Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Omaha Marine Society
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/16/2005, 07:47 PM
Registered Member

Smile Coral Frags

We are new to Omaha area, ( 3 weeks ) and am looking for anyone wo might have some small coral frags to sell. We have a 12 gallon Nano cube and don't need bigh pieces.

Would appreciate any help we could recieve no finding some.
Old 02/16/2005, 10:46 PM
Registered Member

Welcome to Omaha!
What are you looking for in particular?
I don't have much to offer at the moment, maybe some Monitipora and some button polyps.
There are several locals that are probably more than willing to offer some items, although I don't know how many are on these boards. Also, the two good stores in town, Aqua Pets and Petworld usually will have some smaller frags at inexpensive prices.

I would encourage you to come to the Omaha Marine Society meeting and maybe meet a few people. There is a meeting next Saturday (26th)
Old 02/17/2005, 12:46 AM
Premium Member

Welcome to the area!

What kind of frags are you looking for? I can always frag off some Kenya Tree or xena. I guess that I could spare a shroom or two as well.

I see that you like the WoO. Very cool. I hope that you can come out to Eagle Raceway sometime this season. I get a couple free guest passes (I guess for my family, but we all work out there) every couple weeks. I'll have to get you some. Eagle has the best 360 show around! Do you go over to the nationals in August?
Old 02/17/2005, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

Are you a family teacher at Boys Town?

Mitch
Old 02/18/2005, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

Thanks all for thr GREAT WELCOME. We would love a Kenya Tree and xena, even a mushroom or anything else. I would pay for them.
Yes we would very much like to get some free passes to Eagle, we are diehard dirt car fans. We will try to get to your meeting the 26th at the Zoo.

We are Family Teaching Coordinators for Youth Care Inc. Our Exc. Director worked for Boys Town for 25 years.

REEFIN' & RACIN'
Old 02/18/2005, 12:38 PM
Premium Member

I'll go to the store and pick up some LR rubble today. I like to let the xenia frag its own self off. I think doing it like that puts less stress on the coral. It usually only takes a day or two for it to attach, then I'll just slice it off of the parent colony with a scalpel. Good, it needs some trimming. I'll frag off some of the Kenya Tree this weekend sometime. I'll PM you when they are ready to go, then I can meet you up in Omaha some evening. I won't get passes to the track until I get my first paycheck, I'll let you know when that is. In any case, you can check out Eagle's website for ticket info/schedule info.

Eagle Raceway

-Chad
Old 02/18/2005, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

Hey, Hartdude, I wouldn't mind some Kenya tree as well, if that's cool. Maybe like a $5 piece or so?

Willie41, I have some shrooms I can probably get, and I guess I do have some Anthelia growing like a weed also (kinda forgot about that one!)
Old 02/18/2005, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Chad & Chris I really appreciate the frags a lot. Just let us know where and when.
Do you go to the OMS meetings, if so what time do they start?
Also Chad thanks ahead of time for passes when races start.
Everybody we have met since moving a really nice.
Old 02/19/2005, 01:40 PM
Premium Member

I'll see what I can whip up!
Old 02/21/2005, 02:39 PM
Premium Member

Angry

Bad news. The Kenya Tree got suffocated by an avalanche of rocks. apparently caused by my flame scallop. I'm going to give it a few days to recover. I'll let you guys know how it's going.
Old 02/21/2005, 10:04 PM
Registered Member

Thanks Hartdude, things like that happen.
Old 02/28/2005, 06:10 PM
Registered Member

I have a small xenia frag and a small cabbage leather. The cabbage leather was fragged about 4 weeks ago and is doing well. Two quarter sized cuttings attached to small rock.

If you're interested....

