Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community Archives > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > Inactive Club Forums > Central Valley Reefers (CVR)
FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01/10/2005, 01:19 AM
Premium Member

BAR swap 1-8-2004

That was an enjoyable event. Everyone from CVR enjoyed it. Represent CVR were:

Bigred
blubfish and family
JWKaos
mopwr2u
reefmaster3024
Sherman and his wife
Senorpyro
Tacocat
Whodah
Weatherson

BigRed made several donations that included lare zoo rocks and acro colonies. Whodah donated an oyster rock and some zoos. I donated squat, and for some reason weatherson thought it was a colony swap not a frag swap. He gave away frogspawn frags that had 5 or more heads. They were the first LPS corals gone.
Old 01/10/2005, 04:09 AM
My Name is Inigo Montoya

Good to meet those of you who I was able to chat with for a bit. Look forward to seeing you all again.
Old 01/10/2005, 09:17 AM
Premium Member

spanker, they didn't tell me it was you until after we left. It was nice meeting you. I take it that big tank in the other room is your new 400?
Old 01/10/2005, 09:24 AM
Registered Member

Nah, my 400 is at home. Sand, Water, and Rock in it, just need to get my lighting sorted as to how it's going to "hover" over the tank. Once I have that and my fuge setup, I'll be ready for livestock. The tank itself has been up literally for 5 months.
Old 01/10/2005, 09:26 AM
Registered Member

Blast it! My co-worker signed me off and logged on.. T'is I, spanker, as Miffle who made the above statement. I delcare all above statements are true to the best of my knowledge. No warranties either expressed or implied tho.. k, I'm going to log him out now. Miffle is new. He bought a house that already had a tank in it. Be nice to him if he posts questions.
Old 01/10/2005, 09:34 AM
Premium Member

Damn, let's here it for Miffle. What size is that tank in the store? So are you planning on two of them?
Old 01/10/2005, 10:55 AM
Teem Zissou

heya!

man that was fun!

thx BAR!!!

hey spanker: it was nice to finally put a name to the face! good chattin w/ ya, and thx for the help too!
Old 01/10/2005, 12:24 PM
PKSN

Thanks for coming guys! It was great to see you.

We have a possible Monti eating nudi issue:
If you went to the swap and took home frags, please READ THIS
Old 01/10/2005, 02:17 PM
Premium Member

Thanks Lefty, I only picked up one monti. It was a purple polyped danae from TP, but I gave it a good old OD of Seachem.
Old 01/10/2005, 05:00 PM
Premium Member

here's some photos;

Old 01/11/2005, 12:18 AM
Fragaholic

Glad you could all visit up here.
See you next time!-Jim
Old 01/11/2005, 12:32 AM
have fun with it!~)

man, i missed meeting you joe weatherson!
i was the big guy with pony tail (in mars shirt) hanging out with randy reed. i have my hands on a coral in the last picture you posted. i hope to meet you soon. when i talk with ted (twize) he tells me your a great guy! i spoke with him sunday, he ask if you were there and i said no. little did i know

see you around,

shawn!~)

see you around bro!

shawn!~)
Old 01/11/2005, 12:34 AM
have fun with it!~)

looks like its cvr's turn to host a swap?

!~)
Old 01/11/2005, 01:40 AM
Koi Pimp

It was great seeing you all again.. Let me know when you guys have a Fresno swap..
Old 01/11/2005, 01:51 AM
Premium Member

Jim,
Thanks. I can surely speak for the rest of the CVR gang and say that we all had a blast. You're sure to see more of us at the next event.

Shawn,
Looks like I caught you in the act in that photo. Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet as well. There were so many there it was more than chaotic. But it sure was nice to put faces to those that I have conversed with so many times before here on RC. I keep trying to coordinate with Ted so I can bring a few CVR members to see his tank but it has yet to work out. Maybe then, we could meet each other in person. I'll be easy to spot with a pony tail almost to the length of yours. CVR has a little ways to go before we start hosting multi-club frag events but we are getting there. Stay tuned.

Joseph
Old 01/11/2005, 02:12 AM
Premium Member

Oh no a pony tail war! Shawn I recognized you from Twize's video. You guys are brave. I was going to say Hi, but you were either busy or doing windsprints from one end of the building to the other.
Old 01/11/2005, 03:26 AM
have fun with it!~)

hector, that video has come in handy that way. when i went to dave b's swap, i just walked around and the people i was there to meet called me right over.

it seemed like i was always late to my groups pick. hammerhead and marc d. kept reminding me my group was up. i still came home with very nice corals.

it sure was a surprise to see s. tyree there. anyone take home one of his corals that he brought?

see you guy's soon,

!~)
Old 01/11/2005, 12:44 PM
Premium Member

A CVR hosted swap may be a possibility. We had our first local swap, and it was a success. Of our 120+ members, only 5 our so had actually been to a swap, so we figured it best for everyone to get their feet wet.

Not only did they get their feet wet, they now pine for frag swap (as exemplified by the number in attendance). The cool part would be the fact that we are located midway between SF and LA.
Old 01/12/2005, 07:22 PM
Koi Pimp

Hector who's the president of your guys club??
Old 01/12/2005, 07:24 PM
Teem Zissou

/me puts on hector's namebadge

CVR Club Prez = weatherson

/me takes off hector's namebadge
Old 01/12/2005, 07:33 PM
Koi Pimp

AHA..... I see... So Jow when's the swap... Hopefully not before I get a bigger tank=) I think I'm going to start gluing corals to Starboard in front of my LR..=)
Old 01/13/2005, 01:39 AM
Premium Member

As far as large club events like a multi-club frag swap, talk of this is a bit premature. We have some general club business to get into place first. But there's definitely the enthusiasm and dedication displayed by our members to do these types of events and I can predict great events like this in our near future. As mentioned by Hector before, our location makes an ideal situation for Northern and Southern Cali combined frag swap and/or flea markets.
Old 01/29/2005, 03:07 AM
Fragaholic

Hey all

I would love to coordinate timing so BAR, MARS, CVR and Socal swaps all happen at different times of the year.
LMK.-Jim
Old 01/29/2005, 10:44 AM
Teem Zissou

hrm, that idea sounds great!

were you thinking like spread them out every ~ 4 months or so?
Old 01/29/2005, 12:16 PM
Fragaholic

no idea yet.

I think we should have all the event coordinators from the clubs talking to each other There could also be a way to coordinate speakers so we all save some money o0n flying guests in. Who's in charge of the CVR event planning?