Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/22/2007, 09:13 AM
Registered Member

does anyone have experience with dophin sp3 pumps used by euroreef? are they any good? Do you think it will work on a 5in body like my 135 classic?
Old 05/22/2007, 09:24 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nebraskareef
I'm glad I noticed the yellowing on the silicone.

What I will probably end up doing is organizing all of our names/pumps etc and then send them an email. Hoops already gave them the heads up.

It would be most helpful if you guys can get me pics.

Will do tonight.
Old 05/22/2007, 09:33 AM
Registered Member

I'm sorry the body on the 135 classic is 6in
Old 05/22/2007, 11:49 AM
Big 12 Ballin'

The connections near the powercord seem to be glued, I broke mine off once I saw the rust.

They attached even though I snapped off the pegs. Its obvious the back is worthless anyways because they are rusted.

You might be a reefneck!
Old 05/22/2007, 01:01 PM
Premium Member

Collect photos and either submit them through Nebraska or send them all to me and I will forward them to AEUSA under the expectations of having this situation resolved. Let me know what you guys want me to do.
Old 05/22/2007, 01:08 PM
Registered Member

Thank You all for sharing your experiences. I have been following this thread since it was started, and was going to purchase the 250 or 400 for my new 180g. I am sorry to hear about your troubles with the pumps, but I'm sure many other people appreciate the fact that you tried a new product and honestly shared your experiences and opinions (good and bad) along the way. This alone has saved me from a possible tank crash and of course, financial stress!! Hopefully AE will step up and do whats right... Thanks again....
Old 05/22/2007, 01:20 PM
One Good Friend

After 35 pages none the less! What a freakin bummer!
Old 05/22/2007, 01:36 PM
Premium Member

Hopefully AE replaces these pumps for us and the thread will live on. In the meantime, I luckily kept my previous skimmer and will be hooking it back up. So much for trying to save some power...and money.
Old 05/22/2007, 02:10 PM
Premium Member

I received an email already:

Thank you for making me aware of the issue. We have contacted our supplier and the problem is being addressed.
We are committed to our customers and to the quality of our products, for that reason we are working to get this resolved as promptly as possible. There should be some updated pumps sent to us promptly and the new batch of skimmers will come with the updated pumps. We appreciate your patience and that of your customers during this process. I will keep you posted with any new information and be sure that we will do anything in our power to make it right for all.

I think this is a good start and we will have an amicable solution for all. I will likely be contacting all of my customers soon with the details of how to get the pumps replaced.
Old 05/22/2007, 02:18 PM
Premium Member

Thanks! Keep us posted as I am skimmerless until I get the new pumps.

Jim

170 gal curved glass
Solaris H4
AE400
ACIII Pro
Turf Scrubber
LiterMeterIII
Nanostream 6055
LifeReef LCR1
Old 05/22/2007, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

WOW! I just bought my skimmer through a local LFS and when I read this I checked my pump and metal was exposed. Man, the backs of those are hard to get off. My LFS called them and they said they would replace the pump. Thank goodness I'm poor and have to get everything one at a time..otherwise my very first tank would have been a disaster before I even got started.
Old 05/22/2007, 02:24 PM
Premium Member

You bought an AEUSA skimmer from a local LFS. Mind if I ask what the model and price was?
Old 05/22/2007, 02:32 PM
Registered Member

sure... i bought the um classic 135. 189.99..but I also got a discount from the LFS because it was the first one sold and I guess I'm his guinea pig. without the discount I believe it was like 205 or something around there.
Old 05/22/2007, 02:43 PM
Big 12 Ballin'

Quote:
Originally posted by HoopsGuru
I received an email already:

Thank you for making me aware of the issue. We have contacted our supplier and the problem is being addressed.
We are committed to our customers and to the quality of our products, for that reason we are working to get this resolved as promptly as possible. There should be some updated pumps sent to us promptly and the new batch of skimmers will come with the updated pumps. We appreciate your patience and that of your customers during this process. I will keep you posted with any new information and be sure that we will do anything in our power to make it right for all.

I think this is a good start and we will have an amicable solution for all. I will likely be contacting all of my customers soon with the details of how to get the pumps replaced.

Hell yes, Thats a good sign. We shall see how fast "promptly" is in China....

Thanks again Hoops for sticking with us.

All- I will still collect your photos should the worse happen.

You might be a reefneck!
Old 05/22/2007, 02:45 PM
Premium Member

Collect as many photos as you can, and then send them all to me. Or, just post them here and I will save them.
Old 05/22/2007, 03:51 PM
Registered Member

So, best case is we get new pumps?
What would be worst case? Class-action suit?
Old 05/22/2007, 04:50 PM
El Jefe de WRS

Maybe they will switch to a different pump make all together... that would be nice... these pumps kinda blow even if the rust issue was resolved. Perhaps replace with Octo turbines or the Resun pumps...

Oh well, back to finishing the modding on mine.
Old 05/22/2007, 04:57 PM
Premium Member

Of Topic:

Hoops, what kind of fish is that in your avatar? They have those at a store here locallly, for a small fortune, if it is what I am thinking it is. How are they in the reef tank?

Jim

170 gal curved glass
Solaris H4
AE400
ACIII Pro
Turf Scrubber
LiterMeterIII
Nanostream 6055
LifeReef LCR1
Old 05/22/2007, 09:37 PM
Registered Member

I am going to look at my pumps I will post some pics I been working on other things haven't been keeping up this suck's everything in my tank is doing good. We will find out in 24hrs.
Old 05/22/2007, 10:10 PM
Registered Member

Well I'm going to pry the backs off my pumps now Hope there is
no rust (but I'm not holding my breath) I'll let ya'll know what I find
Old 05/22/2007, 10:37 PM
Registered Member

Ok, must checked my pumps, 1 of the 3 is rusty, great. So I have a FOWLR, I need my skimmer and I don't have a spare, do I keep it running, anyone know the implications of rust on fish? What should I be watching for?
P.S I'll have to borrow my freinds camera and try and post a pic tommorow
Old 05/22/2007, 11:01 PM
El Jefe de WRS

Well, Steel is just Iron and Carbon, so you might experience algae growth, but often times nickel and tin are added as well depending on the exact alloy. These can cause trouble. Id say for the time being, FOWLR, you should be fine running them until the pumps get replaced.
Old 05/22/2007, 11:30 PM
Premium Member

Here is a pic of my rusty pumps. I also emailed this to you Hoops.
Old 05/22/2007, 11:34 PM
Registered Member

mine are much worse
Old 05/22/2007, 11:58 PM
Registered Member

Mine looks exactly like jpatricians, with the exposed metal. but the rust just rubbed away. So mine was just begining to start rusting. I really thank you nebraska for bringing this to my attention. I placed my old aquaC in the tank until things get rectified. I will post pics once my batery charges.