Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Central Oklahoma Marine Aquarium Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/28/2007, 10:35 PM
Registered Member

Selling Out

Well, it's been a fun ride, but the fun has become more like work, so it's time to move on to something else. As a result, I am selling my 75g seahorse tank and all of its corals and occupants.

The corals will have to go first, then the livestock, and then the tank. I also need to clean a couple of barns out in preparation for being torn down, so there will be some extra fishy stuff listed as I come across it.

I will keep the lists as updated as possible to show sold items, but keep checking back, as I will add stuff as I can find it. The tank is honestly so overgrown with caulerpa, etc now, that I don't even know if there are any seahorses left. I am positive there are small frags of things hidden that won't show up until some of this stuff finds a new home.

I will not hold items until the meeting. Due to a prior commitment I will not be attending. The first to my house with cash will get first pick on anything in the tank. My camera is on the fritz, so no pics, but most of you know what this stuff looks like anyway. Now, on to the for sale stuff.

2 large bunches of red grape caulerpa - $15.00 ea.

1 double branched yellow finger (colt?) leather on a softball size rock - would be easy to make into 2 - $60.00.

2 orange ball type sponges - 4-6" - been in my tank almost 2 years - $5.00 ea.

2 mushroom leathers on 1 long rock - extend about 8" ea - $40.00. 1 same type of mushroom leather on smaller rock - $20.00.

2 pieces of a fuzzy yellow gorgonian - 6" - $15.00.

1 pipe organ, about baseball sized, actually has live polyps - $25.00

2 brown, 1 fuzzy green elephant ear mushrooms - all 3 attached to small rocks - open about dinner plate sized - $15.00 ea.

1 basketball size rock with approx 60-70 moon polyps - $50.00.
1 flat rock with about a dozen moon polyps - $15.00.

1 very nice pink cabbage leather - approx double fist sized - $60.00.

1 tennis ball sized rock with a red, calcarous algae - $15.00.

1 small branching rock with approx 30-40 white/pink zooanthids - $45.00. 1 shell with 1 of the same white/pink zooanthid - $5.00.

1 very large handful of chaeto - $10.00.

1 tennis ball sized rock with 2 kenya trees - 6" ea - $10.00.

1 baseball sized rock covered in woods polyps - probably over 100 - tall and wavy - $60.00.

Several baseball sized rocks with various mushrooms - have orange, fuzzy green, blue, watermelon, etc - pricing will vary on these depending on variety and number of shrooms on rock, between $20.00 - $60.00.

Several handfuls of various types of caulerpa - have mexicana, prolifera, grape, something tri-bladed, cup, feather, etc. These will be $5.00 per sandwich baggie.

I have a huge amount of an encrusting pink gorgonian. Started on 1 large rock but has spread. Original rock will be $50.00. I'll just have to get it out and see how I can separate it if someone doesn't want it all. Take all $100.00.
1 separate piece of tonga branch rock approx 5" with same pink encrusting gorgonian - $10.00.

1 very large tonga branch rock. Probably 8" X 16". Has several single shrooms and some of the encrusting gorg on it. Covered in feathers and has 2 diff types of very cool caulerpa on one end - $60.00.

Several single shrooms - mostly watermelon, 1 blue - $5.00 ea.

1 tonga branch rock - has orange zooanthids in several different places on it - approx 7" long - $30.00.

1 small thumb size piece of a red gorg with white polyps - may be a chili - $5.00

1 longhorned cowfish - very tame - eats frozen mysis and brine shrimp - $40.00.

1 pink spotted shrimp goby - approx 6" long - $15.00.

1 yellow watchman goby - has one eye as the shrimp goby thought he needed it worse - $15.00.

I have found 1 seahorse in my search thru the tank. It is a juvenile, tank raised h. reidi. I believe it is male, but it is at a bad angle. There may also be another male, and a female in the tank. They will be $40.00 each.

I have a 3 gallon bucket of dead, dried miscellaneous rock. It has been outside for at least the entire winter. I will take $15.00 for all of it.

The 75g tank and stand will be $150.00. The tank is just a tank - has a few scratches, nothing terribly bad, not RR - no sump or fuge. Tank measures 4' X 18.5" X 19". On stand it is 46" tall. Stand is your basic pine stand - 2 doors in front - reasonably good condition. Will come with 4' flourescent fixture with 2 VHO bulbs that light but probably need replacing.

Also have a 15g tall tank on black stand. It's in the barn. I will have to get the measurements. Back of tank has been painted. Goes home with first $20.00.

There are more tanks, lights, filters and supplies in the barn. I will have to spend some time cleaning it out to see what all is there. If you're looking for something, let me know, tho most of the tanks are 25g or smaller. I have several complete set-ups for 5-7g nanos.

The pond plants are also beginning to bud. Colors are pink, yellow and white. I don't know which are which. Will sell for $20.00 for very large tuber. You reach in and get them and they will be less. They are all hardy and have been in the pond for at least 10 years.

Well, that's a start. Please PM me for more info, or if you already have my cell, go ahead and give me a call. Check back as I will update this list thru-out the weekend as I clean up.

Oh, and if anyone has a candy apple red pair of ladies Roper type boots, sized 7.5 - 8 for sale, please let me know. I have joined a ladies equestrian drill team and need a pair for competitions.

Seahorse Enthusiast
Old 03/01/2007, 01:08 AM
Registered Member

pm sent
Old 03/01/2007, 01:21 AM
Registered Member

PM Sent
Old 03/01/2007, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

PM's responded to.

Seahorse Enthusiast
Old 03/01/2007, 12:12 PM
Premium Member

PM sent

"You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'My God, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'" --Dave Barry
Old 03/02/2007, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

All PM's answered.

