Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Maine - Salt Water Addicts of Maine (SWAM)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/23/2007, 09:23 AM
Registered Member

Ive counted 13 so far including Laurie and I, denise and Sue. So thats great, with the flyers hopefully will be a big turnout! finger crossed
Old 01/23/2007, 09:45 AM
Reef Addict

I just sent a flyer to your email Matt. The new site should be up very soon. Then flyers and such can be posted on the site.

Dave
Old 01/23/2007, 11:03 AM
Registered Member

I'll be there
Old 01/24/2007, 06:57 PM
Premium Member

I'm planning on coming. I still have my 30 gallon cube and if I can't sell it maybe I get some frags! I will have a Remora Aqua C (not pro) along with a MAG 3 pump for a good price if anyone would want it.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!
Old 01/24/2007, 09:23 PM
Zoanthid Connisseur

Quote:
Originally posted by jacksonsmom25
Ive counted 13 so far including Laurie and I, denise and Sue. So thats great, with the flyers hopefully will be a big turnout! finger crossed
Man, with all the donations we got, I have my fingers crossed, my toes crossed... Heck, even my hair will be braided by then! LOL You get the picture!

Laurie

SWAM Rules! (SaltWater Addicts of Maine)
Old 01/27/2007, 11:48 AM
Premium Member

For those who wish to display their frags at the frag swap I set-up a tank in the mud room. It is a 50 gallon tank which I filled with RO water, reef crystal salt (thanks whoever posted the Dr. Foster's deal) Gravity of 1.024, temp 76. I'm trying to get the temp to 78.

Go ahead and enter through the garage.

Last edited by bunsenburner; 01/27/2007 at 12:17 PM.
Old 01/27/2007, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

Ill be bringing a couple zoa frags and a piece or two of orange montipora. Nothing huge but I just gotta make some room in my lil 29 gal for the stuff i plan on buying at the meet
Old 01/27/2007, 04:48 PM
Registered Member

Deb and I will be there again! LOL
Old 01/27/2007, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

I hope you really do get to come....LOL
Old 01/28/2007, 09:31 AM
Registered Member

I wont be able to attend today. Have a follow-up appointment with a client from Sat.

If anyone had interest in something I was going to bring drop me a PM and I'll try and hook up on my next road trip south. Sell, swap etc.

Sue, I sent you a PM.

Have fun guys. I know I'm missing out on a good meet & am going to be kicking myself for a while when I hear about all the goodies that changed hands.

Tim

Don Imus
Old 01/29/2007, 07:47 AM
The Essence of Addiction

Great Meet!

Just wanted to send out a well earned GREAT JOB & THANKS to Laurie & Crew ... the meet had a great turn out!

Also a round of applause to all those who sponsored this auction event, esp Aquatic Concepts for their very generous gift!

If we keep this up, we will have many speaker events and I will probably end up with a nano zoa tank

Go SWAM!

Denise

Don't give me no hand me down world
I got one already"
Old 01/29/2007, 08:25 AM
Registered Member

Thanks Matt for hosting!
Old 01/29/2007, 09:30 AM
Registered Member

Thank you Matt!
Old 01/29/2007, 09:51 AM
Registered Member

Matt,
You did a great job with this meet. I enjoy coming to your house everytime. Food was awesome.
thanks again
megan
Old 01/29/2007, 11:45 AM
Premium Member

Ditto what Megan and everyone else said. Thank you, Mitz
Old 01/29/2007, 12:08 PM
Registered Member

Thanks to Matt for hosting a great meet as well as to the other Matt for dontating some great frags to the club along with everyone else who donated.
Old 01/29/2007, 01:04 PM
Premium Member

Thanks to Matt, the vendors and SWAM for another great meeting. I sure hope I'll be able to attend more.
Old 01/29/2007, 01:09 PM
Reef Addict

Dave and I had a great time. Matt your puppy is so cute. We had a great turn out at this meeting and I hope we continue have as many new faces all around. Can't wait until next month to see you all again.

Rose
Old 01/29/2007, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Matt, Thanks for hosting the frag swap/meeting. And thanks for lending me the issue of Coral. Makes me think I should get my own subscription. I think it's the best marine magazine on the market. Thanks also for the toadstool frag. I mounted him with a toothpick and crazy glue gel on one of those plastic discs as soon as I got home. He's doing great, polyps extended. The food was great, as always! And 'Marshmallow' is the cutest and nicest pup I've seen in a long time. To Laurie and all the rest who put this together a hardy round of applause! I think I had the most fun ever! Great turnout and sooooo nice to hand over secretary to Rose! Laurie, I just love the anthelia, I placed it near my red sea pulsing xenia at the base of my bulkhead. I also love the macro, I ended up with at least 3 kinds. I have it in my refugium at present but plan to add some to my display tank since I love the look of macro among corals. Wynne I love the green mushrooms and the hairy mushrooms I got from you. I've never had hairy mushrooms and they look great among all my red/purple/orange/flourescent green and hybrid mushrooms. Even my husband John is impressed! Meghan, I love the picture and am figuring the best spot to display it. SWAM thanks for the zoa calendar I won, can't wait to recieve it, like Denise, I'll have to make a place in my reef for some zoas, they are gorgeous. Mike E. looking forward to recieving that print of you angels and will enlarge a copy for you too to frame. Thanks the other Matt for the sps frags, love the plastic tube cemented to the bottom, made it easy to place in my reef where my Niger trigger can't move them. Hope I didn't leave anyone out but if I inadvertantly did, will have to blame it on a 'blonde' moment. Oh, btw, thanks Mitzi for trusting me with the calcium reactor, I will really need it because I'm putting several clams as well as lots of sps in my reef. Good to see you and your daughter. See you all soon. Sue
Old 01/29/2007, 07:17 PM
Premium Member

Thanks Matt! I had a wonderful time. Should Sissy and I show up this Saturday? LOL JK. Give that puppy a kiss for me...she is the calmest puppy I have ever seen in my life! Nice pick

Debby