack!

YES, YES, & YES. Say hello to John for me. I was out there Tues when he got his new stuff in.

Mark

Old 01/27/2007, 02:27 PM
August TFR Relay '07

Quote:

i think i picked this one up last night . but john still had the smaller one avail. it was only about .5" smaller but just as active/healthy. my sixlines and yellow coris are harassing the newcomer but i hope they let up.
Old 01/27/2007, 02:51 PM
Registered Member

LOL, i am getting this one from a different store. In fact my girl is enroute to pick him up now. I cant wait. Those dudes are so awesome! Thanks for the answers.

I Golf, I Party, I Work, in that order!
Old 01/28/2007, 02:07 PM
Moved On

Quote:
LOL, i am getting this one from a different store. In fact my girl is enroute to pick him up now. I cant wait. Those dudes are so awesome! Thanks for the answers.
Yeah, they are normally entirely peaceful except maybe to other much smaller wrasses when they get bigger. I've kept one with flasher and possum wrasses and it didn't bother them. They will pick at pods, and if you have any really small shrimp or snails they may attack them. They'll also attack bristleworms.
Old 01/28/2007, 02:54 PM
Premium Member

yup.. will eat smaller shrimp, small to medium snails and also bristleworms. Definitley beautiful fish.. and that price sounds very competitive.