Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Central Oklahoma Marine Aquarium Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/24/2007, 09:47 PM
Registered Member

Showing off a couple pics....

I started cycling a 29g for a valentini puffer about a month ago. Most of the base rock is from Steve. I decided to just put 3 pieces of coraline covered rock in there to seed it all as I don't plan on having anything in there until March. Anyways, I am only using a 65w 6500k PC bulb and the coraline is sloooowly starting to be visible on the white base rock.

Anyways..here is a pic:

And here is a rock of zoo's I scored for 27 bucks at Paradise Aquatics in Overland Park, Kansas. I am having to keep em in my roommates 26g until I go home.

Old 01/24/2007, 11:05 PM
Reef Fanatic

Re: Showing off a couple pics....

Quote:
Originally posted by tslabaugh
I started cycling a 29g for a valentini puffer about a month ago....
Valentini puffers are so cool - I really wanted one a while back. I might have to look back into them for a tank.

Quote:
And here is a rock of zoo's I scored for 27 bucks at Paradise Aquatics in Overland Park, Kansas. I am having to keep em in my roommates 26g until I go home.
Great zoas! I used to live in Overland Park. It's a GREAT area - we miss it a lot! However, that was before I was a reefer, so I don't know what the LFS arena is like there...

RK: Where only bad things happen fast...

CRAZY 4 the CRASE - Oct 13, 2007
Conf for Reef Aquarists and SW Enthusiasts
Google it - Search for: craseokc
Old 01/24/2007, 11:27 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Paul!

Yeah, Valentini puffers are neat cause they got the whole puffer effect but don't need hundreds of gallons of water! lol I have been trying to decide which LFS to get one from.

The LFS up there are pretty much Petland (franchise, much better than any petco but can sometimes be very high on corals) and Paradise Aquatics. Both have a good variety and Paradise Aquatics has some AMAZING display tanks. I also get to stop by Sea Dreams in wichita on my way home which also has a nice selection. So I am lucky enough to get to shop in OKC, Wichita, and the KC area! lol

I just noticed my roommates perc clown has started hanging around my zoos....Seems he is hosting on them! lol
Old 01/24/2007, 11:37 PM
TOTM October 2007

Nice Zoos Tyler.

Very nice indeed.
Old 01/25/2007, 01:41 AM
Registered Member

cool pics.
Old 01/25/2007, 01:51 AM
Registered Member

I really like the zoos.... I have some zoos that are just... blah... plain brown... I dont like them, but as soon as i get my 125 i am crating a couple of zoo gardens! :-)....

Keep us updated on the project,
-Dustin