Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Chicagoland Marine Aquarium Society (CMAS)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02/07/2005, 09:04 PM
I support GSDRNI.org

gqjeff...to be honest, I really haven't had this blue long enough to make a determination on the growth rate....although it doesn't seem as fast as my other digi's. Dave already contacted me about me being the "bag man" for some frags of his that you bought. That will be no problem at all. I'm not personally looking to add any more digi's myself, but I'm sure someone will. Believe it or not, I'll be looking more for somewhat colorful softies. Since I've move most of my sps's to the basement, my 150 gallon in the bedroom is looking sorta "naked". I promised the wife I'd get her more stuff that "sways in the current".

So FOLKS....DON'T THINK THIS IS JUST A BUNCH OF SPS FREAKS GETTING TOGETHER! i WANT OTHER STUFF AS WELL!

And as long as I'm on the subject of swaying in the current, anybody out there interested in a VERY ornamental, yet unidentified anemone? I bought one from a fellow reefer last summer while my tank was healing and now I have three. If somebody would like one for say $15 let me know and I'll bring one along. The first two are 3-4" across depending on their mood....and they're not real movers. They've right in the same spot since I got the first one. Here's a pic....cool little buggers.

Old 02/07/2005, 09:09 PM
eating my reef

Yeah recovered sps freak here......

I will have mostly softies and polyps.
Old 02/07/2005, 09:15 PM
Moved On

Jeff, thanks a bunch... What time are you planning on being there? How do most of you bring frags? I have never been to a frag swap so just curious?

Peace, jeff
Old 02/07/2005, 09:27 PM
Premium Member

Would anyone be interested in fungias...I have about 8 or 9 various sizes and colors...mostly neon green with brown tentacles...very flourescent under actinic and moonlighting..eat like crazy...brine shrimp, crushed squid etc...Thanks...Nina
Old 02/07/2005, 09:32 PM
I support GSDRNI.org

Quote:
Originally posted by Ladipyg
Would anyone be interested in fungias...I have about 8 or 9 various sizes and colors...mostly neon green with brown tentacles...very flourescent under actinic and moonlighting..eat like crazy...brine shrimp, crushed squid etc...Thanks...Nina
Any pics? ARe they long tenticled?
Old 02/07/2005, 10:04 PM
Premium Member

I can post some pics when I get home from work...they almost always have their tentacles out when they are not eating..there is a small white tip at the end of each tentacle. For some reason they really like the conditions in my tank...try my gallery..there might be a pic in there from last year when I was trying to identify what they were...they have gone from dime size to silver dollar size in a year...I feed them a couple of times a week at least...Nina
Old 02/07/2005, 10:06 PM
Premium Member

Nope, none there...I'll post some tonight when I get home...
Old 02/08/2005, 12:26 AM
eating my reef

Ladipyg.

I would love some fungias......I am going to be really tight with cash this weekend but I have tons to trade (see my above post). I will definitely take one or two off your hands. Have any orange ones?
Old 02/08/2005, 01:37 AM
Premium Member

Always willing to trade...my photos have too many KB's (over 50) to post on RC but if you shoot me an e-mail address I'll be more than glad to send you some pics that are currently on my computer...I'll take more in the morning when the lights come on.
Old 02/08/2005, 09:49 AM
eating my reef

meisen2000@aol.com

Thanks!
Old 02/08/2005, 03:39 PM
Registered Member

hi tank- hi everybody.

i'm considering if i should make the trip (chris, as you know i always get lost coming out there here's what i've got to trade/sell, let me know if anyone is interested and it will help me to decide:

-green slimer. frags could be cut to your desired length. lets say $10 per inch, all having multiple branches and larger frags will be more like little colonies (but not mounted).

-monti cap. tan with purple polyps. fastest grower around and frags will be large. $10-30 depending on size ($30 being enormous).