If you're the least bit interested in any of it, remember, the prices aren't set in stone. Send me a PM, and we'll get together this weekend.

Thanks

Seahorse Enthusiast
Old 03/03/2007, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

Started going thru the barn. Still have the 15g tall tank with black stand. Has HOB filter, partial top but no light. $20.00

Have a double 10g tank stand with 2 tanks. Both tanks have lights and HOB filters. May have heaters - those are in another area I still need to clean out. Take both complete tanks and stand $20.00.

Have 2 single 10g tanks. One is complete for fish with UG filter and light. $10.00. The other tank has a plastic screened lid for a reptile or lizard. $5.00.

I have 5 tanks of 5-7g range. Most have lids and lights. All will have HOB filters. $10.00 each.

I also have a boxfull of extra HOB filters of various sizes. As far as I know, they all work. $15.00 for the box.

There is a 45g long tank too. I know there are lights for it, but I don't know about a hood yet. Currently it has a screened cover for reptiles. I will add a HOB filter for it and take $20.00.

To the best of my knowledge, all of these tanks hold water, and all of the lights, filters and heaters work. If you would like all of this equipment, I will take $80.00 for all of it.

Since I have had little response on the list of corals, I assume the prices are too high. Again, if you are interested in anything, please let me know, and we'll worry about price once you come out and see them in person. I have listed the entire tank, stand, contents, lights, filters, livestock, and all SW supplies for $600.00.
I will be available all day Sun except for 1:30-5:00 pm.

Seahorse Enthusiast
Old 03/04/2007, 06:19 PM
Registered Member

PM sent
Old 03/05/2007, 12:32 PM
Registered Member

All PM's Answered.

Seahorse Enthusiast
Old 03/05/2007, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

Hello
I would like to come a take a look one day this week if that is ok. I will send you my phone number.
Aeric
Old 03/06/2007, 07:44 AM
Registered Member

Currently all PM's answered and EVERYTHING is still available. Lots of people can type but apparently no one can drive.

I will be available every evening this week from 5:15 - 9:00 pm. Nothing is being held, it is first come, first choice. I have someone seriously interested in the tank and stand. Of course it can't go until it is empty. I also have someone seriously interested in the seahorses. I can't find them until some of this stuff goes.

PLEASE give me a call and let's get some selling started. I have given my phone number to every PM responder. If you're serious about wanting any of this and not just keeping your keyboard warm, come on and call and let's get together.

Seahorse Enthusiast
Old 03/10/2007, 07:22 PM
Registered Member

Here is the updated list of what is still available:

2 large bunches of red grape caulerpa - $15.00 ea.
1 double branched yellow finger (colt?) leather on a softball size rock - would be easy to make into 2 - $60.00.
2 orange ball type sponges - 4-6" - been in my tank almost 2 years - $5.00 ea.
2 mushroom leathers on 1 long rock - extend about 8" ea - $40.00.
2 pieces of a fuzzy yellow gorgonian - 6" - $15.00.
2 elephant ear mushrooms - all attached to small rocks - open about dinner plate sized - $15.00 ea.
1 basketball size rock with approx 60-70 moon polyps - $50.00.
1 very nice pink cabbage leather - approx double fist sized - $60.00.
1 tennis ball sized rock with a red, calcarous algae - $15.00.
1 small branching rock with approx 30-40 white/pink zooanthids - $45.00.
1 very large handful of chaeto - $10.00.
1 tennis ball sized rock with 2 kenya trees - 6" ea - $10.00.
1 baseball sized rock covered in woods polyps - probably over 100 - tall and wavy - $60.00.
Several baseball sized rocks with various mushrooms - have orange, fuzzy green, blue, watermelon, etc - pricing will vary on these depending on variety and number of shrooms on rock, between $20.00 - $60.00.
Several handfuls of various types of caulerpa - have mexicana, prolifera, grape, something tri-bladed, cup, feather, etc. These will be $5.00 per sandwich baggie.
I have a huge amount of an encrusting pink gorgonian. Started on 1 large rock but has spread. Original rock will be $50.00. I'll just have to get it out and see how I can separate it if someone doesn't want it all. Take all $100.00.
1 separate piece of tonga branch rock approx 5" with same pink encrusting gorgonian - $10.00.
1 very large tonga branch rock. Probably 8" X 16". Has several single shrooms and some of the encrusting gorg on it. Covered in feathers and has 2 diff types of very cool caulerpa on one end - $60.00.
Several single shrooms - $5.00 ea.
1 tonga branch rock - has orange zooanthids in several different places on it - approx 7" long - $30.00.
1 small thumb size piece of a red gorg with white polyps - may be a chili - $5.00
1 longhorned cowfish - very tame - eats frozen mysis and brine shrimp - $40.00.
1 pink spotted shrimp goby - approx 6" long - $15.00.
1 yellow watchman goby - has one eye as the shrimp goby thought he needed it worse - $15.00.
The 75g tank and stand will be $150.00. The tank is just a tank - has a few scratches, nothing terribly bad, not RR - no sump or fuge. Tank measures 4' X 18.5" X 19". On stand it is 46" tall. Stand is your basic pine stand - 2 doors in front - reasonably good condition. Will come with 4' flourescent fixture with 2 VHO bulbs that light but probably need replacing.

All of the extra hardware and tanks have been sold. I will be available Sun all day except from 1:15 to 5:00pm. My cell # is (405) 816-4918. It would be best to call if you are interested in any of this stuff because I don't get online much over the weekend.

Thanks,

Seahorse Enthusiast