Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > East Tennessee Reef Club
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/07/2007, 03:14 PM
Catch and release

Chili sounds good to me...calibration as well

I'll bring Texas caviar...should fit nicely with the theme.

Chris
Old 02/07/2007, 07:52 PM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

Awesome guys! I'm salivating already...though I have to say Texas caviar is a bit scary.
Old 02/07/2007, 08:26 PM
Catch and release

Quote:
Originally posted by EvilMel
Awesome guys! I'm salivating already...though I have to say Texas caviar is a bit scary.

It's made with vegetables and starches and is quite tasty
Old 02/07/2007, 09:49 PM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

I figured it would be! I'd try it anyways. I'm fairly food adventurous unless stuff has bell peppers in it (or a ton of raw celery).
Old 02/09/2007, 09:50 PM
Keeping It Real

Hmmm, Rocky Mountain Oysters??? I can bring some back with me from IL...

Its not a hobby... Its a way of life...
Old 02/10/2007, 09:33 AM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

OH good lord....after Brent told me what that was...uummmm NO.
Old 02/10/2007, 09:55 AM
Queen Supreme multitasker

I just talked to my Mom and she has a migraine, she is going to call me by 11:30 if she can make it. So, if I *don't* show up, it is all her fault!

Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty.
- Leo Rosten
Old 02/10/2007, 02:02 PM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

Hey so...Don just called me and told me there was confusion about the day/time and now I see why!

We talked about the day/time on another thread. That's the problem.

The meeting is next weekend (Saturday) at some time between 12:30 and 1:00. I think we said for everyone to show up at 12:30 except Randy who is apparently going to make a grand entrance.

OK?

I hope no one went to my house today. I wasn't there and the tank is DIRTY! But the dirty tank thing is normal, so who cares.
Old 02/10/2007, 09:20 PM
Registered Member

Hey Mel, thought I'd let you know I may actually attend a meeting....my twice-a -year meeting! Don't know if I'll bring kid(s) or not yet. I've been talking to a guy on Nano-reef user name Knoxvegas. Needless to say, he lives here; I invited him to come to the meeting. His name's Tim. I haven't actually met him yet, but he seems nice. He has a pico (2.5g), but I think he's thinking on upsizing soon.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing your tank, Mel! I'll bring something edible...dunno what yet, but something....
Old 02/11/2007, 08:53 AM
Queen Supreme multitasker

You are going to just die laughing. I had it in my head that the meeting was today. I have no idea why because I KNOW it is next week, as it is the same weekend as the race(lure coursing) I even had my mind working out going to the meeting first and then leaving for Georgia

For whatever reason, my brain decided it was this weekend. And yes, I showed up at your house with hot cornbread After I had to go back home and find your address. After I drove through both your neighborhood and the other neighborhood next to it(those are some friendly waving people in that other neighborhood!)

Oh, I tell ya, I can amuse myself. I ended up taking the cornbread to Larry's work and letting them eat it.

Losing my mind for sure!

Money can't buy happiness, but neither can poverty.
- Leo Rosten
Old 02/11/2007, 03:36 PM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

Dang Dang DANG! I hate to miss out on hot cornbread! hah hah.

I'm sorry about all the confusion this weekend Julie! Will you still be able to make it next weekend?

Hey Jan...bring him along!! We'd love to have both of you come to see the tank.
Old 02/11/2007, 06:22 PM
28" Rainbow Trout

FWIW Julie, I almost did what you did. I did actually cooked up a casserole pan of kielbasa, smoked sausage, onions and peppers on Friday night. We're having it for dinner tonight...
Old 02/15/2007, 10:03 AM
Premium Member

Have you decided on a Time for the meeting? I have never been to one, how do I get there?
Old 02/15/2007, 01:44 PM
Keeping It Real

12:30 or 1:00... Is what I think we decided... Usually directions are posted on the website... http://www.easttnreefclub.com/ Or theres another thread going...

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forum...readid=1024076

Hmmm, actually I think there are a few threads, if you include the skimmer one...

Old 02/16/2007, 10:27 AM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

So is everyone still coming?

You guys can show up any time around 12:30-1. I'm going to try very hard to have the chili ready when you get there. It can simmer a while anyways if you happen to run a little late.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting...I had to put Nomi to sleep yesterday and I had been spending time with him.

Here's the directions:
from Kingston Pk heading out west (as if you were coming from the mall) turn L onto Gallaher View (if you are coming from out west just turn R). Go all the way down almost to the end of Gallaher View and make a L onto Gallaher Station. You'll know you are getting close when the road finally straightens out from all the curves. Once you are in the subdivision, turn R onto Station View, then L onto Spring Haven.

We are 8125 Spring Haven Ln (on the left side with a flag out front).

If you want to map the directions to my house, our street doesn't come up on most mapping programs. You can map 821 station view, K TN 37919 and then just follow the directions above.

Sorry that this is a bit late to give you directions...but I've been a little preoccupied.

Last edited by EvilMel; 02/16/2007 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02/16/2007, 11:18 AM
Registered Member

We plan on coming tomorrow. I've been real busy with school (and then with the holidays, and now school again, sheesh) so we haven't been able to make any meeting since...well last time Mel hosted, in August I believe. I'm looking forward to seeing those of you I know and getting know some new people as well.

John
Old 02/16/2007, 01:12 PM
Catch and release

Sorry about Nomi Mel
Old 02/16/2007, 01:18 PM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

It will be good to see you again John.

Thanks Chris.
Old 02/16/2007, 02:56 PM
Keeping It Real

I shall be in attendence... Minus Ashley... Plus

Old 02/16/2007, 03:50 PM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

So I got all the stuff for the chili and have started making the cookies: pistachio cranberry cookies and chocolate espresso snowcap cookies. I hope everyone comes hungry.
Old 02/16/2007, 03:54 PM
Keeping It Real

I'll be hungry...

Sooooo I spent an hour at the post office today... Dumped off about 100 wedding invitations and then since they're an odd size, I'm told that it'll be an additional 13 cents... And of course they don't make a 13 cent stamp... So I had to put a 10 cent and a 3 cent stamp on ALL of them... The women in the line thought I was cute fussing over all those invitations... I should have let Ashley drop them off... Ok, I'm done venting...

Old 02/16/2007, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

Randy that is funny.
When we mailed ours about 10% were over the weight limit and had to use a 55 cent stamp. I always thought that was strange.

Look at it this way ..... You can always bank this experience and play it when she tells you that you should care about blank because she cares about your obssession, I mean hobby.

I asked my 3 year old daughter who wore man panties and she replied, "Superman!" Think about it.
Old 02/17/2007, 03:11 AM
Premium Member

alas cant make it

I ordered Dish network install, and the guy said I had to be here from 12 pm to 5pm. Bummer really wanted to come to the meeting. Well theres always next time.
Old 02/17/2007, 09:15 AM
Hmpfh! No more potlucks.

And if he comes early...just come on anyways.
Old 02/17/2007, 09:39 PM
Premium Member

would you believe he didnt even show up? they screwed up my appt?! well i heard you all had a great time and Im glad it went well... hope to see you at next months meeting! I just put in a huge order from Drsfosters and will besetting up my tank soon. have fun yal!