-branching hydnophora. neon green. same deal as the slimer, $10 per inch. the hydo is a mighty stinger, let it be known... but, the branching hydno does not have the same sweeper tenticles as its plating cousin. mine is given 1 inch all the way around for the safety of its neighbors.

-2 different softies (not counting the xenia or gsp ), but i have no IDs. visit my red house for the most recent pics. priced upon request (cheap).

-could possibly frag my hammer coral, but have never done so before. i assume i could just pull of a branch? depends on interest.

of course this is a swap- i'd do good trades but i'm mostly looking for sps and possibly cool colored zoos or rics.

-ari
Old 02/08/2005, 08:46 PM
will work for frags

Ok count me in also
Old 02/09/2005, 12:31 AM
I support GSDRNI.org

arinick....Come on by....you know tank LOVES to have folks gawk at his tank... Besides, I'm probably interested in a medium sized tan/purple polyped cap and, believe it or not, probably a softie or two...as long as it gets tall enough to "sway in the current".

Jeff
Old 02/09/2005, 07:29 PM
eating my reef

Looking forward to it guys.....oh anyone interested in cerith snails? I wont bother picking them out of the sand if no one is but I have a bunch extra from when I initially stocked the tank. Some are brown and some are black and white banded, I will just offer lots of pre-counted snails so I am not getting water all over
Tanks basement. If anyone is interested, pm or post to LMK and I will bring them.

.50 each, 20/7.00 sound good?
Old 02/09/2005, 07:33 PM
eating my reef

Oh, for all you SPS guys out there with unwanted zoas, I found something on one of my recently ordered colonies: a sundial snail. If anyone is interested in holding their zoas at bay, these guys are great. And, they are easy enough to remove if you have a change of heart. They dont work all that fast either, it took the one I used in my last SPS tank more than a month to clear a rock off of Zoanthids.

I will give him away for free to the first request....of course, if you want to shoot me a small frag, I wont decline either.
Old 02/09/2005, 09:30 PM
Premium Member

Hey Meisen...maybe I can trade that fungia on the right-side pic you liked for about 30 snails...it's about nickel sized right now...what do you say?
Old 02/10/2005, 08:19 AM
eating my reef

Ladypyg,

Sounds great. See you there.

Mark
Old 02/11/2005, 02:46 PM
Registered Member

I plan on coming. I will be the clueless looking one asking questions. I would like to buy some easy small stuff. Montiporia maybe?

Look forward to it.

Jeff
Old 02/11/2005, 02:47 PM
Registered Member

I have some very common Xenia. Not sure if anyone would be interested at this level. Let me know.
Old 02/11/2005, 04:58 PM
I support GSDRNI.org

Quote:
Originally posted by dochoot
I plan on coming. I will be the clueless looking one asking questions. I would like to buy some easy small stuff. Montiporia maybe?

Look forward to it.

Jeff
I'll be bringing a few Pavona frags as well as a few orange Monti caps and green monti caps. IMO the pavona is probably the easiest sps for beginners...and also the least light demanding. The caps are pretty easy as well.

Jeff
Old 02/11/2005, 05:06 PM
Brotherhood Of The Reef

I too have frags in case anyone wants to know............
Old 02/11/2005, 05:09 PM
Registered Member

I'm hoping to come and meet everyone.
Old 02/11/2005, 05:13 PM
Brotherhood Of The Reef

I just would like to say thanks to those of you who have offered to bring pop/beer/snacks. I do appreciate any help in that area I can get. Looks like 20ish, maybe a bit more will be here on Sunday, and keeping everyone supplied with a beer could be a challenge! At least if you drink like I do................
Old 02/11/2005, 05:15 PM
Brotherhood Of The Reef

Remember, doors close at 5pm! You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here! lol. And please don't everyone bring a case of beer, I would then feel obligated to make sure they all got drank so you wouldn't have to lug them home!
Old 02/11/2005, 06:28 PM
eating my reef

LOL I will keep it to a 6-pack of the good stuff that way no one has hurt feelings.

See you all Sunday.