Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > North Central Pennsylvania Aquarium Reef Society (NCPARS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10/11/2005, 09:23 AM

Tim

There is a guy in our club that is a relic hunter. His name is Stan (same goes for his username on here). He is pretty into it from the casual talks Ive had with him.

bill
Old 10/11/2005, 09:25 AM
TOF

Quote:
Originally posted by billpa
Tim

There is a guy in our club that is a relic hunter. His name is Stan (same goes for his username on here). He is pretty into it from the casual talks Ive had with him.

bill
Any idea where Stan lives (geographically)?
TIA
Tagamet
Old 10/11/2005, 09:57 AM

Yeah

He lives in Springfield which is Delaware County. I think he is really into searching old civil war battlegrounds and what not. HTH.

Bill
Old 10/11/2005, 10:12 AM
TOF

Quote:
Yeah
He lives in Springfield which is Delaware County. I think he is really into searching old civil war battlegrounds and what not. HTH.
Bill
Cool. Is he young enough to likely live past June of '06 (that's when I retire)? If so, maybe you could PM his contact info.
TIA,
Tagamet
Old 10/11/2005, 10:39 AM

Im no doctor, but I play one on TV. My professional opinion is he will still be kicking in 06. You can PM him yourself. His username is stan on RC. Tell him I told you to contact him. Unfortunately he knows me pretty well

later
bill
Old 10/11/2005, 12:19 PM
TOF

Quote:

Im no doctor, but I play one on TV. My professional opinion is he will still be kicking in 06. You can PM him yourself. His username is stan on RC. Tell him I told you to contact him. Unfortunately he knows me pretty well

later
bill
Well, I stayed in a HolidayInn Express last night, and I'm not so sure he's gonna make it.... "Knows" you, like in the Biblical sense? Maybe I can find someone else as a reference.... (jk).
Thanks, I'll shoot a PM to Stanonrc.
Tagamet
Old 10/11/2005, 12:36 PM
Registered Member

My dad and brother used to be real big into the metal detecting scene (dirt fishing). The bro was in germany for 6 years and has tons of very neat stuff ranging from cannonballs and crossbows to nazi paraphenalia and coins from the roman empire. The father unit ahs mostly searched around here and has lots of cool turn of the century coins. Both were/are big fans of Whites...do they still make those? I think Is till have one in the basement from when they tried to get me into it.
Old 10/11/2005, 12:39 PM

Gaaaaaah.

His user name on RC is "stan" (no quotes) Sorry about that Tag.

Bill
Old 10/11/2005, 01:01 PM
Reef Education 4 Schools

I know that BMAC and MattYDUB offered to help with Tag's stuff at the upcoming meeting.
I will take my trailer down to get them in there and don't mind taking my trailer with stuff on it. I already have big tank that I need to take to the meeting.

So if anybody got anything from Tagamet and wants it to be delivered should contact him, BMAC, Mattydub and I will be more than happy to take them down. I have stuff for the school I'm takking down and will be getting them ready.
Old 10/11/2005, 09:21 PM
Premium Member

are either of the oceanic sumps still available? if so, can you be a pal and point me in the right direction for a pic of this so I can see if it's something I can use for my new tank I'm putting together. I will be attending the swap, so if you have one and it's something I could use, I will take one off of your hands. thanks for your time.
Old 10/20/2005, 08:31 AM
TOF

Equipment and tanks headed to the swap

Zooqi (genuine friend that he is) made the 60+ mile round trip to my place with his trailer last night, and we FILLED it with tanks and equipment. Bytor, your 54 corner system rode INSIDE the van, just to insure it's safety. One Oceanic sump (40 gallons) is left, and the tanks range from 10 to 29 gallons. I think that there were 8 or 9 tanks, not counting Bytor's. To keep it simple, all tanks are priced at a dollar a gallon, OBO. Equipment includes everything from top off setups to pumps to florescent lighting. Lots of overflow boxes too for some reason. Everything is priced to sell. I'd suggest that everyone wait until they can see the stuff (in a couple days), but if you want to COMMIT to buying anything sight UNseen, PM Zooqi and he'll tape your name on it. FIRST COME FIRST SERVED. Please don't swamp Mo with questions. Send those my way. Most of the answers will be a SHRUG. I can describe a lot of the equipment, but not down to the model #'s or flow rate at 4 foot head. I "packed" everything very quickly, simply because the finality of that process was frankly, tough.

Thanks again for everyone's support through all this. I'm physically doing well, but feel like cr@p about the fact that the hand I'm dealt just won't allow me to be in this particular hobby anymore.

Be well,
Tagamet
Old 10/20/2005, 10:02 AM
Reef Education 4 Schools

Trailer and Van full of Tags stuff and later today if i can a chance I will try to wash the tank but no promiss. I will try to fit most of them in my van because I have another big tank to bring and on top of that I have to bring over 140 gallons of water too. Will see everybody at the swap and I don't mind answering what I can. These tanks are in good condition and some are drilled too and if not we can drill them there for $10 a hole.
Old 10/20/2005, 10:14 AM
TOF

Quote:
Originally posted by zooqi
Trailer and Van full of Tags stuff and later today if i can a chance I will try to wash the tank but no promiss. I will try to fit most of them in my van because I have another big tank to bring and on top of that I have to bring over 140 gallons of water too. Will see everybody at the swap and I don't mind answering what I can. These tanks are in good condition and some are drilled too and if not we can drill them there for $10 a hole.
Thanks zooqi. When I got the email about this post, I feared that it was to tell me you headed right for the recycling bins, since none of the tanks survived the trip (lol). Actually, the worst bump was probably the curb at the top of my driveway (I stood and held my breath for that one).
Tagamet
PS You have a PM too.
Old 10/20/2005, 01:00 PM
Reef Education 4 Schools

Actually with all the weight on the trailer bumps did not do much. So far we have them all. :d
Old 10/21/2005, 03:24 PM
Registered Member

hey zooqi...you need help? I told tag I'd hawk the stuff at the swap, but failed to realize you may need help loading it all up...sorry....did you already get all the stuff?