Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > West Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern California Reefers
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05/03/2006, 09:55 PM
Registered Member

Just curious, what kind of car is it?
Old 05/03/2006, 10:16 PM
Registered Member

it's an honda s2000
Old 05/04/2006, 11:06 AM
Registered Member

awesome car. got a silver one last year.
Old 05/04/2006, 11:11 AM
Loan Shark Willy

make sure you get the car checked out. never know what folks do to those cars nowadays....especially those with speedracer mentality. hehehe.
Old 05/04/2006, 11:48 AM
Registered Member

wow.. one of these OT post have finally helped me out.. I'm actually going through the used car buying process too.. Anyways I just called up my bank and asked them what i needed to bring in..
they told me a copy of the registration.. and all the information for the current loan (aka who to pay off for the pink slip)..
I'm going today to get everything finished..

-Chris
P.S. I'm gettign a nissan 350z
Old 05/04/2006, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

Im jealous of you chris lol. Im still waiting on the guy to call me back. What kind of things should i look for when i go inspect the car?
Old 05/04/2006, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

Unless your a mechanic, go with the seller to a licensed mechanic who will check out the car. It might cost you 30-50 bucks but it beats driving the car for few days and have it break down on you.

Also get a carfax report. this will tell you if the odometer has been rolled back or if it has a salvaged title. It is not a guarantee but it is better than nothing. go to carfax.com.
Old 05/05/2006, 04:00 PM
Registered Member

Who usually pays for the inspection fee? the buyer or the seller?
Old 05/05/2006, 04:20 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dacoolguychris
wow.. one of these OT post have finally helped me out.. I'm actually going through the used car buying process too.. Anyways I just called up my bank and asked them what i needed to bring in..
they told me a copy of the registration.. and all the information for the current loan (aka who to pay off for the pink slip)..
I'm going today to get everything finished..

-Chris
P.S. I'm gettign a nissan 350z
I've had a 350z for almost 3years and I have never had so many problems as with this car. Right now it's in the shop because of a recall with the fuel hoses. About a month after buying it, they had to replace some coil in the ignition and my window's motor was defective and had to be replaced. Now that it's in the shop I have to get the passenger side window's motor replaced also. You don't know how mad I got when I rolled it down and couldn't get it back up. Didn't want to drive it because i was afraid someone was going to steal something or mess with my car while the windows were down. Thank good I got the extended 72,000 mile warranty because i just hit 36,700 miles. It's a nice looking car and pretty fast too, but I've heard other people complain about having problems with electrical problems.
Old 05/05/2006, 04:23 PM
Fish Yenta

Quote:
Who usually pays for the inspection fee? the buyer or the seller?
The buyer, since the buyer benefits. Unless, of course, you negotiate otherwise as part of the deal.
Old 05/05/2006, 04:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rbdesigns
I've had a 350z for almost 3years and I have never had so many problems as with this car. Right now it's in the shop because of a recall with the fuel hoses. About a month after buying it, they had to replace some coil in the ignition and my window's motor was defective and had to be replaced. Now that it's in the shop I have to get the passenger side window's motor replaced also. You don't know how mad I got when I rolled it down and couldn't get it back up. Didn't want to drive it because i was afraid someone was going to steal something or mess with my car while the windows were down. Thank good I got the extended 72,000 mile warranty because i just hit 36,700 miles. It's a nice looking car and pretty fast too, but I've heard other people complain about having problems with electrical problems.
The only problem that i was aware of when it comes to a Z, was the fact that the tires feathered alot due to miscalculation.

Quote:
NicoleC quote:The buyer, since the buyer benefits. Unless, of course, you negotiate otherwise as part of the deal.
but wouldn't it be a waste if the buyer ends up not buying the car for whatever reason?
Old 05/05/2006, 05:10 PM
Fish Yenta

Quote:
but wouldn't it be a waste if the buyer ends up not buying the car for whatever reason?
Car insurance is also a waste if you aren't involved in a 14 car pileup on the 405, but we still buy it just in case.

Caveat emptor. It's not just a good idea; it's the law.
Old 05/06/2006, 12:32 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by rbdesigns
well final paperwork is going in this weekend.. have to get insurance on it.. I hope that it doesn't give me problems.. it's a nice looking car.. fast.. and at a great price.. i also know that nissan has a good reputation for having reliable cars..

-Chris
Old 05/06/2006, 07:17 PM
Registered Member

New problem, the institution that he still owes from is an online company call ELoan. So how do i go about that?
Old 05/06/2006, 09:05 PM
Registered Member

Just pay them off with a cashiers check from your bank and wait for the title in the mail. Have all of the other paperwork filled out, go to the DMV pay your fees such as taxes and registration. It will take a month or so to get the title.

Once you get title, go to the DMV and complete the transfer. Good luck.
Old 05/08/2006, 10:14 AM
Registered Member

do most auto-insurance copanies have a grace period in which new auto purchases are covered for before you actually have to add the vehicle to you plan.. hope that makes sense..

just wondering how the car is covered during the transaction.. or should all that be taken care of beforehand

-Chris
Old 05/08/2006, 12:18 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by dacoolguychris
do most auto-insurance copanies have a grace period in which new auto purchases are covered for before you actually have to add the vehicle to you plan.. hope that makes sense..

just wondering how the car is covered during the transaction.. or should all that be taken care of beforehand

-Chris
nevermind.. i called my insurance company and temporarily got liability on the car for a month before i have to get full coverage

-Chris