Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Florida Marine Aquarium Society (FMAS) - Miami/Ft. Lauderdale
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04/17/2007, 08:26 AM
Premium Member

Where are the Miami Wholesalers locate?

Does anyone know where the wholesalers are in the Miami area?

Address?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 04/17/2007, 08:42 AM
TANK RAIDER!

All Seas Fisheries Inc.
7405-A NW 41st Street
Miami, FL
U can't buy directly.Need to have aquarium supply store permit in order to buy directly from wholesaler.

Imagine every hobbyist buying directly from wholesaler !
There would be no LFS around.
Old 04/17/2007, 10:12 AM
Registered Member

i would say thats the best wholesaler around, they are very very nice there. well....... unless your a hobbiest trying to get in.
Old 04/17/2007, 11:20 AM
Registered Member

lol what if i just want to look around? that way i can send a LFS to grab a certain fish for me...
Old 04/17/2007, 11:35 AM
TANK RAIDER!

Quote:
Originally posted by scubasteve247
i would say thats the best wholesaler around, they are very very nice there. well....... unless your a hobbiest trying to get in.
Hey scubasteve how many u have been 2 ?
U stated that' s the best wholesaler how come?
Remember what happens when u assume.LOL
Old 04/17/2007, 11:50 AM
Registered Member

i used to work with reptile wholesalers, and they dont realy like dealing with retail customers. they take up alot of time and energy. especialy when they just look around.

i would imagine that aquarium wholesalers have similar feelings.

of course if you can make a friend or convince them of your deep pockets and intrest in rare high dollar stuff, you may have a better chance of getting in.

good luck
Old 04/17/2007, 12:31 PM
TANK RAIDER!

Old 04/17/2007, 12:34 PM
TANK RAIDER!

Quote:
Originally posted by gasman059
All Seas Fisheries Inc.
7405-A NW 41st Street
Miami, FL
U can't buy directly.Need to have aquarium supply store permit in order to buy directly from wholesaler.

Imagine every hobbyist buying directly from wholesaler !
There would be no LFS around.
BTW there's also drimports
WHOLESALE ONLY ! lol
Old 04/17/2007, 03:49 PM
Registered Member

As I work at DR Imports I will tell you that none of the wholesalers will let you in to look around, we have legal issues with the State and we have to protect our shop owners and ourselves as shop owners tend to get VERY UPSET if they come in and find someone who they know should not be there. We have a sign posted on our outside wall that states; "We are not open to the public, don't even ask!"

Sorry Steve.
JDT
Old 04/17/2007, 04:00 PM
TANK RAIDER!

Quote:
Originally posted by JDT
As I work at DR Imports I will tell you that none of the wholesalers will let you in to look around, we have legal issues with the State and we have to protect our shop owners and ourselves as shop owners tend to get VERY UPSET if they come in and find someone who they know should not be there. We have a sign posted on our outside wall that states; "We are not open to the public, don't even ask!"

Sorry Steve.
JDT
Old 04/17/2007, 04:00 PM
TANK RAIDER!

Quote:
Originally posted by JDT

Sorry Steve.
JDT
Yup.
Old 04/17/2007, 04:58 PM
Registered Member

i guess you guys dont know me, im Kyle i work at a LFS
Old 04/17/2007, 05:22 PM
Registered Member

yea, i also work w/kyle and think DR and All seas are really good wholesalers, i really want to go to the other ones down there to get a feeling of which one is the best. but like someone already said, you have to have a license or work there and go w/ the owner of the lfs.
Josh
Old 04/18/2007, 06:45 AM
Premium Member

you have to remember its a day to day situation. usually weds/thurs they have most of the stuff, but you have to be there first thing in the morning or its all gone.
Old 04/18/2007, 10:49 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by nyvp
you have to remember its a day to day situation. usually weds/thurs they have most of the stuff, but you have to be there first thing in the morning or its all gone.

So it's open to the public on a day to day situation? If i go there and offer to pay retail for a sps show piece they will let me in? Just checking.

Thanks,
Old 04/18/2007, 11:08 PM
Registered Member.

I highly doubt it... or at least in my opinion it would be bad bussiness. I know that from the hobbiest perspective its great to get a good deal on a piece of coral or go to a wholesaler just to look but from a business standpoints its all bad. I know firsthand that I wouldn't buy from a company i knew was undercutting me and selling direct. Thats just bad business and wholesalers know that their bread and butter lies with retail stores not regular hobbiest's. Remember the reason its wholesale is because they sell in mass volume. I easily spend thousands a week on fish and coral whereas a local hobbiest is only going to fill a tank or two and then thats that.

But I can't blame you for wanting to sneak a peak plus living in miami means that most wholesale places with any hobby lie right around the corner.
Old 04/19/2007, 05:19 AM
TANK RAIDER!

Quote:
Originally posted by db_triggerfish
So it's open to the public on a day to day situation? If i go there and offer to pay retail for a sps show piece they will let me in? Just checking.

Thanks,
nope
Old 04/19/2007, 07:24 AM
Premium Member

what I ment is just like an lfs there are some days when there is almost nothing there and some days after they recieve A big shipment is the best time to go.
Old 04/19/2007, 10:09 AM
Premium Member

Hi Again,

Which Miami Wholesaler stocks the larges selection of Live Rock?

Steve
Old 04/19/2007, 10:18 AM
TANK RAIDER!

Quote:
Originally posted by STEVEBEAM
Hi Again,

Which Miami Wholesaler stocks the larges selection of Live Rock?

Steve
cmon man lol- u cant get in so why bother asking! just kidding
Old 04/21/2007, 02:55 PM
Premium Member

gasman059, from this post and from a prior post it looks like you are getting in and some others are also. I think right or wrong and i am not saying i will do it this. If i go there and give a $ 20 to $50 tip i am in and then tell someone there to call me when they have $150 to $200 nice 5" by 6" sps it's my.
In the early 80's i never waited outside most new york city clubs, and i was a nobody, but back then $20 to $50 got you in. Just say "Bruce" and put cash in his palm and you and your date got in.

Last edited by db_triggerfish; 04/21/2007 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04/21/2007, 02:58 PM
Registered Member

As far as I know you can not get in at all. All Seas just may throw you out. They will not even let etailers in.

All of the others that I go to will not let you in, Period.

I personally think this thread should be closed...It serves no purpose. But I will not contact any mods because I believe it will die anyway.

The future is a self sustaining hobby.
Old 04/21/2007, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
gasman059, from this post and from a prior post it looks like you are getting in and some others are also. I think right or wrong and i am not saying i will do it this. If i go there and give a $ 20 to $50 tip i am in and then tell someone there to call me when they have $150 to $200 nice 5" by 6" sps it's my.
In the early 80's i never waited outside most new york city clubs, and i was a nobody, but back then $20 to $50 got you in. Just say "Bruce" and put cash in his palm and you and your date got in.
I have been down there twice and have not seen ANY sps either of the times. They usually don't get sps in from what I here. Maybe on rare situations. They also have LFS that have done hundreds of high dollar transactions with them for a number of years and it wouldn't be fair to just let random people in the door for the same opportunity.

-Matthew
Old 04/21/2007, 06:33 PM
TANK RAIDER!

Quote:
Buddy u are assuming and when u do that u make an .... out of you and all.
I personally think this thread should be closed...It serves no purpose.
AGREE NO PURPOSE AT ALL_ sometimes its not even worth to post here period LOL
Old 04/21/2007, 06:57 PM
What next???

lol...This thread is funny.
Veterans versus newbies....