Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/24/2007, 01:08 AM
Premium Member

kalkwasser reactor feed

does anyone feed a kalk reactor with a tunze osmolator.if so how well does it work and how do you time your stir.
Old 01/24/2007, 07:10 AM
Registered Member

I have the Tunze kalk reactor. It's made to work with the Osmolator. Osmolator water enters the bottom of the chamber and stirs the kalk. Works well for me.
Old 01/24/2007, 05:57 PM
Premium Member

thanks for the help
Old 01/24/2007, 06:00 PM
Premium Member

I have the Tunze Osmolator feeding a Tunze Calcium container on one tank and it works fine. Just needs filling more often

On my 90 I have a Tunze Osmolator feeding a Geo Kalk reactor and it works fine on it also. No problems and lasts much longer between refills of Kalk

The osmolator (control unit not in pic) has its pump in my top-off container which in turn feeds my Kalk reactor(unit on left). Water from the Kalk reactor feeds into my tank. Easy to hook up with any of the Kalk units as the Osmolator controller does most of it..

Old 01/25/2007, 07:24 AM
Registered Member

I have a oceanus top off hooked to a geo kalkwasser works great no need for a extra storage take to hold water just hooks direct to my ro/di
Old 01/25/2007, 07:55 AM
Premium Member

Re: kalkwasser reactor feed

Quote:
Originally posted by buddie
does anyone feed a kalk reactor with a tunze osmolator.if so how well does it work and how do you time your stir.
I have exactly this setup. I send the output of the osmolator pump to my DIY kalk reactor. The pump mixes the kalk (just like the tunze kalk dispenser) and then the kalkwasser runs to my sump. Works really well.