Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Capital District Marine Aquarist Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12/24/2006, 10:00 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs up A Nice Christmas Present

I just got the perfect Christmas present... a new house . The seller just accepted our offer contingent upon the sale of our current house.

If anyone knows someone who might be interested, please let them know about it. It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath cape in Old Niskayuna -- great neighborhood, great schools. It is move-in condition - new kitchen and baths, new boiler and hot water heater. It is about 1500 square feet above ground plus a ~450 square foot finished basement with a gas fireplace. It will likely get listed this week so I will add an MLS number to this thread later.

We will actually be moving walking distance away, just to a larger house. I will pay money for movers but I will likely ask for some help with the aquarium. Due to the move, I will probably be selling my 150 gallon tank along with everything in it just to simplify things. I will put up a separate thread on that.

Kevin
Old 12/24/2006, 10:21 AM
Registered Member

Congratulations!!! Thats awesome. I just moved my tanks last week and it went relatively smoothly, had a couple of friends help me move. Just set up a temporary tank at the new place to put all fish and corals in, so you have time to set up your tank.
Old 12/24/2006, 10:50 AM
Premium Member

Have truck, will help move......

Let me know.

Merry Christmas!

Chris
Old 12/24/2006, 12:07 PM
Premium Member

Congratulations!!
I can't wait to get out of the renting deal.

Merry Christmas!!

Ryan
Old 12/24/2006, 12:19 PM
Registered Member

Great gift! Can help out on moving tank also since i live so close, and would be nice to move something other than the drek at work.
Old 12/24/2006, 01:42 PM
Premium Member

Kevin, Great news on the new house. Congratulations!

As you know I have many bins, buckets, pumps, heaters, tanks, lights.... for moving or for holding while your are getting set up. I would love to help you out...just let me know
Old 12/24/2006, 03:22 PM
Registered Member

Linda - I may take you up on that. As much as I would love to simplify down to a single tank after this move, my kids (and my wife) have grown soooooo attached to Ray the Puffer. If I do get rid of that tank, I would have to ensure visitation rights for the puffer to keep my kids happy. A good compromise for my wife and kids might be to put everything I care about from that tank into temporary custody with someone else. That way, I could just move an empty tank and set it up later when I have gotten settled.

Thanks,

Kevin
Old 12/24/2006, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

Congrats Kevin, we did the house upgrade a little less than a year ago. It's a great feeling, I hope all goes smoothly for you. When we did ours we got very lucky, we put an offer on the house we are now in and 3 hours later someone put an offer in on our old house. That was a good day.

Best of luck,
Steve