Jeremy
Old 03/01/2005, 10:20 AM
Registered Member

Sure I am interested rjj175 , I live at Lake Forest Apartments.
Old 03/01/2005, 10:58 AM
Registered Member

I'm in Lincoln but head up to visit Omaha (specifically Pet World) pretty regularly. I'd give you the Xenia but might want a few bucks for the cabbage if that's okay.
I could also frag some green star polyps if you wanted those. Haven't done that yet but they need to be trimmed back a bit.
Would sometime this weekend work for you on the xenia and/or cabbage?
Old 03/01/2005, 11:42 AM
Registered Member

Hey rjj75, I might be interested in some Xenia as well, do you have any pictures?
I used to have a small frag, then bought a Coral Beauty, and it became snack. I think I want to try it again, because he seems to leave everything alone now, and is well fed.

I am near 180th and Harrison, so it would be sort of on your way to Petworld.

Hartdude, don't worry about it. Whenever you have some ready is fine with me!
Old 03/01/2005, 01:54 PM
Registered Member

Haha! The way my Xenia grows, I could probably provide it as a staple diet for the beauty

I might try to post some pics of the xenia and cabbage frags. I need to get some more xenia frags started.

If anyone has any LR rubble (or slightly larger than rubble), I'd take that in trade. If not, like I said, I'll give the xenia away.

Maybe between you and Willie we could set something up this weekend?

RJJ175
Old 03/01/2005, 02:19 PM
Registered Member

I do have a bunch of rubble, it is dry though (it is from an order of Hirocks) I can put it in my fuge to get some pods into it if you want, otherwise I'll just get a few pieces cleaned up for ya.

This weekend is fine for me, the only time that doesn't work is Saturday morning until about 2:00 pm. After that, I'm not sure what our plans are, but nothing set in stone for sure.
Old 03/01/2005, 02:21 PM
Registered Member

I be glad to give you something for the cabbage, also would take some the polyps rjj175. You name time and place this weekend and it will be fine with me.
Old 03/01/2005, 09:05 PM
Registered Member

Here are the photos. The cabbage looks a little darker in the picture than it really is. Again, each frag is about the size of a quarter. The Xenia is only a couple inches tall but bushy, pulsing, and attached very well. I think Sunday would work best for me. We could just meet sometime early afternoon at Wally's (gas station by sap bros.) I'm not too familiar with Omaha so finding homes could take me all day.

This is the only xenia I have right now but I'll probably cut some more very soon.

Let me know if you're both still wanting them and we'll setup a time.

Thanks
Jeremy
Old 03/01/2005, 11:24 PM
Registered Member

That xenia looks nice, I will definately take some. If this one is reserved for Willie41, that's fine, I can wait until more is ready. Don't need any cabbage, in fact, I should try my hand at fragging some of mine!
I can probably still meet up to give you some rock, if you want. (I'm just down the street from Sapp Bros, so that's cool. If your on your way to Petworld, we could just meet in the parking lot there too.

Anything workd for me!

Thanks
Chris
Old 03/02/2005, 09:42 AM
Registered Member

Sunday will be fine for me, but I need to know where Wallys and Sap Bros are, since I am new here, and what time?
Old 03/02/2005, 01:29 PM
Registered Member

Pet World parking lot works well too.

Willie, did you want the xenia and the cabbage or were you able to get xenia from another poster?
Old 03/03/2005, 11:59 AM
Registered Member

Would like xenia and cabbage. Pet World will be fine. I drive a 2004 silver 2 door Honda with spoiler on back, with Illinois plates.
What time are we meeting?
Old 03/03/2005, 06:08 PM
Registered Member

Let's shoot for 2pm. I drive a gray dode dakota. I'll both for you.

CH, I'll cut some more xenia this weekend and they'll be ready in about 2 wks. If you don't want to wait, I did sell 4 to Pet World last weekend. He said he was going to sell them for $10. Whether or not that's true, I don't know. But, he might have some left.
Old 03/03/2005, 07:38 PM
Registered Member

Sounds good. I hope I can make it, i just found out last nigt we are meeting up with some friends sunday sometime. Don't know when, but we are getting together to eat and let the kids play!
If I do make it at that time, I'll be in a black Hyundai Santa Fe. If not, no biggie.
I can wait for the Xenia, no problem at all.