Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Only & Aggressive Tanks
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03/29/2006, 05:13 AM
Registered Member

Video of my 300G

Here is a video of my tank and fish, Video is large but worth it dvd resolution and quality hope you enjoy it.

http://www.gimehost.com/MpvBnEajSvK2D1xeZhhN
Old 03/29/2006, 09:40 AM
Huh???

broken link - it says the links "has expired"
Old 03/29/2006, 01:21 PM
Registered Member

Working now others have downloaded it without problems. Let me know if is still does not work.
Old 03/29/2006, 02:18 PM
Registered Member

Can't get the file to work
Old 03/29/2006, 02:38 PM
Registered Member

Do not right click save as. Click link there is a 8 sec delay. Then click download file.
Old 03/29/2006, 02:48 PM
Registered Member

Working for me. Will watch it soon.
Old 03/29/2006, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

Cool stuff. The number of tangs you have concerns me a little, since your powder blue looks pretty unhappy sitting at the bottom, but still, cool tank.
Old 03/29/2006, 03:27 PM
840>420

awesome video, beautiful fish!
Old 03/29/2006, 03:28 PM
840>420

Quote:
Originally posted by Unlikely_Hero
Cool stuff. The number of tangs you have concerns me a little, since your powder blue looks pretty unhappy sitting at the bottom, but still, cool tank.
his powderblue looks great to me, as do all his fish, they are all extremely healthy looking and active.

where do they sleep at night though??
Old 03/29/2006, 03:29 PM
Registered Member

Nah, that PBT is cool, it is just enjoying the current going by and since it is smaller, it seems to just be staying out of the way. That one yellow tang by the clownfish seems like a little jerk chasing the achillies. That current is really strong which can be a good thing for the tangs, does it ever slow down though to give them a break though? Do they need a switch or pause in the flow? Very pretty tank! I really like the clown tang. The clown trigger seems like the yellow on top isn't very strong. Any ideas? Kind of dark but swims a lot though....which makes me not concerned.
Old 03/29/2006, 04:06 PM
Huh???

that GF angel and Clown tang are sweet!

I have read your threads B4, but what does your filtration consist of??
Old 03/29/2006, 04:10 PM
Registered Member

Dude that Clown Tang in your sig is sick, how mean is that mother?
Old 03/29/2006, 04:50 PM
Registered Member

Yeah, I am also wondering is your Clown Tang aggressive to any of oyur other fish? he is BEAUTIFUL! You tank is amazing!!!
Old 03/29/2006, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

just when I convince myself I dont need a bigger tank now you post this you jerk!!!!!!!! awsome tank man what kind of filtration do you have if it says it on your sig I'll look but super nice fish man,,,keep updating
Old 03/29/2006, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

Wow nice vid! The Clown Tang really likes the current!
Old 03/29/2006, 06:44 PM
Registered Member

How long has the tank been running and who do you have aggression probs with?
Old 03/29/2006, 08:27 PM
Registered Member

wow, this sucks.. i've tried it on 2 computers and can't get this thing to work. it keeps saying there is a error with the file

hey HD, have you ever thought of adding a harlequin tusk?
Old 03/29/2006, 10:52 PM
Premium Member

You need to download the latest Divx codec and install it for the video to play correctly:

http://www.divx.com/divx/play/

I think when installing you have the option of only installing the codec, and not the player, which is what I do (codec only).
Old 03/29/2006, 11:54 PM
Registered Member

Awesome video Hdtv! I didnt realize how big your fish were until i saw the live action footage! I was hoping to see the Majestic Angel in the video but couldnt find him. What happened to it?
Old 03/30/2006, 01:19 AM
Registered Member

very nice vid. your water is so crystal clear and your fish have some the most bright and vivid colors. I'm going to be going to a 225 and I hope my tank is as beutiful as your's.
James.
Old 03/30/2006, 03:22 AM
Registered Member

Unlikely_Hero

No no problems with the number of tangs in the tank, The PB swims all over the tank most of the time. My lights where just turned on before I took the video. Thanks

I like Triggers

Thanks glad you enjoyed it. The fish sleep in and around the rock work.

danorth

Yes my three yellows are very aggressive tangs to the Achilles and to each other. But nothing major a little chase here and there is harmless. No all my CL's run 24-7 the flow is very heavy in the tank. Nothing compared to the natural environment so it does not concern me. Plus running a SB bottom I have to keep the flow up to export the waste out of the water column. Yes my clown tang is great I love it. Not sure with the yellow on the top he had more of it when he was smaller.I have had him for 2 years (in another tank) I does go very dark now and then he is very docile for a clown he loves his Norri sheets. He is a very active swimmer.

capt. insano

Thanks they are great fish I have wanted a nice Gold flake Angel for sometime now. hen my LFS got him in for me he was perfect and eating. Here is a break down on the filtration:

Sump and all pumps in basement. Running 2 CL. One with a Seq Hammerhead outputting to a OM 4-way with all 1.5" outputs. Second CL is a Gen-X PCX-55Hp pump driving 2 penductors. Return pump is a Gen-X PCX-40 in basement with 1.5" pipping. Sump is 75g with YES A WET DRY for added filtration. Skimmer is a 42.5" tall 8" dia dual Beckett driving the beast are 2 Gen-X PCX40's one for each injector. I run a 40w UV with a very slow flow rate around 400g/hr. I run a ozone gen 250mg/hr I keep the ORP within 380-415mv. For lighting I run 3 250W 14K coralVue pendents and bulbs. IceCap 660 ballast driving 4 48" URI actinic plus VHO's. I do 50g water changes every 2-4 Weeks. Dose with kalk and add mg and Ca. Tank is one year old this month.

fredweezy

Thanks the Clown tang is not aggressive at all. He really likes the flow in the tank very active.

binaryterror

Thanks

golden samuri

Thanks see above for the specs on the filtration.

Titan*69

Yes he sure does! He was eating 5 mins after I added him to the tank. Grazing all the algae off the Starboard bottom.

fredweezy

Tank has been running 1 year this month. Not really any aggression problems with my fish. I feed all the fish great foods and allot of it I find this helps combat the behavior.

emperior911

Sorry to hear you can not view the video! I believe the video is mpeg 4. downloading the above what the previous poster said should work for you. Post if you need any help. No never thought of adding a tusk.

Dirk Diggler

Thanks Yes it is hard to size a fish just from a picture. Yes the majestic I lost him about 2 months ago. Not sure why he just stopped eating for one day and I found him the next day. No warning sign nothing! He was the biggest one I have seen full adult size and could have been old not sure? I had this updated in my 300g thread here on the forum.

TAZ316

Thanks

Good luck with the 225 build! Just take your time with it. You will have it looking great in no time.
Old 03/30/2006, 03:44 AM
Registered Member

got the video to work HD, truly amazing.
Old 03/30/2006, 08:44 AM
Hi

Great video

do you have any plans to add more fish or is this tank maxed out?
Old 03/30/2006, 12:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by emperior911
got the video to work HD, truly amazing.

Thanks

Glad you got it to work!

bigdee65

Thanks

Not sure what I will add next?
Old 03/30/2006, 01:23 PM
Premium Member

How big is this file. I had to abort the download because it said it would take 22 minutes and that is with a T1 line.